Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021

Go down 
+7
LambertWardSteel
Shalieve5090
SteelerFreak58
jak341
effyou515
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 11:20 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
with a top 15 pick a CB would be a better pick but then again Steelers suck at drafting DBs.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 1797695198
Please don't pick a DB.

On another note - Effyou, we are from the same neck of the woods. Ohio Valley. I went to UL.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 3:05 am

@Great Randino wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
with a top 15 pick a CB would be a better pick but then again Steelers suck at drafting DBs.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 1797695198
Please don't pick a DB.

On another note - Effyou, we are from the same neck of the woods.  Ohio Valley.  I went to UL.

Wheeling metro area.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 2:58 pm

Very cool. We competed against Wheeling Park, Wheeling Central, etc...
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 11:57 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Please don't pick a DB.

On another note - Effyou, we are from the same neck of the woods.  Ohio Valley.  I went to UL.

does UL stand for Union Local?

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 12:44 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Please don't pick a DB.

It sure does, my valley friend.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 6:01 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Please don't pick a DB.

l lived in Shadyside until 1974 moved right before the coal and steel started to bottom out mom side of the family lives lived around the Flushing, New Athens and Maynard area early 80s last time l seen those relatives. Aunts and Uncles would take cousins, brother and myself camping Sally Buffalo.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 7:42 pm

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 8:54 pm

If Ben were serious about winning a championship he would play for minimum and tell the organization to get him some help where ever it was needed most. If he bitches about salary at this point he isnt really in it for another shot at a ring.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:14 pm

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/01/breakdown-of-how-ben-roethlisbergers-2021-cap-charge-got-so-high/

Quote :
So, what options do the Steelers have with Roethlisberger’s contract now so that his 2021 cap charge of $41.25 million will decrease somewhat?

As I wrote way back in August, assuming Roethlisberger doesn’t tell the Steelers to keep some of that $19 million he’s due in 2021, what you’re likely to see happen in the next six weeks is happen is all but $1.075 million of the $19 million owed to the quarterback turned into a signing bonus as part of his contract being extended by four voidable years with no additional new money given in 2021.

In short, Roethlisberger would have his base salary drop to the minimum of $1.075 and then receive $17.925 million he was due as a signing bonus. That $17.925 million would then be split up into five equal amounts as bonus proration. The result would be Roethlisberger’s 2021 salary cap charge decreasing by $14.34 million. An outline of the outlined example extension is below.
 Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 Bcap10

The byproduct of such an extension, assuming it voids right after the 2021 season, would result in the remaining years of bonus proration (2022-2025), a total of $14.34 million, to accelerate into 2022 as a dead money charge against the Steelers salary cap for that year. So, to save $14.34 million in 2021 salary cap space, it would cost the Steelers $14.34 million of their 2022 salary cap space.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:22 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
If Ben were serious about winning a championship he would play for minimum and tell the organization to get him some help where ever it was needed most. If he bitches about salary at this point he isnt really in it for another shot at a ring.
the NFL players association would not allow him to do that. i think above ^ is the likely outcome. i think we can live with that ..  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 1:13 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Please don't pick a DB.

l lived in Shadyside until 1974 moved right before the coal and steel started to bottom out mom side of the family lives lived around the Flushing, New Athens and Maynard area early 80s last time l seen those relatives. Aunts and Uncles would take cousins, brother and myself camping Sally Buffalo.
Small world. Had some very good friends from Shadyside.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 8:20 am

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/charlie-batch-steelers-really-like-mason-rudolph-and-where-theyre-at-at-qb/

Charlie Batch: Steelers ‘Really Like Mason Rudolph’ And ‘Where They’re At’ At QB

Quote :
With the report that the Pittsburgh Steelers do intend to honor Ben Roethlisberger’s contract through the 2021 season, one of the questions that arises from that is, where does that leave Mason Rudolph? The fourth-year quarterback is entering the final year of his rookie contract, and they still don’t know what kind of future he has in front of him.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 9:29 am

Official statement from the Steelers.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 9:48 am

Them wanting Ben back is a mistake. I know many may disagree but he isn't going to help this team compete for a SB trophy next year and its only going to fuck with Canada's new offense and undermine Matt Canada's ability to put into place what he wants. He is going to have to call plays Ben wants and let Ben dictate how the offense operates.

We also will not be able to see if Rudolph or Haskins has the ability to move on with as the next QB. It is hamstringing the organization and is going to put the team back a full year.

They should have just cut him and ate the dead cap money.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 1:12 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Them wanting Ben back is a mistake. I know many may disagree but he isn't going to help this team compete for a SB trophy next year and its only going to fuck with Canada's new offense and undermine Matt Canada's ability to put into place what he wants. He is going to have to call plays Ben wants and let Ben dictate how the offense operates.

We also will not be able to see if Rudolph or Haskins has the ability to move on with as the next QB. It is hamstringing the organization and is going to put the team back a full year.

I'll just say this:  the owner saying "We want you back" and it actually getting done, ARE two different things.  If you parse his agent's words, he's expecting Ben to still get all his $$.  Steelers aren't going to do that and will cut him before forking over $41, no matter how many years it is spread out.

So, I don't necessarily think its a done deal yet.

You bring up some really valid points regarding:

• Seeing what Rudolph can do
  • Canada being fully able to implement his system without QB interference
  • Steelers moving toward the future.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 1:34 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I'll just say this:  the owner saying "We want you back" and it actually getting done, ARE two different things.  If you parse his agent's words, he's expecting Ben to still get all his $$.  Steelers aren't going to do that and will cut him before forking over $41, no matter how many years it is spread out.

So, I don't necessarily think its a done deal yet.

Let's say they get a deal done and Ben is here for 2021. If he comes out looking like a shell of his former self and we're losing games do they insert Rudolph and bench Ben. I don't think so and that's why I have this feeling they push him out like they did to Troy. I think it's Rudolph's job to lose in camp.

You bring up some really valid points regarding:

• Seeing what Rudolph can do
  • Canada being fully able to implement his system without QB interference
  • Steelers moving toward the future.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 4:24 pm

Well, this is awkward.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/kinkhabwala-ben-roethlisbergers-camp-would-be-absolutely-insulted-if-steelers-suggested-he-take-a-pay-cut/
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 1:42 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Well, this is awkward.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/kinkhabwala-ben-roethlisbergers-camp-would-be-absolutely-insulted-if-steelers-suggested-he-take-a-pay-cut/

I have to imagine he wants his contract re-worked to be structured similar to Bettis' last season. I might have the player or the solution wrong, but I think the Steelers paid Bettis his final year, but spread the hit out over 2 or 3 seasons beyond his retirement. Art II mentioned it not being sound business practice, but something the Steelers felt they should do for The Bus. Ben probably wants his entire $19M, play 1 year, but have the Steelers extend his contract by 3 years to spread the hit out.

I'm not a fan of doing that type of stuff, but it does buy a certain amount of good will in the locker room.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 2:24 pm

Yeah, he wants all his money, which is good business on his part, but its a bit contrary to what he said before. I'm not in favor of the Steelers giving in to it.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 3:32 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Yeah, he wants all his money, which is good business on his part, but its a bit contrary to what he said before.  I'm not in favor of the Steelers giving in to it.

Yeah, put your money where your mouth is!

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 7:10 pm

Right on. If Ben stays, does he embrace Canada's new offense or buck it? Three guesses and the first two don't count.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 6:12 am

@Great Randino wrote:
Right on.  If Ben stays, does he embrace Canada's new offense or buck it?  Three guesses and the first two don't count.

Since he doesn't like to be under center play action pretty much goes out the window and when you don't do it often enough the few times you do it signals run.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 2913999526 Fix the O-line and tell Ben he either gets on board with Canada's O or retire. If we roll with Ben that leaves us next year with either signing Rudolph not knowing if he can do it consistently or drafting a QB and throwing him to the wolves like all the other looooser teams. I'm beginning to think maybe it's time for Ben to sail off. I guess his quick throws would work if we had a running game. I now think his last extension was a mistake. They should have gone year to year.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 1:20 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
Right on.  If Ben stays, does he embrace Canada's new offense or buck it?  Three guesses and the first two don't count.

Since he doesn't like to be under center play action pretty much goes out the window and when you don't do it often enough the few times you do it signals run.  Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 2913999526 Fix the O-line and tell Ben he either gets on board with Canada's O or retire. If we roll with Ben that leaves us next year with either signing Rudolph not knowing if he can do it consistently or drafting a QB and throwing him to the wolves like all the other looooser teams. I'm beginning to think maybe it's time for Ben to sail off. I guess his quick throws would work if we had a running game. I now think his last extension was a mistake. They should have gone year to year.
I don't disagree with you. I actually think his staying will set this team back several years. And of course - we'll never get to see what Rudolph could do.

It needs to be Canada's offense, 100%. If they were content with letting Ben run it, they wouldn't have had to oust Fichtner. But its time for an OC to run the show. One that's competent, that is. I like what I see from Canada.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 7:31 pm

everybody have been saying the right words now its down to the contract and money guess its what Art ll wants to spend and how much Ben wants.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 9:50 pm

mark my words..we will be eating 5-6 million a year Ben dead cap money until 2025.

Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 2893009358 < -----dead cap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021     Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Plans to Play in 2021
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: