Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeWeek 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Week 14: Steelers @ Bills

Go down 
+10
stlrtruck
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
Wallace108
Stella Nation
solardave
LambertWardSteel
IowaSteeler927
effyou515
jak341
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Posts : 11707
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:55 pm

To whiskey or not to whiskey? That is the question

_________________
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 18170
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 9:00 pm

6 of us are in the chat at the bottom of the main page if anyone else is interested.

_________________
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Great Randino



Posts : 938
Join date : 2018-08-31

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 10:04 pm

Prediction: We win this game.

There. Meant to post this way before the game started, but I think its still fair since we're losing at halftime.

Steelers win.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 938
Join date : 2018-08-31

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 10:26 pm

....and they're starting to make me look stupid.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

Posts : 212
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : NY

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 10:30 pm

Welp...here comes the checkdown offense again

_________________
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Captur10
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4429
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 10:31 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Weird, run blocking non-existent.

Is it that weird though? It is what we've seen all season long.

I was using weird sarcastically.

_________________
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino



Posts : 938
Join date : 2018-08-31

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 11:34 pm

This is not the 11-0 team that was on the field a few weeks ago. With all the injuries, including all but 1 starting lineman, this is now a team of backups and practice squad players playing. It would have been nice to have the bye week when we were supposed to. We've played on short weeks for the past 3 weeks - it shows. Players worn down, thus getting injured more often.

Every game from here on out is going to be a struggle. Every game (including the Bengals game).

kirklandrules likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Posts : 740
Join date : 2015-09-11

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 11:46 pm

Team is trash. Yeah we're banged up esp on defense but the offense is fully healthy and its hot garbage. We need a new OC bad because fichtner simply can't call plays. These stupid short fucking passes have gotten old already. If they aren't 1 and done again come playoff time I'll be surprised, but they'll still use the "tomlin has never had a losing season" excuse like always

schillah likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1321
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 11:57 pm

@Shalieve5090 wrote:
Team is trash. Yeah we're banged up esp on defense but the offense is fully healthy and its hot garbage. We need a new OC bad because fichtner simply can't call plays. These stupid short fucking passes have gotten old already. If they aren't 1 and done again come playoff time I'll be surprised, but they'll still use the "tomlin has never had a losing season" excuse like always

I feel about the same as you. Ridiculous an 11-0 team crashes like this. I feel like we've been here before end of season....

_________________
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 $_35
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1321
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 12:07 am

From Ray Fittipaldo's game report card at Post Gazette:

Quote :
Coaching: Tomlin has to do something about his offense. The Steelers have scored 19, 17 and 15 points in their past three games. Would anyone be surprised if all they could manage next week in Cincinnati is 13? Offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner has not made any adjustments to fix his regressing unit. Time is running out, too. It doesn’t matter how good the defense is, the Steelers won’t win a playoff game with an offense like this. They might not even win the division if the coaches don’t get their act together and come up with a better plan.  Grade: F

_________________
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 $_35

schillah likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5257
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 5:40 am

I watched the game halfway through the 3rd and then shut it down and went to bed. I've seen this shit show before too many times.
first off I know a few weeks back there were fouls on both sides. We false started and they roughed Ben. The official called offset penalties and they replayed the down. In the second or 3rd quarter they had an illegal formation and Mondeaux was called for a late hit and the ref said the IF was declined. Who in the hell would decline that and to rub salt in our would they assessed us 15 yds for the roughing. Can anyone explain how one week we replay the down and another week we get the penalty?
Next question is Why does Fitchner still have a job? Is there something going on with Ben's arm that he can't throw down the field?
It was obvious to me the bills made halftime adjustments. Why didn't we? They figured out our pressures and started to pick us apart in the middle. Same old shit show. I know our defense is decimated and just got worn down due to lack of any offense. Beasley was catching balls but he wasn't killing us so what does Butler dial up? Crickets.
Championship teams roll with who they got on the field and adjust to get the most of what they got. This team right now is an imposter. I think we might beat the Bengals but I see us losing to both the Colts and the Browns. If we continue to play like this even if we get in as a wild card we'll be one and done. I'm pretty sure no 1 dimensional team has ever made it far in the playoffs much less win the SB.
I don't know about you guys but I'm beginning to hear that creaky old window starting to close and after this year it will slam shut on us.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1252
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 8:27 am

They need to fire Fichtner today. Not tomorrow, but today. Let someone else take over and install a new offense. That way they have 3 more games to be ready for the play-offs. With the schedule the Chiefs have left we can forget the number 1 spot anyway and it doesn't matter if you finish 2nd or 7th this year with no real home advantage. Rest our best players in week 17 and be ready to ball in the Wild card game.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 9:12 am

didn't even watch the game knew what this was about before it started. right now wouldn't care if they fired both OC and DC.

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 9:42 am

1 and done come playoff time folks mark my words. This team is tired, beat up, and running on empty. Our Oline is older then dog shit and its showing more and more as each week progresses. Multiple Bills players were in our backfield every running play even before Connor was handed the ball.

We get worse at the half. Our coaches simply do not adjust at the half well and haven't in years now. The Bills and Washington both came out and spanked us in the second half pretty embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 938
Join date : 2018-08-31

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 12:16 pm

Tell me who was playing O-line for us at the end of the game. This is especially directed at all who consider the offense to be "fully healthy".

Right.

Too many short weeks in a row.

Too many injuries.

I would love to know, in the history of the NFL, how many teams have played 3 consecutive short weeks in a row? Can't be many.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1724
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 1:43 pm

The Steelers lost because Ben played poorly. There's a lot of things that did not go well, but it was his play that resulted in a loss. 1-10 on 3rd downs absolutely sucks. Yes, the pick 6 right before the half was a killer, but the general failure to get the ball into scoring opportunities lays at the feet of the QB. That pick 6 was not only off target, but his receiver wasn't open ... which seems to be a trend that he's trying to jam his passes into situations that he probably shouldn't. His other pick can be blamed on poor mechanics. He checked down from his primary target on the left and saw Washington open deep on the right side, but he didn't set his body to throw a deep pass over there and under threw it. He's not hitting deep passes which allows teams to keep the short routes in front of them and focus on tackling the catch.

Are there other issues? Yes. 2 straight drops by the guy who leads the league in dropped passes is a poor way to start a game. The second drop stopped a drive, and the first drop was part of the reason they didn't convert on their opening drive. And that same guy didn't run a route well on another critical 3rd down (that failed) and we all saw Ben gesticulating in a manner that indicates his expectations weren't met. It was great seeing Johnson on the sidelines for a good portion of the game and Washington, in replacement duty, score a TD. BTW, Claypool was on the sideline for most of the 4th quarter, so there's obviously something going on there as well.

The run game improved from Sucks to Bad. Maybe next week they will improve to Meh. I know the O-line went through a bunch of guys, which was sad to see. But we've faced other teams with O-line replacements that seemed to be effective. What isn't clear is if they really want to run the ball because they haven't really committed to it yet.

The defense had struggles, but that's to be expected when you're playing without 4 starters you had at the beginning of the season and those missing guys are very good. Can they win without Bush? Yes. But trying to win without Bush, Dupree, Williams, and Haden is a tall order.

It's easy blaming Fitchner for the Steelers struggles. And maybe he deserves blame. However, the receivers need to catch very easy passes and run their routes correctly, the QB needs to perform up to his capabilities and not give the game away, and the defense needs to stop resembling a MASH unit, basically the players should execute before before I jump on the wagon of blaming the failure on quality of the offensive game plan.

The good news is they finished their 3 games in 12 days gauntlet. They now have a normal prep week against an opponent they should have an opportunity to get back on track against.

Wallace108, effyou515, solardave, Stella Nation and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1321
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 2:04 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
The Steelers lost because Ben played poorly. There's a lot of things that did not go well, but it was his play that resulted in a loss. 1-10 on 3rd downs absolutely sucks. Yes, the pick 6 right before the half was a killer, but the general failure to get the ball into scoring opportunities lays at the feet of the QB. That pick 6 was not only off target, but his receiver wasn't open ... which seems to be a trend that he's trying to jam his passes into situations that he probably shouldn't. His other pick can be blamed on poor mechanics. He checked down from his primary target on the left and saw Washington open deep on the right side, but he didn't set his body to throw a deep pass over there and under threw it. He's not hitting deep passes which allows teams to keep the short routes in front of them and focus on tackling the catch.

Are there other issues? Yes. 2 straight drops by the guy who leads the league in dropped passes is a poor way to start a game. The second drop stopped a drive, and the first drop was part of the reason they didn't convert on their opening drive. And that same guy didn't run a route well on another critical 3rd down (that failed) and we all saw Ben gesticulating in a manner that indicates his expectations weren't met. It was great seeing Johnson on the sidelines for a good portion of the game and Washington, in replacement duty, score a TD. BTW, Claypool was on the sideline for most of the 4th quarter, so there's obviously something going on there as well.

The run game improved from Sucks to Bad. Maybe next week they will improve to Meh. I know the O-line went through a bunch of guys, which was sad to see. But we've faced other teams with O-line replacements that seemed to be effective. What isn't clear is if they really want to run the ball because they haven't really committed to it yet.

The defense had struggles, but that's to be expected when you're playing without 4 starters you had at the beginning of the season and those missing guys are very good. Can they win without Bush? Yes. But trying to win without Bush, Dupree, Williams, and Haden is a tall order.

It's easy blaming Fitchner for the Steelers struggles. And maybe he deserves blame. However, the receivers need to catch very easy passes and run their routes correctly, the QB needs to perform up to his capabilities and not give the game away, and the defense needs to stop resembling a MASH unit, basically the players should execute before before I jump on the wagon of blaming the failure on quality of the offensive game plan.

The good news is they finished their 3 games in 12 days gauntlet. They now have a normal prep week against an opponent they should have an opportunity to get back on track against.

Thanks for posting again. Your logical analysis this game and last were good to read.

_________________
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 $_35
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1321
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 2:25 pm

@solardave wrote:
I watched the game halfway through the 3rd and then shut it down and went to bed. I've seen this shit show before too many times.
first off I know a few weeks back there were fouls on both sides. We false started and they roughed Ben. The official called offset penalties and they replayed the down. In the second or 3rd quarter they had an illegal formation and Mondeaux was called for a late hit and the ref said the IF was declined. Who in the hell would decline that and to rub salt in our would they assessed us 15 yds for the roughing. Can anyone explain how one week we replay the down and another week we get the penalty?
Next question is Why does Fitchner still have a job? Is there something going on with Ben's arm that he can't throw down the field?
It was obvious to me the bills made halftime adjustments. Why didn't we? They figured out our pressures and started to pick us apart in the middle. Same old shit show. I know our defense is decimated and just got worn down due to lack of any offense. Beasley was catching balls but he wasn't killing us so what does Butler dial up? Crickets.
Championship teams roll with who they got on the field and adjust to get the most of what they got. This team right now is an imposter. I think we might beat the Bengals but I see us losing to both the Colts and the Browns. If we continue to play like this even if we get in as a wild card we'll be one and done. I'm pretty sure no 1 dimensional team has ever made it far in the playoffs much less win the SB.
I don't know about you guys but I'm beginning  to hear that creaky old window starting to close and after this year it will slam shut on us.

It seemed to me earlier in the season the coaching staff was making half adjustments better than they ever have. That seems non-existent now....at least for our side. It seemed to me the D was playing well first half but the offense needed to possess the ball and keep them off the field. When Johnson dropped those 2 balls on the first drive it felt like the night was set against them. It was like: more of the same..here we go again.

I've been wondering about the deep throws all season. Ben's comment after the game may have been just heat of the moment but it makes you wonder when he says if he can't do it anymore it's time to hang it up.

I want to be optimistic going forward, but really starting to wonder if this may be an epic collapse from 11-0.



_________________
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 $_35
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 18170
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 2:38 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Thanks for posting again. Your logical analysis this game and last were good to read.

Unlike our receivers, Kirkland never drops the ball. I've always been a big fan of his analysis. We should be careful with the praise though. He'll get a big head and start demanding to be paid. Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 3798349058

_________________
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1724
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 4:53 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Thanks for posting again. Your logical analysis this game and last were good to read.

Unlike our receivers, Kirkland never drops the ball. I've always been a big fan of his analysis. We should be careful with the praise though. He'll get a big head and start demanding to be paid. Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 3798349058
Wait a sec, you said the check was in the mail! Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 1549491426

Wallace108 and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1799
Join date : 2011-04-08

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 5:29 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@solardave wrote:
I watched the game halfway through the 3rd and then shut it down and went to bed. I've seen this shit show before too many times.
first off I know a few weeks back there were fouls on both sides. We false started and they roughed Ben. The official called offset penalties and they replayed the down. In the second or 3rd quarter they had an illegal formation and Mondeaux was called for a late hit and the ref said the IF was declined. Who in the hell would decline that and to rub salt in our would they assessed us 15 yds for the roughing. Can anyone explain how one week we replay the down and another week we get the penalty?
Next question is Why does Fitchner still have a job? Is there something going on with Ben's arm that he can't throw down the field?
It was obvious to me the bills made halftime adjustments. Why didn't we? They figured out our pressures and started to pick us apart in the middle. Same old shit show. I know our defense is decimated and just got worn down due to lack of any offense. Beasley was catching balls but he wasn't killing us so what does Butler dial up? Crickets.
Championship teams roll with who they got on the field and adjust to get the most of what they got. This team right now is an imposter. I think we might beat the Bengals but I see us losing to both the Colts and the Browns. If we continue to play like this even if we get in as a wild card we'll be one and done. I'm pretty sure no 1 dimensional team has ever made it far in the playoffs much less win the SB.
I don't know about you guys but I'm beginning  to hear that creaky old window starting to close and after this year it will slam shut on us.

It seemed to me earlier in the season the coaching staff was making half adjustments better than they ever have. That seems non-existent now....at least for our side. It seemed to me the D was playing well first half but the offense needed to possess the ball and keep them off the field. When Johnson dropped those 2 balls on the first drive it felt like the night was set against them. It was like: more of the same..here we go again.

I've been wondering about the deep throws all season. Ben's comment after the game may have been just heat of the moment but it makes you wonder when he says if he can't do it anymore it's time to hang it up.

I want to be optimistic going forward, but really starting to wonder if this may be an epic collapse from 11-0.



well they would save 41.25 million against the cap next year if he hung it up . that would solve a lot of problems for omar khan. like it or not a rebuild period is coming. they have a few building blocks on the team now, but could be forced to give some of them up if Ben stays another year. is one more year of Ben worth losing guys like JuJu , hilton or sutton ? i say Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 2672159185

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 3594
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 6:03 pm

MM with observations. His critique of Ben is valid, and MM is one of Ben's biggest supporters.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-shortcomings-piling-up-for-ben-roethlisberger-steelers-offense/

I am also starting to think of a comparison to another QB at the end of his career: Payton Manning.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 6:13 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
The Steelers lost because Ben played poorly. There's a lot of things that did not go well, but it was his play that resulted in a loss. 1-10 on 3rd downs absolutely sucks. Yes, the pick 6 right before the half was a killer, but the general failure to get the ball into scoring opportunities lays at the feet of the QB. That pick 6 was not only off target, but his receiver wasn't open ... which seems to be a trend that he's trying to jam his passes into situations that he probably shouldn't. His other pick can be blamed on poor mechanics. He checked down from his primary target on the left and saw Washington open deep on the right side, but he didn't set his body to throw a deep pass over there and under threw it. He's not hitting deep passes which allows teams to keep the short routes in front of them and focus on tackling the catch.

Are there other issues? Yes. 2 straight drops by the guy who leads the league in dropped passes is a poor way to start a game. The second drop stopped a drive, and the first drop was part of the reason they didn't convert on their opening drive. And that same guy didn't run a route well on another critical 3rd down (that failed) and we all saw Ben gesticulating in a manner that indicates his expectations weren't met. It was great seeing Johnson on the sidelines for a good portion of the game and Washington, in replacement duty, score a TD. BTW, Claypool was on the sideline for most of the 4th quarter, so there's obviously something going on there as well.

The run game improved from Sucks to Bad. Maybe next week they will improve to Meh. I know the O-line went through a bunch of guys, which was sad to see. But we've faced other teams with O-line replacements that seemed to be effective. What isn't clear is if they really want to run the ball because they haven't really committed to it yet.

The defense had struggles, but that's to be expected when you're playing without 4 starters you had at the beginning of the season and those missing guys are very good. Can they win without Bush? Yes. But trying to win without Bush, Dupree, Williams, and Haden is a tall order.

It's easy blaming Fitchner for the Steelers struggles. And maybe he deserves blame. However, the receivers need to catch very easy passes and run their routes correctly, the QB needs to perform up to his capabilities and not give the game away, and the defense needs to stop resembling a MASH unit, basically the players should execute before before I jump on the wagon of blaming the failure on quality of the offensive game plan.

The good news is they finished their 3 games in 12 days gauntlet. They now have a normal prep week against an opponent they should have an opportunity to get back on track against.

this is pretty much Ben most of his career, yes he'll have good games and offensive series in games but he can stink up the place, most of his career he's had a dominate defense to help him out. at 33 million dollars he's getting paid this year l expect close to perfection a QB who can put a team on his shoulders win. l don't think ben like to get up under center or call running plays he want to get back in shotgun and junk the ball down field want to call his game instead the game the defense is giving him. also think Ben has all the freedom to call the plays.

this defense even with all the injuries is good enough to win but the offense has to do their part and not be hanging the defense out most of the time.

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1321
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 pm

@jak341 wrote:
MM with observations. His critique of Ben is valid, and MM is one of Ben's biggest supporters.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-shortcomings-piling-up-for-ben-roethlisberger-steelers-offense/

I am also starting to think of a comparison to another QB at the end of his career: Payton Manning.

That has popped into my thinking as well.

_________________
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 $_35
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 3:32 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@solardave wrote:
I watched the game halfway through the 3rd and then shut it down and went to bed. I've seen this shit show before too many times.
first off I know a few weeks back there were fouls on both sides. We false started and they roughed Ben. The official called offset penalties and they replayed the down. In the second or 3rd quarter they had an illegal formation and Mondeaux was called for a late hit and the ref said the IF was declined. Who in the hell would decline that and to rub salt in our would they assessed us 15 yds for the roughing. Can anyone explain how one week we replay the down and another week we get the penalty?
Next question is Why does Fitchner still have a job? Is there something going on with Ben's arm that he can't throw down the field?
It was obvious to me the bills made halftime adjustments. Why didn't we? They figured out our pressures and started to pick us apart in the middle. Same old shit show. I know our defense is decimated and just got worn down due to lack of any offense. Beasley was catching balls but he wasn't killing us so what does Butler dial up? Crickets.
Championship teams roll with who they got on the field and adjust to get the most of what they got. This team right now is an imposter. I think we might beat the Bengals but I see us losing to both the Colts and the Browns. If we continue to play like this even if we get in as a wild card we'll be one and done. I'm pretty sure no 1 dimensional team has ever made it far in the playoffs much less win the SB.
I don't know about you guys but I'm beginning  to hear that creaky old window starting to close and after this year it will slam shut on us.

It seemed to me earlier in the season the coaching staff was making half adjustments better than they ever have. That seems non-existent now....at least for our side. It seemed to me the D was playing well first half but the offense needed to possess the ball and keep them off the field. When Johnson dropped those 2 balls on the first drive it felt like the night was set against them. It was like: more of the same..here we go again.

I've been wondering about the deep throws all season. Ben's comment after the game may have been just heat of the moment but it makes you wonder when he says if he can't do it anymore it's time to hang it up.

I want to be optimistic going forward, but really starting to wonder if this may be an epic collapse from 11-0.



well they would save 41.25 million against the cap next year if he hung it up . that would solve a lot of problems for omar khan. like it or not a rebuild period is coming. they have a few building blocks on the team now, but could be forced to give some of them up if Ben stays another year. is one more year of Ben worth losing guys like JuJu , hilton or sutton ? i say   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 2672159185

maybe the Jets will let Sam Darnold walk?

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 14: Steelers @ Bills   Week 14: Steelers @ Bills - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Week 14: Steelers @ Bills
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: