Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeFichtner is gone Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Fichtner is gone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Great Randino



Posts : 784
Join date : 2018-08-31

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 pm

Steelers let Fichtner go, and also line coach Sarret, as well as DB coach Bradley.

Bradly was a surprise to me. Other two, definitely NOT a surprise.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1609
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 1:27 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Steelers let Fichtner go, and also line coach Sarret, as well as DB coach Bradley.

Bradly was a surprise to me.  Other two, definitely NOT a surprise.

Agreed about Bradly as I thought the secondary was doing well under him. Maybe Austin is the guy or they just plain want someone new. Or maybe Tomlin should just do that job  Fichtner is gone 1549491426

Offensively, the Rooneys probably told Tomlin they want more out of the run game. That isn't what Fichtner was doing and Sarret might have been the wrong choice to replace Munch.

What I really wonder, based on these moves, is Ben coming back. Do you take a 39 year old QB and change the offense? If Ben's out, then Pouncey is gone. AV will be gone. You don't have the RBs that a team would covet. This could turn into a rebuild pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5069
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 2:09 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
Steelers let Fichtner go, and also line coach Sarret, as well as DB coach Bradley.

Bradly was a surprise to me.  Other two, definitely NOT a surprise.

Agreed about Bradly as I thought the secondary was doing well under him. Maybe Austin is the guy or they just plain want someone new. Or maybe Tomlin should just do that job  Fichtner is gone 1549491426

Offensively, the Rooneys probably told Tomlin they want more out of the run game. That isn't what Fichtner was doing and Sarret might have been the wrong choice to replace Munch.

What I really wonder, based on these moves, is Ben coming back. Do you take a 39 year old QB and change the offense? If Ben's out, then Pouncey is gone. AV will be gone. You don't have the RBs that a team would covet. This could turn into a rebuild pretty quick.

I agree that this is probably the start of a rebuild. Even with a 17 game season I don't see the cap staying the same much less going up. I think it drops and we end up with a fire sale of free agents looking to get paid. I think Ben,Pouncey,AV, Dupre,and Connor are all gone.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 784
Join date : 2018-08-31

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 2:41 pm

@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
Steelers let Fichtner go, and also line coach Sarret, as well as DB coach Bradley.

Bradly was a surprise to me.  Other two, definitely NOT a surprise.

Agreed about Bradly as I thought the secondary was doing well under him. Maybe Austin is the guy or they just plain want someone new. Or maybe Tomlin should just do that job  Fichtner is gone 1549491426

Offensively, the Rooneys probably told Tomlin they want more out of the run game. That isn't what Fichtner was doing and Sarret might have been the wrong choice to replace Munch.

What I really wonder, based on these moves, is Ben coming back. Do you take a 39 year old QB and change the offense? If Ben's out, then Pouncey is gone. AV will be gone. You don't have the RBs that a team would covet. This could turn into a rebuild pretty quick.

I agree that this is probably the start of a rebuild. Even with a 17 game season I don't see the cap staying the same much less going up. I think it drops and we end up with a fire sale of free agents looking to get paid. I think Ben,Pouncey,AV, Dupre,and Connor are all gone.

I really like AV from a personal standpoint, but yeah, I think he's gone too. Only one I'd really like to keep is Conner. I don't see us paying him what he's going to be able to make elsewhere, and he's just not durable enough to command top dollar.

I think Ben should retire - but Tons of respect for him for all he's brought to our Steelers over the years. We'd have never won the last two rings without him. Greatest Steelers QB ever (sorry Bradshaw).
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1609
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 2:58 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
Steelers let Fichtner go, and also line coach Sarret, as well as DB coach Bradley.

Bradly was a surprise to me.  Other two, definitely NOT a surprise.

Agreed about Bradly as I thought the secondary was doing well under him. Maybe Austin is the guy or they just plain want someone new. Or maybe Tomlin should just do that job  Fichtner is gone 1549491426

Offensively, the Rooneys probably told Tomlin they want more out of the run game. That isn't what Fichtner was doing and Sarret might have been the wrong choice to replace Munch.

What I really wonder, based on these moves, is Ben coming back. Do you take a 39 year old QB and change the offense? If Ben's out, then Pouncey is gone. AV will be gone. You don't have the RBs that a team would covet. This could turn into a rebuild pretty quick.

I agree that this is probably the start of a rebuild. Even with a 17 game season I don't see the cap staying the same much less going up. I think it drops and we end up with a fire sale of free agents looking to get paid. I think Ben,Pouncey,AV, Dupre,and Connor are all gone.

I really like AV from a personal standpoint, but yeah, I think he's gone too.  Only one I'd really like to keep is Conner.  I don't see us paying him what he's going to be able to make elsewhere, and he's just not durable enough to command top dollar.

I think Ben should retire - but Tons of respect for him for all he's brought to our Steelers over the years.  We'd have never won the last two rings without him.  Greatest Steelers QB ever (sorry Bradshaw).

I like what Connor brings as well. But if I had to choose one FA to keep, it probably would be Feiler, with Hilton and Sutton close 2nds. But Feiler, with his ability to move between T and G at a starting level of play, isn't easily replaced.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1333
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 pm

Today was a good day. Fitchner gone... made my morning.

Master_Of_Puppets and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4357
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Fichtner is gone Giphy

Bye Randy!

_________________
Fichtner is gone PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

Master_Of_Puppets and kirklandrules like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1515
Join date : 2011-04-08

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 5:52 pm

Fichtner is gone 2335737994 Fichtner is gone 3056903510 Fichtner is gone 792589548 Fichtner is gone 98245350 Fichtner is gone 59467727 Fichtner is gone 312048480 Fichtner is gone 2063091802
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Posts : 697
Join date : 2015-09-11

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 5:58 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
Steelers let Fichtner go, and also line coach Sarret, as well as DB coach Bradley.

Bradly was a surprise to me.  Other two, definitely NOT a surprise.

Agreed about Bradly as I thought the secondary was doing well under him. Maybe Austin is the guy or they just plain want someone new. Or maybe Tomlin should just do that job  Fichtner is gone 1549491426

Offensively, the Rooneys probably told Tomlin they want more out of the run game. That isn't what Fichtner was doing and Sarret might have been the wrong choice to replace Munch.

What I really wonder, based on these moves, is Ben coming back. Do you take a 39 year old QB and change the offense? If Ben's out, then Pouncey is gone. AV will be gone. You don't have the RBs that a team would covet. This could turn into a rebuild pretty quick.

Idk. If Pouncey is indeed retiring then I think Ben may follow him, they've always said they would go out together. Maybe he should retire and they could make him the OC 😋
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1333
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 9:03 pm

Pouncey needs to retire he was one of the major reasons there was zero run game this year.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1515
Join date : 2011-04-08

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 11:13 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Pouncey needs to retire he was one of the major reasons there was zero run game this year.
Decastro wasn't to good himself. could be lingering injuries, could be from playing beside pouncey. but he was still really bad. the only reason im hopeful decastro may return to form is because of last year. i dont recall decastro being that bad but i do recall pouncey being bad.
if there was ever any doubt about the pro bowl being a joke....decastro and pouncey were selected ... Fichtner is gone 1549491426

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5069
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 3:25 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Pouncey needs to retire he was one of the major reasons there was zero run game this year.
Decastro wasn't to good himself. could be lingering injuries, could be from playing beside pouncey. but he was still really bad. the only reason im hopeful decastro may return to form is because of last year. i dont recall decastro being that bad but i do recall pouncey being bad.
if there was ever any doubt about the pro bowl being a joke....decastro and pouncey were selected ... Fichtner is gone 1549491426

Hell man I think I made the pro bowl this year. Fichtner is gone 2573146105 you all better check your emails.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1333
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 11:52 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Pouncey needs to retire he was one of the major reasons there was zero run game this year.
Decastro wasn't to good himself. could be lingering injuries, could be from playing beside pouncey. but he was still really bad. the only reason im hopeful decastro may return to form is because of last year. i dont recall decastro being that bad but i do recall pouncey being bad.
if there was ever any doubt about the pro bowl being a joke....decastro and pouncey were selected ... Fichtner is gone 1549491426

Yeah it's hard to say with Decastro. What I do know is that when Decastro was out and Dotson filled in for him Dotson gave our runners a hell of a lot more options when they ran his way. Dotson was getting tremendous push off the line and winning his battles. Hoping if they get a stud Center in the draft or a FA that it will elevate Decastro's play.

I would rather they cut him and get another RG but they won't. Or tell him to take a pay cut and there will be a battle for his spot come training camp.

First 5 picks would be all on the trench warriors both O and D.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1609
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 12:47 pm

Not sure what they are doing with their players, but the coaching staff could be in the midst of a rebuild. The TE coach, Daniels, retired. Canada is interviewing for the Miami OC position. Assistant secondary coach, Austin, is interviewing for the Titans' DC position. I also heard on Steelers Nation Radio that Butler is returning, but his capacity going forward is unknown. I doubt Canada and Austin both land those jobs. Maybe Canada becomes the Steelers OC, but who knows.

More than anything, I think the Rooneys/front office need to ensure there's a coaching staff in place that can get the team to finish. No more late season let downs ... this team has a trend of losing when December rolls around. I'll continue to maintain my view that the issues the Steelers had were not scheme.  Getting your team prepared to play is a key component coaches have to find success in. Tomlin, although I like what he's done generally, has been the head coach of this team in which year after year they shit the bed at or after the halfway mark. Cowher struggled to get past the AFC Championship game (I think he was 1-4). This is worse because Tomlin isn't getting deep into the playoffs. Let's see if we can spell this correctly: H-O-T-S-E-A-T Fichtner is gone 2306309830

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1609
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 12:57 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Pouncey needs to retire he was one of the major reasons there was zero run game this year.
Decastro wasn't to good himself. could be lingering injuries, could be from playing beside pouncey. but he was still really bad. the only reason im hopeful decastro may return to form is because of last year. i dont recall decastro being that bad but i do recall pouncey being bad.
if there was ever any doubt about the pro bowl being a joke....decastro and pouncey were selected ... Fichtner is gone 1549491426

Yeah it's  hard to say with Decastro. What I do know is that when Decastro was out and Dotson filled in for him Dotson gave our runners a hell of a lot more options when they ran his way. Dotson was getting tremendous push off the line and winning his battles. Hoping if they get a stud Center in the draft or a FA that it will elevate Decastro's play.

I would rather they cut him and get another RG but they won't. Or tell him to take a pay cut and there will be a battle for his spot come training camp.

First 5 picks  would be all on the trench warriors both O and D.

If DeCastro's issue was related to a nagging injury, next year may be a redemption opportunity for him. I don't think the Steelers go through a total renovation of their O-line. I'd resign Feiler to starter money, move his to LT; Dotson at LG; DeCastro at RG; Banner at RT; sign/draft a C (unless they really think Hassenauer is that guy); Chuks can be the swing tackle and you have Hawkins as that next guy who could step in where needed (not sure he can play G); draft a G for depth.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5069
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
Not sure what they are doing with their players, but the coaching staff could be in the midst of a rebuild. The TE coach, Daniels, retired. Canada is interviewing for the Miami OC position. Assistant secondary coach, Austin, is interviewing for the Titans' DC position. I also heard on Steelers Nation Radio that Butler is returning, but his capacity going forward is unknown. I doubt Canada and Austin both land those jobs. Maybe Canada becomes the Steelers OC, but who knows.

More than anything, I think the Rooneys/front office need to ensure there's a coaching staff in place that can get the team to finish. No more late season let downs ... this team has a trend of losing when December rolls around. I'll continue to maintain my view that the issues the Steelers had were not scheme.  Getting your team prepared to play is a key component coaches have to find success in. Tomlin, although I like what he's done generally, has been the head coach of this team in which year after year they shit the bed at or after the halfway mark. Cowher struggled to get past the AFC Championship game (I think he was 1-4). This is worse because Tomlin isn't getting deep into the playoffs. Let's see if we can spell this correctly: H-O-T-S-E-A-T Fichtner is gone 2306309830

I see Tomlin as the modern day Marty Schottenheimer. Pretty good season record and diddly in the playoffs.

Master_Of_Puppets and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Fichtner is gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fichtner is gone   Fichtner is gone Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Fichtner is gone
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: