Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWeek 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) Empty
PostSubject: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 8:22 am

Let's get this party started early.

I'm thinking we're resting everyone and anyone. This is, effectively, our bye week heading into the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 9:49 am

@jak341 wrote:
Let's get this party started early.

I'm thinking we're resting everyone and anyone. This is, effectively, our bye week heading into the playoffs.

I think you're right. We need for guys to get healed up that are not out for the season.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 10:18 am

I hope they rest everyone they can. I also hope they let Rudolph throw the ball and see what he has. Fitchner needs to take the training wheels off and let the guy throw see if we can put up some points.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 12:09 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I hope they rest everyone they can. I also hope they let Rudolph throw the ball and see what he has. Fitchner needs to take the training wheels off and let the guy throw see if we can put up some points.

I agree. I was thinking in the Bengals and Colts games: if Ben couldn't throw downfield, put in Mason to see what you have to work with.

Of course, Ben came out and was throwing it downfield and my thought was moot. The question still remains, if Ben can push the ball downfield, why hasn't he? Gameplan, trying to compensate for a bad Oline, or perhaps an artificial "pitch count" due to elbow surgery?

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 12:55 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I agree. I was thinking in the Bengals and Colts games: if Ben couldn't throw downfield, put in Mason to see what you have to work with.

Of course, Ben came out and was throwing it downfield and my thought was moot. The question still remains, if Ben can push the ball downfield, why hasn't he? Gameplan, trying to compensate for a bad Oline, or perhaps an artificial "pitch count" due to elbow surgery?

Not sure what it was. I am hoping he just told Fitchner he had enough of his BS play calling and started doing his own thing. We live and die by how Ben operates and he is a vet QB let him do what he wants to try and win a game. All I know is he came out in that second half and looked completely different then the last 3 and a half games.

We live and die with #7 if he can string together some Ws in the playoffs we have a shot. If he can bring a little magic and do what he did the last 2 quarters teams should be afraid. If he can't well we come back here and pitch a huge bitch! We are Steelers fans that's what we do... We love our team and we expect them to win!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 2:55 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Not sure what it was. I am hoping he just told Fitchner he had enough of his BS play calling and started doing his own thing. We live and die by how Ben operates and he is a vet QB let him do what he wants to try and win a game. All I know is he came out in that second half and looked completely different then the last 3 and a half games.

We live and die with #7 if he can string together some Ws in the playoffs we have a shot. If he can bring a little magic and do what he did the last 2 quarters teams should be afraid. If he can't well we come back here and pitch a huge bitch! We are Steelers fans that's what we do... We love our team and we expect them to win!

Yeah, you really don't know what to think of Ben. It really started to seem that he couldn't make the throws then he goes out and has a 2nd half that gives you the idea he can. Maybe it was the knee bothering hm the last couple games. Hoping they rest him 2 weeks now. I seem to remember in the past Tomlin wasn't real keen of resting players. Hope he does it here.

Steelers have a chance to eliminate Browns this weekend which would be awesome. According to article at Post Gazette, if Steelers win Browns would need Colts to lose to Jaguars to get in:

Quote :
If the Steelers manage to do in Cleveland what they did in Buffalo 16 years earlier, the Browns can still get in as a wild card team if the Colts lose to the 1-14 Jacksonville Jaguars. The other scenario they would need is a little more involved — the Tennessee Titans lose to the Houston Texans, the Baltimore Ravens beat the Cincinnati Bengals and the Miami Dolphins beat the Bills.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2020/12/28/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-comeback-indianapolis-colts-afc-north-cleveland-browns/stories/202012280062

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 7:25 pm

sure knocking the browns out, especially if they sit starters would be cool..but i REALLY would rather the ratbirds got knocked out and the browns got in.... GO BENGALS   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) 792589548 ... Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) 2744185472
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 7:41 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
sure knocking the browns out, especially if they sit starters would be cool..but i REALLY would rather the ratbirds got knocked out and the browns got in.... GO BENGALS   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) 792589548 ... Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) 2744185472

you're right on that. If I'm looking at the playoff standings correctly, if Bills lose tonight as things currently stand we'd be in line to play Browns. If Bills win tonight i think then we are lined up for the rats again. A lot can happen last weekend, though. Probably still better cheats win tonight. Go cheats....eeek did I just type that Shocked  Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) 1505004552

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 8:24 pm

yes just call the same dink and dunk offense with a few side line and seem long passes. don't think the QBs last season got a good offense play calls with no running game and longer developing passing game.

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 9:39 pm

Shocked

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Heard some things about Ben calling his own plays again and that being the reasoning behind us waking up in the 2nd Half. Need to let Ben run the show from here on out, it's obvious to me at this point that Fichtner isn't getting the job done.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 1:20 am

Bengals are playing tough lately. I have to think they are excited at the chance to potentially knock Baltimore out of the playoffs and that they're going to throw everthing but the kitchen sink at them to do so. Baltimore would be wise to not take them lightly but let's hope that they do take them lightly and get punked by the Bengals.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

effyou515 and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 6:57 am

I think this next game from a personnel standpoint might resemble a preseason game. Ben for maybe the first quarter and so on with other starters. How else do we keep the rust off? Especially with the lack of continuity on offense.
I would like nothing more than to see us beat them with mostly backups just to shut the so-called experts up about the Browns.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 7:01 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Bengals are playing tough lately. I have to think they are excited at the chance to potentially knock Baltimore out of the playoffs and that they're going to throw everthing but the kitchen sink at them to do so. Baltimore would be wise to not take them lightly but let's hope that they do take them lightly and get punked by the Bengals.

beating the Steelers and the Ravens at the end of this season would be a big high for the Bengals.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 11:50 am

The story line is already being crafted, especially if Mason is QB.

https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/myles-garrett-mason-rudolph-matchup/?fbclid=IwAR1S2ORNZTOqpnVMiPDTdBIAIQaUP0-ODS0OJqPMK9YJkF8L5zidWJZ-VEs
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 12:46 pm

Tomlin confirmed: Mason will start at QB.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 1:33 pm

Good move. See if Rudolph has anything going for him at all. And if he doesn't, then Dwayne-Haskins him right after the game.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 9:03 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

it is not in the bengals best interest to win this game. they REALLY need that left tackle Sewell. if they were to win another game they can kiss his ass goodbye for sure..
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 11:23 pm

I sure hope Fitchner doesn't handcuff Rudolph like he did most of last year and lets him sling the ball around. We need to see what that young man is able to do. He has a cannon for an arm and going deep wont be a problem the only real issue is can he hit the medium and underneath routes too.

Last year Fitchner played ultra scared and conservative with both him and Duck. Let the kid toss that ball around and see if he can utilize the WRs and TEs to his advantage.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 1:19 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I sure hope Fitchner doesn't handcuff Rudolph like he did most of last year and lets him sling the ball around. We need to see what that young man is able to do. He has a cannon for an arm and going deep wont be a problem the only real issue is can he hit the medium and underneath routes too.

Last year Fitchner played ultra scared and conservative with both him and Duck. Let the kid toss that ball around and see if he can utilize the WRs and TEs to his advantage.
I agree.

Seeing what I've seen regarding play calling this season, I am not overly confident that Mason will be given much of a chance to succeed.

I'm not real high on him as a QB but I would like to see him get a fair shake.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 1:45 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

call the plays like Ben is in the game, like the 2nd half of last Sundays game anyway. show us what you got Mason?

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 2:40 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

call the plays like Ben is in the game, like the 2nd half of last Sundays game anyway. show us what you got Mason?
they wont...they will run the ball 30 times for 45 yards..throw 15 screens or bubble screens for 10 yards. they might dust off a few failed trick plays. he will be sacked at least 3 times. beaten once by his own helmet. Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) 1797695198
i think they should do what the saints do with brees and taysum...give dobbs 8-12 snaps ..maybe a few designed QB runs. Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) 2087824411

Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) Captur18
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 9:04 am

This story is a little odd.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/12/silver-rudolph-unlikely-to-get-much-help-preparing-for-browns-from-roethlisberger/?fbclid=IwAR0WkSNDoi2R7YHip9F9THhxcbTFOskg3HOWZIB3yeagdaFEedNOiK4UxJU
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Here we go again.

https://wjactv.com/sports/content/cleveland-browns-close-facility-due-to-covid-19-just-days-before-matchup-vs-steelers
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Apparently Duck is still with the Steelers. Must be on practice squad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)   Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 17: Steelers @ Browns (free with purchase: 4 quarters of winning mojo!)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: