Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
Homewhat to expect from Canada's offense Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 what to expect from Canada's offense

Go down 
+2
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-04-08

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 3:51 am

https://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-football/2018/1/24/16926344/matt-canada-offense-film-review-pitt-clemson

Quote :
Canada’s offense is as simple as it looks complicated. On the one hand, many of the trademark pre-snap shifts and motions appear to be just for show, as the plays that follow are often far less exotic than his offense’s pre-play routines: off tackle runs, zone runs, play action passes. It’s because of those pre-snap movements that those otherwise simple plays are so effective. The offensive players know where they’re going, and the defense has to react to every confusing movement. It allows his teams to punch above their weight, and why he was able to take a 5-4 Pittsburgh team to Clemson and beat the 9-0 eventual national champion Tigers.

There are many more spread offense components to Canada’s scheme than its “pro-style spread” moniker would indicate. While the pre-snap motions are often confusing, there are a few staples. Each has its “normal” A-to-B movement, but can also be modified as the game goes on to further confuse a defense that thinks it’s seen that one before. Sometimes it’s just one motion, sometimes it’s a combination of two or three, and sometimes almost the entire offense changes places before the ball is snapped. All in the name of getting as many offensive hats to the point of attack as possible and identifying a man or zone defense.

now we know where the jet sweep came from. funny that i am reading this now. arthur moats in one of his breakdowns on the steelers running game issues said that at the beginning of the year when they had some success running they were doing a lot of motion and shifts then they got away from it.

what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_
what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_
what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_
what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5331
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 6:48 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
https://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-football/2018/1/24/16926344/matt-canada-offense-film-review-pitt-clemson

Quote :
Canada’s offense is as simple as it looks complicated. On the one hand, many of the trademark pre-snap shifts and motions appear to be just for show, as the plays that follow are often far less exotic than his offense’s pre-play routines: off tackle runs, zone runs, play action passes. It’s because of those pre-snap movements that those otherwise simple plays are so effective. The offensive players know where they’re going, and the defense has to react to every confusing movement. It allows his teams to punch above their weight, and why he was able to take a 5-4 Pittsburgh team to Clemson and beat the 9-0 eventual national champion Tigers.

There are many more spread offense components to Canada’s scheme than its “pro-style spread” moniker would indicate. While the pre-snap motions are often confusing, there are a few staples. Each has its “normal” A-to-B movement, but can also be modified as the game goes on to further confuse a defense that thinks it’s seen that one before. Sometimes it’s just one motion, sometimes it’s a combination of two or three, and sometimes almost the entire offense changes places before the ball is snapped. All in the name of getting as many offensive hats to the point of attack as possible and identifying a man or zone defense.

now we know where the jet sweep came from. funny that i am reading this now. arthur moats in one of his breakdowns on the steelers running game issues said that at the beginning of the year when they had some success running they were doing a lot of motion and shifts then they got away from it.

what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_
what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_
what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_
what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_

Time will tell. At least if Ben plays next year he will be familiar with his offense. If it's Rudolph he's had a year to get up to speed. Honestly I'm on the fence here. If Canada can make in game adjustments he'll be light years ahead of Fitchner anyway you slice it. What I'm saying is I don't think we should fire him yet.what to expect from Canada's offense 1647293567

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-04-08

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 9:18 am

@solardave wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
https://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-football/2018/1/24/16926344/matt-canada-offense-film-review-pitt-clemson

Quote :
Canada’s offense is as simple as it looks complicated. On the one hand, many of the trademark pre-snap shifts and motions appear to be just for show, as the plays that follow are often far less exotic than his offense’s pre-play routines: off tackle runs, zone runs, play action passes. It’s because of those pre-snap movements that those otherwise simple plays are so effective. The offensive players know where they’re going, and the defense has to react to every confusing movement. It allows his teams to punch above their weight, and why he was able to take a 5-4 Pittsburgh team to Clemson and beat the 9-0 eventual national champion Tigers.

There are many more spread offense components to Canada’s scheme than its “pro-style spread” moniker would indicate. While the pre-snap motions are often confusing, there are a few staples. Each has its “normal” A-to-B movement, but can also be modified as the game goes on to further confuse a defense that thinks it’s seen that one before. Sometimes it’s just one motion, sometimes it’s a combination of two or three, and sometimes almost the entire offense changes places before the ball is snapped. All in the name of getting as many offensive hats to the point of attack as possible and identifying a man or zone defense.

now we know where the jet sweep came from. funny that i am reading this now. arthur moats in one of his breakdowns on the steelers running game issues said that at the beginning of the year when they had some success running they were doing a lot of motion and shifts then they got away from it.

]

Time will tell. At least if Ben plays next year he will be familiar with his offense. If it's Rudolph he's had a year to get up to speed. Honestly I'm on the fence here. If Canada can make in game adjustments he'll be light years ahead of Fitchner anyway you slice it. What I'm saying is I don't think we should fire him yet.what to expect from Canada's offense 1647293567  

Canada cant be any worse than Fichtner..he may not be an improvement , but he can't be worse. Fichtner ranks up there with ron earhardt in my opinion as the worst OC's in my 45 years or so as a steeler fan.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4572
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 1:15 pm

l hope Ben doesn't come back then it's back to plays Ben likes and wants to run... maybe the Steelers offense didn't do in game adjustment and it wasn't the offensive coordinators?

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 1:47 pm

I hope Ben hangs it up. He doesn't have it anymore to get them to the SB the last 6 games of the season were proof of that. Even if they fix the O-line issues and get a running game going I dont see Ben getting it done.

Get Canada someone he can work with lets see what he can do with Rudolph, Darnold, Haskins, Rosen... there are some good QBs out there that landed on shitty teams because of the draft. Give them a shot to fight for the #1 spot in camp.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4572
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 1:52 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
https://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-football/2018/1/24/16926344/matt-canada-offense-film-review-pitt-clemson

Quote :
Canada’s offense is as simple as it looks complicated. On the one hand, many of the trademark pre-snap shifts and motions appear to be just for show, as the plays that follow are often far less exotic than his offense’s pre-play routines: off tackle runs, zone runs, play action passes. It’s because of those pre-snap movements that those otherwise simple plays are so effective. The offensive players know where they’re going, and the defense has to react to every confusing movement. It allows his teams to punch above their weight, and why he was able to take a 5-4 Pittsburgh team to Clemson and beat the 9-0 eventual national champion Tigers.

There are many more spread offense components to Canada’s scheme than its “pro-style spread” moniker would indicate. While the pre-snap motions are often confusing, there are a few staples. Each has its “normal” A-to-B movement, but can also be modified as the game goes on to further confuse a defense that thinks it’s seen that one before. Sometimes it’s just one motion, sometimes it’s a combination of two or three, and sometimes almost the entire offense changes places before the ball is snapped. All in the name of getting as many offensive hats to the point of attack as possible and identifying a man or zone defense.

now we know where the jet sweep came from. funny that i am reading this now. arthur moats in one of his breakdowns on the steelers running game issues said that at the beginning of the year when they had some success running they were doing a lot of motion and shifts then they got away from it.

what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_
what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_
what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_
what to expect from Canada's offense Large_GIF__848x474_

Time will tell. At least if Ben plays next year he will be familiar with his offense. If it's Rudolph he's had a year to get up to speed. Honestly I'm on the fence here. If Canada can make in game adjustments he'll be light years ahead of Fitchner anyway you slice it. What I'm saying is I don't think we should fire him yet.what to expect from Canada's offense 1647293567  

l like the back and forth motion l think it help a young QB read the defense a little better. get the play in quick motion a WR over and get some gatorade. what l like is it's a simple offense with adjustable motions. it's kind of like the 70s Cowboys offense but in todays game you got RPO crossers back shoulder passes and what not. in todays training camp and in season practices keeping it simple might be a good ideal. it not how many different plays your offense can run it how many plays your offense can run really well. time will tell.

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-04-08

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 2:06 am

i like the last play how many times they make the defense adjust. especially the linebackers having to keep changing which way the tackles stunt. tou see em walk up and tap the DT's ass ? thats them telling the tackles which gap to hit.

kirklandrules likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5331
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 3:27 am

It's official:

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-expected-to-make-matt-canada-new-offensive-coordinator

Now we need a QB coach.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 3609
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 2:31 pm

Good article about Ray Ray, but it also seems to say what we're going to see from Canada's office. Hint: lots of jet sweeps.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/3/12/22324342/the-steelers-re-signing-ray-ray-mccloud-is-about-more-than-filling-a-special-teams-need-matt-canada
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Welp the resigned BJ Finney to a 1 year deal.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-04-08

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 3:30 pm

a lot of people suspected derek watt may end up on the cutting board because of his high salary compared to his amount of use. well he didnt get cut and i suspect watt will be on the field a lot more this year. Canada , at least in college actually did use his fullbacks often in college and not just for blocking. (there is a TE coming out of SMU named kylen granson that is 6' 2" , 240lbs. he was their swiss army knife they lined up all over the field. even the slot and backfield. he would be perfect H-Back for canada's offense.)

this was a common formation he used.

what to expect from Canada's offense Full10

he also loves the shuttle pass. george aston probably has the NCAA record for most caught shuttle passes.  what to expect from Canada's offense 2087824411


what to expect from Canada's offense Full310
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 3:08 pm

Watt is a good FB that Fitchner wasted. He never utilized Watt for his strengths. Another reason I am ecstatic that Fitchner is gone. He was Bens lap dog and he couldn't adjust to in game situations for shit.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-04-08

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 6:42 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Watt is a good FB that Fitchner wasted. He never utilized Watt for his strengths. Another reason I am ecstatic that Fitchner is gone. He was Bens lap dog and he couldn't adjust to in game situations for shit.
derek watt was in on 52 offensive snaps out of 1100. 4.73 % ...he was one hella expensive special team player. i said on here when they signed watt , he would only be worth it if they actually put him on the field. i also predicted he would not be used to justify that contract... No

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2020-snap-counts.htm
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 1012
Join date : 2018-08-31

what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 7:39 pm

I think Canada will utilize him and I think he will do well. A shame Fichtner wasted a year of his talents (ala SteelerFreak, you nailed it).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




what to expect from Canada's offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to expect from Canada's offense   what to expect from Canada's offense Empty

Back to top Go down
 
what to expect from Canada's offense
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: