Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homewith the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 5:18 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

oops i meant Neal..lorenzo neal...late round prospect.

Ah, ok, that fat kid. Yeah, definitely a project guy. I would say for him it's a question of him converting some of that chunk to muscle. He's athletic and knows how to use his weight to his advantage. At the next level, he'll need to be strong.

how about the other TE from OSU ? luke farrell....untested really as a pass catcher, but is considered a good blocker. maybe a mark bruener type. projects as a late rounder

Quote :
  PROS (+): He's tough as hell as a blocker and he did show the ability to rumble through high tackle challenges (Michigan State 2019) as well. He appears ot have requisite athleticism — although I wouldn't consider him a twitchy athlete or someone who will shine in vertical route stems. The few opportunities you got to gauge his hands didn't appear to show difficulties with addressing the football. I love the fact that he's embraced a "dirty work" role within the offense — he appears to be selfless and showed genuine excitement for his fellow TE Jeremy Ruckert on several scoring catches this year. Everyone needs role players and Farrell, with his run blocking and screen blocking prowess, has a role to play.

CONS (—): Marginal role in the passing game and comes from an offense that has been unkind to TE projections in recent years. Farrell is more of a possession type player and his ceiling in run after catch scenarios is marginal at best. He's shown good concentration on targets over the middle of the field but separation is not an area where he's routinely shown success and I'm not sure how well he will create separation against pro defenders early on since he's largely just ran into voids in the MOF or into the flat on routes. Probably will fare better as a traditional TE2, although he's spent a lot of his time in the OSU offense flexed and detached from the formation, which may lead to a gradual transition.

I love the toughness of Luke Farrell and he's a very aggressive blocker. OSU just hasn't utilized the TE position as receivers lately and with Ruckert being a decent receiver, Farrell was way under-utilized in the passing game. Here's my take: if Farrell can catch or you make him being a receiver your project, then great, take him in the later rounds (6th?). If you don't think he's much of a receiver and his true value is as a blocker, I'd pass only because a TE that has no real threat of catching a pass doesn't fit in today's NFL that well (might as well use a tackle like Hawkins as an extra TE). Your comparison to Bruener is spot on. However, Bruener was actually a good receiver, but the Steelers didn't utilize that part of his game ... for shame!!!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Mel Kiper has us going OLB in the first.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/26/steelers-2021-nfl-draft-zaven-collins/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 5:42 pm

When has Mel Kiper been right?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 6:44 pm

@jak341 wrote:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/26/steelers-2021-nfl-draft-zaven-collins/
zaven collins could play inside or outside Lb. he is 260 lbs with great speed for his size ,and can run sideline to sideline. he a can run with TE's. he would be a huge upgrade over VW or spillane. i wouldn't be mad at the pick. i think he would be better value than any of the tackles that might be available at 24.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 1:09 am

@jak341 wrote:

zaven collins could play inside or outside Lb. he is 260 lbs with great speed for his size ,and can run sideline to sideline. he a can run with TE's. he would be a huge upgrade over VW or spillane. i wouldn't be mad at the pick. i think he would be better value than any of the tackles that might be available at 24.

Adding an athletic ILB to compliment Bush would be quite nice. VW could still play against the run, and Spillane could give Bush a break here and there. But to have athleticism at both ILB spots would be nice.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 1:17 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Adding an athletic ILB to compliment Bush would be quite nice. VW could still play against the run, and Spillane could give Bush a break here and there. But to have athleticism at both ILB spots would be nice.
personally i thought VW played the run very poorly this year. did you miss the snaps i put up in a game thread where VW had an easy shot at a RB for a loss and he let the guy run right by him ? let me refresh your memory with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 1797695198
i mean how do you miss this tackle ?   was there an invisible fullback blocking VW  with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 2829330259  maybe he should have just layed down in front of the guy, he might have tripped over him.
cut VW and save 4 million on the cap. grab this guy and paddy fisher in the 6th or 7th. paddy would be our new tyler matokovich.

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 Wiff110
with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 Wiff210

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 1:34 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

personally i thought VW played the run very poorly this year. did you miss the snaps i put up in a game thread where VW had an easy shot at a RB for a loss and he let the guy run right by him ? let me refresh your memory with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 1797695198
i mean how do you miss this tackle ? maybe he should have just layed down in front of the guy, he might have tripped over him. was there an invisible fullback blocking VW  with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 2829330259

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 Wiff110
with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 Wiff210

You win some you lose some, generally he's usually decent against the run and the knock against him is his coverage skills (or lack thereof). I think he offers quality veteran depth and some leadership, but we need someone more athletic. In a pass-happy league we need ILBs that can run sideline-to-sideline and cover TEs. We have that with Bush, but the rest of the ILBs aren't guys you really want as full time starters.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 1:43 am

depth at 8 million dollars on a cash strapped team ?

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 2:32 am

depth at 8 million dollars on a cash strapped team ?

Good point. I tend to forgot about the cap part of things, but you're pretty sharp in that area MoP.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 3:35 am

With the 24th pick of the 2021 draft the Steelers take:

Bobby Boucher ILB/Waterboy with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 3798349058

SUPERBOWL

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 4:37 am

@solardave wrote:

Bobby Boucher ILB/Waterboy with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 3798349058

SUPERBOWL

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 Giphy

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 4:49 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

SUPERBOWL

You doing alright Buddy?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 5:02 am

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

SUPERBOWL

You doing alright Buddy?

Who me? Or are you quoting a line from the movie I can't remember? lol

If you're asking me I'm doing fine enough, been up-and-down sick since this last weekend with stomach cramps, nausea, fatigue, headaches, and "restroom" issues. Going to hit up Test Iowa after work this morning just as a precautionary measure to get COVID tested, I think I have just had a stomach bug. Todays the first day that my stomach really let up but I still feel tired and weaker than normal. Guess we'll see. How about you?

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 9:50 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

SUPERBOWL

You doing alright Buddy?

Who me? Or are you quoting a line from the movie I can't remember? lol

If you're asking me I'm doing fine enough, been up-and-down sick since this last weekend with stomach cramps, nausea, fatigue, headaches, and "restroom" issues. Going to hit up Test Iowa after work this morning just as a precautionary measure to get COVID tested, I think I have just had a stomach bug. Todays the first day that my stomach really let up but I still feel tired and weaker than normal. Guess we'll see. How about you?

I'm doing good. If you test positive for Covid ask your DR for Hydroxychloroquine.It'll knock that shit right out.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 12:50 am

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 512807920  SUPER SPREADER ALERT  !!!  everybody log off and stay away from Iowa's post .. with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 611739232
well the good news is , the yearly flu has been eradicated.
covid death ----->   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 1883569342

bend over Iowa ... with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 3579401738 ...coming to a doctor near you
Quote :
China using anal swabs to detect COVID-19: report
https://nypost.com/2021/01/26/china-using-anal-swabs-to-detect-covid-19-report/

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 210
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 2:10 am

Still laughing at those emojis.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 am

@solardave wrote:

SUPERBOWL
and we need this guy

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 7:00 am

bend over Iowa ... with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 3579401738 ...coming to a doctor near you
Quote :
China using anal swabs to detect COVID-19: report
https://nypost.com/2021/01/26/china-using-anal-swabs-to-detect-covid-19-report/

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 11:11 am

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_utagH5T32k36h7Ez3SAGjcC2ydDcQ03Qug&usqp=CAU

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 11:18 am

take one for the covid... 1.. 2.. 3.. break.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 1:59 pm

If you would have told me in Jan. 2020 that the Steelers had an early playoff exit, I would have said OK and that was believable.

If you would have told me in Jan. 2020 that we were talking about Chinese anal swabs in a global pandemic, I may have questioned your sanity. Yet, here we are.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 2:21 pm

@Great Randino wrote:

NEVER but that doesn't stop him. with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 4:56 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

NEVER but that doesn't stop him. with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 1797695198

Damn you Kiper! I was hyping that guy as a great 1st round pick. Now it ain't gonna happen because you opened your big mouth!

But I take solace knowing Collins spent a ton of time at ILB and my entire line of taking him early was to put him in the middle (although he is good coming off the edge). So calling him an edge rusher makes you wrong, Mel!

Hell, they aren't going to pick an edge guy in the 1st, with all the gaps they have on this team. If they want to go with an edge rusher and pick him up cheap (3rd or so), meet Bud Dupree's clone: Carlos "Boogie" Basham Jr ...

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 4:31 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

Damn you Kiper! I was hyping that guy as a great 1st round pick. Now it ain't gonna happen because you opened your big mouth!

But I take solace knowing Collins spent a ton of time at ILB and my entire line of taking him early was to put him in the middle (although he is good coming off the edge). So calling him an edge rusher makes you wrong, Mel!

Hell, they aren't going to pick an edge guy in the 1st, with all the gaps they have on this team. If they want to go with an edge rusher and pick him up cheap (3rd or so), meet Bud Dupree's clone: Carlos "Boogie" Basham Jr ...

If we pick Basham Jr hopefully he won't take 4 years to develop.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 am

@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

If we pick Basham Jr hopefully he won't take 4 years to develop.

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 1664291743

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: