Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homewhen do they score Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

when do they score

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: when do they score   when do they score EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 7:10 pm

im bored... when do they score 1797695198 .... based on these stats i deduce if the steelers are scoreless in the second quarter they will lose.so if they ever fail to score in the 2nd...just shut the TV off. when do they score 1401235891 it seems they are slow starters coming on to the field judging by the 1st and 3rd quarters.  i guess the pregame and half time pep talks are not working.

................1st quarter....2nd quarter.....3rd quarter....4th quarter
giants............3..................13................0....................10
denver...........7..................10................0....................9
teaxans.........3..................14................3....................8
eagles...........7..................10................14..................7
browns..........10................14................7....................7
tenn..............7..................17................3....................0
total points

Wallace108 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 12:36 am

Maybe playing with lead at halftime all games but the Texans leads to conservative 3rd quarter approach. 183 points thru 6 games for a 30 point per game average. I remember when AB and Bell were here they wanted to do that.

solardave

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 5:45 am

All I can say is the second half was just short of a total meltdown.We scored 3 pts while giving up 17. It's no wonder they almost beat us. When we play well in the first half common sense says we'll dominate in the second half but this hasn't been true so far.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 am

@solardave wrote:
All I can say is the second half was just short of a total meltdown.We scored 3 pts while giving up 17. It's no wonder they almost beat us. When we play well in the first half common sense says we'll dominate in the second half but this hasn't been true so far.

They need to clean that up. The first half gameplan was exactly what it needed to be. Nothing fancy, just taking what the Titans' defense gave us. In the second half Ben started to really try to force throws and take shots when he didn't need to. Should've stuck to their guns, kept mixing up the plays, and kept taking what they were giving us. Instead we actually helped them get back into the game when it honestly should've been a blowout. Can't play like that and expect to beat Baltimore.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:01 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

They need to clean that up. The first half gameplan was exactly what it needed to be. Nothing fancy, just taking what the Titans' defense gave us. In the second half Ben started to really try to force throws and take shots when he didn't need to. Should've stuck to their guns, kept mixing up the plays, and kept taking what they were giving us. Instead we actually helped them get back into the game when it honestly should've been a blowout. Can't play like that and expect to beat Baltimore.

An outsider reading our posts week in and week out might say we can't have it both ways. We complain that they're either not doing enough or trying to do too much. I say how about stick with what is working and adjust the plan that isn't. We were running the ball and Ben was spreading the short passes around. I believe had we stuck with that game plan we would have kicked that field goal,killed a little more clock and Ben would have 1 less int plus we wouldn't be all puckered up with 14 seconds left.

Master_Of_Puppets and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 3:48 pm

Stacking wins in the NFL isnt easy and this team is figuring out how to do it weekly. Lets have the AFC Championship roll through the Burgh I say...

Master_Of_Puppets and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 5:07 pm

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

An outsider reading our posts week in and week out might say we can't have it both ways. We complain that they're either not doing enough or trying to do too much. I say how about stick with what is working and adjust the plan that isn't. We were running the ball and Ben was spreading the short passes around. I believe had we stuck with that game plan we would have kicked that field goal,killed a little more clock and Ben would have 1 less int plus we wouldn't be all puckered up with 14 seconds left.
one ? im thinking 2 more field goals. a 53 yarder is not outside of boswells wheel house. this wasnt the open end of heinz field. on both plays had he protected the ball and just looked for positive yardage instead of a quick TD, i think this would have been a completely different outcome.
tomlin said they were thinking FG until the penalty...why did it change ? they had the timeouts and time for 2 plays. why not just try to get those penalty yards back ?
as i said before the odds of Bos making a 53 yarder , i would think were better than a hail mary. i would have rather seen a bubble screen that only went for a yard than that shit show.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 11:53 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
im bored... when do they score 1797695198

If only there was a thread for that. when do they score 2981382511

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 4:15 am

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

one ? im thinking 2 more field goals. a 53 yarder is not outside of boswells wheel house. this wasnt the open end of heinz field. on both plays had he protected the ball and just looked for positive yardage instead of a quick TD, i think this would have been a completely different outcome.
tomlin said they were thinking FG until the penalty...why did it change ? they had the timeouts and time for 2 plays. why not just try to get those penalty yards back ?
as i said before the odds of Bos making a 53 yarder , i would think were better than a hail mary. i would have rather seen a bubble screen that only went for a yard than that shit show.

It was 55 yards which is out of Boswell's range and they didn't have any time-outs left. As Iowa stated somewhere else Ben should have worked the sidelines with 14 seconds left. If we couldn't get shorter the first 2 plays then he could have tried the hail mary.

effyou515 and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:46 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

It was 55 yards which is out of Boswell's range and they didn't have any time-outs left. As Iowa stated somewhere else Ben should have worked the sidelines with 14 seconds left. If we couldn't get shorter the first 2 plays then he could have tried the hail mary.

Agreed. Or if Ben is going to throw it up for grabs, how about not throwing it up to the smallest receiver on the team when you have a 6'5" stud on the other side of the lineup?

The only difference I would have made in the 2nd half is to run the ball a few more times. It seemed Ben came out pass happy. Just know, if you run the ball just 2 more times in the 2nd half, there's 1:30 less time on the clock on that last Titans drive.

I'm not going to be too critical because it's a win, on the road, leveraging backups on defense who were recently on the practice squad, against a very good team. The Titans did play very good football in that second half and it's the next 4 quarters that really matters. The Steelers won't be overly confident going into the Ratbirds nest.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 1:50 pm

I agree with Kirkland. While improvements can always be made, and the 2nd half could have been played differently, gotta give props to Tomlin and the coaching staff, and the amazing job they have done. On the road vs one of the best teams in football, and the Steelers manhandled them the entire first half. 6-0 is awesome, what a terrific job. This team is doing a lot of things right, and (despite the 2nd half), getting better every week.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 5:22 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

boswell is 8 out of 11 from 50 yards in his career...his long is 53...did that 53 yarder clear the goal post by like 6 inches or something ? when do they score 2087824411 ...i dont know where people get this idea of what his limits are. i see some of his kickoffs go out of the endzone just like other kickers do that kick 55 yarders. when do they score 2829330259  just because tomlin avoids trying those longer ones doesnt mean Bos is guaranteed to miss them. i still say the odds of Bos making it had to be higher than the odds of completing that pass for a td.
go to the 1:07 mark and hear the announcer say he made the 53 yarder BY PLENTY

when do they score Hailmary

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 5:51 pm

if the plan was it was a hail mary then it was poorly executed. first of all they kept a RB in to block 2 pass rushers, 6 bloackers for 2 pass rusher.. when do they score 2913999526 instead of sending 5 receivers down

when do they score HM2

my next bitch is why would you throw it to the shortest receiver on the field,johnson, instead of 6-4 claypool with a 40.5 vertical or eric ebron....plus why are they spread out so far leaving everyone 2 on one ? to me that leaves less chance of getting a tipped ball... when do they score 2087824411

when do they score Hm3

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 6:27 pm

I think BB often picks a player he is going to no matter what and did that in this instance... when he threw that ball I said the same thing... "Why the fuck did he throw it to DJ? Claypool is on the other side 1v1!!!"

I agree with the original get 10 or 15 and kick for 3...

Sometimes they makes us all scratch our heads...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 7:02 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I think BB often picks a player he is going to no matter what and did that in this instance... when he threw that ball I said the same thing... "Why the fuck did he throw it to DJ? Claypool is on the other side 1v1!!!"

well to be fair im sure that safety  in the middle was covering over top on   that side till the ball was thrown . you can see he is coming from that side of the field. plus there is a guy behind claypool that just stopped chasing him when ben he threw the ball. but it appears he did have a step or two on the guy and it would have still been a better option. as you said, it was like Ben only had eyes for DJ much of the game and that play.

when do they score Mh410
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 8:33 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

well to be fair im sure that safety  in the middle was covering over top on   that side till the ball was thrown . you can see he is coming from that side of the field. plus there is a guy behind claypool that just stopped chasing him when ben he threw the ball. but it appears he did have a step or two on the guy and it would have still been a better option. as you said, it was like Ben only had eyes for DJ much of the game and that play.

when do they score Mh410

I assumed this was a case of Ben trying to out-think the situation. He clearly looks at Claypool first, I think, in an attempt to draw the safety coverage to the other side of the field. He then throws to the little guy. Look, maybe Ben spoiled a good drive because he was gambling with house money.

The pick when trying to throw to JuJu, who was in triple coverage is really poor. I get that he saw JuJu vs a linebacker and that should always be a win (kudos to the LB for being right in JuJu's hip pocket, what the hell). If he gets a little more air under the ball, I think JuJu scores and we aren't complaining. But two solid drives ending in INTs in the endzone is a reflection on the QB.

They should have run the ball a little more, the QB made poor decisions deep into drives, and that QB executed poorly when he made those decisions. But the Steelers won, they get to learn from their lessons and, hell, Ben has played very well this years ... so watch out Ratbirds cause these boys are gonna tune your asses up!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 8:43 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

boswell is 8 out of 11 from 50 yards in his career...his long is 53...did that 53 yarder clear the goal post by like 6 inches or something ? when do they score 2087824411 ...i dont know where people get this idea of what his limits are. i see some of his kickoffs go out of the endzone just like other kickers do that kick 55 yarders. when do they score 2829330259  just because tomlin avoids trying those longer ones doesnt mean Bos is guaranteed to miss them. i still say the odds of Bos making it had to be higher than the odds of completing that pass for a td.
go to the 1:07 mark and hear the announcer say he made the 53 yarder BY PLENTY

when do they score Hailmary

I absolutely agree with you on this. I think in situations where they have a few seconds before halftime, Tomlin should let Boz kick a deep one just to see what he can do. But that's purely to satisfy my own curiosity of what that guy can do.

I do have to give credit to Tomlin for ensuring Boz is always in the best position to succeed. Last thing we need is the guy getting frustrated missing a long kick when it's meaningless and then facing a longer kick to win the game. And, we don't know how Boz performs in game-like situations (during practice) on long kicks. Maybe he's inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 6:14 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:

I absolutely agree with you on this. I think in situations where they have a few seconds before halftime, Tomlin should let Boz kick a deep one just to see what he can do. But that's purely to satisfy my own curiosity of what that guy can do.

I do have to give credit to Tomlin for ensuring Boz is always in the best position to succeed. Last thing we need is the guy getting frustrated missing a long kick when it's meaningless and then facing a longer kick to win the game. And, we don't know how Boz performs in game-like situations (during practice) on long kicks. Maybe he's inconsistent.

one last thing on this subject then im done pointing out the failures in a win... when do they score 1797695198

if you notice the video they are wearing winter gear. if you have ever spent any time kicking a football , i have because i was our high school team kicker my freshmen and JV year, then you will know a ball travels further in warm weather than cold weather. so he booted a 53 yarder which probably would have been good from 57 or 58 yards in cold weather. well im sure it was much warmer in tennesse for a 54 or 55 yard attempt. i always thought the standard for a FG was 7 yards from the line so 37 + 7 = 54. perhaps they go 8 for long attempts , i never really noticed. but anywho evidence (kickoffs and the 53 yard video) says he does have the leg for a 55 yarder. perhaps you are right that he is inconsistent in practice. do they practice hail marys ? i bet they dont get consistent TD's off them either ... when do they score 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 12:39 am

woulda shoulda looked the safety off on Johnson side of the field and thrown a high one to Claypool or a back shoulder pass about 10 yards down field a long the side line. about a 7 second play if completed field goal range if not take the next pass to the endzone.

effyou515

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 12:40 am

@effyou515 wrote:
woulda shoulda looked the safety off on Johnson side of the field and thrown a high one to Claypool or a back shoulder pass about 10 yards down field a long the side line. about a 7 second play if completed field goal range if not take the next pass to the endzone or the long field goal.

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 6:17 pm

this was the right choice by Ben. the ball is in JuJu's hands. if the pass is slightly higher and maybe a little to the right it is 6. the LB gets lucky and knocks it out

when do they score Int110
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 8:02 am

this was the right choice by Ben. the ball is in JuJu's hands. if the pass is slightly higher and maybe a little to the right it is 6. the LB gets lucky and knocks it out

when do they score Int110

I concur, I've re-watched that particular play. He made a pretty damn decent, and pretty difficult throw and JuJu just couldn't come down with it.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

when do they score Empty
PostSubject: Re: when do they score   when do they score Empty

Back to top Go down

when do they score
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: