Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHot Start teams..... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hot Start teams.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Hot Start teams..... Empty
PostSubject: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 11:03 pm

usually dont win the super bowl...only 1 team since 2000 that jumped out hot won the big one.. Hot Start teams..... 190127080 ..less than 50% made it to the super bowl....
Hot Start teams..... Aa10

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 11:26 pm

Well, that's not good news. You're just a ray of sunshine, aren't you Hot Start teams..... 2981382511

We did beat Colts divisional 2005 season. I am pretty sure it was 2006 Colts did win the SB. I think that's the year the Cheats had the big lead in the AFC CG and ended up blowing it. I seem to remember Marcia threw a pick near mid field near end of game to secure the Colts win.

I'll always be grateful for the Manning boys stopping them a few times

Master_Of_Puppets and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 4:07 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Well, that's not good news. You're just a ray of sunshine, aren't you Hot Start teams..... 2981382511

We did beat Colts divisional 2005 season. I am pretty sure it was 2006 Colts did win the SB. I think that's the year the Cheats had the big lead in the AFC CG and ended up blowing it. I seem to remember Marcia threw a pick near mid field near end of game to secure the Colts win.

but it says the colts won the sb in 2006. we beat the shehawks in 2006.

oh i see what they did...its the 2006 regular season colts won the 2007 superbowl...so the date is just for when the streak was.

so anywho...big win streaks are bad juju... Hot Start teams..... 2761542443
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 5:59 am

Time to end the cycle. Hot Start teams..... 1647293567
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 5:01 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:

but it says the colts won the sb in 2006. we beat the shehawks in 2006.

oh i see what they did...its the 2006 regular season colts won the 2007 superbowl...so the date is just for when the streak was.

so anywho...big win streaks are bad juju... Hot Start teams..... 2761542443

I wonder if the win streaks not producing SB winners is due to the fact they're coming from the beginning of the season and the hot teams cool down, other teams figure them out, or they have major injuries. A lot of times it's the 5-3 teams that go on a hot streak the last 8 games to close the season and go into the playoffs and SB. Steelers kind of did that in 05 and also 95. In the Steelers case this year, 8-0 and all, it doesn't feel like they've hit their full potential. Maybe they are different in that way than the other streaks on the list. There is maybe more room for improvement and consistency than some of the other teams listed if they could play more often like they did in the Browns game as opposed to some of the others. Everyone can't wait to remind us they are a bad 8-0 team. The 2nd half of the season would be a great time for them to become a good 8-0, 9-0, etc. team

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 5:53 pm

the term peaking to early gets thrown around a lot... fortunately...or hopefully , this team hasnt hit its peak yet. if what we have seen so far is the peak .. Hot Start teams..... 2744185472.i mean they have been fairly consistent...its just not been good consistent ... Hot Start teams..... 1505004552
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 5:45 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:

Just being honest, it was almost as satisfying watching that undefeated Patriots* squad get upset by Eli Manning and the Giants as it was watching us win Super Bowl 43.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

Master_Of_Puppets, effyou515 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 6:20 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:

Just being honest, it was almost as satisfying watching that undefeated Patriots** squad get upset by Eli Manning and the Giants as it was watching us win Super Bowl 43.
Hot Start teams..... 1549491426 ...same here

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 2:10 pm

They showed a stat on game yesterday...going from memory here:

26 teams have started 8-0. Of those 15 made the SB and 8 won. The list on this thread may be watered down a little because there are some seasons on here where the best start was 3-0, 4-0, etc.

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 2:16 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:

Just being honest, it was almost as satisfying watching that undefeated Patriots*** squad get upset by Eli Manning and the Giants as it was watching us win Super Bowl 43.
Hot Start teams..... 1549491426  ...same here

Those 2 Giants victories are my favorite non-Steeler SBs. The most classic moment for me was when belicheat walked off the field before time had expired. I couldn't stand Coughlin because of when Jax was in the division and he was their coach. My opinion changed when he beat the cheats 2x.

Master_Of_Puppets and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Well, it's like any sport: it's always the team that is hot, late in their run to a championship who come out with the hardware. If you look at several of those teams on the above list, so many of them had pretty poor 2nd halves of their season. The Patriots* and the Panthers took their streaks into their post seasons and blew it in the SB.

Look how many teams played .500 football after their streak ended. The Colts were 14-0, they played 19 games ... so in the final 2 regular season games and their post-season, they were 5-3 ... not spectacular. The 2013 Chiefs were 9-0 and ended up with 11-6? So they went 2-6 to finish their season? Way to shit the bed guys.

I'll play devils advocate here. Almost every team that went 8-0 or better was considered the top team that year. Few are crowning the Steelers, even though the AFC North is no longer a dumpster. I would suggest their current deficiencies that have people thinking the Steelers aren't the top team thus far are the reasons this team will remain grounded and continue to succeed. I'm not suggesting they remain unbeaten through the remainder of the season or that they will win the SB (I think that every year anyways). What I'm saying is the coaches and players fully understand the warts they have and know they have to grind each game. They have the right attitude. There are no ABs or Lev Bells in that locker room that hype their game and don't see reality. They have Heyward, Watt, Pouncey, Connor (who knows through personal experience not to take things for granted), JuJu ... all guys who know how to take the fight into the alley behind the bar. I see this team as determined, gritty, with a us-against-the-world attitude. These guys remember the season they had last year and know they have a chance to make amends and make others pay.

I'm going to jack up my mailman when he walks by!!! Hot Start teams..... 445499957

Now that I got that off my chest, I'll say it's really about being hot. It's incredibly hard to keep that hot streak through an entire season and into a championship. My point is that this team probably has the right attitude. Now we have to see if they can keep the injury bug off them and if they are truly good enough.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 6:48 am

I agree with KR that this team has a really great attitude. No self proclaimed superstars. Team first mentality and scrappy.It's for sure some things need to be cleaned up before it's all said and done but we are winning in the process. Watching last year was painful. This year at times has been nerve racking but I'll take it. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to criticism of our coaches but the fact is they have been doing a great job this year,especially Tomlin. Great teams at times win ugly and we have had a couple ugly games but I would take this team to the prom for sure. Hot Start teams..... 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Start teams.....   Hot Start teams..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hot Start teams.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: