Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long   Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 2:46 am

By Alex Kozora

Back in May, I wrote a disappointing headline to an article: Steelers Among Most Likely Offenses To Run On 2nd And Long.”

In it, I wrote that with Ben Roethlisberger under center, the Steelers would no longer be so counterproductive in those situations.

Through the first three games, that hasn’t happened.

Ben Baldwin of The Athletic compiled the data for teams who most frequently run on 2nd and long. The Steelers rank 6th in run rate.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/10/steelers-among-most-run-happy-teams-on-2nd-and-long/

------------------------------------------------

I've jokingly told some of my buddies that I think Fichtner's offense is built around 3rd and long, because that's where a lot of the 2nd down play calling puts them.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long   Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 12:39 am

need more bubble screens Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long 190127080
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long   Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 8:17 am

I do wish sometimes they'd get away from the run, run, pass formula. The offense has been decent and sometimes good a times this season, but IMO they have yet to be great. Sometimes they can be a bit predictable, I'd like to see them mix things up more often. Less obvious runs on 1st and 2nd Down, play action in situations where defenses are stacking the box and expecting the run.

Minor gripes because overall this is so, so much better than the offensive struggle bus we rode on last season with Rudolph and Hodges at the helm.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long   Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 12:49 pm

l'm glad the Steelers finely ran the sweeps they been motioning all season when they ran those off tackle run plays the other way to great success. that's going make opposing defenses stay discipline and not over pursue on those off tackle run plays. opposing defenses worried about being out flanked on the edges opens up the inside running game. imho all this really simplifies the running game.

told the wife that l was going to the bar for a couple of beers, she said ok be back in a couple hours, l said ok see you later. l called her an hour later, babe someone at the bar coughed and because of Covid-19 we are quarantined for the next 14 days.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long   Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 8:58 am

Running game touched on in Bob Labriola's weekly.

Also of interest is what the late Bill Nunn thought of the trash can drill.

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on-sarrett-boss-orders-cans
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long   Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 9:57 am

@jak341 wrote:
Running game touched on in Bob Labriola's weekly.

Also of interest is what the late Bill Nunn thought of the trash can drill.

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on-sarrett-boss-orders-cans

Good article. I like Labriola and what he had to say about Sarrett is spot on. He has really done a great job this year getting the line ready considering the injuries. As far as the trash can I could see fans cheering for our QBs as they drop one in if we were allowed to watch that is.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long   Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 5:31 pm

Quote :
"When you practice throwing the ball into a garbage can, the only thing you get good at is throwing the ball into a garbage can."

i gotta agree with this...last i checked receivers are usually MOVING targets and garbage cans are not.
plus their is no one defending a garbage can.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long   Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Among Most Run Happy Teams On 2nd And Long
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: