Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJames "made of glass" Conner Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

James "made of glass" Conner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

James "made of glass" Conner Empty
PostSubject: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 1:15 am

Once again he winds up hurt tonight, even if he gets healthy quick, how do you not roll with Snell after tonight?
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 1:39 am

Yeah, I thought Snell looked really good. He ended with 113 yards and almost 6 yds per carry.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 2:19 am

@Shalieve5090 wrote:
Once again he winds up hurt tonight, even if he gets healthy quick, how do you not roll with Snell after tonight?

It really is unbelievable how this dude manages to get hurt constantly. I don't think it's a matter of toughness, this dude fought through cancer, but his body is definitely betraying him. Sad, because when he's healthy I think he's a pretty good running back, but he just can't stay healthy.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 5:07 am

If Snell puts together a string of 100+yd games he just might take Connor's job. The way Snell ran last night was how he ran at Kentucky and the reason we picked him.As for JC getting injured in game one is not a good sign. As bad as I feel for him at the end of the day we need a healthy,productive RB.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 7:41 am

to me Snell looked quicker and ran harder

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 12:23 pm

Snell starts next Sunday he runs for 100+ you will see Conners reps drop to a minimum.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 2:18 pm

This from Joe Starkey's Q & A at Post Gazette:

Rick Wilson, @Ricktactoe: What is the Conner situation if his injury is short term following a strong Benny Snell performance?

Starkey: Great question, Dr. Wilson. A week ago, Mike Tomlin was adamant that his team had a “bell cow” back in James Conner. Now what?

Conner’s miserable injury luck continued in the opener, when he injured an ankle in the first half. He has now missed 11 games and parts of several others in his first three seasons. In fact, he has left three of his past four starts (Giants, Jets, Browns) on account of injuries and did not seem healthy in the Buffalo game.

The Steelers keep saying they are “comfortable” with Conner, but professional sports teams say a lot of things. I couldn’t help but notice the Steelers did not sign him to a contract extension, so they can’t be overly comfortable.

And now Tomlin might have a decision on his hands. You phrased it well, Dr. Wilson: What if Conner is iffy, as he was down the stretch last season, seemingly for every game. What then?

For me, it’s easy: Snell has earned the No. 1 job, even if Conner is deemed healthy. Performance talks. Snell had a great game Monday night, in keeping with this theme: Whenever he is made the “bell cow,” he responds.

Consider: Snell has received 15 or more carries six times in his career. He has rushed for 481 yards on 107 carries in those games, good for 4.5 yards per tote. Also, his 30-yard run Monday matched the longest run of Conner’s career and was longer than any Conner run since October 2018.

If Conner is questionable, the Steelers should move ahead with Snell. It’s easier to prepare for games that way. The bigger news is that Snell is making himself a viable option even if Conner is healthy.

But that’s just me. Tomlin might have different ideas.

full article: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2020/09/15/benny-snell-steelers-james-conner-injury-zach-banner-terrell-edmunds/stories/202009150108

jak341

PostSubject: Re: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm

From MM:

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 6:31 pm

@jak341 wrote:
From MM:

If he struggles they may go quicker to Snell since he did so well.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 7:42 am

Regardless of Connor's health I think we'll see quite a bit of Snell going forward. It doesn't make sense to not give him the ball. I'd like to see him do something we haven't seen in awhile,something I know he is capable of. Busting a long run for a TD. Since it looks evident our O-line could struggle (2 injuries so far) we will need a RB who can make his own holes and Connor may struggle all year with a bad ankle.I don't know how serious the injury is. We'll just have to wait and see. I would also like to see McFarland. He was inactive Monday night. That could change if JC can't play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James "made of glass" Conner   James "made of glass" Conner Empty

Back to top Go down

James "made of glass" Conner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: