Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
Homedexter Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 dexter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: dexter   dexter EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 7:44 pm

he's making a comeback...showtime is throwing the fans a bone and doing another season to give dexter a new ending. any thoughts on what direction they will go ? will dex reunite with his son ? or is he back to delivering justice in oregon ?

dexter Dexter
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108


Posts : 18186
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 10:41 am

I have no clue where they're going with it, but if I had to guess, I'd say it picks up where he's at now. Or not. Let's just hope the new beginning isn't as horrendous as the original ending.

_________________
dexter Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyFri May 21, 2021 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108


Posts : 18186
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyThu May 27, 2021 1:58 am

If it's just a limited series, it seems like nothing more than an effort to get a redo on the ending. That concerns me.

So much time has passed and the final season was so rough, it seems unlikely that we can just jump back into it like it's prime Dexter and it didn't miss a beat. I feel like it would take at least a season to get back into a groove and get to know and appreciate new characters. Ten or so episodes doesn't feel like enough to do everything that needs to be done.

_________________
dexter Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyFri May 28, 2021 9:41 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
If it's just a limited series, it seems like nothing more than an effort to get a redo on the ending. That concerns me.

So much time has passed and the final season was so rough, it seems unlikely that we can just jump back into it like it's prime Dexter and it didn't miss a beat. I feel like it would take at least a season to get back into a groove and get to know and appreciate new characters. Ten or so episodes doesn't feel like enough to do everything that needs to be done.
yeah, my guess is its probably only going to be 6-8 episodes. probably the 1st episode will flash back to how he survived the hurricane in that small boat. then maybe some flash back on what he has been up to in oregon. maybe someone in oregon finds out who he is ?
i dont see any direction they could go in besides trying to  reunite with his son or give him a dramatic death. if i remember right they went to south america ? dexter 2829330259
i guess i need to rewatch that last episode. its been so long , the only thing i really remember was his sister died and he stole her body and sailed into the storm.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108


Posts : 18186
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptySat May 29, 2021 12:17 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
If it's just a limited series, it seems like nothing more than an effort to get a redo on the ending. That concerns me.

So much time has passed and the final season was so rough, it seems unlikely that we can just jump back into it like it's prime Dexter and it didn't miss a beat. I feel like it would take at least a season to get back into a groove and get to know and appreciate new characters. Ten or so episodes doesn't feel like enough to do everything that needs to be done.
yeah, my guess is its probably only going to be 6-8 episodes. probably the 1st episode will flash back to how he survived the hurricane in that small boat. then maybe some flash back on what he has been up to in oregon. maybe someone in oregon finds out who he is ?
i dont see any direction they could go in besides trying to  reunite with his son or give him a dramatic death. if i remember right they went to south america ? dexter 2829330259
i guess i need to rewatch that last episode. its been so long , the only thing i really remember was his sister died and he stole her body and sailed into the storm.

We've seen a lot of reboots over the years, and it's hard to recapture the same magic. Enough time has passed that most people have moved on from the horrible ending. My fear is that their focus is just on trying to get the ending right and they end up reopening the wound.

_________________
dexter Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyFri Jul 30, 2021 5:36 am


Dexter: New Blood (2021) Exclusive Sneak Peek Trailer

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108


Posts : 18186
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptySat Jul 31, 2021 5:28 am

It's probably just me, but I got Fargo vibes from that trailer.

_________________
dexter Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 7:41 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
It's probably just me, but I got Fargo vibes from that trailer.
is fargo doing another season ? that first season with billy bob and martin freeman set the bar so high , it has ruined the following seasons for me. although they were still good i cant help but feel let down because they just dont measure up.

im happy for another season of dexter , but im not going to set my expectations too high. star wars has permanently made me pessimistic about reboots.
fun fact. phantam menace was the last time i have been in a movie theater . i would have left halfway thru had my girl friends 4 year old not been with us. i think she thought she was watching the muppets.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 8:01 pm

well the new season of dexter started on nov 7th for anyone interested
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 8:16 pm

and right off the bat dexter goes woke and had to insert the token gay couple.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108


Posts : 18186
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 6:58 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
It's probably just me, but I got Fargo vibes from that trailer.

Apparently it's not just me. In Sunday's episode, we got a Fargo reference. dexter 755331329

_________________
dexter Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 8:40 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
It's probably just me, but I got Fargo vibes from that trailer.

Apparently it's not just me. In Sunday's episode, we got a Fargo reference. dexter 755331329
i didnt notice.. dexter 2829330259
so who's killing the girls ? they want us to think the billionaire or the father of the guy dexter whacked .. dexter 3135543967 too easy.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108


Posts : 18186
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 3:12 am

To clarify, Fargo the movie, not the tv show. When Dexter dropped his son off at school, he was thinking about what to do with that dude's body. He envisioned his sister putting body parts into a wood chipper and said, "A little Fargo, don't ya think?"

Yeah, as far as the killer, I immediately suspected the father, then possibly the billionaire. Either of them seem way too obvious, which probably means its someone else.

A few random thoughts ...

I'm not sure if it's painfully obvious or I'm reading too much into it, but it seems they're leading us to believe that Dexter's son is just like him. Would that mean the main storyline will become them discovering each other's secret and bonding over it?

His son's new friend seems to have a violence fetish. My suspicion ... Dexter's son kills someone and it gets pinned on the friend. Assuming Dexter's son is just like him.

Dexter's girlfriend kind of resembles his sister. Not sure if that's intentional casting or just a coincidence.

Bold prediction ... whoever the killer ends up being, Dexter and his son kill him together.

I'm still lukewarm about this show. I like it, but it lacks things that made the original show great. The setting isn't as enticing as Miami. The new show feels too confined to a few locations. The original show had great supporting characters. Other than Dexter's son, I couldn't care less about any of the new characters. Three episodes in, I can't even tell you any of their names.

_________________
dexter Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 1:42 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
To clarify, Fargo the movie, not the tv show. When Dexter dropped his son off at school, he was thinking about what to do with that dude's body. He envisioned his sister putting body parts into a wood chipper and said, "A little Fargo, don't ya think?"

Yeah, as far as the killer, I immediately suspected the father, then possibly the billionaire. Either of them seem way too obvious, which probably means its someone else.

A few random thoughts ...

I'm not sure if it's painfully obvious or I'm reading too much into it, but it seems they're leading us to believe that Dexter's son is just like him. Would that mean the main storyline will become them discovering each other's secret and bonding over it?

His son's new friend seems to have a violence fetish. My suspicion ... Dexter's son kills someone and it gets pinned on the friend. Assuming Dexter's son is just like him.

Dexter's girlfriend kind of resembles his sister. Not sure if that's intentional casting or just a coincidence.

Bold prediction ... whoever the killer ends up being, Dexter and his son kill him together.

I'm still lukewarm about this show. I like it, but it lacks things that made the original show great. The setting isn't as enticing as Miami. The new show feels too confined to a few locations. The original show had great supporting characters. Other than Dexter's son, I couldn't care less about any of the new characters. Three episodes in, I can't even tell you any of their names.
dexter 1505004552 the wood chipper...damn  how'd i forget that.
i'd say you may be right on all accounts. harry's "code" , gave dexter the feeling he was protecting innocent people by killing bad people. we see harrison sticking up for the nerd . when harrison snatched the kid by the throat he had the same calm emotionless look that dexter always had during violence. are they trying to build harrison up as some kind smart , moral kid to deceive us ?

bold prediction - harrison murdered hanna. dexter ends up killing harrison or vice versa.

we are only getting 8 episodes so dont expect too much character building.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108


Posts : 18186
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 3:01 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
bold prediction - harrison murdered hanna.

That thought ran through my head as well. But that would make him really dark. My bet is they want him to be likeable like Dexter. Maybe something he did led to her death, like with Dexter's sister. Can't rule out that he killed her though. Maybe she's now his guide, like Dexter's father and sister.

_________________
dexter Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 2:57 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
bold prediction - harrison murdered hanna.

That thought ran through my head as well. But that would make him really dark. My bet is they want him to be likeable like Dexter. Maybe something he did led to her death, like with Dexter's sister. Can't rule out that he killed her though. Maybe she's now his guide, like Dexter's father and sister.

could it be that harrison , isnt really harrison ? cody coming for revenge for rita ?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108


Posts : 18186
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 1:26 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
bold prediction - harrison murdered hanna.

That thought ran through my head as well. But that would make him really dark. My bet is they want him to be likeable like Dexter. Maybe something he did led to her death, like with Dexter's sister. Can't rule out that he killed her though. Maybe she's now his guide, like Dexter's father and sister.

could it be that harrison , isnt really harrison ? cody coming for revenge for rita ?

That would be quite the twist. I can't remember how old cody was when harrison was born, but isn't he considerably older? I think he'd be in his mid- to late 20s now. And it wasn't something I paid much attention to, but didn't the school get harrison's records from his previous school? Then again, harrison seems super smart, so faking school records is probably in his wheelhouse. But I'm going to say it's really harrison. Which likely means that he's not harrison. dexter 1664291743

_________________
dexter Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 4:26 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
bold prediction - harrison murdered hanna.

That thought ran through my head as well. But that would make him really dark. My bet is they want him to be likeable like Dexter. Maybe something he did led to her death, like with Dexter's sister. Can't rule out that he killed her though. Maybe she's now his guide, like Dexter's father and sister.

could it be that harrison , isnt really harrison ? cody coming for revenge for rita ?

That would be quite the twist. I can't remember how old cody was when harrison was born, but isn't he considerably older? I think he'd be in his mid- to late 20s now. And it wasn't something I paid much attention to, but didn't the school get harrison's records from his previous school? Then again, harrison seems super smart, so faking school records is probably in his wheelhouse. But I'm going to say it's really harrison. Which likely means that he's not harrison. dexter 1664291743

i believe cody and astor were 8 and 10 years old when harrison was born. sure its a stretch but hey its hollywood. they throw shit at us all the time and expect us to just roll wit it ... dexter 2087824411 i've met people in their 20's that could pass for teen agers.  i got a friend that is 4'9" tall. when i first met her in a bar she was 22. i thought she was like 12. i said to the bartender, whats that kid doing in here ... dexter 1797695198
what was harrison when the show ended ? 3 ?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 1:31 pm

so i rewatched all 3 episodes and made a few new observations i missed the first time around.

1. when deb lifts her shirt up and digs the bullet out it still has the casing attached.  Shocked

2. when dexter delivers the gun to matt caldwell, the camera made sure to get a shot of the huge scar on caldwells leg. could caldwell have had a titanium rod or metal plate and screws  implanted that wont burn up in a fire ?

3 when kurt caldwell was on the phone with the sheriff, his eyes lit up when she said they would be searching the mines , and he asked about searching the camp cabins. later he claims to have spoken to his son.
obviously this is to end the search. guess he doesnt want them looking around in one or both of those area's. is that where the runaway bodies are ?

someone is embalming those bodies to preserve them for some twisted shit. i think there is more than 1 person involved. the coke kid said to dexter that caldwell had to sell 2 trucks to pay of the cops about the boating accident. so could he afford to pay the cokehead 2k a week ? is he working with or for the billionaire ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter Empty

Back to top Go down
 
dexter
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Entertainment :: Television-
Jump to: