Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home49th pick Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

49th pick

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: 49th pick   49th pick EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 11:28 pm

Steelers getting big at WR. I like big WRs.

solardave

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 5:37 am

I like the first 2 picks. Claypool looks like a beast and Highsmith looks to have a real high ceiling. He doesn't give up on plays. These look to be solid picks who can contribute early on.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:21 am

the best value for round 4 looks to be at OT. or could they go for a qb like fromm ? 49th pick 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:40 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the best value for round 4 looks to be at OT. or could they go for a qb like fromm ? 49th pick 2829330259

If Fromm is still on the board, I wouldn't mind the gamble... Of all those projected 2nd and 3rd round QB's he was the one with the biggest ceiling imo.

I'm ok with our first two picks, but I would've preferred Akers, Dobbins or Cleveland over Chasepool to be honest. When the Seahawks traded up to 48, I thought it was for Chasepool. He was the player I thought both Seattle and us would be interested in but I was wrong there.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 8:11 am

@Stella Nation wrote:

If Fromm is still on the board, I wouldn't mind the gamble... Of all those projected 2nd and 3rd round QB's he was the one with the biggest ceiling imo.

I'm ok with our first two picks, but I would've preferred Akers, Dobbins or Cleveland over Chasepool to be honest. When the Seahawks traded up to 48, I thought it was for Chasepool. He was the player I thought both Seattle and us would be interested in but I was wrong there.

Just curious (and lazy:chuckle: ). Who did Seattle pick at 48?
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:13 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

Darrell Taylor, a pass rusher and a surprise pick as he wasn't one of the biggest names on the board at his position. Pretty sure, the Steelers weren't going to draft him but who knows.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:21 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

Darrell Taylor, a pass rusher and a surprise pick as he wasn't one of the biggest names on the board at his position. Pretty sure, the Steelers weren't going to draft him but who knows.

Seattle reached for both their draft picks. Taylor was a shock to me. It's one thing to reach someone a half round or full round ahead, but I thought Taylor was a 4th rounder. 49th pick 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:22 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

Seattle reached for both their draft picks. Taylor was a shock to me. It's one thing to reach someone a half round or full round ahead, but I thought Taylor was a 4th rounder. 49th pick 2087824411

And the worst is that they've trades up 11 spots to get him (he probably still would be there at 60) and they gave up a 3r round pick in the process 49th pick 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:26 am

@Stella Nation wrote:

I need to correct myself as I meant Eason, not Fromm. It's still early 49th pick 1797695198 Fromm probably has a higher floor, but Eason has a big arm. If he can work on his soft touch, he can become really good as he also has good field vision. Fromm doesn't really have a strong arm so lesser upside imo.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:52 am

Heard an interesting comment on Claypool, I think from one of the Bleacher Report draft analysts. He said you can remove the WR from Claypool and put OW, because he's an Offensive Weapon. In the video eff posted above, they say if he was listed as a TE he'd be a 1st round prospect, which does seem about right.

He fell off my radar. I said in another post that when the Steelers come up to pick at #49, 7 OTs and 10 WRs would already be taken. Well, that's about the only thing I got right. My assumption was that with those players gone, you'd still have a pick at a high level RB, which was the case. Either the Steelers valued Claypool more than I or they felt WR would be a better pick than RB. I think MOP was saying you can hand the ball to just about anyone if your O-line is good and that just might be the Steelers' thought process.

Anyways, the thing I like about Claypool is his high ceiling. He's really not a polished receiver. His route running needs to be improved to be an effective NFL WR. And Ben is very picky about the routes his WRs run, the breaks, the speed, and everything else that results in timing. Once he gets that, you have a guy that should be darn near unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 11:05 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

And the worst is that they've trades up 11 spots to get him (he probably still would be there at 60) and they gave up a 3r round pick in the process 49th pick 1505004552

I think that's the case. I should be fair and say that some did have him graded as a 2nd rounder. But I don't think he was special enough to jump up 11 and get him. Honestly, his play comes off as underwhelming. He has the talent, you can see that. But he doesn't really turn it on. I think at 60 the Seahawks would have had their choice of about 6 guys like this. When they jumped up, I really thought they were trying to get one of the RBs. When that pick came in I couldn't help but laugh.

Add that on top of taking Jordyn Brooks at 27 when Patrick Queen was right there. And damned them for not taking Queen because the Ratbirds got him at 28. Brooks is good, but I thought he was a 2nd rounder. Probably not as much of a reach as Taylor, but still 49th pick 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 11:45 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

I think that's the case. I should be fair and say that some did have him graded as a 2nd rounder. But I don't think he was special enough to jump up 11 and get him. Honestly, his play comes off as underwhelming. He has the talent, you can see that. But he doesn't really turn it on. I think at 60 the Seahawks would have had their choice of about 6 guys like this. When they jumped up, I really thought they were trying to get one of the RBs. When that pick came in I couldn't help but laugh.

Add that on top of taking Jordyn Brooks at 27 when Patrick Queen was right there. And damned them for not taking Queen because the Ratbirds got him at 28. Brooks is good, but I thought he was a 2nd rounder. Probably not as much of a reach as Taylor, but still 49th pick 2829330259

Ravens have a great draft so far 49th pick 2913999526
Queen, Dobbins, Madubuike and extra picks from the Patriots* 49th pick 2625562446 Only Tyre Phillips I don't understand with other better OL prospects still available. That seems like a reach to me.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 11:58 am

A lot of valuable OL still there in the 4th round for us. Interior: Muti, Lemieux, Kindley, Biadasz, Bredeson and Stenberg, T: Tega Wanogho, Taylor, Driscoll. I hope we get at least one of them. And second pick maybe another OL, DL, RB, LB or Eason or Fromm.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 4:06 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
Anyways, the thing I like about Claypool is his high ceiling. He's really not a polished receiver. His route running needs to be improved to be an effective NFL WR. And Ben is very picky about the routes his WRs run, the breaks, the speed, and everything else that results in timing. Once he gets that, you have a guy that should be darn near unstoppable.

This is where I wish we had Hines Ward as our receivers coach. Hines was never fast, but his ability to run the route tree is a big reason as to why he was successful over the course of his career. Guess we'll see what Ike Hilliard can do with him. Claypool has the intangibles to be great, he has to be great at the details, namely route running. If he can polish his route running, watch out.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptyThu May 07, 2020 12:23 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
Heard an interesting comment on Claypool, I think from one of the Bleacher Report draft analysts. He said you can remove the WR from Claypool and put OW, because he's an Offensive Weapon. In the video eff posted above, they say if he was listed as a TE he'd be a 1st round prospect, which does seem about right.

He fell off my radar. I said in another post that when the Steelers come up to pick at #49, 7 OTs and 10 WRs would already be taken. Well, that's about the only thing I got right. My assumption was that with those players gone, you'd still have a pick at a high level RB, which was the case. Either the Steelers valued Claypool more than I or they felt WR would be a better pick than RB. I think MOP was saying you can hand the ball to just about anyone if your O-line is good and that just might be the Steelers' thought process.

I was thinking OT with the pick but I really like this pick for the outside blocking in the running game 49th pick 1797695198 a smallish TE with WR speed, big target in the redzone who natural knows to go and get the ball. not a polished WR with a lot of up side the Steelers know how to develope WRs. Steelers have 6 6' 200 lbs plus WRs going into camp.

effyou515

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick EmptyThu May 07, 2020 12:57 pm

I like this pick 4th round, good vision, good hands, could be a good one cut up field runner with 4.44 40 speed. not looking for him to be a feature back. Steelers now have some speed in the RB Room with Whyte and McFarland

49th pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 49th pick   49th pick Empty

Back to top Go down

49th pick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: