Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 11:51 am

If we fix the Oline I think a lot of QB issues will dissappear Ben or no Ben.

The problem I see is Ben is going to fight Canada's offense and what he wants to do. Or Canada is going to want to do things an Ben isn't going to want to. Either way thats problematic for Rudolph, Haskins, or any QB that might be trying to learn a new system.

Focus this year on fixing the Oline, Let Ben play and finish his career or just pull the pug and eat the money and ride a year with Rudolph or Haskins and see what they can do.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 12:25 pm

i dedicate this song to Ben ...  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 1797695198

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 12:37 pm

@solardave wrote:
This makes sense to me.

https://stillcurtain.com/2021/02/04/3-reasons-steelers-roethlisberger-back/4/

add to the fact do you want to lose a free agent or two to keep Ben one more year? 2020 was the last year for Ben to win the Superbowl and retire into the sun set, it's to bad the defense that was suppose to carry him to the promise land tomany key injuries during the season.

time for Rudolph and Haskins to battle it out with Dobbs as the QB coach.

keeping an eye on this off season OT Jarron Jones 6'6" 325 l don't know much about him like his size,

also John Leglue

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 12:45 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

The problem I see is Ben is going to fight Canada's offense and what he wants to do. Or Canada is going to want to do things an Ben isn't going to want to. Either way thats problematic for Rudolph, Haskins, or any QB that might be trying to learn a new system.

Focus this year on fixing the Oline, Let Ben play and finish his career or just pull the pug and eat the money and ride a year with Rudolph or Haskins and see what they can do.
Sorry but I don't see Haskins making the grade. I think considering what I've seen from Canada's offense before, the one best suited to run it is Joshua Dobbs.

Haskins will be a footnote, probably cut before the end of spring (unless Ben retires).

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 2:52 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Sorry but I don't see Haskins making the grade. I think considering what I've seen from Canada's offense before, the one best suited to run it is Joshua Dobbs.

Haskins will be a footnote, probably cut before the end of spring (unless Ben retires).

You could be right but as of right now those 2 are on the team. Haskins could be a steal or just a camp body to push Rudolph either way I dont see it as a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:29 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Sorry but I don't see Haskins making the grade.  I think considering what I've seen from Canada's offense before, the one best suited to run it is Joshua Dobbs.

You could be right but as of right now those 2 are on the team. Haskins could be a steal or just a camp body to push Rudolph either way I dont see it as a bad thing.

Haskins will make the team and fits Canada's offense Rudolph will be 1, Haskins 2, Dobbs 3... Haskins strength is the underneath crossing patterns a man to man defense killer.

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 7:17 pm

So, no Ben?
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 4:59 am

@Great Randino wrote:
So, no Ben?

nope no more date rape Ben.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 5:35 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
So, no Ben?

C'mon man. There's absolutely zero proof that that happened. The Lake Tahoe chick was refuted by her own friends in court documentation. The Milledgeville girl was bar hopping and following Ben around. She very likely knew of the first accusation against Ben and could've easily utilized that to her advantage. Or he could've possibly tried forcing himself on her, nobody really knows that for sure but them. He wasn't charged, and therefore any accusations against him are purely conjecture. Yes there was some type of settlement, but that is kind of par for the course in situations where public figures or celebrities get accused. Even if they're totally not guilty, often times it's easier to pay off the accuser rather than let them drag things out. I think if that were my daughter making those kinds of accusations I'd of dragged that court case out as long as I possibly could've just to stain his reputation, it seems fishy to me they were so quick to take settlement money, but who knows?

All of that being said, dude seems to have cleaned up his act significantly. He has a family, seems to be very religious, has developed as a leader, and he donates to law enforcement agencies to help them purchase and train K9 dogs. So I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I think he was stupid when he was younger, and I think he put himself into bad situations, and probably acted like a jerk. Doesn't mean the guy can't change.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 1:36 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
So, no Ben?

C'mon man. There's absolutely zero proof that that happened. The Lake Tahoe chick was refuted by her own friends in court documentation. The Milledgeville girl was bar hopping and following Ben around. She very likely knew of the first accusation against Ben and could've easily utilized that to her advantage. Or he could've possibly tried forcing himself on her, nobody really knows that for sure but them. He wasn't charged, and therefore any accusations against him are purely conjecture. Yes there was some type of settlement, but that is kind of par for the course in situations where public figures or celebrities get accused. Even if they're totally not guilty, often times it's easier to pay off the accuser rather than let them drag things out. I think if that were my daughter making those kinds of accusations I'd of dragged that court case out as long as I possibly could've just to stain his reputation, it seems fishy to me they were so quick to take settlement money, but who knows?

All of that being said, dude seems to have cleaned up his act significantly. He has a family, seems to be very religious, has developed as a leader, and he donates to law enforcement agencies to help them purchase and train K9 dogs. So I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I think he was stupid when he was younger, and I think he put himself into bad situations, and probably acted like a jerk. Doesn't mean the guy can't change.

next you'll be trying to tell us ray lewis wasn't involved in that murder ..  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 1797695198 ...he sure talks a good "God" game dont he ?
personally i think buying your way out of a lawsuit is a bunch of bullshit. wealth privilege should have no place in a justice system , and money should never be a reward in a criminal case.  those kind of violent cases need to be played out and gotten to the bottom of with someone going to jail. be it the accused or the accuser. this would put an end to false allegations if you remove the chance there could be a payday . how is excepting money for retracting a criminal complaint not extortion ?   Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 2829330259

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 6:21 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
So, no Ben?

next you'll be trying to tell us ray lewis wasn't involved in that murder ..  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 1797695198 ...he sure talks a good "God" game dont he ?
personally i think buying your way out of a lawsuit is a bunch of bullshit. wealth privilege should have no place in a justice system , and money should never be a reward in a criminal case.  those kind of violent cases need to be played out and gotten to the bottom of with someone going to jail. be it the accused or the accuser. this would put an end to false allegations if you remove the chance there could be a payday . how is excepting money for retracting a criminal complaint not extortion ?   Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 2829330259

Because a lawyer gets half the payout?  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 8:50 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
So, no Ben?

Because a lawyer gets half the payout?  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 2087824411
lawyer fees are another form of extortion. when how much you can afford to pay for legal fees can be a deciding factor in winning or losing a case, then something is wrong with the system. i really really hate lawyers ...almost as much as i hate politicians ...is it a coincidence that most politicians also are lawyers ? professional liars.

kirklandrules, solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 2:45 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
So, no Ben?

lawyer fees are another form of extortion. when how much you can afford to pay for legal fees can be a deciding factor in winning or losing a case, then something is wrong with the system. i really really hate lawyers ...almost as much as i hate politicians ...is it a coincidence that most politicians also are lawyers ? professional liars.

Couldn't agree with this more. I'm not a fan of lawyers at all. Especially the ones that defend scumbags knowing full well that they're guilty as sin. Professional liars is a pretty good assessment of that lot.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 2:53 am

Where's the "I hate lawyers/politicians" thread? Don't get me started.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 1797695198

Master_Of_Puppets and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 7:04 am

Ike Taylor says it is time for Ben to hang them up.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/10/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-ike-taylor-tmz-nfl/

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 8:09 am

@jak341 wrote:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/10/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-ike-taylor-tmz-nfl/

Really the last dude that should be telling someone else when to retire if I'm being honest. I loved Ike in his prime but he was an absolute liability in his last couple of seasons as I recall and had hands like wet limestone. He knew his play was dropping off drastically and he wasn't exactly quick to retire and I think the Steelers stayed with him for too long.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 11:04 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Really the last dude that should be telling someone else when to retire if I'm being honest. I loved Ike in his prime but he was an absolute liability in his last couple of seasons as I recall and had hands like wet limestone. He knew his play was dropping off drastically and he wasn't exactly quick to retire and I think the Steelers stayed with him for too long.

these guys dont get to stick around and suck without the blessing of the FO. most of these guys are greedy bastards and are going to take every last dime they can get from the cash cow. who else is going to pay you millions to not be very good productive at your job ? well unless your dad is the vice president ...  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 3135543967

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 12:15 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

these guys dont get to stick around and suck without the blessing of the FO.  most of these guys are greedy bastards and are going to take every last dime they can get from the cash cow. who else is going to pay you millions to not be very good productive at your job ? well unless your dad is the vice president ...  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 3135543967

I agree that these guys are businessmen first and in order to succeed, they have to have a certain amount of greed in their nature. That's why I see it the opposite way around. In order to make the most money, they have to produce a winning team. And they have their egos that drive a desire to win. Guys like Ike, Polamalu, Potsi, etc get to stay around longer than they should (at least to me) because the team is addressing other positions and those "old guys" are still better than the guys under them. I'd rather have a smart, but slower Polamalu than Golden or Thomas ... hell, they drafted Thomas to take the starting role and that didn't work out ... so they were kind of stuck with Polamalu. Same for Ike ... how many guys did they swing and miss on trying to find his replacement. Sometimes you have to go with who you have. They won their last Super Bowl with an O-line that was thought to be below average (statistically they were), so it's not like you can't win with less than the best. I view teams like puzzles, can the FO and coaches maneuver their pieces into position to win it all.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 2:37 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

these guys dont get to stick around and suck without the blessing of the FO.  most of these guys are greedy bastards and are going to take every last dime they can get from the cash cow. who else is going to pay you millions to not be very good productive at your job ? well unless your dad is the vice president ...  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 3135543967

I agree that these guys are businessmen first and in order to succeed, they have to have a certain amount of greed in their nature. That's why I see it the opposite way around. In order to make the most money, they have to produce a winning team. And they have their egos that drive a desire to win. Guys like Ike, Polamalu, Potsi, etc get to stay around longer than they should (at least to me) because the team is addressing other positions and those "old guys" are still better than the guys under them. I'd rather have a smart, but slower Polamalu than Golden or Thomas ... hell, they drafted Thomas to take the starting role and that didn't work out ... so they were kind of stuck with Polamalu. Same for Ike ... how many guys did they swing and miss on trying to find his replacement. Sometimes you have to go with who you have. They won their last Super Bowl with an O-line that was thought to be below average (statistically they were), so it's not like you can't win with less than the best. I view teams like puzzles, can the FO and coaches maneuver their pieces into position to win it all.
well of course the plan should always be to put the best player on the field. if you can't say with confidence this guy is the best we have at the position , then the cheaper younger guy who's ceiling has yet to be determined should be the option.
if the choice is between paying an expensive washed up vet to suck , or paying a younger cheaper option who may yet improve to suck , i think option 2 is the way to go. for example pouncey. we know his time is up and he ain't going to improve his game. he is going to cost them what ? 14 -15 million against the cap to play as bad as he did the last 2 years ? right now the other option on the roster is... hassenhauf ? was he any better than pouncey ? not really. but at least they were paying him accordingly and being a young guy , he just might get better at his craft. i'm not even going to mention dotson / decastro.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 1505004552

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 12:36 pm

The commitment to play veteran players over younger (unproven) players has handicapped this team over the last 15 years. Dotson was clearly better then Decastro when he was allowed to show it and definitely an improvement over Fieler.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 5:44 pm

Not always true. Sometimes playing a veteran will at least get you a "do little harm" situation as opposed to a young player who's going to really screw up big-time.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 7:53 am

@Great Randino wrote:
Not always true.  Sometimes playing a veteran will at least get you a "do little harm" situation as opposed to a young player who's going to really screw up big-time.

Maybe when you're 11-0 but when you finish by losing 4 of you last five and go 1 and done in the playoffs it seems to me maybe it's time to look at the younger guys. The truth is if we don't fix the O-line next year we may see 0-11 to start no matter who's in there.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 2:46 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
Not always true.  Sometimes playing a veteran will at least get you a "do little harm" situation as opposed to a young player who's going to really screw up big-time.

Maybe when you're 11-0 but when you finish by losing 4 of you last five and go 1 and done in the playoffs it seems to me maybe it's time to look at the younger guys. The truth is if we don't fix the O-line next year we may see 0-11 to start no matter who's in there.

top 5 draft choice  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 3135543967

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 2:56 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

top 5 draft choice  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 3135543967

i don't see a top 15 unrealistic.  wouldn't it be ironic if we picked 11th next year ? i mean Ben started his career being picked 11th , then to turn around and finish his career putting us picking at 11...  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 312503953
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:36 pm

with a top 15 pick a CB would be a better pick but then again Steelers suck at drafting DBs.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: