Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Have Their Own Bountygate? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptyFri May 15, 2020 8:15 am

Uh oh...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29176288/james-harrison-says-mike-tomlin-gave-envelope-hit-mohamed-massaquoi
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:16 pm

Wonder how this will effect the team's season as well as you know that Mr Harrison is no shrinking Violet?!

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptySat May 16, 2020 5:52 am

Tomlin probably gave him the envelope after it was known that Harrison was fined to cover the fine, because he felt the hit was legal. That's different then telling your players to injure opponents and promise them money if they do. Why would Harrison intentionally injure Massaquoi anyway? That guy got what? 20 catches a year?

Anyway, I'm completely done with Harrison now. He was one of the Steelers greats and I will forever remember his superbowl play, but the way he's throwing us under the bus is unacceptable for any former Steelers player.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptySat May 16, 2020 6:09 am

Honestly I was done with Harrison when he signed with the Patriots*. I don't care who you are and how good you were. You don't turn on a team that treated you good just because when your time was up you couldn't accept it and sold out. I agree with Stella. Reimbursing a player for a fine on a hit you thought was legal is totally different than paying a bounty. The fact that Tomlin denies it makes me wonder if it ever even happened.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptySat May 16, 2020 6:53 am

Harrison is walking back comments.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29179261/james-harrison-says-steelers-mike-tomlin-never-had-bounty-system
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptySat May 16, 2020 9:43 am

Remember when Belicheat was fined $500k for spygate and after paying the fine the Pats* wrote a new contract raising his pay $500k? Envelope = "contract bonus".
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptySat May 16, 2020 10:50 am

@jak341 wrote:
Harrison is walking back comments.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29179261/james-harrison-says-steelers-mike-tomlin-never-had-bounty-system

He shouldn't have said anything in the first place. Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? 2913999526
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptySat May 16, 2020 1:48 pm

@solardave wrote:
Honestly I was done with Harrison when he signed with the Patriots**. I don't care who you are and how good you were. You don't turn on a team that treated you good just because when your time was up you couldn't accept it and sold out. I agree with Stella. Reimbursing a player for a fine on a hit you thought was legal is totally different than paying a bounty. The fact that Tomlin denies it makes me wonder if it ever even happened.

I'm with you.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptySat May 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Mark Madden is over James Harrison.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-time-for-the-steelers-to-cut-ties-with-james-harrison/
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptySun May 17, 2020 9:26 am

@jak341 wrote:
Mark Madden is over James Harrison.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-time-for-the-steelers-to-cut-ties-with-james-harrison/

I like the reminder of Harrison's attitude and behavior before he went to the Cheaters. I'm not one to get stuck on players going to rivals, that's their decision which involves the financial security of their families. But what he did to get the Steelers to release him was a demonstration of poor character.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptyMon May 18, 2020 9:49 am

good thing Harrison had the size, strength and athleticism because mentality isn't one of his strong suits.

told the wife that l was going to the bar for a couple of beers, she said ok be back in a couple hours, l said ok see you later. l called her an hour later, babe someone at the bar coughed and because of Covid-19 we are quarantined for the next 14 days.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptyMon May 18, 2020 11:22 am

I think Harrison gave Antonio Brown ideas on how to get out of the organization. He has ended up on my turd list of humanity.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? EmptyTue May 19, 2020 5:26 am

Tomlin likely paid him in regards to the fine and believing the hit was legal, 150% sure there wasn't a bounty thing going on.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?   Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate? Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Have Their Own Bountygate?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: