Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMcFarland earns more playing time Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

McFarland earns more playing time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

McFarland earns more playing time Empty
PostSubject: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 7:52 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 9:34 pm

No issues with that. Let's see what the kid can do.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 11:16 pm

I agree with this. He looked good from what we saw this past weekend.

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 1:00 am

im always happy to see a fresh face get a chance when there is a useless vet in front of them on the roster....cough...samuels...cough... McFarland earns more playing time 190127080
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 3:39 am

Indeed, Samuels has been terrible so far. Looks like he's regressed a lot and he already wasn't the best RB on the roster.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 4:06 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
Indeed, Samuels has been terrible so far. Looks like he's regressed a lot and he already wasn't the best RB on the roster.

well to be fair , samuels wasn't a great running back out of college. the problem is, which is often the case with the steelers, is they dont use him the way they should. you didnt see cowher trying to run sweeps with jerome bettis. a coaches job is to identify a players strengths , AND weaknesses and put them in positions to succeed. unfortunately neither tomlin or fichtner doesn't seem to do that very well.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 5:13 am

on those off tackle plays when he gets the edge boom he's 10 yards down field.

told the wife that l was going to the bar for a couple of beers, she said ok be back in a couple hours, l said ok see you later. l called her an hour later, babe someone at the bar coughed and because of Covid-19 we are quarantined for the next 14 days.

Last edited by effyou515 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 4:06 am

A little lightning to go with Conner/Snell's thunder can't hurt. McFarland has the speed to take it to the house if he gets into the open field. I'll take it.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 5:13 am

I'm pretty sure Snell's last fumble which made it 2 in 2 games put him in Tomlin's dog house. I think that's why we saw Samuels in there last week. I'd like to see McFarland get more touches. How cool would it be to see him bust loose for a long TD run? Don't get me wrong I like Snell but if he doesn't deal with his fumbling issues McFarland could work his way into the #2 slot.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 8:32 am

@solardave wrote:
How cool would it be to see him bust loose for a long TD run?

I feel like that's something that's been sorely lacking from our offense since Willie Parker was let go. We've had bruising backs, and backs that are dynamic, but we haven't had a home-run hitter in quite some time. I feel like they tried to capture that a bit with undersized guys like Dri Archer and Chris Rainey but those undersize guys rarely pan out in the big leagues. McFarland isn't a big back but I did see a pretty mean stiff arm from him, in addition to him finishing a run against a safety in the Texans game. That definitely wasn't something we were ever gonna see from Rainey or Archer. I think McFarland's got that right combination of size/speed that you like to see.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 5:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M7L3bjJDT0

give McFarland the ball on those outside runs in the 4th quarter when opposing defenses are worn down, the RB when Steelers go 4 wide on offense, plus a change of pace RB role. please not on 3rd and short plays. l liked this draft pick from the start glad he did the work to get on the field.

told the wife that l was going to the bar for a couple of beers, she said ok be back in a couple hours, l said ok see you later. l called her an hour later, babe someone at the bar coughed and because of Covid-19 we are quarantined for the next 14 days.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 am

@effyou515 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M7L3bjJDT0

give McFarland the ball on those outside runs in the 4th quarter when opposing defenses are worn down, the RB when Steelers go 4 wide on offense, plus a change of pace RB role. please not on 3rd and short plays. l liked this draft pick from the start glad he did the work to get on the field.

If they'd of given him the ball on like a delayed handoff out of the shotgun or something I'd of been more on board with giving a smaller back the ball in that situation. The Texans D would've had to guess if it was going to be a passing play or a running play. Instead they came out and lined up making it fairly obvious they were going to run the ball and the Texans defense knew exactly what was coming at them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McFarland earns more playing time   McFarland earns more playing time Empty

Back to top Go down

McFarland earns more playing time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: