Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homewith the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 12:14 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
When has Mel Kiper been right?  

NEVER but that doesn't stop him. with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 1797695198

Damn you Kiper! I was hyping that guy as a great 1st round pick. Now it ain't gonna happen because you opened your big mouth!

But I take solace knowing Collins spent a ton of time at ILB and my entire line of taking him early was to put him in the middle (although he is good coming off the edge). So calling him an edge rusher makes you wrong, Mel!

Hell, they aren't going to pick an edge guy in the 1st, with all the gaps they have on this team. If they want to go with an edge rusher and pick him up cheap (3rd or so), meet Bud Dupree's clone: Carlos "Boogie" Basham Jr ...

as far as him being an edge rusher, i don't recall an instance in the highlight videos of his sacks where he actually fought through a block to make the sack. he pretty much came off the edge unchallenged every time. either way his versatility makes him more appealing. i said in another post , i think at the 24th pick he has more value than any of the oline prospects that may be available if the mocks and rankings are somewhat accurate. i do think oline is the bigger need , but passing up on potentially a franchise linebacker to reach for an olinemen would be a bad idea. either go for the value or trade back and get the olinemen.
buy the way , i have read leatherwood has not looked good at the senior bowl , but creed humpfrey is in beast mode. maybe we get pounceys replacement first ?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 12:26 pm

Quote :
Winner: Quinn Meinerz

No one was a bigger winner today than Wisconsin-Whitewater center/guard Quinn Meinerz. A Division III player, Meinerz came into the Senior Bowl with the opportunity to set his stock. In the past, Ali Marpet, Alex Cappa, and last year, Ben Bartch, all made claims and raised their stock as a result of their week in Mobile. Meinerz is doing the same.

At Wisconsin-Whitewater, Meinerz mauled defenders like it was nothing. It turns out that it is translating to the Senior Bowl. Meinerz threw Patrick Jones into the turf in the one-on-ones, mauled Osa Odighizuwa in the team session into the dirt, and otherwise a massive barrier. Meinerz lost maybe once the entire day in one-on-ones and was the best offensive lineman on the National squad today. In addition, he is getting great experience at center and showing he can do it at a high level. He is elevating himself into a Top-100 pick.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 1:02 pm

Steelers do draft a QB a QB for the offensive line in Oklahoma Center 6'5" 325lbs Creed Humprhey with their first round pick

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 1:17 pm

@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
When has Mel Kiper been right?  

NEVER but that doesn't stop him. with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 1797695198

Damn you Kiper! I was hyping that guy as a great 1st round pick. Now it ain't gonna happen because you opened your big mouth!

But I take solace knowing Collins spent a ton of time at ILB and my entire line of taking him early was to put him in the middle (although he is good coming off the edge). So calling him an edge rusher makes you wrong, Mel!

Hell, they aren't going to pick an edge guy in the 1st, with all the gaps they have on this team. If they want to go with an edge rusher and pick him up cheap (3rd or so), meet Bud Dupree's clone: Carlos "Boogie" Basham Jr ...

If we pick Basham Jr hopefully he won't take 4 years to develop.

Notice the first year after a certain OLB coach left the Steelers, Dupree exploded. I don't think getting value out of that position will be an issue. with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 1401235891
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 1:28 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

buy the way , i have read leatherwood has not looked good at the senior bowl , but creed humpfrey is in beast mode. maybe we get pounceys replacement first ?

Sucks for Leatherwood.  He can't play poorly in the last meaningful contact before being drafted. Haven't heard of his poor performance and wouldn't feel bad if the Steelers take him. He was the Outland Trophy winner for a reason. with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 2:43 pm

of course one day of senior bowl practice can't over ride a season of game film.

Quote :
Usually a mainstay at Senior Bowl practices, Mike Tomlin wasn’t spotted at Wednesday’s practice in Mobile. The Steelers’ contingent was reduced because of COVID-19 protocols, but GM Kevin Colbert was there along with a handful of scouts.
— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) January 27, 2021

Quote :
Winner: Creed Humphrey

One of the biggest, if not the biggest winner of the day was Oklahoma’s, Creed Humphrey. Vying for the top center spot in the 2021 NFL Draft, Humphrey put on a show on Tuesday. In one-on-ones, Humphrey stonewalled everyone he faced on the day. Top defensive lineman Levi Onwuzurike was forced completely into the left guard after Humphrey overpowered him. It was a dominant performance. In the team session, Humphrey executed excellent reach blocks and appeared comfortable moving laterally. He is not the best athlete, but it certainly seems he is more than functionally fine. Humphrey will make some team happy once drafted, and it could be Pittsburgh.

Quote :
Loser: Alex Leatherwood

Leatherwood is a tough evaluation. There were some obvious issues that would plague him regardless. A good weigh-in showing that Leatherwood had 34-inch arms meant that length was not an issue. However, in one-on-ones, Leatherwood was beaten multiple times. He was lunging forward, got ran through due to high pad level, and his hand usage was erratic and inconsistent. Leatherwood appeared stiff in his lower half, which was always shown on tape. The point is he looked more like a guard than a tackle on Tuesday. That will be a discussion to revisit this entire draft season, and today only fueled those flames.
Quote :

Winner: Dillon Radunz

The North Dakota State tackle only played one game over the past year, but there was no rust on Tuesday. Radunz appeared to be right where he belongs. Strong hands, nimble feet, and smooth movement in the open were all on display in both the one-on-ones and the team session. Radunz cleared out an entire side on a zone run in the team session. In one-on-ones, Radunz stymied most of his opponents’ thanks to his athleticism and patience. After his hype had cooled off during the fall, he is doing a nice job to raise it once again.

Quote :
Loser: Deonte Brown

Another surprise, Brown appeared overpowered and unsure of himself all day. Brown’s anchor was inconsistent and he played with poor pad level in the entire one-on-one period. There were flashes on tape where he could get stunned, but never anything that substantial as it was on Tuesday. That being said, his tape at Alabama was impressive and he was learning center from former teammate Landon Dickerson. There are some positives for Brown, but he will want to improve throughout the week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..   with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select.. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

with the 24th pick of the NFL draft the steelers select..
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: