Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeMaurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires

Go down 
+4
Wallace108
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
jak341
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Posts : 3594
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 10:31 am

Both Maurkice and Mike are retiring.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30886820/pittsburgh-steelers-c-maurkice-pouncey-twin-brother-mike-pouncey-los-angeles-chargers-retire
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1252
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 10:53 am

Good luck and much success to Maurkice (and Mike) with whatever he wants to do now in life!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 11:04 am

He was a great center for the team and organization. Hopefully we find a solid replacement!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 18170
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 11:05 am

No super bowls for Pouncey. Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  1620455514

_________________
Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Great Randino



Posts : 938
Join date : 2018-08-31

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 11:09 am

Thank you Markice Pouncey for giving us so many great years! We 'Burgh fans are deeply appreciative! Good luck to you and your brother in your next step in life!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1799
Join date : 2011-04-08

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 2:00 pm

lets just hope tomlin doesn't bring in another sean mahan ... Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  190127080 ...possibly the worst free agent signing under tomlin. they have brought in other turds over the years , but mahan got way too much playing time to confirm how much he sucked when he was with tampa.

well one down and 2 more to go. i was hoping for a group retirement announcement with AL and decastro... No
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5257
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 2:49 pm

Good luck in the future Markice and thanks for being solid for years.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 10:37 pm

so will Ben be right behind him?

good luck in your lifes work Mr. Pouncey

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 3594
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 8:23 am

From what I've seen, Ben is planning to come back. It is not a 100% certainty though.

The question becomes: who is our starting center? Hassenauer is today. I think we're looking at a center in the draft, maybe second round.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 12:28 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
so will Ben be right behind him?

good luck in your lifes work Mr. Pouncey

I hope Ben retires. He isn't going to win a SB with his play. His numbers the last 6 years have been absolutely horrible from mid November, December, and January. He can't put this team on his back and win ballgames when it counts. He's done anyone else arguing the point he still has it in him is lying to themselves and scared to move on.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1799
Join date : 2011-04-08

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 2:49 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
so will Ben be right behind him?

good luck in your lifes work Mr. Pouncey

I hope Ben retires. He isn't going to win a SB with his play. His numbers the last 6 years have been absolutely horrible from mid November, December, and January. He can't put this team on his back and win ballgames when it counts. He's done anyone else arguing the point he still has it in him is lying to themselves and scared to move on.
that right there is the problem..he shouldnt have to put the team on his back to win games. the team as it is , is missing to many pieces to be a legit contender. i dont know if all those pieces can be filled in in one season with zero to very little room to make use of free agency help to get what is needed. under better circumstances they possibly could win with Ben as a game manager. i mean if trent dilfer can get a superbowl ring then anyone can. Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  2087824411
but i just dont think the steelers have any bullets to put in the gun to reload for another run at it with Ben. it sucks to have a defeatist attitude about it, but we got to keep it real , or we are just being setup for another disappointing season. keep ben or not keep ben i think the odds are tomlins first losing season is coming up. especially if they go to a 17 game season.

jak341 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 4:12 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
so will Ben be right behind him?

good luck in your lifes work Mr. Pouncey

I hope Ben retires. He isn't going to win a SB with his play. His numbers the last 6 years have been absolutely horrible from mid November, December, and January. He can't put this team on his back and win ballgames when it counts. He's done anyone else arguing the point he still has it in him is lying to themselves and scared to move on.
that right there is the problem..he shouldnt have to put the team on his back to win games. the team as it is , is missing to many pieces to be a legit contender. i dont know if all those pieces can be filled in in one season with zero to very little room to make use of free agency help to get what is needed. under better circumstances they possibly could win with Ben as a game manager. i mean if trent dilfer can get a superbowl ring then anyone can. Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  2087824411
but i just dont think the steelers have any bullets to put in the gun to reload for another run at it with Ben. it sucks to have a defeatist attitude about it, but we got to keep it real , or we are just being setup for another disappointing season. keep ben or not keep ben i think the odds are tomlins first losing season is coming up. especially if they go to a 17 game season.

I don't disagree with you. But Ben himself has been a major reason the team has collapsed in the late season. He has played like absolute dog shit in December and January the last 5 years or so. He has thrown way too many pics in the late season and cost the team games. His accuracy has been suspect as well. It's time we move on another year of Ben is a waste of the organizations time.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 6:55 pm

Ben has always played the clout he's had with the team, Steelers done hired an ex military QB coach he might not have the clout he once had?

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1799
Join date : 2011-04-08

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 7:27 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
so will Ben be right behind him?

good luck in your lifes work Mr. Pouncey

I hope Ben retires. He isn't going to win a SB with his play. His numbers the last 6 years have been absolutely horrible from mid November, December, and January. He can't put this team on his back and win ballgames when it counts. He's done anyone else arguing the point he still has it in him is lying to themselves and scared to move on.
that right there is the problem..he shouldnt have to put the team on his back to win games. the team as it is , is missing to many pieces to be a legit contender. i dont know if all those pieces can be filled in in one season with zero to very little room to make use of free agency help to get what is needed. under better circumstances they possibly could win with Ben as a game manager. i mean if trent dilfer can get a superbowl ring then anyone can. Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  2087824411
but i just dont think the steelers have any bullets to put in the gun to reload for another run at it with Ben. it sucks to have a defeatist attitude about it, but we got to keep it real , or we are just being setup for another disappointing season. keep ben or not keep ben i think the odds are tomlins first losing season is coming up. especially if they go to a 17 game season.

I don't disagree with you. But Ben himself has been a major reason the team has collapsed in the late season. He has played like absolute dog shit in December and January the last 5 years or so. He has thrown way too many pics in the late season and cost the team games. His accuracy has been suspect as well. It's time we move on another year of Ben is a waste of the organizations time.
and i dont disagree with what you said. but asking your qb to be mistake free throwing the ball 50 times a game is asking a bit much. nobody should be disputing Ben is not the same guy he was before. i do think they could still win with him if they could fix all the other things wrong with the team by september.
if they had a shit load of money to work with in free agency...go for it. there will be a lot of talent available because of the cap..but they won't. in a normal year the steelers never have shopping money for high end vets. this year ?...forget about it.
  my thinking i is that they cant fix it before the season starts so they might as well blow it and look towards the future. they should have a shit load of comp picks in 2023. a good place to start would be to get rid of pouncy (done) ,vince williams , decastro, ebron, haden and ben off the books for this year and dive into that high end market for 2 or 3 players. those guys alone would free up 40+ million cap space. the they have a few guys they can still restructure or extend. like minkah and nelson and tuitt. they could easily free up 50 million total. but the downside would be you would be filling up the roster with mostly young inexperienced guys. but if your looking at 2021 as a throw away rebuild / evaluation year then it doesn't matter. Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  2087824411

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires    Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires  Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: