Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021

Go down 
+7
LambertWardSteel
Shalieve5090
SteelerFreak58
jak341
effyou515
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 2:52 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Mason Rudolph seeing the news on his smartphone "fuck it l'm out of here"  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 1797695198
can you imagine what mason is thinking. literally no one is showing in confidence in the guy or giving him any chance of being a successful starter. No
i believe the only thing stopping mason from being a good QB is and has been his lack of confidence. he actually showed confidence in that browns game and had some pretty good results.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 2087824411 ...its like he just said awe F it ..imma throw it deep and don't give a shit what tomlin thinks ..  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 1797695198
if they could just teach him to be more aware of the pocket collapsing and get him to check it down or throw it away , he could be a legit starter.

I thought Randy Fitchner was Rudolphs worst enemy the year Ben was out. He hand cuffed him and hardly played to Rudolphs strengths. When he let the kid throw they won some games. Fitchner played ridiculously predictable football with Rudolph and Hodges and I really believe had no clue how to get the most out of them.
indeed. its like he never bothered to dig up masons college film and see all the bombs he dropped on james washington. thats how NFL coaches do a disservice to young players. instead of tailoring the offense to what they did well in college they try to shoe horn them into their offense. i mean forget about what impressed them enough to draft the guy to begin with. then their answer to the guy not performing well in their scheme is to dumb it down and make it easy on the defense to predict what they are doing.
there's a reason why a backup should have a similar skill set and style as the starter.

Not that Fitchner wasn't at fault, but I blame Tomlin for handcuffing Rudolph during that season. He gave the direction that the young QBs shouldn't do anything to lose the game. The thought was that they could hold teams to less than 14 points and the defense would put the offense in position to kick 3 field goals and score 1 TD. Unfortunately, it didn't really work well against the better opponents. Several of us accused Tomlin of living in his fears with young QBs. You can't hamstring your starting QB with the phrase "don't screw it up" and expect the guy to ultimately make the throws that often win games.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 2672159185

wasn't it in reference to Duck, that tomlin said when asked about his performance , said, "well he didnt kill us" . Shocked
i understand keeping it simple for a rookie making his first start. but they see the guys in practice and should have a pretty good idea of their strengths and weaknesses. gradually adding more of the playbook should be a natural progression, but that didnt seem to be the case  with either QB. mason in that game against the browns looked to be operating most of the playbook. one thing i dont remember seeing in that game was rolling out of the pocket. throwing on the run seemed to me would have been better suited for duck than mason though. but since i dont recall ever seeing mason do it , its just a guess.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 2087824411

so kirklandrules , what are you thoughts , predictions , for kyle trask ?there are rumors that the steelers may have an interest in him.
Quote :
Former Gators QB Kyle Trask Reportedly High on Pittsburgh Steelers Radar
According to a report from CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the team to watch for Trask, potentially investing a high selection in the former Heisman Trophy finalist.
https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-kyle-trask-high-pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-draft-radar

personally i see mason rudolph when i watch trask.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 2087824411   same physical attributes , same skill set , same athleticism level , same weaknesses to their game.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 3:53 pm

Quote :

Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger Not Ready to Call it Quits

Ben Roethlisberger is reportedly planning to play at least one more season.

As the Pittsburgh Steelers prepare for their Monday Night Football game in Cincinnati, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the 38-year-old Roethlisberger plans to play in 2021. That would be Roethlisberger's 18th NFL season, and it's the final year of his current contract.

Steelers’ QB Ben Roethlisberger, who leads Pittsburgh into Cincinnati tonight for Monday Night Football, intends to return next year for his 18th season, per sources.https://t.co/zM748O6w6G
   — Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 21, 2020

Colin Dunlap of 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh said Roethlisberger has always intended to play next year barring injury.

This is just a story to promote (presumably) a bad football game tonight.
   It is a nothing.
   It has always been Ben’s intention to play the duration of his current contract unless physically unable to. https://t.co/1m8q0YLcTP
   — Colin Dunlap (@colin_dunlap) December 21, 2020

However, Dunlap also paid homage to Roethlisberger's longevity and success. The Steelers have won two Super Bowls with their future Hall of Fame quarterback and have never had a losing season since he joined the team in 2004.

The day Ben Roethlisberger walks out that door, the Pittsburgh Steelers have a chance to not be very good. They could be like a 5-6 win team.
   Know what? There's a whole generation now of younger Steelers fans who have NO IDEA what it is like for the Steelers to be bad.
   — Colin Dunlap (@colin_dunlap) December 17, 2020

didnt they just go a year without Ben and went 8-8 ? not to mention one of those 8 loses was on him. they could very easily be a 5 or 6 win team with him.  the days of Ben putting the team on his shoulders and carrying them to wins are few and far between.the last several years....not just that he is capable of playing poorly , but him sucking up 41.25 million of the cap could cause a drop off of talent across the entire team.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 2087824411

well this didnt age well for colin dunlap  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 1401235891
i had some amazing insight in this thread   Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 131212936
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 3:58 pm

i just dont see this team with Ben being any better next year than this year. not saying it will be better without , just saying i dont think there is an advantage to keeping him around. all it does is set you back a year for the rebuild mode. it's time to start auditioning younger guys. if that requires a year or two of a guy like jamies winston then so be it.
they need to invest heavily in both lines this year in the draft. the first 5 picks should be spent on the lines. 3 new oline and 2 new dline. they need a space eating fat guy, ala hampton , back in the mix to keep the linebackers clean. Bmore and the browns have built teams to run the ball so pittsburgh needs to build a package dedicated to counter the run. that needs to include a dedicated 2 down run stuffing fat NT. fortunately there will be a few of just such players in this draft.
here's another gem ...  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Ha! A great dig up thread!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 4:29 pm

lots of us hit the nail on the head.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: