Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
Homeif he falls to 24..... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 if he falls to 24.....

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1630
Join date : 2011-04-08

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 12:54 pm

i have seen numerous mock drafts and ran numerous simulations. of course there is a consensus about who the top guys are and most of the time  they always look pretty much the same. the  landing spot of individuals prospects change but they usually fall in the same ball park.
of course we all know every year the arrogant GM's think they know more than we fans and make mistakes and let a players fall or pick guys way  earlier than we couch GM's had them ranked ... if he falls to 24..... 2625562446
occasionally a mockster or simulator strays off the beaten path and tosses a player thats universally slotted to be selected in a certain range and kicks him down the board.
there is almost always a surprise in the 1st round that shakes up the big board. the raiders take a 3rd rounder in the first....or a team panics and reaches for a QB

a few of these are probably more realistic than others but usually all of them are off the board before 24. darrisaw and Vera-Tucker out of these are the ones that most
often are seen at 24 . parsons is haunted with off field issues which could make him slide a bit.

which one of these guys would you like to see fall to 24...who would you sprint to the podium for ? who would have the biggest impact for the steelers  in 2021 or beyond  ?

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - LB

Micah Parsons -LB

Rashod Bateman - WR

Patrick Surtain II -CB

Trey Lance-QB

Rashawn Slater - OL

Alijah Vera-Tucker -IOL

Christian Darrisaw -OT

Joseph Ossai - edge


Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1630
Join date : 2011-04-08

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 1:31 pm

Koramoah - fits what the steelers have been trying to do in sub packages , but at 217 lbs, can he be a 3 down LB in a 3-4 ? i dont think so , but he could be a swiss army knife. he could play mike hiltons role, a nickle linebacker , extra strong safety ... if he falls to 24..... 3135543967

parson - would look awesome beside bush.

batemen - would be a luxury pick IMO but perfect fit to replace JuJu and round out the receiving corp, throw him in the slot

surtain - would soften the blow of releasing hayden and hilton. day 1 starter.

lance - if he is there you almost have to take him if ben comes back or not. im a bit skeptical about him, but i wouldn't wanna be the GM who passed on him if he turns out to be the next deshawn watson.

slater - love the position flexibility. start him at center day one

vera tucker - bye bye decastro. save that CAP $ and go shopping in free agency for a RB.

darrisaw - day one starter at LT

Ossai - the competition with highsmith would be awesome. either way we need the depth.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4374
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 2:52 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Koramoah - fits what the steelers have been trying to do in sub packages , but at 217 lbs, can he be a 3 down LB in a 3-4 ? i dont think so , but he could be a swiss army knife. he could play mike hiltons role, a nickle linebacker , extra strong safety ... if he falls to 24..... 3135543967

parson - would look awesome beside bush.

batemen - would be a luxury pick IMO but perfect fit to replace JuJu and round out the receiving corp, throw him in the slot

surtain - would soften the blow of releasing hayden and hilton. day 1 starter.

lance - if he is there you almost have to take him if ben comes back or not. im a bit skeptical about him, but i wouldn't wanna be the GM who passed on him if he turns out to be the next deshawn watson.

slater - love the position flexibility. start him at center day one

vera tucker - bye bye decastro. save that CAP $ and go shopping in free agency for a RB.

darrisaw - day one starter at LT

Ossai - the competition with highsmith would be awesome. either way we need the depth.

if a day one LT falls to 24 got to pick him.

_________________
coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her. coach "hit her in the dick" if he falls to 24..... 1392824647  
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1630
Join date : 2011-04-08

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 3:02 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Koramoah - fits what the steelers have been trying to do in sub packages , but at 217 lbs, can he be a 3 down LB in a 3-4 ? i dont think so , but he could be a swiss army knife. he could play mike hiltons role, a nickle linebacker , extra strong safety ... if he falls to 24..... 3135543967

parson - would look awesome beside bush.

batemen - would be a luxury pick IMO but perfect fit to replace JuJu and round out the receiving corp, throw him in the slot

surtain - would soften the blow of releasing hayden and hilton. day 1 starter.

lance - if he is there you almost have to take him if ben comes back or not. im a bit skeptical about him, but i wouldn't wanna be the GM who passed on him if he turns out to be the next deshawn watson.

slater - love the position flexibility. start him at center day one

vera tucker - bye bye decastro. save that CAP $ and go shopping in free agency for a RB.

darrisaw - day one starter at LT

Ossai - the competition with highsmith would be awesome. either way we need the depth.

if a day one LT falls to 24 got to pick him.
so darrisaw would be your choice from the list ? out of that list darrisaw would be the guy you would like to see the most  at 24 ? even more than parsons or lance ? i would have guessed since your an OSU homer you would want parsons. if i wasn't panicing over what the futue holds at QB , i would take parsons from that list 1st , but i am so i would go lance. i honestly think parsons is a better prospect than bush was coming out of college. to get him at 24 would be theft. i mean as long as he doesn't rape anyone in the shower ... if he falls to 24..... 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1366
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 3:32 pm

Slater, Tucker, then Darrisaw they need to control the line of scrimmage. They do that, it makes a young QB that much easier to work with and get comfortable.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1630
Join date : 2011-04-08

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 4:35 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Slater, Tucker, then Darrisaw they need to control the line of scrimmage. They do that, it makes a young QB that much easier to work with and get comfortable.
out of those 3 i would say tucker has the best chance of being there at 24 , but he projects as a guard that could play tackle in a pinch at the NFL level. i'm all about boosting the line no matter what position. but i cant say i would prefer a guard over some of the others on that list. as far as value tucker might have the least at 24 of the guys on my list. i would for sure go for darrisaw over tucker. picking between slater and darrisaw would be a tough choice for me since both OT and C are huge immediate needs. either would be a solid choice at 24 and good value.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4374
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Koramoah - fits what the steelers have been trying to do in sub packages , but at 217 lbs, can he be a 3 down LB in a 3-4 ? i dont think so , but he could be a swiss army knife. he could play mike hiltons role, a nickle linebacker , extra strong safety ... if he falls to 24..... 3135543967

parson - would look awesome beside bush.

batemen - would be a luxury pick IMO but perfect fit to replace JuJu and round out the receiving corp, throw him in the slot

surtain - would soften the blow of releasing hayden and hilton. day 1 starter.

lance - if he is there you almost have to take him if ben comes back or not. im a bit skeptical about him, but i wouldn't wanna be the GM who passed on him if he turns out to be the next deshawn watson. a three star QB out of high school played one year college ball sat out the 2020 season project written all over him. if he was any good don't you think one of the big schools would of recruited him?

slater - love the position flexibility. start him at center day one. Humphtey would be a better OC.

vera tucker - bye bye decastro. save that CAP $ and go shopping in free agency for a RB. so you'd take a OG over an LT at 24. if he falls to 24..... 2829330259

darrisaw - day one starter at LT

Ossai - the competition with highsmith would be awesome. either way we need the depth.
a back up LB can be picked up in the later rounds

if a day one LT falls to 24 got to pick him.
so darrisaw would be your choice from the list ? out of that list darrisaw would be the guy you would like to see the most  at 24 ? even more than parsons or lance ? i would have guessed since your an OSU homer you would want parsons. if i wasn't panicing over what the futue holds at QB , i would take parsons from that list 1st , but i am so i would go lance. i honestly think parsons is a better prospect than bush was coming out of college. to get him at 24 would be theft. i mean as long as he doesn't rape anyone in the shower ... if he falls to 24..... 1797695198

day one starting LTs are top 15 or up picks so l don't know what you're whining about if the Steelers can trade up in the second round for OC Humphrey. LT and OC the most important positions on the o-line the Steelers have the rest of the o-line already on the team. that should give Rudolph enough protection to take the Steelers to the Super Bowl.

_________________
coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her. coach "hit her in the dick" if he falls to 24..... 1392824647  
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1660
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 12:43 pm

I'd truck my own mother (McDonald stiff-arm style) to get Parsons or Collins.

Surtain is really good, so he'd be a real steal at 24.

Darrisaw would be the guy I'd be excited about getting if it's an O-lineman ... but I'm not 100% sold he's day 1 starter material only because he plays really high and got away with it in college when he won't in the NFL. I love his upside and he could be very good.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 833
Join date : 2018-08-31

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 3:01 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
I'd truck my own mother (McDonald stiff-arm style) to get Parsons or Collins.

Surtain is really good, so he'd be a real steal at 24.

Darrisaw would be the guy I'd be excited about getting if it's an O-lineman ... but I'm not 100% sold he's day 1 starter material only because he plays really high and got away with it in college when he won't in the NFL. I love his upside and he could be very good.
I shall send your mother a helmet and shoulder pads immediately...

Master_Of_Puppets and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1630
Join date : 2011-04-08

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 5:26 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
I'd truck my own mother (McDonald stiff-arm style) to get Parsons or Collins.

Surtain is really good, so he'd be a real steal at 24.

Darrisaw would be the guy I'd be excited about getting if it's an O-lineman ... but I'm not 100% sold he's day 1 starter material only because he plays really high and got away with it in college when he won't in the NFL. I love his upside and he could be very good.
nobody before the draft thought dotson could be a legit starter quality this year. and he didnt have the pedigree darrisaw does. yes i realize paying LT and guard are apples and oranges... if he falls to 24..... 2097682944
so if darrisaw and collins are both on the board who do you go with ? you're on the clock  if he falls to 24..... 1735582540

the mental image of you trucking a little old lady is just ... if he falls to 24..... 3562723908
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1660
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 7:23 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
I'd truck my own mother (McDonald stiff-arm style) to get Parsons or Collins.

Surtain is really good, so he'd be a real steal at 24.

Darrisaw would be the guy I'd be excited about getting if it's an O-lineman ... but I'm not 100% sold he's day 1 starter material only because he plays really high and got away with it in college when he won't in the NFL. I love his upside and he could be very good.
nobody before the draft thought dotson could be a legit starter quality this year. and he didnt have the pedigree darrisaw does. yes i realize paying LT and guard are apples and oranges... if he falls to 24..... 2097682944
so if darrisaw and collins are both on the board who do you go with ? you're on the clock  if he falls to 24..... 1735582540

the mental image of you trucking a little old lady is just ... if he falls to 24..... 3562723908

Collins! Only because I love an awesome defense.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1630
Join date : 2011-04-08

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 9:36 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
I'd truck my own mother (McDonald stiff-arm style) to get Parsons or Collins.

Surtain is really good, so he'd be a real steal at 24.

Darrisaw would be the guy I'd be excited about getting if it's an O-lineman ... but I'm not 100% sold he's day 1 starter material only because he plays really high and got away with it in college when he won't in the NFL. I love his upside and he could be very good.
nobody before the draft thought dotson could be a legit starter quality this year. and he didnt have the pedigree darrisaw does. yes i realize paying LT and guard are apples and oranges... if he falls to 24..... 2097682944
so if darrisaw and collins are both on the board who do you go with ? you're on the clock  if he falls to 24..... 1735582540

the mental image of you trucking a little old lady is just ... if he falls to 24..... 3562723908

Collins! Only because I love an awesome defense.
i'm thinking collins will be on the board at 24 , and darrisaw wont. Darrisaw seems to be the consensus 2nd best tackle in the draft. i'm sure there are at least 2 teams picking in the top 23 that need a left tackle. the chargers seem to be a spot he often gets mocked to. i guess  your shiney new QB getting pummeled 32 times would make you consider a tackle.
will the steelers pick collins ?  if he falls to 24..... 2087824411

the steelers should let us fans see their damn big board ... if he falls to 24..... 2625562446
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1660
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 3:50 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
I'd truck my own mother (McDonald stiff-arm style) to get Parsons or Collins.

Surtain is really good, so he'd be a real steal at 24.

Darrisaw would be the guy I'd be excited about getting if it's an O-lineman ... but I'm not 100% sold he's day 1 starter material only because he plays really high and got away with it in college when he won't in the NFL. I love his upside and he could be very good.
nobody before the draft thought dotson could be a legit starter quality this year. and he didnt have the pedigree darrisaw does. yes i realize paying LT and guard are apples and oranges... if he falls to 24..... 2097682944
so if darrisaw and collins are both on the board who do you go with ? you're on the clock  if he falls to 24..... 1735582540

the mental image of you trucking a little old lady is just ... if he falls to 24..... 3562723908

Collins! Only because I love an awesome defense.
i'm thinking collins will be on the board at 24 , and darrisaw wont. Darrisaw seems to be the consensus 2nd best tackle in the draft. i'm sure there are at least 2 teams picking in the top 23 that need a left tackle. the chargers seem to be a spot he often gets mocked to. i guess  your shiney new QB getting pummeled 32 times would make you consider a tackle.
will the steelers pick collins ?  if he falls to 24..... 2087824411

the steelers should let us fans see their damn big board ... if he falls to 24..... 2625562446

At least two LTs will come off the board before 24, so I tend to agree with you about Darrisaw. Not sure if Collins will be there or not. I tend to like him a little more than Parsons only because of what he put on the board this past year (Parsons opted out of 2020). Oh, also, Parsons was named by a teammate for hazing, which doesn't make me feel good about him. Aside from Collins' outstanding athleticism and size, I love his football smarts ... the guy has great anticipation and reads. He and Bush in the middle of the field would be so much fun to watch. IDK, he might go earlier than most people think because I really believe he's the best LB in this draft.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1270
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 4:26 pm

Ray Fittipaldo from Pittsburgh Post Gazette mock draft. These are just the actual picks from his article without his analysis:

1. RB Najee Harris, Alabama (6-foot-2, 229 pounds)
2. OT James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-5, 311)
3. CB Elijah Molden, Washington (5-10, 192)
4a. TE Hunter Long, Boston College (6-5, 253)
4b. WR Shi Smith, South Carolina (5-10, 190)
6a. P Max Duffy, Kentucky (6-1, 181):
6b. C Drake Jackson, Kentucky (6-2, 292
7a. ILB Erroll Thompson, Mississippi State (6-1, 250)
7b. DL LaBryan Ray, Alabama (6-5, 295):

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/02/08/nfl-mock-draft-pittsburgh-steelers/stories/202102080010

_________________
if he falls to 24..... $_35
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1630
Join date : 2011-04-08

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 9:57 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Ray Fittipaldo from Pittsburgh Post Gazette mock draft. These are just the actual picks from his article without his analysis:

1. RB Najee Harris, Alabama (6-foot-2, 229 pounds)  if he falls to 24..... 2893009358
2. OT James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-5, 311)  if he falls to 24..... 1401235891
3. CB Elijah Molden, Washington (5-10, 192)  if he falls to 24..... 1401235891
4a. TE Hunter Long, Boston College (6-5, 253)  if he falls to 24..... 2421758519
4b. WR Shi Smith, South Carolina (5-10, 190)   if he falls to 24..... 2421758519
6a. P Max Duffy, Kentucky (6-1, 181):  if he falls to 24..... 1401235891
6b. C Drake Jackson, Kentucky (6-2, 292  if he falls to 24..... 2672159185
7a. ILB Erroll Thompson, Mississippi State (6-1, 250)  Rolling Eyes
7b. DL LaBryan Ray, Alabama (6-5, 295):  if he falls to 24..... 3135543967

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/02/08/nfl-mock-draft-pittsburgh-steelers/stories/202102080010

 if he falls to 24..... 2727913382  i would be very disappointed with that draft. we literally Don't have a center under contract. waiting till the 6th round would be foolish. the only player in this draft to get really excited about would be harris , that is until you start seeing him get dropped behind the line because the oline is still shit.
i like long and smith in the 4th. smith is similiar to dionte johnson without the drops. dude has amazing hands and concentration but might not be quite as shifty as DJ.
not sure hudson or molden are day one starting material.
berry needs to be replaced so im not opposed to taking a punter.
his 7th round LB probably wouldn't even make the practice squad. i dont even know how he started in college


Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1270
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 11:37 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Ray Fittipaldo from Pittsburgh Post Gazette mock draft. These are just the actual picks from his article without his analysis:

1. RB Najee Harris, Alabama (6-foot-2, 229 pounds)  if he falls to 24..... 2893009358
2. OT James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-5, 311)  if he falls to 24..... 1401235891
3. CB Elijah Molden, Washington (5-10, 192)  if he falls to 24..... 1401235891
4a. TE Hunter Long, Boston College (6-5, 253)  if he falls to 24..... 2421758519
4b. WR Shi Smith, South Carolina (5-10, 190)   if he falls to 24..... 2421758519
6a. P Max Duffy, Kentucky (6-1, 181):  if he falls to 24..... 1401235891
6b. C Drake Jackson, Kentucky (6-2, 292  if he falls to 24..... 2672159185
7a. ILB Erroll Thompson, Mississippi State (6-1, 250)  Rolling Eyes
7b. DL LaBryan Ray, Alabama (6-5, 295):  if he falls to 24..... 3135543967

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/02/08/nfl-mock-draft-pittsburgh-steelers/stories/202102080010

 if he falls to 24..... 2727913382  i would be very disappointed with that draft. we literally Don't have a center under contract. waiting till the 6th round would be foolish. the only player in this draft to get really excited about would be harris , that is until you start seeing him get dropped behind the line because the oline is still shit.
i like long and smith in the 4th. smith is similiar to dionte johnson without the drops. dude has amazing hands and concentration but might not be quite as shifty as DJ.
not sure hudson or molden are day one starting material.
berry needs to be replaced so im not opposed to taking a punter.
his 7th round LB probably wouldn't even make the practice squad. i dont even know how he started in college









In fairness Fittipaldo's mock draft was from February 8th which was 4 days before the Post Gazette officially announced Pounceys retirement (although it was pretty much assumed before that)

In a different article from February 15th Fittipaldo talked about the search for a new center. He listed some possibilities from the draft and then some free agent centers he thought might be affordable to Steelers:

Quote :
Landon Dickerson, Alabama
Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma
Josh Myers, Ohio State

From free agency he listed these possibilities:

Quote :
David Andrews, New England
Austin Reiter, Kansas City
Ted Karras, Miami

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/02/15/Centers-of-attention-Get-used-to-these-names-Steelers-fans-as-the-search-to-replace-Maurkice-Pouncey-begins/stories/202102150075

_________________
if he falls to 24..... $_35

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1270
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 11:47 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Ray Fittipaldo from Pittsburgh Post Gazette mock draft. These are just the actual picks from his article without his analysis:

1. RB Najee Harris, Alabama (6-foot-2, 229 pounds)  if he falls to 24..... 2893009358
2. OT James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-5, 311)  if he falls to 24..... 1401235891
3. CB Elijah Molden, Washington (5-10, 192)  if he falls to 24..... 1401235891
4a. TE Hunter Long, Boston College (6-5, 253)  if he falls to 24..... 2421758519
4b. WR Shi Smith, South Carolina (5-10, 190)   if he falls to 24..... 2421758519
6a. P Max Duffy, Kentucky (6-1, 181):  if he falls to 24..... 1401235891
6b. C Drake Jackson, Kentucky (6-2, 292  if he falls to 24..... 2672159185
7a. ILB Erroll Thompson, Mississippi State (6-1, 250)  Rolling Eyes
7b. DL LaBryan Ray, Alabama (6-5, 295):  if he falls to 24..... 3135543967

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/02/08/nfl-mock-draft-pittsburgh-steelers/stories/202102080010

 if he falls to 24..... 2727913382  i would be very disappointed with that draft. we literally Don't have a center under contract. waiting till the 6th round would be foolish. the only player in this draft to get really excited about would be harris , that is until you start seeing him get dropped behind the line because the oline is still shit.
i like long and smith in the 4th. smith is similiar to dionte johnson without the drops. dude has amazing hands and concentration but might not be quite as shifty as DJ.
not sure hudson or molden are day one starting material.
berry needs to be replaced so im not opposed to taking a punter.
his 7th round LB probably wouldn't even make the practice squad. i dont even know how he started in college




A guy like Harris, it seems like every year there is someone we really want and they end up falling just out of our grasp. A lot of times they literally go 2-3 picks before us. I'm always there watching the draft, holding my breath pick by pick, we're getting closer and closer and the player is still there, then it's like: awwww f*****!! If we could get a decent free agent center, maybe a good 2nd round OL pick, would be awesome to have a RB like Harris. I am really ready for a return to the old power running days.

_________________
if he falls to 24..... $_35
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1630
Join date : 2011-04-08

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 1:11 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:


In fairness Fittipaldo's mock draft was from February 8th which was 4 days before the Post Gazette officially announced Pounceys retirement (although it was pretty much assumed before that)

In a different article from February 15th Fittipaldo talked about the search for a new center. He listed some possibilities from the draft and then some free agent centers he thought might be affordable to Steelers:

Quote :
Landon Dickerson, Alabama
Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma
Josh Myers, Ohio State

From free agency he listed these possibilities:

Quote :
David Andrews, New England
Austin Reiter, Kansas City
Ted Karras, Miami

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/02/15/Centers-of-attention-Get-used-to-these-names-Steelers-fans-as-the-search-to-replace-Maurkice-Pouncey-begins/stories/202102150075

those are probably the only 3 centers in the draft who might actually be starter quality. i wouldn't bet the farm that one of them lasts until the 88th pick.not sayin one wont , just sayin i wouldnt bet on it. i mean there might be a surprise or two out of the others similiar to the gem we found in dotson, but as i said, i wouldn't bet on it. i also wouldn't hold my breath that a , "good" starter could be had in free agency. there are more sean mahan types than a jeff hartings.
i see people saying they can just move zack banner to LT and keep chuks at RT .... if he falls to 24..... 2829330259 we barely got a glimpse of banner at RT and now all the sudden he is a verified LT ? oh hell no. if he falls to 24..... 1505004552
they need to use those 1st two picks, be it a 1st and 2nd round, or preferably two 2nd round picks on a LT and C. if he falls to 24..... 512807920 TRADE BACK !!!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1660
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 10:17 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:


In fairness Fittipaldo's mock draft was from February 8th which was 4 days before the Post Gazette officially announced Pounceys retirement (although it was pretty much assumed before that)

In a different article from February 15th Fittipaldo talked about the search for a new center. He listed some possibilities from the draft and then some free agent centers he thought might be affordable to Steelers:

Quote :
Landon Dickerson, Alabama
Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma
Josh Myers, Ohio State

From free agency he listed these possibilities:

Quote :
David Andrews, New England
Austin Reiter, Kansas City
Ted Karras, Miami

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/02/15/Centers-of-attention-Get-used-to-these-names-Steelers-fans-as-the-search-to-replace-Maurkice-Pouncey-begins/stories/202102150075

those are probably the only 3 centers in the draft who might actually be starter quality. i wouldn't bet the farm that one of them lasts until the 88th pick.not sayin one wont , just sayin i wouldnt bet on it.  i mean there might be a surprise or two out of the others similiar to the gem we found in dotson, but as i said, i wouldn't bet on it. i also wouldn't hold my breath that a , "good" starter could be had in free agency. there are more sean mahan types than a jeff hartings.
i see people saying they can just move zack banner to LT and keep chuks at RT .... if he falls to 24..... 2829330259  we barely got a glimpse of banner at RT and now all the sudden he is a verified LT ? oh hell no. if he falls to 24..... 1505004552  
they need to use those 1st two picks, be it a 1st and 2nd round, or preferably two 2nd round picks on a LT and C. if he falls to 24..... 512807920  TRADE BACK !!!

I like Dickerson and Humphrey for very different reasons. Dickerson is just a powerhouse ... big, strong and seems to enjoy pounding on his opponents. Humphrey, also strong enough in his own right (but I'm thinking not quite as powerful as Dickerson) is a very smart guy who you can see pointing out defenders in pre-snap and talking to his linemates between plays.

Myers is another smart player who saw plenty of guard duty before moving to center, so he knows the interior positions. He comes from a family of athletes, which is helpful in his knowledge of how to act like a pro athlete.

I agree there are more Mahans than Hartings in this draft. The 3 guys listed above are not the Pouncey type that are good out in space. But maybe the Steelers need someone who can handle his area against bigger NTs that are seen in the AFC North.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4374
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 12:19 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:


In fairness Fittipaldo's mock draft was from February 8th which was 4 days before the Post Gazette officially announced Pounceys retirement (although it was pretty much assumed before that)

In a different article from February 15th Fittipaldo talked about the search for a new center. He listed some possibilities from the draft and then some free agent centers he thought might be affordable to Steelers:

Quote :
Landon Dickerson, Alabama
Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma
Josh Myers, Ohio State

From free agency he listed these possibilities:

Quote :
David Andrews, New England
Austin Reiter, Kansas City
Ted Karras, Miami

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/02/15/Centers-of-attention-Get-used-to-these-names-Steelers-fans-as-the-search-to-replace-Maurkice-Pouncey-begins/stories/202102150075

those are probably the only 3 centers in the draft who might actually be starter quality. i wouldn't bet the farm that one of them lasts until the 88th pick.not sayin one wont , just sayin i wouldnt bet on it.  i mean there might be a surprise or two out of the others similiar to the gem we found in dotson, but as i said, i wouldn't bet on it. i also wouldn't hold my breath that a , "good" starter could be had in free agency. there are more sean mahan types than a jeff hartings.
i see people saying they can just move zack banner to LT and keep chuks at RT .... if he falls to 24..... 2829330259  we barely got a glimpse of banner at RT and now all the sudden he is a verified LT ? oh hell no. if he falls to 24..... 1505004552  
they need to use those 1st two picks, be it a 1st and 2nd round, or preferably two 2nd round picks on a LT and C. if he falls to 24..... 512807920  TRADE BACK !!!

I like Dickerson and Humphrey for very different reasons. Dickerson is just a powerhouse ... big, strong and seems to enjoy pounding on his opponents. Humphrey, also strong enough in his own right (but I'm thinking not quite as powerful as Dickerson) is a very smart guy who you can see pointing out defenders in pre-snap and talking to his linemates between plays.

Myers is another smart player who saw plenty of guard duty before moving to center, so he knows the interior positions. He comes from a family of athletes, which is helpful in his knowledge of how to act like a pro athlete.

I agree there are more Mahans than Hartings in this draft. The 3 guys listed above are not the Pouncey type that are good out in space. But maybe the Steelers need someone who can handle his area against bigger NTs that are seen in the AFC North.

how many times do/did the Steelers pull the OC on running plays? what type of o-linemen are better suited for Canada's offense? get the guy with power and can get to the second level. Humphrey reminds me of Mike Webster.

_________________
coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her. coach "hit her in the dick" if he falls to 24..... 1392824647  
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5133
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 5:56 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:


In fairness Fittipaldo's mock draft was from February 8th which was 4 days before the Post Gazette officially announced Pounceys retirement (although it was pretty much assumed before that)

In a different article from February 15th Fittipaldo talked about the search for a new center. He listed some possibilities from the draft and then some free agent centers he thought might be affordable to Steelers:

Quote :
Landon Dickerson, Alabama
Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma
Josh Myers, Ohio State

From free agency he listed these possibilities:

Quote :
David Andrews, New England
Austin Reiter, Kansas City
Ted Karras, Miami

I'd take Humphrey.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/02/15/Centers-of-attention-Get-used-to-these-names-Steelers-fans-as-the-search-to-replace-Maurkice-Pouncey-begins/stories/202102150075

those are probably the only 3 centers in the draft who might actually be starter quality. i wouldn't bet the farm that one of them lasts until the 88th pick.not sayin one wont , just sayin i wouldnt bet on it.  i mean there might be a surprise or two out of the others similiar to the gem we found in dotson, but as i said, i wouldn't bet on it. i also wouldn't hold my breath that a , "good" starter could be had in free agency. there are more sean mahan types than a jeff hartings.
i see people saying they can just move zack banner to LT and keep chuks at RT .... if he falls to 24..... 2829330259  we barely got a glimpse of banner at RT and now all the sudden he is a verified LT ? oh hell no. if he falls to 24..... 1505004552  
they need to use those 1st two picks, be it a 1st and 2nd round, or preferably two 2nd round picks on a LT and C. if he falls to 24..... 512807920  TRADE BACK !!!

I like Dickerson and Humphrey for very different reasons. Dickerson is just a powerhouse ... big, strong and seems to enjoy pounding on his opponents. Humphrey, also strong enough in his own right (but I'm thinking not quite as powerful as Dickerson) is a very smart guy who you can see pointing out defenders in pre-snap and talking to his linemates between plays.

Myers is another smart player who saw plenty of guard duty before moving to center, so he knows the interior positions. He comes from a family of athletes, which is helpful in his knowledge of how to act like a pro athlete.

I agree there are more Mahans than Hartings in this draft. The 3 guys listed above are not the Pouncey type that are good out in space. But maybe the Steelers need someone who can handle his area against bigger NTs that are seen in the AFC North.

how many times do/did the Steelers pull the OC on running plays? what type of o-linemen are better suited for Canada's offense? get the guy with power and can get to the second level. Humphrey reminds me of Mike Webster.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1660
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 12:20 pm

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:


In fairness Fittipaldo's mock draft was from February 8th which was 4 days before the Post Gazette officially announced Pounceys retirement (although it was pretty much assumed before that)

In a different article from February 15th Fittipaldo talked about the search for a new center. He listed some possibilities from the draft and then some free agent centers he thought might be affordable to Steelers:

Quote :
Landon Dickerson, Alabama
Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma
Josh Myers, Ohio State

From free agency he listed these possibilities:

Quote :
David Andrews, New England
Austin Reiter, Kansas City
Ted Karras, Miami

I'd take Humphrey.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/02/15/Centers-of-attention-Get-used-to-these-names-Steelers-fans-as-the-search-to-replace-Maurkice-Pouncey-begins/stories/202102150075

those are probably the only 3 centers in the draft who might actually be starter quality. i wouldn't bet the farm that one of them lasts until the 88th pick.not sayin one wont , just sayin i wouldnt bet on it.  i mean there might be a surprise or two out of the others similiar to the gem we found in dotson, but as i said, i wouldn't bet on it. i also wouldn't hold my breath that a , "good" starter could be had in free agency. there are more sean mahan types than a jeff hartings.
i see people saying they can just move zack banner to LT and keep chuks at RT .... if he falls to 24..... 2829330259  we barely got a glimpse of banner at RT and now all the sudden he is a verified LT ? oh hell no. if he falls to 24..... 1505004552  
they need to use those 1st two picks, be it a 1st and 2nd round, or preferably two 2nd round picks on a LT and C. if he falls to 24..... 512807920  TRADE BACK !!!

I like Dickerson and Humphrey for very different reasons. Dickerson is just a powerhouse ... big, strong and seems to enjoy pounding on his opponents. Humphrey, also strong enough in his own right (but I'm thinking not quite as powerful as Dickerson) is a very smart guy who you can see pointing out defenders in pre-snap and talking to his linemates between plays.

Myers is another smart player who saw plenty of guard duty before moving to center, so he knows the interior positions. He comes from a family of athletes, which is helpful in his knowledge of how to act like a pro athlete.

I agree there are more Mahans than Hartings in this draft. The 3 guys listed above are not the Pouncey type that are good out in space. But maybe the Steelers need someone who can handle his area against bigger NTs that are seen in the AFC North.

how many times do/did the Steelers pull the OC on running plays? what type of o-linemen are better suited for Canada's offense? get the guy with power and can get to the second level. Humphrey reminds me of Mike Webster.

To expand on MOPs assessment of the Center position in this draft: I don't see a 1st round pick, because the talent isn't there. I wouldn't spend a #24 on any of the centers in this draft. None of these guys have shown great ability to block beyond the line of scrimmage. So you're just not getting that type of talent out of this draft. If you really want Humphrey, then I agree with MOP and would trade back 15 spots and pick him up there (mid 2nd round). Or get another position at #24 and pick up whoever is still on the board as a center with your 2nd round pick, hoping there isn't a run on Centers before they pick in the 2nd.

This isn't to say that none of these guys can't develop into really good centers. I'm just saying that what they have shown on the field does not translate into 1st round draft picks.

I really think if the Tackle they want is there at 24, that is who they will take. If not, it could be one of any number of positions (I still love that Tulsa LB). Could be Harris.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 833
Join date : 2018-08-31

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 2:27 pm

So, let's say we pick Harris at #24. Are we able to assemble a good enough line, through the draft and free agency, so we can actually utilize his talents?

What if Ben retires prior to the draft? Does that change who we pick at 24, if, say, Trey Lance or Mac Jones are still on the board?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1630
Join date : 2011-04-08

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 4:03 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:


To expand on MOPs assessment of the Center position in this draft: I don't see a 1st round pick, because the talent isn't there. I wouldn't spend a #24 on any of the centers in this draft. None of these guys have shown great ability to block beyond the line of scrimmage. So you're just not getting that type of talent out of this draft. If you really want Humphrey, then I agree with MOP and would trade back 15 spots and pick him up there (mid 2nd round). Or get another position at #24 and pick up whoever is still on the board as a center with your 2nd round pick, hoping there isn't a run on Centers before they pick in the 2nd.

This isn't to say that none of these guys can't develop into really good centers. I'm just saying that what they have shown on the field does not translate into 1st round draft picks.

I really think if the Tackle they want is there at 24, that is who they will take. If not, it could be one of any number of positions (I still love that Tulsa LB). Could be Harris.

looking at PFF's free agency rankings for centers and their grades , it unscientifically gives me an idea of who may pursue a center early. all of these teams starting centers are free agents.  outside of linsley all of them are sub standard low tier players.
https://www.pff.com/nfl/free-agency?season=2021

packers - linsley is a solid center but is pushing 30 and the pack may not want to pay him.

considering tomlins love of OSU players and he favors player flexibility i would think meyers would be someone in his cross hairs..

Patriots******.

chiefs - if you watched the superbowl then you saw the pressure maholmes was running from often came from inside. they could use a late 1st on one of these guys.

atlanta - alex mack is 35 yrs old.

miami - they have 2 second round picks before ours

seattle

baltimore

chargers

9'ers

of course we dont know any teams grades they have on players , but if the draft community is even semi accurate with their grades, it is not out of the realm of possibility that the big 3 are gone before 55. keep in mind this is just teams with FA centers and doesn't include teams who may not be happy with their guy or may want to purge their guy for cap reasons. then again it could be all wrong and 2 or all 3 is sitting there at 55 and the steelers dont pick any of them ... if he falls to 24..... 1797695198

dickersons extensive medical chart might drop him a bit.

Quote :
Dickerson’s injury history is also a fairly large concern, however. In five college football seasons, Dickerson suffered four season-ending injuries. He tore his ACL in 2016, missed nine games in 2017, and was forced to redshirt by an ankle injury in 2018. Then, of course, he tore his ACL again at the tail end of the 2020 season. Dickerson is a potential starter with his solid mechanics, motor, and play power. However, durability is very important. And it’s a legitimate red flag for the Alabama center.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1660
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 5:38 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:


To expand on MOPs assessment of the Center position in this draft: I don't see a 1st round pick, because the talent isn't there. I wouldn't spend a #24 on any of the centers in this draft. None of these guys have shown great ability to block beyond the line of scrimmage. So you're just not getting that type of talent out of this draft. If you really want Humphrey, then I agree with MOP and would trade back 15 spots and pick him up there (mid 2nd round). Or get another position at #24 and pick up whoever is still on the board as a center with your 2nd round pick, hoping there isn't a run on Centers before they pick in the 2nd.

This isn't to say that none of these guys can't develop into really good centers. I'm just saying that what they have shown on the field does not translate into 1st round draft picks.

I really think if the Tackle they want is there at 24, that is who they will take. If not, it could be one of any number of positions (I still love that Tulsa LB). Could be Harris.

looking at PFF's free agency rankings for centers and their grades , it unscientifically gives me an idea of who may pursue a center early. all of these teams starting centers are free agents.  outside of linsley all of them are sub standard low tier players.
https://www.pff.com/nfl/free-agency?season=2021

packers - linsley is a solid center but is pushing 30 and the pack may not want to pay him.

considering tomlins love of OSU players and he favors player flexibility i would think meyers would be someone in his cross hairs..

Patriots*******.

chiefs - if you watched the superbowl then you saw the pressure maholmes was running from often came from inside. they could use a late 1st on one of these guys.

atlanta - alex mack is 35 yrs old.

miami - they have 2 second round picks before ours

seattle

baltimore

chargers

9'ers

of course we dont know any teams grades they have on players , but if the draft community is even semi accurate with their grades, it is not out of the realm of possibility that the big 3 are gone before 55. keep in mind this is just teams with FA centers and doesn't include teams who may not be happy with their guy or may want to purge their guy for cap reasons. then again it could be all wrong and 2 or all 3 is sitting there at 55 and the steelers dont pick any of them ... if he falls to 24..... 1797695198

dickersons extensive medical chart might drop him a bit.

Quote :
Dickerson’s injury history is also a fairly large concern, however. In five college football seasons, Dickerson suffered four season-ending injuries. He tore his ACL in 2016, missed nine games in 2017, and was forced to redshirt by an ankle injury in 2018. Then, of course, he tore his ACL again at the tail end of the 2020 season. Dickerson is a potential starter with his solid mechanics, motor, and play power. However, durability is very important. And it’s a legitimate red flag for the Alabama center.

So a few things:


  • Teams with FA centers may want to sign their existing guy over drafting because ... this draft is not a strong center draft.

  • Myers might be someone the Steelers target and he just might be good when he fully develops, so if Tomlin targets him it might work out fine ... just not at #24.

  • Yes, Dickerson has had some significant injuries. It sucks for him because he really is a powerful lineman. But as Chuck Noll used to say: The best ability is availability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




if he falls to 24..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... Empty

Back to top Go down
 
if he falls to 24.....
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: