Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWeek 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 1:50 pm

What the hell is the defense doing? They're not covering Anyone.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 4:20 pm

Fitchner pulled the medium and deep passing routs out of his ass at halftime!
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 4:21 pm

Or Ben said FU Fichtner and started drawing them in the dirt again.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 4:33 pm

I think Ben was calling his own plays
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Just let this play on repeat for about 1 minute.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 4:35 pm

I know one thing: starters need to sit next week.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Steelers retired lineman trolling Garrett. Foster and Colon are both in the thread.

effyou515 and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 4:47 pm

I take back everything I said (Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 3067078418) at the start of the game. So we can score after all. What a second half.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 4:54 pm

Great 2nd half. Rest everyone possible next week. Start - well, they will probably start Rudolph but I wish they'd start Dobbs. Make Ben inactive, emergency QB. That way, after Rudolph stinks up the place, Dobbs can come in.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 7:00 pm

Well, the 'more winning mojo' in the title of this thread must work. Little did we know that it only took effyou's suggestion, and jak adding it to the title, to get us a win and the division title. Thanks to you both Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 3299131622

I didn't see this coming. I thought it was a certain loss before the game and even more so after it started. Just awesome browns lost to Jets. I was getting about sick of hearing people talk them up.

Give Ben 2 weeks off. We'll see what we get first round. Hoping we can somehow keep Hilton....

Master_Of_Puppets, effyou515 and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 8:26 pm

Team showed some heart today. Definitely need to rest these guys next week and let them get healthy.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 9:34 pm

throwing past the sticks occasionally worked...imagine that. Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 2829330259..i dont think fichtner was calling the plays in the 2nd half.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 9:40 pm

Pittsburgh Dad
@Pittsburgh_Dad
·
5h
1st Qtr: Fire the whole team!
2nd Qtr: Ban all of football!
3rd Qtr: Take me now Lord.
4th Qtr: Here we come Super Bowl!

What it’s like being a #Steelers fan.

effyou515, solardave, IowaSteeler927, Shalieve5090 and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 11:26 pm

^True story
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 3:22 am

mojo rising throughout the playoffs.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 4:57 pm

It appeared there were two different QBs wearing #7 in yesterday's game. The 1st half Ben had very poor mechanics: he wasn't setting his feet; he threw off his back foot; his feet were set to throw to the left, but he threw to the middle; he stared down his intended receivers; he didn't pump fake; he threw a soft touch ball when he needed to power the ball to the receiver. Generally, he looked like a very bad QB, just like he did against Cincy. The 2nd half Ben did the opposite of the above. He was very effective looking off the safeties, using pump fakes, and pushing off his back foot on his throws.

Teams have been crowding the line of scrimmage to take away the short passing game. The 39 yard TD to Johnson yesterday was the same pattern he missed on the first play of last week's game to Washington. The only difference is he connected yesterday and failed to connect on any of his long throws last week. Imagine what the Cincy game could have been if Ben hits that first deep pass. Yesterday as Ben began to hit the 10+ yard throws, Indy began to play off, which opened the control passing routes and the run game (even though they didn't try to run much).

IMO, it's not so much what Fitchner is calling, it's the failure of the receivers to run their routes, not get jammed or pushed of their routes, and Ben to deliver the football. The receivers still have a long ways to go. Johnson ran three routes incorrectly that Ben was trying to target him on and he also had two drops (that accounts for 5 incompletions). Claypool had a drop and at least one incorrect route Ben targeted him on (and almost resulted in a pick 6). JuJu had a drop. What stood out to me yesterday was the laziness of the receivers. It very much looks like they don't run their routes with effort if they were not the primary receiver. JuJu said Ben gave a halftime speech about going out and having fun, but I have to assume something was said to the receivers about giving better effort.

The defense had a superb second half. Highsmith got a few pressures and just needs to get to the QB a half second earlier. I loved his spin move on the last defensive play to pressure Rivers into throwing quicker than he would have like ... that was a great move on his part. Hope that rookie takes it to the next level heading into the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 6:33 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
It appeared there were two different QBs wearing #7 in yesterday's game. The 1st half Ben had very poor mechanics: he wasn't setting his feet; he threw off his back foot; his feet were set to throw to the left, but he threw to the middle; he stared down his intended receivers; he didn't pump fake; he threw a soft touch ball when he needed to power the ball to the receiver. Generally, he looked like a very bad QB, just like he did against Cincy. The 2nd half Ben did the opposite of the above. He was very effective looking off the safeties, using pump fakes, and pushing off his back foot on his throws.

Teams have been crowding the line of scrimmage to take away the short passing game. The 39 yard TD to Johnson yesterday was the same pattern he missed on the first play of last week's game to Washington. The only difference is he connected yesterday and failed to connect on any of his long throws last week. Imagine what the Cincy game could have been if Ben hits that first deep pass. Yesterday as Ben began to hit the 10+ yard throws, Indy began to play off, which opened the control passing routes and the run game (even though they didn't try to run much).

IMO, it's not so much what Fitchner is calling
, it's the failure of the receivers to run their routes, not get jammed or pushed of their routes, and Ben to deliver the football. The receivers still have a long ways to go. Johnson ran three routes incorrectly that Ben was trying to target him on and he also had two drops (that accounts for 5 incompletions). Claypool had a drop and at least one incorrect route Ben targeted him on (and almost resulted in a pick 6). JuJu had a drop. What stood out to me yesterday was the laziness of the receivers. It very much looks like they don't run their routes with effort if they were not the primary receiver. JuJu said Ben gave a halftime speech about going out and having fun, but I have to assume something was said to the receivers about giving better effort.

The defense had a superb second half. Highsmith got a few pressures and just needs to get to the QB a half second earlier. I loved his spin move on the last defensive play to pressure Rivers into throwing quicker than he would have like ... that was a great move on his part. Hope that rookie takes it to the next level heading into the playoffs.

so it wasn't fichtner calling that stale ass short passing game for 14.5 games ? most of us here have been complaining for the last 2 months or more about the lack of 10-20 yard attempts. the short passing game certainly has its place in the offense. i begged to see more of it during the Arians era but defenses catch on and counter when you do the same shit over and over.  the difference between a good coach and a bad coach. the good ones keep the opponent guessing and off balance. fichtner cant even fool the fans. Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 1797695198 running the same plays with the same personnel groups out of the same formations is a recipe for failure . Arthur moats even sited this as one of their problems months ago in a video i posted. he was talking about the run game, but im sure it applies to the passing game as well.
i agree about the lack luster performance from the untargeted receivers. i would go a step further and add in the linemen. i see linemen watching the running backs being tackled instead of holding their blocks. i guess playing to the whistle isn't being stressed enough. Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 2087824411

check out this clip on highsmith. it may take him another season or two reach full potential , but i expect he will keep progressing. watching his interviews he seems to have the same mindset as TJ...he is all business and motivated to constantly improve. he has the small school chip on his shoulder.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 10:02 pm

i like to highlight piss poor efforts. why...just because... Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 1797695198 ..this weeks piss poor effort play is awarded to vince williams and terrel edmunds ... Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 1647293567

on this play we have an easy 2 yard tackle for a loss..VW and edmunds have a free shot at the ball carrier..he has no where to go but on the turf.
Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 Wiff110

oops...VW jock falls off while he runs to the spot the ball carry used to be instead of taking an angle to cut him off...thats ok...edmunds got you bro.. Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 184121345
Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 Wiff210

Edmunds decides to dive on the ground at his feet instead of actually making solid contact with the ball carrier.
Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 Wiff310

so the end result instead of dropping him for a 2 yard lose is a 7.5 yard gain...almost as good right ? 3rd and 10....3rd and a half yard...meh Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 2087824411
Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 Wiff410

honorable mention...nelson sticks to his pass coverage assignment after its clear it is a run play, instead of moving towards the ball carrier.

Wallace108 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 7:56 am

You mean there was no better picture to use?

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 8:17 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@solardave wrote:
social media has created a generation of narcissist.

I think they were always there but now they have an outlet.

i think you sir are correct Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 2276209185

myself personally i have made it goal my entire life to keep people out of my bidness and keep a low profile. i always laughed at the jackass kids putting those loud ass exhaust systems on their 4 cylinders. the stupid attention whores dont realize it also attracts the po po's attention. i have a  2000 grand prix GTP with a modified 3800 supercharger. just looks like an old persons grocery getter and is quiet as a prius until i mash her down and the supercharger starts singing and i blow right by em ... Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 1797695198
important life lesson - its always the quiet ones you have to worry about.

I drive a loud truck. Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 1797695198

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 8:02 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
social media has created a generation of narcissist.

I think they were always there but now they have an outlet.

i think you sir are correct Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 2276209185

myself personally i have made it goal my entire life to keep people out of my bidness and keep a low profile. i always laughed at the jackass kids putting those loud ass exhaust systems on their 4 cylinders. the stupid attention whores dont realize it also attracts the po po's attention. i have a  2000 grand prix GTP with a modified 3800 supercharger. just looks like an old persons grocery getter and is quiet as a prius until i mash her down and the supercharger starts singing and i blow right by em ... Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 1797695198
important life lesson - its always the quiet ones you have to worry about.

I drive a loud truck. Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 1797695198

but you have a PO PO get out of jail free badge. Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 903924208 the fuzz even get free coffee here where i live. Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 2967646000
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)   Week 16: Colts at Steelers  (now with more winning mojo!) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 16: Colts at Steelers (now with more winning mojo!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: