Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeeagles vs steelers - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

eagles vs steelers

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

eagles vs steelers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:10 pm

If it is any consolation, the Chiefs shit the bed hard today.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Wow claypool. That was payback for that bullshit PI call

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:11 pm

4th and 20? The Eagles have us right where they want us.

Edit: LOL!

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:14 pm

TJ messed that pass play up

told the wife that l was going to the bar for a couple of beers, she said ok be back in a couple hours, l said ok see you later. l called her an hour later, babe someone at the bar coughed and because of Covid-19 we are quarantined for the next 14 days.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:18 pm

Steelers prevent defense almost cost them the game

told the wife that l was going to the bar for a couple of beers, she said ok be back in a couple hours, l said ok see you later. l called her an hour later, babe someone at the bar coughed and because of Covid-19 we are quarantined for the next 14 days.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:19 pm

I find it hard to believe that we haven't been 4-0 since 1979.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:24 pm

Hey don't look now. Chiefs are within 8.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:25 pm

@jak341 wrote:

this is the fastest start for a Steelers team since they got good again in the 90s they always started out slow l'm liking this fast start.

Steelers got a little battle tested today.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:26 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Despite that bad PI call, Haden is looking like a liability in coverage. Eagles are blatantly targeting him. That touchdown was far too easy, Haden hesitated and left that dude wide open. He left a dude open for the 2pt conversion as well.

At least Haden is around the ball. Where in the hell are our safeties and why can't Fitz wrap anyone up. He's also out of place constantly this year.I'm beginning to wonder if he's playing hurt.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:29 pm

liking this offense since QB Coach Canada came on board.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:32 pm

That Claypool kid looks like he could be a star in the making. Darius Slay struggled with him, and Slay is no slouch.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

effyou515 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:33 pm

lol Claypool is like 7-11 always open.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 4:37 pm

Worst officiating so far this year. I'm loving me some Ray Ray and Claypool is as advertised. Patch work Oline now and we've already had our bye. There's a lot to question here. Why are we running draws on 3rd/22? Why do we let the same WR get open in the middle? Why is VW out in coverage? Why can't we cover when we're rushing 3?

On the positive side we hung around and sealed the deal. Kudos to Dupree,Tuitt,and Cam for coming through when we needed it. I was thinking Dupree was awfully quiet today are there he is.Nelson had a great game with 2 ints.Defense had 5 sacks.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Well the D finally showed up when it was needed. Not sure why this team can't seal victories and always seem to have to take things to the wire.

The refs made some abslutely terrible calls that gave the Eagles a lot of momentum.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 7:24 pm

@solardave wrote:
Worst officiating so far this year. I'm loving me some Ray Ray and Claypool is as advertised. Patch work Oline now and we've already had our bye. There's a lot to question here. Why are we running draws on 3rd/22? Why do we let the same WR get open in the middle? Why is VW out in coverage? Why can't we cover when we're rushing 3?

On the positive side we hung around and sealed the deal. Kudos to Dupree,Tuitt,and Cam for coming through when we needed it. I was thinking Dupree was awfully quiet today are there he is.Nelson had a great game with 2 ints.Defense had 5 sacks.  

Oh yeah, so glad they kept Ray Ray and drafted Claypool. Incredible game for Claypool, I'm so happy they got him. I watched him at Notre Dame and kept hoping he'd end up a Steeler.

4-0 start is fantastic. I don't feel like they're clicking on all cylinders yet but I'll take 4-0 and let them improve each week.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 10:49 am

Mike Prisuta's 3 takes.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 10:51 am

I'll add two more items of my own
  • Someone has to emerge as another recieving threat.
  • Conner needs more consistency.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 1:57 pm

@jak341 wrote:

I would agree on both. The receiving thing I thought that when someone emerged next to JuJu we'd be great. It's looking like Claypool is doing that but doesn't seem like JuJu is really there yet nor is Dinonta.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 2:46 am

@jak341 wrote:

I think we're going to see the other receivers start to flourish as they get more playing/practice time with Ben. Ben is still working on coming back from a year off and rehabbing after a major surgery to his throwing elbow. Couple that with the fact that Juju is the only receiver he has really played much with in the past. He's still getting used to guys like Claypool, Johnson, and even Washington.  

As for Conner, I think Derek Watt being out definitely hurt the running game, and let's be honest. The Eagles have an elite defensive line. Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham, Javon Hargrave... their defensive front 7 is a scary group. I didn't expect much in the way of a running game against the Eagles. I thought that Coach Fichtner and Coach Canada had the perfect offensive gameplan. The passing game was short and quick and was essentially and extension of the running game in a lot of ways. Ben got the ball out quick and let his receivers (mainly Claypool) do all of the work. It worked as the Eagles d-line was mostly negated, they were never allowed to become a disruption. Ben's ability to extend plays also helped in that regard, but anywho, we'll see a better running game as the season progresses and Derek Watt comes back.

@effyou515 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

this is the fastest start for a Steelers team since they got good again in the 90s they always started out slow l'm liking this fast start.

Steelers got a little battle tested today.

I think the Steelers were battle tested today and against the Texans. A lot of people are naysaying the Steelers for having a "weak schedule", I'd still say our last two wins are impressive because both the Texans and the Eagles are desperate teams, that've been backed into a corner, and both were looking for wins. Those are often your most difficult opponents. We've done what we needed to do and gotten into the win column every time.

The Browns game is going to be a real test though. Those guys don't like us, and they're winning games right now. Our secondary play has been one thing that's really worried me so far this season, we can't be leaving guys like OBJ and Landry open like we've been doing with other teams receivers. Those guys are too good, the defense needs to tighten up the coverage. Our pass rushers will also need to be on their "A" game.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 5:23 am

You can see the difference in offensive play calls so far. Matt Canada will save Fitchner's job for him. As far as a WR that sets himself apart I think Claypool is doing that and will start to draw the double team and it's just a question of who wants the rest. I think JuJu or DJ will step up and Washington will become more of our possession WR.
I agree with you Iowa about our secondary. Most of us agree that Edmunds is not great and at times not even close to solid and now Fitz is AWOL so far and that spells trouble against a Brown's team that would love to knock us off of our 4-0 perch.
Watching the D so far it looks like Butler is putting all of his eggs in the pass rush basket. Playing soft zone doesn't cut it. Haden even though he is getting a little long in the tooth IMO is holding his own. He's still better than any current DB we'd replace him with on that side. Nelson is solid but he can't do it all on his side. What happened to playing man when we need to. I know there care QBs out there who can pick man coverage apart but don't flourish against zone and vice/versa. Butler needs to figure out which is which and game plan accordingly. To me the zone coverage we're playing so far looks a hell of a lot like prevent defense. We shouldn't be relying on our front 4 to cover for deficiencies in our secondary. I still think something is wrong with Fitz and maybe it has to do with the scheme. Last week we let a retread WR (Fulgham) feast on us all day and that's not acceptable especially with OBJ and Landry coming to town plus we know Mayfield is mobile. I'd like to see him running for his life because no one is open. I never thought at this point in the season I'd say I'm more concerned with our D but I am.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 8:13 am

@solardave wrote:
You can see the difference in offensive play calls so far. Matt Canada will save Fitchner's job for him. As far as a WR that sets himself apart I think Claypool is doing that and will start to draw the double team and it's just a question of who wants the rest. I think JuJu or DJ will step up and Washington will become more of our possession WR.
I agree with you Iowa about our secondary. Most of us agree that Edmunds is not great and at times not even close to solid and now Fitz is AWOL so far and that spells trouble against a Brown's team that would love to knock us off of our 4-0 perch.
Watching the D so far it looks like Butler is putting all of his eggs in the pass rush basket. Playing soft zone doesn't cut it. Haden even though he is getting a little long in the tooth IMO is holding his own. He's still better than any current DB we'd replace him with on that side. Nelson is solid but he can't do it all on his side. What happened to playing man when we need to. I know there care QBs out there who can pick man coverage apart but don't flourish against zone and vice/versa. Butler needs to figure out which is which and game plan accordingly. To me the zone coverage we're playing so far looks a hell of a lot like prevent defense. We shouldn't be relying on our front 4 to cover for deficiencies in our secondary. I still think something is wrong with Fitz and maybe it has to do with the scheme. Last week we let a retread WR (Fulgham) feast on us all day and that's not acceptable especially with OBJ and Landry coming to town plus we know Mayfield is mobile. I'd like to see him running for his life because no one is open. I never thought at this point in the season I'd say I'm more concerned with our D but I am.

Man I agree with the assessment about playing man, we brought in Joe Haden and Steven Nelson because of their ability to play man coverage. It was something our defense had sorely lacked for years. Yet they still go out an play 5-10yds off of receivers... it's maddening. They let that Fulgham (sp?) who I've never even heard of, consistently beat us yesterday. That dude was just running around popping a squat in the open areas of our zone scheme and playing pitch-and-catch with Wentz. The Eagles were without Alshon Jeffrey and we still made their receiver look like a world beater, and we made their quarterback who has been struggling this season look like Dan Marino.

We need to have a better mix of man and zone, and it pisses me off when Butler just refuses to make in-game adjustments. He's one of those guys that seems to believe that something is going to work, and when it doesn't he just keeps trying hoping that it eventually will work.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 1:40 pm

www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/2020/10/doug-pederson-credits-ben-roethlisberger-on-audible-to-seal-steelers-win-over-eagles.html

Doug Pederson credits Ben Roethlisberger on audible to seal Steelers win over Eagles

The Steelers lined up with Ben Roethlisberger in the shotgun with an empty backfield. Claypool was lined up in the slot, where he was matched up with Gerry. Roethlisberger saw it, changed the play — Claypool said the Steelers basically told the Eagles what was coming — and delivered the touchdown pass.

After the game, safety Rodney McLeod, who was late coming over the top to help Gerry, said the Eagles were in zone coverage after being in man coverage on first and second down.

In the replay, it looks like cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman appears to alert Gerry to something, but it’s to no avail.

“It’s as much a really good call by the Steelers and really, between Ben and Claypool,

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315673333342466048

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eagles vs steelers   eagles vs steelers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

eagles vs steelers
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: