Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeSkinny Benny Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Skinny Benny

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1359
Join date : 2011-04-08

Skinny Benny Empty
PostSubject: Skinny Benny   Skinny Benny EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Quote :

Snell's new look: There is a new Benny Snell on the field for the Steelers during training camp at Heinz Field.

While he is listed at 224 pounds on the roster, he has trimmed down to 212 pounds after working his tail off all offseason, something that both he and the team wanted him to do.

"I think it was a group decision," said Snell. "There were things that I could have worked on coming out of last year. The Steelers gave me a plan, I stuck to it. I think it will help me a ton going into this year with my lateral quickness, my speed, me taking care of my body, the hits I can take."

i dont get it. Benny was billed as a power back. how is being lighter an advantage ?  Skinny Benny 2087824411
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4252
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Skinny Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skinny Benny   Skinny Benny EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 5:28 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Quote :

Snell's new look: There is a new Benny Snell on the field for the Steelers during training camp at Heinz Field.

While he is listed at 224 pounds on the roster, he has trimmed down to 212 pounds after working his tail off all offseason, something that both he and the team wanted him to do.

"I think it was a group decision," said Snell. "There were things that I could have worked on coming out of last year. The Steelers gave me a plan, I stuck to it. I think it will help me a ton going into this year with my lateral quickness, my speed, me taking care of my body, the hits I can take."

i dont get it. Benny was billed as a power back. how is being lighter an advantage ?  Skinny Benny 2087824411

Same could've been said about Le'Veon Bell getting drafted out of Michigan State. He was a big boy when he played at MSU. He ended up losing weight for the Steelers and it definitely helped him. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see what it can do for Snell.

_________________
Skinny Benny PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

Wallace108 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4997
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Skinny Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skinny Benny   Skinny Benny EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 6:26 am

Yeah I think this could help him more than hurt him. Especially if he gains a little speed so he can get around the corner. I thought the same thing about Bell dropping weight and I think the same will be true for Snell.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4252
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Skinny Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skinny Benny   Skinny Benny EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 6:57 am

@solardave wrote:
Yeah I think this could help him more than hurt him. Especially if he gains a little speed so he can get around the corner. I thought the same thing about Bell dropping weight and I think the same will be true for Snell.

I concur. Speed kills in the NFL and 212 still isn't exactly a small guy. I feel like a bit of a weight drop will make him more nimble on his feet while still allowing him to maintain some of his power running ability. Bell still ran with plenty of power and if I'm not mistaken he was right around that 212lb weight as well after he dropped.

_________________
Skinny Benny PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1359
Join date : 2011-04-08

Skinny Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skinny Benny   Skinny Benny EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 7:46 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
Yeah I think this could help him more than hurt him. Especially if he gains a little speed so he can get around the corner. I thought the same thing about Bell dropping weight and I think the same will be true for Snell.

I concur. Speed kills in the NFL and 212 still isn't exactly a small guy. I feel like a bit of a weight drop will make him more nimble on his feet while still allowing him to maintain some of his power running ability. Bell still ran with plenty of power and if I'm not mistaken he was right around that 212lb weight as well after he dropped.

converting that 12 or 13 lbs to muscle would have been the better option ... Skinny Benny 2087824411
compare bennys 5' 10" 220+, to connors 6' 1" 220+

Skinny Benny C9cde097-benny-snell-provided-tattoo


Skinny Benny DmEzT9IjmF-hQ9bA0kLmGSClZj4dhtJ0U1NbwvwvPR4
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Skinny Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skinny Benny   Skinny Benny EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 9:02 pm

Whoever can run consistently and not get injured is the guy I am rooting for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Skinny Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skinny Benny   Skinny Benny Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Skinny Benny
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: