Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeravens vs steelers - Page 12 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

ravens vs steelers

Go down 
+12
SteelerFreak58
kirklandrules
Wallace108
Shalieve5090
stlrtruck
Master_Of_Puppets
jak341
Stella Nation
LambertWardSteel
solardave
IowaSteeler927
effyou515
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

ravens vs steelers - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Ballgame. Ugly. But ill take 11-0
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 6:45 pm

11-0! Ugly as I expected but we will take the win!
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Feels like Dallas again

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Well another ugly win but its a WIN and against the Ravens...

Dropped passes really changed the complexion of this game.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 6:57 pm

I'll make this short.

Gameballs:

T.J.
James Washington

Goats:

Everyone else.

Limbo:

Ben Wtf was he throwing to on that INT?

This does not look anything like a team that's 11-0 but I'll take it until that team shows up.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 7:42 pm

NFL app notification. Dupree tore ACL. Done for season.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 8:00 pm

Just saw about Dupree. Fuck
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 8:07 pm

@jak341 wrote:
NFL app notification. Dupree tore ACL. Done for season.

that sucks he was having a very good year, time for Highsmith to step up.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Well fuck... now its time for Highsmith to show his worth...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 10:25 pm

dupree was history after this year anyway...might as well see what they got in highsmith....not to be negative Nancy , but i have yet to see a team in black n gold yet that looks like a superbowl winner. i could care less about 16-0 if they dont make it to the superbowl. the Chiefs are the clear cut best team in the AFC and the NFL up to this point even with the holes they have in their game.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 12:50 am

they had every advantage one could possibly ask for for this game and still got taken down to the wire. all i gotta say is DONT place any wagers on the steelers. this was a team effort of suck. not a single position or individual i noticed played a solid game. even watt got caught out of position.

i seen one positive all day. the Oline looked better at run blocking when dotson came in and feiler moved back to right tackle where he should have been all along.

now who was it a few games ago who said feiler should move back to RT and start dotson at guard ? ravens vs steelers - Page 12 3135543967 ...... ravens vs steelers - Page 12 1797695198
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 12:57 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
they had every advantage one could possibly ask for for this game and still got taken down to the wire. all i gotta say is DONT place any wagers on the steelers. this was a team effort of suck. not a single position or individual i noticed played a solid game. even watt got caught out of position.

i seen one positive all day. the Oline looked better at run blocking when dotson came in and feiler moved back to right tackle where he should have been all along.

now who was it a few games ago who said feiler should move back to RT and start dotson at guard ?  ravens vs steelers - Page 12 3135543967 ...... ravens vs steelers - Page 12 1797695198

Actually started thinking about you and what you said before when Dotson came in...thought: well, they should run it well now. I like the game Snell put up

It's hard to believe I could feel somewhat down after the Steelers go to 11-0. The Dupree injury sucks, hoping Highsmith is ready and they can get this offense running better.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:08 am

I know this season is a crap shoot. All it takes is a couple key players that test positive and the struggle starts. I also know we probably didn't have much in the way of a quality practice in our time between games. HOWEVER when you play a team decimated by positive tests and you struggle you are not a championship team. PERIOD!

The issue is we should look like one at 11-0. We almost lost to practice squad players that not only didn't have time to practice,they were not in game condition. I can't blame this on Tomlin or Fitchner or Butler. This shit show was on the players.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 11:09 am

Tim Benz with his weekly airing of grievances.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 11:43 am

The game was a messy slopfest to be sure. On the positive, in the past we have lost a lot of games just like that - over worse opponents than Baltimore. 11-0 is still pretty great, but definitely need to continue to work hard and make improvements. I wish they'd play Derek Watt at FB a lot more, I think it would boost our running game.

A look back...

In 1979, the Steelers went 12-4 in the regular season and won the Super Bowl.

To put a few things in perspective....

One of our losses was to Cincinnati: 34-10. Cincy won 4 games that year.
Another loss was 35-7 to San Diego.
They also won two OT games against the New England team (pre Beli-cheat) and Cleveland Browns - both mediocre teams at best.

I make this point as a reminder that every championship team has their off-days, where they look like anything but a championship team. Sometimes the best you can do is win the game and move on.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Ben's post-game interview was a bit uncharacteristic after a win. I'm not sure I've seen him that snarky before. His frustration with everything that led up to the game, coupled with how they performed, was on full display. Some of Tomlin's comments later also seemed a bit uncharacteristic.

I've been seeing some of the newer players getting a little arrogant. Not about themselves, but about the team. Maybe the performance in this game was needed and ends up being a blessing in disguise.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:14 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Ben's post-game interview was a bit uncharacteristic after a win. I'm not sure I've seen him that snarky before. His frustration with everything that led up to the game, coupled with how they performed, was on full display. Some of Tomlin's comments later also seemed a bit uncharacteristic.

I've been seeing some of the newer players getting a little arrogant. Not about themselves, but about the team. Maybe the performance in this game was needed and ends up being a blessing in disguise.

I agree regarding the arrogance of some of the players. Hope Tomlin puts a clamp on that. We are one Ben Roethlisberger injury away from being an 8-8 team.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:57 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

I got the sense from Ben's interview the team wasn't happy with the delays and the constant game on/game off. He said it was hard preparing and not knowing when you play. Maybe that had a lot to do with the team so underperforming. The bottom line is they won, have 11 wins, and almost certainly are the division winner. I'm still hoping they really put things together on offense and can keep up on defense after the latest injury.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 4:04 pm

Brooks Jr. has been signed from the PS and activated.

https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-place-dupree-on-reserve-injured
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 6:12 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

the only arrogance i've really seen are from the show boats who dropped a collective 9 passes by my count .i think they should spend more time on the jugs machine and less Choreographing celebrations. Eric Ebron certainly thinks very highly of himself despite not having career stats to back up his ego. i do think he could be a top TE if he refined his skills, but based on what he has done so far i'd put him in the middle of the pack as a receiving TE , which is exactly where he is in the stats at 16th. he would be even lower as an all around TE.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:20 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

the only arrogance i've really seen are from the show boats who dropped a collective 9 passes by my count .i think they should spend more time on the jugs machine and less Choreographing celebrations. Eric Ebron certainly thinks very highly of himself despite not having career stats to back up his ego. i do think he could be a top TE if he refined his skills, but based on what he has done so far i'd put him in the middle of the pack as a receiving TE , which is exactly where he is in the stats at 16th. he would be even lower as an all around TE.

One thing we've always heard from Tomlin and co.: we didn't execute. Rarely, if at all, have I heard that the gameplan was shit. It's always execution.

For example, how many times this year where we've seen the only runs come from the shotgun draw, or a delayed handoff. That type of run worked great for Bell, where he could scan the line, see the hole, and have enough speed to run through it. Conner, Snell, and McFarland are not those types of runners. Conner and Snell are more power backs (although Conner's body doesn't seem to hold up to that.)

I was listening to a radio show years ago on why Brady and the Patriots** were great. One of the comparisons were made to Ben and the Steelers. The Patriots** and Brady would change their plan when things stopped being effective and went to plan B. When compared to Ben and the Steelers, the gameplan is the gameplan and a failure of execution causes losses.

It's always been a point that has stuck out in my head. There is still arrogance that runs through this organization from top to bottom. Maybe it is a consequence of playing for an elite franchise.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:39 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

One thing we've always heard from Tomlin and co.: we didn't execute. Rarely, if at all, have I heard that the gameplan was shit. It's always execution.

For example, how many times this year where we've seen the only runs come from the shotgun draw, or a delayed handoff. That type of run worked great for Bell, where he could scan the line, see the hole, and have enough speed to run through it. Conner, Snell, and McFarland are not those types of runners. Conner and Snell are more power backs (although Conner's body doesn't seem to hold up to that.)

I was listening to a radio show years ago on why Brady and the Patriots***** were great. One of the comparisons were made to Ben and the Steelers. The Patriots***** and Brady would change their plan when things stopped being effective and went to plan B. When compared to Ben and the Steelers, the gameplan is the gameplan and a failure of execution causes losses.

It's always been a point that has stuck out in my head. There is still arrogance that runs through this organization from top to bottom. Maybe it is a consequence of playing for an elite franchise.

actually tomlin blasted the coaching in the press conference. i'm assuming calling plays and defenses are part of that critique. plays are not designed to fail. BUT..defenses are designed to counter them. if the wrong play is called against the right defense then it is blown up. it is a chess match and too often the steelers are playing checkers. QB's are supposed to call audibles if the play isnt favorable to the defense. how much leeway the QB is given to call those audibles is the question.

it literally only takes 1 man out of the 11 to cause a play to go horribly wrong. most of the time when the steelers are looking bad multiple players on a given play is not doing their job well. i have posted pics showing this. such as Bens pick right before the half last game when there was a wide open receiver on the opposite side of the field where he threw the ball. the play call worked , ben just threw it to the wrong guy.
sometimes you just have to give credit to a player for making a great play. just look at the amazing things Troy did on defense. a lesser player would have never made.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 11:03 pm

Bens int....see if you can spot an open receiver .. ravens vs steelers - Page 12 1645253483

ravens vs steelers - Page 12 Pick_110
ravens vs steelers - Page 12 Pick_210
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 1:42 am

I'm sincerely hoping that game left a sour taste in their mouths and they wake up because that was a pathetic showing and honestly we didn't deserve to win with the way that we played. If Harbaugh wasn't an idiot and didn't leave his team with no timeout at the end of the first half we could've easily lost the game and how embarrassing would that of been losing to a team that had barely practiced and was forced to play a bunch of back-ups due to COVID 19, and in our house to boot.

They need to drop the egos and get to work. Tuitt's tweet is very reflective I think of how some of these guys think of themselves. They claim to not take opponents lightly and yet they've struggled against some blatantly inferior teams and done exactly the opposite of what they claim.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

ravens vs steelers
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: