Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homedexter Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

dexter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

dexter Empty
PostSubject: dexter   dexter EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 7:44 pm

he's making a comeback...showtime is throwing the fans a bone and doing another season to give dexter a new ending. any thoughts on what direction they will go ? will dex reunite with his son ? or is he back to delivering justice in oregon ?

dexter Dexter
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 10:41 am

I have no clue where they're going with it, but if I had to guess, I'd say it picks up where he's at now. Or not. Let's just hope the new beginning isn't as horrendous as the original ending.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyFri May 21, 2021 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyThu May 27, 2021 1:58 am

If it's just a limited series, it seems like nothing more than an effort to get a redo on the ending. That concerns me.

So much time has passed and the final season was so rough, it seems unlikely that we can just jump back into it like it's prime Dexter and it didn't miss a beat. I feel like it would take at least a season to get back into a groove and get to know and appreciate new characters. Ten or so episodes doesn't feel like enough to do everything that needs to be done.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyFri May 28, 2021 9:41 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
If it's just a limited series, it seems like nothing more than an effort to get a redo on the ending. That concerns me.

So much time has passed and the final season was so rough, it seems unlikely that we can just jump back into it like it's prime Dexter and it didn't miss a beat. I feel like it would take at least a season to get back into a groove and get to know and appreciate new characters. Ten or so episodes doesn't feel like enough to do everything that needs to be done.
yeah, my guess is its probably only going to be 6-8 episodes. probably the 1st episode will flash back to how he survived the hurricane in that small boat. then maybe some flash back on what he has been up to in oregon. maybe someone in oregon finds out who he is ?
i dont see any direction they could go in besides trying to  reunite with his son or give him a dramatic death. if i remember right they went to south america ? dexter 2829330259
i guess i need to rewatch that last episode. its been so long , the only thing i really remember was his sister died and he stole her body and sailed into the storm.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptySat May 29, 2021 12:17 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

yeah, my guess is its probably only going to be 6-8 episodes. probably the 1st episode will flash back to how he survived the hurricane in that small boat. then maybe some flash back on what he has been up to in oregon. maybe someone in oregon finds out who he is ?
i dont see any direction they could go in besides trying to  reunite with his son or give him a dramatic death. if i remember right they went to south america ? dexter 2829330259
i guess i need to rewatch that last episode. its been so long , the only thing i really remember was his sister died and he stole her body and sailed into the storm.

We've seen a lot of reboots over the years, and it's hard to recapture the same magic. Enough time has passed that most people have moved on from the horrible ending. My fear is that their focus is just on trying to get the ending right and they end up reopening the wound.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyFri Jul 30, 2021 5:36 am

Dexter: New Blood (2021) Exclusive Sneak Peek Trailer

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter EmptyYesterday at 5:28 am

It's probably just me, but I got Fargo vibes from that trailer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dexter Empty
PostSubject: Re: dexter   dexter Empty

Back to top Go down

dexter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Entertainment :: Television-
Jump to: