Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homesteelers vs ravens Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

steelers vs ravens

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 6:56 pm

stopping Lamar Jackson... you think confusing and harassing going to work Sunday like it did last year?

solardave

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 4:27 am

We have to stop the run. That means Ingram,Edwards,and Jackson forcing him to beat us with his arm. The last couple games he has had issues with his accuracy. Maybe with a lot of pressure we help him to continue this. Our D will have to be disciplined and stay in their gaps.
On offense we need to run away from Queen.Either that or delay enough to let him get past the point of attack. I like the way the line has been pulling lately. I honestly like our chances in this game.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 12:44 pm

@solardave wrote:
We have to stop the run. That means Ingram,Edwards,and Jackson forcing him to beat us with his arm. The last couple games he has had issues with his accuracy. Maybe with a lot of pressure we help him to continue this. Our D will have to be disciplined and stay in their gaps.
On offense we need to run away from Queen.Either that or delay enough to let him get past the point of attack.  I like the way the line has been pulling lately. I honestly like our chances in this game.

a lot of what l was thinking stop the run if it's RB or QB, keep Jackson in the pocket and make it seem like the walls are closing in pressure like they did to Mayfield.

with Feiler at LG the steelers can pull right or left this year, my favorite run plays this year is when they motion McCloud or Claypool across the formation then pull the TE and OG to the other way on run plays.

haven't watched any Ravens game l betting their defense will be as good as always.

stlrtruck

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 3:14 pm

Stopping the run isn't as big as an issue as I have thought in the past. Not because it's not important but because I honestly feel as if the Steelers D has the ability to contain any RB. However, the biggest concern for this defense against the ratbirds is to contain L. Jackson and not allowing to escape the pocket. Instead they have to show discipline and lane control, squeezing the pocket around Jackson making escape impossible then bringing him down.

This will also require extended coverage from our secondary as well as shorter coverage cushions. The DBs will have to be tight and flexible on coverage to ensure the pass rush has the time to do their job. At times, we'll need to drop off the pass rush to confuse Jackson. Ultimately, like Ben in his earlier years, Jackson is going to make some splash plays and amaze everyone (i.e. announcers will sing his praises as if he's the 2nd coming), but in the end he'll be shut down.

Offensively, Ben needs to stay away from throwing into double coverage. I believe the ratbirds defense will provide enough underneath opportunities b/c of their constant pressure on Ben. He'll need to take advantage of the quickness of the underneath WRs, while continually pushing the DBs back with 9 routes. When they slow off the pass rush, and pull the DBs up to protect the under, then take the top off the sucker.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION steelers vs ravens 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 12:48 am

https://triblive.com/sports/mike-hilton-sits-out-again-alejendro-villanueva-added-to-steelers-injury-report/

Mike Hilton out again, Alejandro Villanueva added to Steelers injury report

Quote :
Villanueva and Ebron were listed as having elbow injuries. Neither ailment was mentioned by coach Mike Tomlin after Sunday’s win in Tennessee nor during Tuesday’s news conference.

Hilton missed a game for only the third time in his career Sunday. He did not practice last week but Tomlin said Tuesday that Hilton was “expected to practice.”

kirklandrules

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 10:00 am

I see this game somewhat similar to the Titans game. You have one of the best rushing offenses against the best rush defense. However, I think this game comes down to the Steelers offense vs the Ratbirds defense. That Ratbird defense isn't what is used to be and I'm wonder if they will be able to stop the Steelers offense. Their defense isn't horrible (ranked 3rd), but it's not that overwhelming, smothering defense we remember from the past. The key for the Steelers is to get up on the scoreboard and make them become a team they don't want to be on offense (throwing).
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 12:55 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
I see this game somewhat similar to the Titans game. You have one of the best rushing offenses against the best rush defense. However, I think this game comes down to the Steelers offense vs the Ratbirds defense. That Ratbird defense isn't what is used to be and I'm wonder if they will be able to stop the Steelers offense. Their defense isn't horrible (ranked 3rd), but it's not that overwhelming, smothering defense we remember from the past. The key for the Steelers is to get up on the scoreboard and make them become a team they don't want to be on offense (throwing).

l haven't watch any Ravens game l do know they always have a good. l agree what you wrote another match up for the game, Steelers offense is 3rd in the league in converting 3rd downs 51%, team are converting 35% of 3rd downs on the Ravens defense.

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 1:19 pm

Steelers need to ball-control the game like the first half against the Titans (only this time, for the entire game). Do that and Lamar stays off the field and you win.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 2:30 pm

Someone is gonna need to spy on LJ that was Bush's job hopefully Spillane and Gilbert are ready to show they can help keep him contained.
He will get some runs in for sure he is a phenomenal athlete the D is just gonna have to minimize his impact plays and make him beat them with his arm.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Gerry Dulac at Post Gazette is picking a Steelers win:

Steelers (6-0) at Baltimore Ravens (5-1), 1 p.m. – Much was made of the Steelers’ first four victories against teams who were a combined 3-15. Well, the Ravens’ past four victories are against teams who are a combined 6-20-2. Still, they are the defending division champ till proven otherwise. This could be the start of proving otherwise. Prediction: Steelers, 26-23

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2020/10/29/Gerry-Dulac-s-2020-NFL-picks-Week-8/stories/202010290131

jak341

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 6:02 pm

Today's injury report.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 6:37 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
if you take jacksons rushing stats out , Bmore is not a top running team. jackson is their leading rusher ( 57.7 YPG) followed by ingram who is averaging 37.5 yards per game. they use the RB by committe aproach. ingram 50 attempts, edwards 48 att, dobbins 25 att.
jackson has been sacked 15 times already this season. smart move would be to blitz vince williams up the middle often and keep sutton or hilton a few yards back to spy.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 9:03 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-has-fared-well-vs-blitz-but-ravens-biggest-challenge-yet/

Steelers’ Ben Roethlisberger has fared well vs. blitz, but Ravens biggest challenge yet

Quote :
Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens both like to blitz.

Roethlisberger on Sunday faces a similarly blitz-heavy and quality-passrushing opponent in the Baltimore Ravens.

Pro Football Focus, Roethlisberger has the sixth-best passer rating (90.7) and fourth-best completion percentage (59.5%) among NFL quarterbacks when under pressure this season.

offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner said. “You may beat someone individually and get pressure, but as a general rule, there isn’t pressure that puts him in a panic situation.”

beat the blitz and win the turnover battle to win this game.

imho to slow down the blitz is for an offense to string together long offensive drives and keep that blitzing defense on the field. would like to see the Steelers offense go more up tempo so the Ravens defense has less time to call their blitzes between plays.

effyou515

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 9:34 pm

watch some replay of the Ravens vs Chiefs game and imho the Ravens defense is a ripoff of the Steelers defense a mixes of blitzes with a zone behind it so the plays that beat the Steelers defense should beat the Ravens defense shorter passes, passes over the middle and counter running plays. the Ravens offense run some Ohio State coach Meyer read option run plays. if a defense crashes down on the inside run play Jackson fakes the hand off and keeps it for the outside run.

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 pm

i heard a stat where Ben is getting the ball out of his hands faster than any other qb this year. a quick passing game and short routes has for sure been the theme this year. so far this year his yards per attempt average is the lowest of his career at 6.8 and his completion % is so far the highest of his career.

found the graph.

steelers vs ravens Captur10

effyou515 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 7:12 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i heard a stat where Ben is getting the ball out of his hands faster than any other qb this year. a quick passing game and short routes has for sure been the theme this year. so far this year his yards per attempt average is the lowest of his career at 6.8 and his completion % is so far the highest of his career.

found the graph.

steelers vs ravens Captur10

steelers vs ravens 273451046
coach Canada told me
get ball out quicker

with LJ at the top.

jak341

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 11:31 am

Mark Madden's thoughts on Sunday's game and Spillane.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-itll-take-more-than-next-man-up-to-stop-ravens-lamar-jackson/
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 4:29 pm

could you spillane that to me a little better? steelers vs ravens 1797695198

effyou515

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 8:01 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/with-rain-expected-for-ravens-game-sunday-steelers-have-wet-windy-practice-outdoors/

With rain expected for Ravens game Sunday, Steelers have wet, windy practice outdoors

AccuWeather is calling for afternoon showers Sunday in Baltimore. The kickoff for Steelers-Ravens is scheduled for 1 p.m.

At least the projected temperature for the game is 62 degrees, a much more pleasant outlook than the low-40s that the Steelers practiced through Friday as, in part, the remnants of Hurricane Zeta pelted players and coaches with a stinging rain.

looks like it might be a wet slippy game.

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 11:47 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
https://triblive.com/sports/with-rain-expected-for-ravens-game-sunday-steelers-have-wet-windy-practice-outdoors/

With rain expected for Ravens game Sunday, Steelers have wet, windy practice outdoors

AccuWeather is calling for afternoon showers Sunday in Baltimore. The kickoff for Steelers-Ravens is scheduled for 1 p.m.

At least the projected temperature for the game is 62 degrees, a much more pleasant outlook than the low-40s that the Steelers practiced through Friday as, in part, the remnants of Hurricane Zeta pelted players and coaches with a stinging rain.

I'm about 2 hours directly north of Baltimore and we are getting rain before, during, and after game time. Only showing low 50s temps tomorrow, though, so maybe slightly warmer down there.

Hoping for a big Steelers win tomorrow. Good luck everyone steelers vs ravens 230572241 steelers vs ravens 2287965686

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 12:52 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

I'm about 2 hours directly north of Baltimore and we are getting rain before, during, and after game time. Only showing low 50s temps tomorrow, though, so maybe slightly warmer down there.

Hoping for a big Steelers win tomorrow. Good luck everyone steelers vs ravens 230572241 steelers vs ravens 2287965686

Harrisburg ?...edit..never mind it says myerstown right there...lol

your one of dem city slicker folk.... steelers vs ravens 1072540953
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 3:45 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Harrisburg ?...edit..never mind it says myerstown right there...lol

your one of dem city slicker folk.... steelers vs ravens 1072540953

lol sarcasm is correct. I am neither but mostly farmers and Amish here.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 8:23 am

For those who celebrate Day Of The Dead.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 1:05 pm

Holy crap. The legend of Robert Spillane grew just a bit more.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Spillane makes his mark!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

steelers vs ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs ravens   steelers vs ravens Empty

Back to top Go down

steelers vs ravens
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: