Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMade the cover of a local magazine! Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Made the cover of a local magazine!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Made the cover of a local magazine! Empty
PostSubject: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 2:30 am

A coworker of mine pointed out that an editor of our local Ankeny Living Magazine was looking to do a feature piece on adults who still collect things from their childhoods. She suggested that I reach out the to the editor because I had mentioned my video game collecting hobby to her, and so I did. After sharing with the editor some information, she sent her husband over to take some pictures of me and my collection. I knew the piece was going to include some others as well, I was pretty excited when I got my copy in the mail and found out I was on the cover. So literally 35,000 people who read this magazine got a magazine with my ugly mug smiling back at them. Made the cover of a local magazine! 1797695198

Link here if you guys would like to see it or read it:

http://www.dmcityview.com/AnkenyMarch2020/html5/index.html?page=1&noflash

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

Wallace108 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 am

I wish I would never have clicked on the link Made the cover of a local magazine! 1797695198
Cool Iowa!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 11:28 am

I have that same hat!

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:45 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
I wish I would never have clicked on the link Made the cover of a local magazine! 1797695198
Cool Iowa!

Thanks!

@Drizztbob wrote:
I have that same hat!

It's probably my favorite Steelers hat, get a lot of compliments on it just wearing it around. Picked it up from Rally House down by Heinz.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 10:02 am

That's pretty cool Iowa. Made the cover of a local magazine! 184121345

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 10:34 am

@solardave wrote:
That's pretty cool Iowa. Made the cover of a local magazine! 184121345

Thanks brotha. I still can't believe I was featured. My collection has grown extensively since then as well.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 3:45 pm

I'm a little disappointed you weren't wearing your SX shirt. Free advertising. Made the cover of a local magazine! 131212936

Seriously though, that's awesome. Good photo. Made the cover of a local magazine! 184121345

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 1:21 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
I'm a little disappointed you weren't wearing your SX shirt. Free advertising. Made the cover of a local magazine! 131212936

Seriously though, that's awesome. Good photo. Made the cover of a local magazine! 184121345

Haha thought I had to look the part as a video game nerd otherwise I definitely would have!

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of it, even if it was just a small local magazine that everyone gets for free in the mail.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 4:36 am

Hollywood Iowa ain't no living with him now. Made the cover of a local magazine! 1797695198 congrats Iowa.

told the wife that l was going to the bar for a couple of beers, she said ok be back in a couple hours, l said ok see you later. l called her an hour later, babe someone at the bar coughed and because of Covid-19 we are quarantined for the next 14 days.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 4:42 am

@Wallace108 wrote:

Made the cover of a local magazine! 1664291743

told the wife that l was going to the bar for a couple of beers, she said ok be back in a couple hours, l said ok see you later. l called her an hour later, babe someone at the bar coughed and because of Covid-19 we are quarantined for the next 14 days.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 8:08 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
Hollywood Iowa ain't no living with him now. Made the cover of a local magazine! 1797695198 congrats Iowa.

Thanks man! Maybe now I can afford mimosas right @Bays?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made the cover of a local magazine!   Made the cover of a local magazine! Empty

Back to top Go down

Made the cover of a local magazine!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: The Game Room-
Jump to: