Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeif he falls to 24..... - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

if he falls to 24.....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 5:10 pm

I say if Najee (or Etienne) are there at 24, we snag them.  If we feel strongly about one of the left tackles, or center, we move up in 2nd two to grade them.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 12:45 am

@Great Randino wrote:
I say if Najee (or Etienne) are there at 24, we snag them.  If we feel strongly about one of the left tackles, or center, we move up in 2nd two to grade them.

so who would best fit a canada offense ? watching old college games i noticed he does like to run outside the tackles often. lots of sweeps. more of etiennes thing than harris. but etienne is a fumbler and we know that is something tomlin doesn't tolerate. he fumbled in 4 consecutive games in 2020. etienne is also a shitty pass blocker.

harris skipped all the pro day drills , claiming because of an ongoing ankle injury from a game ? if your ankle is still bothering you 3 months later maybe you need a new doctor. anyway i call bullshit because he did run pass patterns for the pro day. runs pass patterns, can't run in a straight line...got it.
the truth is he was going to run a mid 4.6 forty.

etienne is a threat to take it to the house....harris aint going to outrun anyone.etienne aint going to get you that tuff yard or break tackles...harris can.
i say split the difference and take javonte williams ... if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 1797695198

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 11:44 am

Good Analysis, MoP! I'll have to study up on Javonte Williams.

I'd pass on a guy who can't hang onto the ball. I didn't know that about Etienne.

Harris sounds like more of a Steeler-type.

I don't really care about running the 40. I'd skip it too (of course I'm an old slow guy so there's that).

Najee basically told Todd McShay to eat shit and die. I gotta like that.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 2:47 pm

Not sure how I feel about this.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 8:45 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Good Analysis, MoP!  I'll have to study up on Javonte Williams.

I'd pass on a guy who can't hang onto the ball.  I didn't know that about Etienne.

Harris sounds like more of a Steeler-type.

I don't really care about running the 40.  I'd skip it too (of course I'm an old slow guy so there's that).

Najee basically told Todd McShay to eat shit and die.  I gotta like that.

we seen what happened most of the time the steelers tried to run wide. it was usually a disaster . it wasn't always just the shitty blocking that caused the fail, it was also those 4.6 guys. if McFarland didn't run like the tasmanian devil out of control with no balance ,he might have had a chance a few times
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 10:37 pm

speed is only one part of it. The scheme has to be right, too. Canada has had success running it. Its obvious that Fichtner had no clue what he was doing.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 9:55 am

@Great Randino wrote:
speed is only one part of it.  The scheme has to be right, too.  Canada has had success running it.  Its obvious that Fichtner had no clue what he was doing.

Yeah I'm looking forward to Canada calling plays. I'll say this. If Fitchner ever had it all together he sure as hell forgot where he put it.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 1:10 pm

New report from PFT (take it for what its worth) says Steelers are looking to draft a running back early - first or second round.

Also look to take OL early.

I think (and I know I'm repeating myself) if Najee Harris is there in the first, we take him.

I'd personally grab Harris and then, if Dickerson is there at the end of the first, move up to take him in the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 7:09 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
New report from PFT (take it for what its worth) says Steelers are looking to draft a running back early - first or second round.

I think (and I know I'm repeating myself) if Najee Harris is there in the first, we take him.

I'd personally grab Harris and then, if Dickerson is there at the end of the first, move up to take him in the 2nd.
I don't know if you have to move up in the 2nd to take Dickerson due to his injury history. He might even go into later part of the 3rd. Remember, he was hurt late last season (Dec) and only completed one year of college without missing time for an injury.

On the plus side, I heard a report that he's one of the top locker room type guys coming out this year. So he's got that going for him.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 pm

Good point. Definitely some risk in taking a guy with injury issues, but if he's currently healthy, maybe he's worth the risk? And maybe not moving up for him, per your very astute observation.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

I don't know if you have to move up in the 2nd to take Dickerson due to his injury history.  He might even go into later part of the 3rd. Remember, he was hurt late last season (Dec) and only completed one year of college without missing time for an injury.

On the plus side, I heard a report that he's one of the top locker room type guys coming out this year. So he's got that going for him.

plus from what i understand he could be unavailable for several games this season. normally not an issue, but when you have shit on the roster at the position you want that guy to be ready at a moments notice. i wouldnt be opposed to taking 2 centers in the first 5 picks and having one of them practice at guard. i have seen one of these websites say trey hill should move to guard in the NFL. might as well get an early jump on replacing decastro .. if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 8:36 pm

i don't think there's any doubt we need to draft at least a couple OL's, so good point MoP.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 10:01 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
i don't think there's any doubt we need to draft at least a couple OL's, so good point MoP.
the steelers traditionally dont draft with the mindset of day 1 starter for rookies. they have only had a few rookies that have started 16 games. so it would make sense to try to get decastro's replacement a year earlier. tomlin likes olinemen that can play multiple positions. why not get an extra center and get him practice experience at guard. its easier for a center to transition to guard than a guard to transition to center. some of these centers coming out this year fit the prototypical size of an NFL guard more than they do the prototypical size of a center. Trey Hill is more likely be a good guard who can also play center than Ben Cleveland being a good center that can play guard. 2 birds one stone. worst case you get a quality backup center, best case you get a starting guard that can hold his own at center if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 2087824411
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 1:39 pm

Still no FA developments for a RB1. I can't believe they go into the season with Snell as their top RB, therefore, I think it's becoming more likely they will try to draft a top RB. I'm still a Harris fan, but honestly the Steelers tend to take RBs in rounds 2+. If they go RB in round 1, I'm becoming a fan of Spenser Brown (maybe in round 2). He's a nasty player that looks to punish his opponents. Although he's only 315 lbs, not huge for a guy almost 6'9", he has a 500 lb bench. If you haven't seen his tape, it's worth a watch.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 10:51 pm

Hoping they get a Center with the 1 or 2 pick Trey Sermon should be there in round 2 maybe even round 3 if they want a good well rounded RB. He was good for Ohio and Tomlin likes taking players from OSU.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

if he falls to 24.....
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: