Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' Empty
PostSubject: Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'   Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 12:19 am

https://www.nfl.com/news/mike-tomlin-undefeated-steelers-take-every-opponent-s-best-punch

Quote :
"We're the Pittsburgh Steelers, everybody knows what that means," coach Mike Tomlin said, via the team's official website. "We get everybody's best punch, regardless of record. I think people respect our brand and they respect our franchise and its history. That's been my experience over 14 years here. Regardless of our record, people know when they are playing the Pittsburgh Steelers and a certain responsibility that comes with our reputation. We're going to get people's best shot."

being 8-0 opposing teams will be wanting to be known as the team who knocked the Steelers off their undefeated season. Ben and Juju and other players better get their head out of the clouds.

Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'   Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 1:22 am

The Steelers need to start giving every opponent their best punch Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' 1948569602

solardave, IowaSteeler927 and schillah like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'   Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 5:06 am

Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' 3964572787
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'   Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 2:49 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
The Steelers need to start giving every opponent their best punch Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' 1948569602

You mean other than the 4th Quarter!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'   Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 7:41 am

Tell that to the Vanilla Boys Fitchner and Butler and their play calling...

Master_Of_Puppets and schillah like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'   Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 2:43 am

I was talking to a co-worker buddy of mine that's a Cowboys fan leading up to the game. He as well as my other co-workers that are fans of various other teams all were talking about how Pittsburgh was just going to blow out the Cowboys.

I told them that historically under Tomlin the Steelers have a tendency to play down to the level of teams that most would consider to be inferior. With that being said, I also pointed out that Dallas might be a bad team, but bad teams can sometimes be the toughest opponents because they'll play with reckless abandon and throw things at you that you normally wouldn't expect. I also pointed out that Dallas was starting Gilbert and there isn't much in the way of tape on the guy, so it would've made it more difficult for Keith Butler to gameplan defensively as college tape, and maybe some preseason stuff would be all he'd of had to study the guy.

At the end of the day though, I agree with Coach T, every team is going to give us their best punch. When you're undefeated that puts a target on your back. We need to throw our own best punches from here on out, can't keep letting teams get huge chunk plays on us.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'   Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 7:30 am

Not only do we need to throw our best punches we need a killer mentality. No mercy. This is not a JV league as Tomlin likes to put it. We need to show the world we are varsity with no regrets. On any given day we can be beat so our A game needs to take shape now.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'   Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 7:17 pm

at this point i would just be happy to witness a game that doesn't come down to the last 2 minutes... baby steps... Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' 1797695198

effyou515 and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'   Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 9:27 pm

Makes you wonder if they can go undefeated at 16-0 possibly?! As that would be something else.

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'   Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch' Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Tomlin: Undefeated Steelers must be ready to take every opponent's 'best punch'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: