Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFan reactions Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Fan reactions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 3:14 am

Below is a video recently tweeted by Zach Banner. Watch it, and then let me know ...

1. What's your overall view of players doing videos like this? Do you approve? Disapprove? Don't care?

2. If you read through the comments on these kinds of tweets, you find that the overwhelming majority of fans always approve of what the players are doing. What's your take on fans constantly kissing players' asses?

3. When a fan criticizes a player, other fans are quick to jump to the defense of the player and attack their fellow fan. Should they be more tolerant of differing opinions, or is it wrong to strongly criticize Steelers players on a public forum?

I've got some thoughts on this topic, but I'm curious what others have to say first.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 6:12 am

Kinda stupid if you ask me. I'm sure it would be received better if he released it after we win #7.

Wallace108 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 10:45 am

1) It doesn't bother me. It looks like he was trying to do something fun during the quarantine.

2) Zach was a fan favorite last year. I'm not sure that they were kissing his ass. There are always negative people that just have to be grumpy about whatever.

3) People should be more tolerant in general. However, the culture these days is that you have to be intolerant to anyone who has a differing opinion, which I hate.

Wallace108 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 11:29 am

Kind of silly but harmless. I'm no not seeing why there would be any controversy.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 12:25 pm

@solardave wrote:
I'm sure it would be received better if he released it after we win #7.

True.

@vasteeler wrote:
Kind of silly but harmless. I'm no not seeing why there would be any controversy.

There was just a major controversy over Goya beans. The new rule is that EVERYTHING has to be controversial. So here we are. Fan reactions 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 12:29 pm

@Lokki wrote:
3) People should be more tolerant in general.  However, the culture these days is that you have to be intolerant to anyone who has a differing opinion, which I hate.  

You hit on the very reason why I started this thread. We'll swing back to this later after more chime in.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Honestly I see something like this, or even ZB in general as spontaneous and humorous. I enjoyed the twitter back and forth last season, reminded me a lot of what Vince Williams started a few years ago.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 4:35 pm

You know what. Compare this to AB or Bell and it is a ...I'll call it silly departure from me me me mindset. I've seen worse. I was around when Joe Namath wore nylons in a commercial. Fan reactions 2744185472
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 1:45 pm

Mark Madden and Banner have been going back and forth as of late. Amusing, to say the least.

https://1059thex.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2020-07-24-three-stooges/?__twitter_impression=true

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 10:06 pm

1. don't care.

2. i find it strange how people think they have some kind of connection with people they dont even personally know. we actually root for a logo or city more so than individuals. i mean you can idolize a player one day and hate on him the next simply because he went to a rival team. long ago i stopped buying gear with a players name on it.

3 nobody deserves your undying loyalty unless you know them PERSONALLY and know what the content of their character is. i'm sure OJ "the murderer" Simpson had quite a few adoring fans back in the day.
i'm willing to listen to anyones opinion. i might disagree and depending on the subject it can be a deal breaker on if i ever wish to speak to you again. people give clues to their morals and character when they give their opinions. thats how we pick our friends right ? you dont have friends you have nothing in common with.

Wallace108, solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 12:16 am

I kind of like it. I saw a video of him doing this in front of an audience last fall...can't remember where it was at. He had people making a train behind him and dancing on stage.

As for question 2...I don't blindly defend players anymore other than maybe some of the original Steelers I saw late 70's when I started as a fan. I think free agency dampened that and James Harrison underlined it.

As for question number 3, you cannot express an opinion anymore without being attacked by someone who holds a differing opinion. We can't respectfully disagree anymore. People allow political affiliations to replace rational thinking. I don't follow Twitter, so haven't read thru what's going on here, but it wouldn't surprise me that there'd be 2 camps on this...there are 2 camps on everything these days.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 1:26 am

@jak341 wrote:
Mark Madden and Banner have been going back and forth as of late. Amusing, to say the least.

https://1059thex.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2020-07-24-three-stooges/?__twitter_impression=true

I cannot stand Mark Madden. I'd rather watch Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe argue on loop for 24hrs straight than listen to Mark Madden at all.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 10:38 am

A lot of great responses.
I'll just leave this here for now ...

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 12:08 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

Fan reactions 2573146105
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 3:52 pm

1. I kind of like those videos, also when players of other teams do them. As long as I can laugh. And if I don't like it, I don't care Fan reactions 1797695198

2. That's their businness.

3. Players sometimes deserve criticism, nothing wrong with that if it stays polite. There was a discussion on this forum regarding Juju where he received some criticism and others (me including) defended him. Everything stayed civilised if I remember well Fan reactions 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 3:53 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

That's exactly why I like Juju and why I still like him if he would go to another team and do the same things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fan reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan reactions   Fan reactions Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan reactions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: