Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeravens vs steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

ravens vs steelers

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 11:15 pm

l know the Ravens are going to be coming in mad and wanting to knock the Steelers from being unbeaten glad this game is in Pittsburgh.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 3:02 am

@effyou515 wrote:
l know the Ravens are going to be coming in mad and wanting to knock the Steelers from being unbeaten glad this game is in Pittsburgh.

Steelers need to bring their A game. Can't be lackadaisical and struggle in run blocking and expect to beat Baltimore especially when they've been backed into a corner. I think both teams are going to be winded and beaten up going into this game but the Ravens losing may just have made them more dangerous, especially with the Browns breathing down their necks for second place in the division.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 5:52 am

The only 2 things we need to clean up from the last meeting is stopping the run on D ( Dobbins averaged 7.5 YPC. We've stopped better RBs this year) and scoring points early. We don't need to come out on offense all conservative again. We contained Jackson pretty well last time but let them hang around all game. We just need a complete game. All 4 quarters.We need to blow these guys out for a change but I admit this game makes me nervous. Best rivalry in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Steelers need to bring their A game. Can't be lackadaisical and struggle in run blocking and expect to beat Baltimore especially when they've been backed into a corner. I think both teams are going to be winded and beaten up going into this game but the Ravens losing may just have made them more dangerous, especially with the Browns breathing down their necks for second place in the division.

Yeah, hate it they're coming in on 2 losses. They lost last week to the Pats* who lost yesterday to the Texans, but they could be coming into the game 4-11 and it would still be tough. Containing Jackson and stopping the run should be priority this week. Do they have any significant injuries?

solardave

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 1:59 pm

I'd be OK with us playing Sunday instead.

https://triblive.com/sports/covid-19-outbreak-with-ravens-could-put-thanksgiving-game-with-steelers-in-jeopardy/
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 4:08 pm

@solardave wrote:
I'd be OK with us playing Sunday instead.

https://triblive.com/sports/covid-19-outbreak-with-ravens-could-put-thanksgiving-game-with-steelers-in-jeopardy/

the NFL wouldn't want to give up the million of viewers in that time slot but yes l'd wait for Sunday so both teams could be at full strength.

Stella Nation

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 4:18 pm

I would be ok with Sunday too, but I can't see it happening. I don't like playing on a short week anyway, it's a recipe for injuries since bodies aren't usually fully healed.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 5:14 pm

Looked through the Ravens Reddit thread. Dobbins, Ingram, and Willams out. More expected yet before Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 6:56 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
I would be ok with Sunday too, but I can't see it happening. I don't like playing on a short week anyway, it's a recipe for injuries since bodies aren't usually fully healed.

to be honest i think it might benefit the steelers more for this game. a lot of players had a light workload against the jags considering they only had 39 total defensive snaps. Tomlin made it point to reduce that number even more for a few key guys. particularly the Dline. the ravens had a much more physical workout in week 11 than the steelers did. they had derrick henry pounding on them like 33 times.

Quote :
Report: Ravens RBs Mark Ingram, J.K. Dobbins test positive for COVID-19
Barring any sudden roster additions or the need for other players to enter isolation due to close contact, the Ravens will enter this game with Gus Edwards and Justice Hill as their top running backs.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 7:26 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

to be honest i think it might benefit the steelers more for this game. a lot of players had a light workload against the jags considering they only had 39 total defensive snaps. Tomlin made it point to reduce that number even more for  a few key guys. particularly the Dline. the ravens had a much more physical workout in week 11 than the steelers did. they had derrick henry pounding on them like 33 times.

Quote :
Report: Ravens RBs Mark Ingram, J.K. Dobbins test positive for COVID-19
Barring any sudden roster additions or the need for other players to enter isolation due to close contact, the Ravens will enter this game with Gus Edwards and Justice Hill as their top running backs.

I'm not exactly sure what the protocol is but I'd think it would take a lot more positive tests before the game was in jeopardy. That's just my impression from seeing the other teams that have dealt with this. Steelers had McDonald and Dotson out for a couple games too and they still played. They may have to do something like was done with Ben for the rest of the team.

jak341

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 9:18 pm

We wanted it...I guess.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 6:06 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Yeah, hate it they're coming in on 2 losses. They lost last week to the Pats** who lost yesterday to the Texans, but they could be coming into the game 4-11 and it would still be tough. Containing Jackson and stopping the run should be priority this week. Do they have any significant injuries?

Couldn't of said it better myself regarding the gameplan. Time and time again Jackson has shown he can't win a game by himself with his brain and his arm. He shines when the running game is going, and it opens up opportunities in the passing game. When the running game bogs down though, Jackson struggles to put the team on his back. He's like Mahomes in regards to his natural talent running the football, but he lacks the football IQ and arm talent that Mahomes has.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Yeah, hate it they're coming in on 2 losses. They lost last week to the Pats*** who lost yesterday to the Texans, but they could be coming into the game 4-11 and it would still be tough. Containing Jackson and stopping the run should be priority this week. Do they have any significant injuries?

Couldn't of said it better myself regarding the gameplan. Time and time again Jackson has shown he can't win a game by himself with his brain and his arm. He shines when the running game is going, and it opens up opportunities in the passing game. When the running game bogs down though, Jackson struggles to put the team on his back. He's like Mahomes in regards to his natural talent running the football, but he lacks the football IQ and arm talent that Mahomes has.

I agree but in Lamar's defense Mahomes is an alien.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 10:27 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Yeah, hate it they're coming in on 2 losses. They lost last week to the Pats*** who lost yesterday to the Texans, but they could be coming into the game 4-11 and it would still be tough. Containing Jackson and stopping the run should be priority this week. Do they have any significant injuries?

Mahomes is so far ahead of Jackson in reading defenses.

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 2:31 pm

I always thought Jackson to be a superior runner but below average passer, leader, and poor on QB attributes like reading defenses. Once teams contain his or his team's running he's a different player. This seems to be the trend with running QBs. Kordell and Vick were unstoppable for a while too but the NFL adjusts to them and they become average or less. QB rating is only one measure of a QB but right now Jackson is 21st in the NFL. In addition he's only rushing for 57 yds per game as opposed to 80 per game last year.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 4:33 pm

More Ravens on the COVID-19 list. Even more is speculated.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/24/ravens-place-pernell-mcphee-on-covid-19-list/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Our own injury report: Ben, JuJu, and Haden are the highlights.

https://dkpittsburghsports.com/2020/11/23/live-steelers-news-updates-injuries-ravens-dk-fdl
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 9:09 pm

i wouldnt put too much stock in our injury report. tomlin is just getting guys extra rest and being extra cautious before the game. Haden has logged more stats than any other steeler this year with 100%.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 5:30 am

@solardave wrote:
The only 2 things we need to clean up from the last meeting is stopping the run on D ( Dobbins averaged 7.5 YPC. We've stopped better RBs this year) and scoring points early. We don't need to come out on offense all conservative again. We contained  Jackson pretty well last time but let them hang around all game. We just need a complete game. All 4 quarters.We need to blow these guys out for a change but I admit this game makes me nervous. Best rivalry in the NFL.

i got $100 that says Dobbins and ingram wont get a single yard ... ravens vs steelers 755331329
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 9:37 am

This game needs to go to a double throw back:

First one: 60 Minute Men
Second one: Must whine can not lose

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ravens vs steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 1:42 pm

Game got moved to Sunday. Time and network to be announced later today
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 1:52 pm

Reading some Tweets at Post Gazette and Steelers players are not happy about this.

jak341

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Ravens continue to have players test positive. Number is continuing to rise. Reading the Ravens thread on Reddit, they may have trouble fielding an OL against us. Seriously.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 3:49 pm

Here's what I don't get. They test positive but no one says if they actually have covid because these PCR tests are notorious for false positives. If they do have it what are they treating them with to get them back in 10 days or less? Hydrochloriquinine? This whole Dempanic I mean Pandemic is a crock of shit.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 4:04 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

ravens vs steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

ravens vs steelers
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: