Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeif he falls to 24..... - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

if he falls to 24.....

Go down 
+7
solardave
LambertWardSteel
Great Randino
kirklandrules
SteelerFreak58
effyou515
Master_Of_Puppets
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 1:18 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@JPPT1974 wrote:
If Dickerson can be in the having over in the overcoming his injuries. Could be a beast on it. Just hope he can do that.
dickerson may not even be available to play until a few weeks into the season. i would still take him in round 2 though. maybe sign a cheap vet to hold down the position until he gets up to speed... if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 2087824411

He might be there in the 3rd, especially if he'll miss the first few games of the season and it's only a guess as to how well his injury has progressed by the time the draft comes around. I haven't heard how the league is addressing medicals given they have punted on the combine.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 7:09 pm

Are there any QB's who, if available at #24, would be your pick? Talking to everyone on here.

Exclude of course, Touchdown Jesus, it would be a miracle from the heavens if he didn't get picked #1.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 6:19 am

@Great Randino wrote:
Are there any QB's who, if available at #24, would be your pick?  Talking to everyone on here.

Exclude of course, Touchdown Jesus, it would be a miracle from the heavens if he didn't get picked #1.

I don't think this is the year with where we pick and I don't think trading up is an option since we are in dire need of help on Oline plus depth at both ILB and OLB. We also need Dline help. I for one would like to see what Rudolph can do under Canada. I just don't think Ben is going to magically put this team on his almost 40 YO shoulders and carry us to #7.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 3:05 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Are there any QB's who, if available at #24, would be your pick?  Talking to everyone on here.

of course.
i would make the KC trade for Zach Wilson if he fell to 10th. When i watch Wilson he reminds me of mahomie...whom i predicted would be the best QB of that class .. if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 131212936
Quote :
K.C. traded the No. 27 overall pick, a third-round pick and their 2018 first-round selection to the Buffalo Bills to move up to No. 10 to select Mahomes.

i'm not sold on fields or lance but if either is there at 24 , i'd take the chance . no risk no reward. sit em behind Ben for a year and let canada and the QB coach mold em.

i would spend the 55th pick on jones. im just amazed at how in the last 2 months jones was a consensus 2nd at the earliest, even 3rd, and now people are putting him in the middle to top half of the first .... if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 2829330259
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 3:29 am

@Great Randino wrote:

I would consider Trey Lance at #24 if he's not already off of the board. Like MoP I'm not entirely sold on the kid, I think he'll be a little bit of a project coming out of college, but he has the physical tools one likes to see from a potential future starter. I don't think he's a guy you bring in and start right off the bat, but if they could bring him in and let him sit a season or two behind Ben, I think it'd be very beneficial for him.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 2:56 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

I would consider Trey Lance at #24 if he's not already off of the board. Like MoP I'm not entirely sold on the kid, I think he'll be a little bit of a project coming out of college, but he has the physical tools one likes to see from a potential future starter. I don't think he's a guy you bring in and start right off the bat, but if they could bring him in and let him sit a season or two behind Ben, I think it'd be very beneficial for him.
Yeah, he's really athletic. Reminds me of Mahomes. I've thought he' be worth the pickup if he falls to us also. Not sure he will though.

If not I'd like to see Najee Harris.

I think we are rebuilding our line through free agency so hopefully we can pick a Harris or Lance in round 1.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 4:38 am

@Great Randino wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

Yeah, he's really athletic.  Reminds me of Mahomes.  I've thought he' be worth the pickup if he falls to us also.  Not sure he will though.

I think we are rebuilding our line through free agency so hopefully we can pick a Harris or Lance in round 1.

One mock I saw had us picking Entiene with Harris still on the board. Maybe before they put up a mock they should be drug tested.I'm not saying Entiene would be bad but between the 2 I'd take Harris.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 9:50 am

@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

Yeah, he's really athletic.  Reminds me of Mahomes.  I've thought he' be worth the pickup if he falls to us also.  Not sure he will though.

One mock I saw had us picking Entiene with  Harris still on the board. Maybe before they put up a mock they should be drug tested.I'm not saying Entiene would be bad but between the 2 I'd take Harris.

Etienne is a very good running back. I wouldn't be very disappointed if the Steelers made him their selection. My personal opinion is that Harris is more athletic and his ceiling is higher. Etienne is closer to his ceiling. All my opinion.

Given the turnover on this team, I'd be very surprised if they choose a RB in round 1. I'm a believer in having the best defense to win a championship. That's why my favorite pick would be Zaven Collins. Another ILB stud, with Bush, is what this team needs. Micah Parsons will not be on the board at #24, but Collins could be. And don't follow all the hype that has occurred since the end of football season. I see names like Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (ND) and Barron Browning (OSU) thrown out there as being higher rated than Collins. Look, when these guys came off their last games of college football, Parsons and Collins were the 2 best ILBs ... what changed? Certainly nothing on the field. It's all hype.

If the Steelers go with an O-lineman in the first few rounds and push LB to later rounds, I've stated in prior posts that I like Cameron McGrone as possibly a 3rd round pick. He's young, without a lot of tape, but he tends to play in attack mode on every play.

Here's a late round WR dark horse draft pick for you: Jalen Camp GT. 6' 2" 226lbs (looks at least 230lbs). He ran a 4.43, 10.5 broad jump, 39.5 vertical ... and 30 rep bench  affraid , which I believe is a WR record. He was under utilized at GT, so you won't see a ton of highlight material on him.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 1:38 pm

I like the idea of Collins at 24. I'm with you, I love a great defense.

I also wonder if they think, with Canada's new offense, can they get more out of the guys they have now? Such as McFarland for instance.

For another discussion but I think James Conner will be back. I don't think the market will be kind to him and he's a Pittsburgh boy. If he could just stay healthy...

So a question for you: What if Collins, Najee Harris and Mac Jones were ALL still on the board at 24. Who would YOU pick, and who do you think the Steelers would pick?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 3:52 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
I like the idea of Collins at 24.  I'm with you, I love a great defense.

I also wonder if they think, with Canada's new offense, can they get more out of the guys they have now?  Such as McFarland for instance.

For another discussion but I think James Conner will be back.  I don't think the market will be kind to him and he's a Pittsburgh boy.  If he could just stay healthy...

So a question for you:  What if Collins, Najee Harris and Mac Jones were ALL still on the board at 24.  Who would YOU pick, and who do you think the Steelers would pick?

Tough question. I would lean toward Harris but I think the actual pick would be Collins.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:22 pm

WOW...check out this guys workout

T Samuel Cosmi

Height: 6'6″ (62nd percentile)
Weight: 314 (58th)
Arm: 33 (13th)
Vertical: 30 (69th)
Broad jump: 117 (98th)
Bench: 36 (98th)
Bench: 36 reps (98th)
40-yard: 4.84 (98th)
Short shuttle: 4.39 (98th)
3-cone: 7.35 (94th)

Cosmi’s athleticism jumps off his college tape and is his clear-cut biggest strength as noted in the PFF 2021 NFL Draft Guide. He further verified how special of a prospect he is in that regard at his pro day. And with this year’s tackle class as deep as it is, some team is going to get immense value for Cosmi if he slips into Round 2. In any other year, he’s a first-round talent.

Cosmi was a key cog on the Longhorns’ line over the past three years. He saw over 400 true pass sets over that span, the fourth-most in the Power Five. And he fared incredibly well on that heavy workload, posting pass-blocking grades of 82.8, 86.0 and 90.7 in his three years of starting action. There’s still some work to be done with his pass-blocking technique to hold up in the NFL, but he has all the tools to be a great starting tackle.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:29 pm

creed had himself a nice workout.

Oklahoma

C Creed Humphrey

Height: 6'4″ (72nd percentile)
Weight: 312 (86th)
Vertical: 33 (96th)
Broad jump: 112 (93rd)
Bench: 29 reps (74th)
40-yard: 5.09 (81st)
Short shuttle: 4.46 (86th)
3-cone: 7.54 (70th)
Humphrey's pro day was an all-timer and no doubt boosted him up several NFL teams’ draft boards. For further reference of how good those numbers are, that short shuttle time is better than what we saw from elite wide receiver prospect Jerry Jeudy in the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine. His physical profile paired with his strong hands and great data from Oklahoma makes him an alluring prospect in Round 2. This past season, Humphrey didn’t allow a single sack or hit across 401 pass-block snaps and ranked seventh among FBS centers in run-block grade.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:29 pm

WOW...check out this guys workout

T Samuel Cosmi

Height: 6'6″ (62nd percentile)
Weight: 314 (58th)
Arm: 33 (13th)
Vertical: 30 (69th)
Broad jump: 117 (98th)
Bench: 36 (98th)
Bench: 36 reps (98th)
40-yard: 4.84 (98th)
Short shuttle: 4.39 (98th)
3-cone: 7.35 (94th)

Cosmi’s athleticism jumps off his college tape and is his clear-cut biggest strength as noted in the PFF 2021 NFL Draft Guide. He further verified how special of a prospect he is in that regard at his pro day. And with this year’s tackle class as deep as it is, some team is going to get immense value for Cosmi if he slips into Round 2. In any other year, he’s a first-round talent.

Cosmi was a key cog on the Longhorns’ line over the past three years. He saw over 400 true pass sets over that span, the fourth-most in the Power Five. And he fared incredibly well on that heavy workload, posting pass-blocking grades of 82.8, 86.0 and 90.7 in his three years of starting action. There’s still some work to be done with his pass-blocking technique to hold up in the NFL, but he has all the tools to be a great starting tackle.

He need to be a Steeler...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:38 pm

i;m guessin he didn't lay around eatin cheetos and drinking beer on his year off.

Stanford

T Walker Little

Height: 6'7″ (86th percentile)
Weight: 313 (54th)
Arm: 33 3/4 (34th)
Vertical: 30 (62nd)
Broad: 111 (83rd)
Bench: 24 reps (58th)
40-yard: 5.29 (32nd)
Short shuttle: 4.58 (82nd)
3-cone: 7.43 (89th)

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:42 pm

damn...dont know anything about this guy but he;s an athlete.

Louisiana Tech

DI Milton Williams

Height: 6'3″ (50th percentile)
Weight: 284 (17th)
Arm: 31 1/2 (5th)
Vertical: 39 (99th)
Broad jump: 121 (97th)
Bench: 34 (91st)
40-yard: 4.62 (99th)
Short shuttle: 4.25 (97th)
3-cone: 6.87 (100th)
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:51 pm

possible 3rd round pick ?

OT Spencer Brown

Height: 6'8″ (98th percentile)
Weight: 311 (47th)
Vertical: 31 (75th)
Broad: 117 (98th)
Bench: 29 reps (86th)
40-yard: 4.88 (97th)
Short shuttle: 4.44 (95th)
3-cone: 7.03 (99th)
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:57 pm

could the steelers go cornerback at 24 ?

CB Jaycee Horn

Height: 6'1″ (75th percentile)
Weight: 205 (91st)
Arm: 33 (93rd)
Vertical: 42 (97th)
Broad: 133 (96th)
Bench: 19 reps (89th)
40-yard: 4.39 (85th)
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 3:14 pm

Steelers Instagram saying they "met" with Zaven Collins.

if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 15201356
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 3:29 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:

hmmm....right before the pro day.

Monday, March 29

Arizona State

Duke

Louisiana-Lafayette

Miami (Fla.)

Miami (Ohio)

North Carolina

Tuesday, March 30

Alabama

East Carolina

Florida Atlantic

Louisville

North Carolina State

Ohio State

Texas A&M

Tulane

Washington

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Collins would be a great addition. Wouldn't mind that pick one bit.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 5:01 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

should he be there at 24 and the steelers don't take him , i bet the browns do at 26.  but i would say his draft stock hinges on his workout. i believe he needs to run at least a 4.6 to be a first round pick. they will being paying close attention to Najee Harri's workout as well. Etiene ran a 4.43 ... while i do believe the tape is more important than the workout , had the steelers  paid more attention to the 4.8 jarvis jones ran... if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 3135543967

a lot of people had nick bolton ahead of collins on their boards. Nick bolton did NOT have a good workout. his knock was he is not a good athlete and his workout showed just that. his 40 time was acceptable but his short shuttle and 3 cone shows a guy that doesnt change direction very well.

Height: 5'11” (4th percentile)
Weight: 237 (49th)
Arm: 31 7/8 (34th)
Vertical: 32 (23rd)
Broad: 115 (33rd)
Bench: 24 reps (73rd)
40-yard: 4.59 (75th)
Short shuttle: 4.50 (10th)
3-cone: 7.40 (9th)
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 8:56 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:

hmmm....right before the pro day.

Monday, March 29

Arizona State

Duke

Louisiana-Lafayette

Miami (Fla.)

Miami (Ohio)

North Carolina

Tuesday, March 30

Alabama

East Carolina

Florida Atlantic

Louisville

North Carolina State

Ohio State

Texas A&M

Tulane

Washington

And don't forget about:
April 2
Indiana
Oregon
Tulsa
if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 2981382511
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 9:15 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

should he be there at 24 and the steelers don't take him , i bet the browns do at 26.  but i would say his draft stock hinges on his workout. i believe he needs to run at least a 4.6 to be a first round pick. they will being paying close attention to Najee Harri's workout as well. Etiene ran a 4.43 ... while i do believe the tape is more important than the workout , had the steelers  paid more attention to the 4.8 jarvis jones ran... if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 3135543967

a lot of people had nick bolton ahead of collins on their boards. Nick bolton did NOT have a good workout. his knock was he is not a good athlete and his workout showed just that. his 40 time was acceptable but his short shuttle and 3 cone shows a guy that doesnt change direction very well.

Height: 5'11” (4th percentile)
Weight: 237 (49th)
Arm: 31 7/8 (34th)
Vertical: 32 (23rd)
Broad: 115 (33rd)
Bench: 24 reps (73rd)
40-yard: 4.59 (75th)
Short shuttle: 4.50 (10th)
3-cone: 7.40 (9th)

Not a fan. Actually, I think of Bolton as a poor man's Jarvis Jones.

Collins reminds me of (said with a tear in my eye  if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 3096553220 ) my boy Levon Kirkland.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 9:15 pm

damn... if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 1505004552 tulsa...tulanne..

if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgqQYa4sw14qWzoSaJGNCjzbIjcGGwDxWX6g&usqp=CAU
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 9:20 pm

damn... if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 1505004552  tulsa...tulanne..

if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgqQYa4sw14qWzoSaJGNCjzbIjcGGwDxWX6g&usqp=CAU

655 miles

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if he falls to 24.....   if he falls to 24..... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

if he falls to 24.....
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: