Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract

Go down 
+7
effyou515
Steel Peon
Master_Of_Puppets
Shalieve5090
SteelerFreak58
solardave
jak341
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  Empty
PostSubject: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 9:05 am

The standard is the standard I guess.

https://www.steelers.com/news/tomlin-signed-to-contract-extension
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 10:07 am

It just means he's got 3 or less years to win another SB.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 10:28 am

This post from a random Twitter user sums up how I feel. It's almost if we are living in our fears.

"8-8 career in the playoffs. Zero playoff wins in the last 5 years. 3 wins in the last 11 years."

Another summary.

Last edited by jak341 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 11:36 am

Who do you replace him with that is out there?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 12:04 pm

11-0 start to the season, no matter how it goes off the rails, will get you another contract.

Sorry dissenters but I'm in agreement with this extension.

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 12:41 pm

I hate the owners of this team. I wish us normal people could suck at our jobs and not get fired and instead be awarded with a bonus. Hope you all like going one and done and never winning a super bowl for a while
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
11-0 start to the season, no matter how it goes off the rails, will get you another contract.

Marty Schottenhiemer was fired by the chargers after a 14-2 season. Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  2893009358
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 7:23 pm

My early predictions for the next 3 years:

45 - Failed 4th down attempts
153 - Unused time-outs
51 - Unsuccessful coach challenges
12 - Successful field-goals when trailing by 21 points or more
15 - Worn pairs of sunglasses with no direct sunlight
0 - Times the opposing team will be drawn off-sides
5 - Unsuccessful trick plays
0 - Successful trick plays
33 - Half-times while trailing in points

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 3:25 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

Marty Schottenhiemer was fired by the chargers after a 14-2 season. Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  2893009358

That's my point. 11-0 doesn't mean squat if you don't win in the playoffs. "Living in our fears" or "not living in our fears" should not be part of "THE STANDARD". The "STANDARD" should be beating all of the teams we should on our way to a SB win. The goal every year should be to win it all.

I don't disagree with the extension. I just hope the FO made it clear that a contract won't save his job if they don't see improvement in the post season.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 3:29 pm

@Great Randino wrote:

See how that worked out for them, too.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 3:31 pm

@jak341 wrote:
This post from a random Twitter user sums up how I feel. It's almost if we are living in our fears.

"8-8 career in the playoffs. Zero playoff wins in the last 5 years. 3 wins in the last 11 years."

Another summary.

This explains why random twitter users should be ignored.

Nothing like slanting the facts to fit your narrative - such as putting down the Super Bowl victory (I don't care how you win a Super Bowl, its always great) or putting down losing in the Super Bowl to future hall of famer Rodgers.

Dumb and stupid, all rolled into one idiotic tweet.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 3:56 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

That's my point. 11-0 doesn't mean squat if you don't win in the playoffs. "Living in our fears" or "not living in our fears" should not  be part of "THE STANDARD". The "STANDARD" should be beating all of the teams we should on our way to a SB win. The goal every year should be to win it all.

I don't disagree with the extension. I just hope the FO made it clear that a contract won't save his job if they don't see improvement in the post season.

Tomlin didn't snap the first play of the game 5 feet over the QBs head giving up a TD in the playoffs, and didnt throw 4 picks and lose the game to the Clowns...

Tomlin has a better record then Cowher in the same time period and a better win percentage over all... Cowher lost a ton of playoff games just like Tomlin...

If you replace Tomlin who do you replace him with that will do better that has his pedigree?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 6:27 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

That's my point. 11-0 doesn't mean squat if you don't win in the playoffs. "Living in our fears" or "not living in our fears" should not  be part of "THE STANDARD". The "STANDARD" should be beating all of the teams we should on our way to a SB win. The goal every year should be to win it all.

Tomlin didn't snap the first play of the game 5 feet over the QBs head giving up a TD in the playoffs, and didnt throw 4 picks and lose the game to the Clowns...

Tomlin has a better record then Cowher in the same time period and a better win percentage over all... Cowher lost a ton of playoff games just like Tomlin...

If you replace Tomlin who do you replace him with that will do better that has his pedigree?

i remember when tomlin was hired...i said .."mike who ? "  Shocked
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 3:43 am

l would of liked Ron Rivera over Tomlin back then.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 10:43 am

@effyou515 wrote:

Remember when everyone was up in arms that the Steelers chose the unknown Mike Tomlin over beloved Russ Grimm? What a mistake that has proven to be, given Grimm's storied head coaching career. Grimm was an awesome O-line coach with tons of success. He wanted to be the big guy and never got the chance.

There are things that Tomlin's teams do that frustrate me ... none more than losing to really shitty teams (and at home to boot). But the team tends to be competitive every year. I do not blame the late season collapse on the coaching staff, but hold the players accountable for that mess (they sucked that much).

This extension tells me the Rooney's want stability through the turnover that will occur in the next 2 seasons, including Ben walking into the sunset.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 4:39 pm

See how many others wanted to hire Grimm as a head coach. He never did get the big job anywhere and now he's retired.

Steelers made the right decision hiring Tomlin.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 3:47 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Remember when everyone was up in arms that the Steelers chose the unknown Mike Tomlin over beloved Russ Grimm? What a mistake that has proven to be, given Grimm's storied head coaching career. Grimm was an awesome O-line coach with tons of success. He wanted to be the big guy and never got the chance.

There are things that Tomlin's teams do that frustrate me ... none more than losing to really shitty teams (and at home to boot). But the team tends to be competitive every year. I do not blame the late season collapse on the coaching staff, but hold the players accountable for that mess (they sucked that much).

This extension tells me the Rooney's want stability through the turnover that will occur in the next 2 seasons, including Ben walking into the sunset.

glad the pick wasn't grimm l don't dislike tomlin but seem to me rivera seem to put a more fire in his players on sunday. imho the steelers might be looking over canada in the next 3 years it's an offensive league now.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 8:13 am

@Great Randino wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Another summary.

Nothing like slanting the facts to fit your narrative - such as putting down the Super Bowl victory (I don't care how you win a Super Bowl, its always great) or putting down losing in the Super Bowl to future hall of famer Rodgers.

I completely agree. 8-8 is a mediocre play-off record, but that's one of then most dumb tweets I've ever read. We only won the SB in 2008 because Brady tore his ACL, good to know. And in 2015 we lost to 39 year old Payton Manning. Let's ignore that the Broncos won the SB that year and that every team lost to 39 year old Payton Manning and let's ignore that we lost because our RB#3 fumbled the ball, because Bell and Williams were both injured. Oh, and AB was injured too and we played with an injured Ben. That probably didn't fit his narrative though.

I'm not a big Tomlin fan, but I think he deserves a chance to build a team without Ben. If in 3-4 years it's clear that he's not up to the task, then it's bye bye Tomlin.

kirklandrules likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 9:48 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Another summary.

I completely agree. 8-8 is a mediocre play-off record, but that's one of then most dumb tweets I've ever read. We only won the SB in 2008 because Brady tore his ACL, good to know. And in 2015 we lost to 39 year old Payton Manning. Let's ignore that the Broncos won the SB that year and that every team lost to 39 year old Payton Manning and let's ignore that we lost because our RB#3 fumbled the ball, because Bell and Williams were both injured. Oh, and AB was injured too and we played with an injured Ben. That probably didn't fit his narrative though.

I'm not a big Tomlin fan, but I think he deserves a chance to build a team without Ben. If in 3-4 years it's clear that he's not up to the task, then it's bye bye Tomlin.

I agree but I think the leash may be shortened if we don't make the playoffs in 2021.I don't think we're in rebuild mode. I think this is a re-tool year but we should be good enough to win the division. I think the Rats are going to take a step back. I think Lamar gets figured out and is not as effective running the ball.I think either us or the Browns takes the little prize home. I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 11:07 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Another summary.

I agree but I think the leash may be shortened if we don't make the playoffs in 2021.I don't think we're in rebuild mode. I think this is a re-tool year but we should be good enough to win the division. I think the Rats are going to take a step back. I think Lamar gets figured out and is not as effective running the ball.I think either us or the Browns takes the little prize home. I could be wrong.

can't sleep on cleveland this year.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 3:08 pm

I wouldn't sleep On Cleveland, and I certainly wouldn't sleep IN Cleveland.
Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  1f601

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 11:40 pm

@Great Randino wrote:

Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  1549491426 ..... Shocked  hey i was born in cleveland. i spent the first 2 years of my life there. my father worked for the railroad and was transferred there. after 2 years my mother told him i'm outta here , you can stay, but i'm done with this shithole.  so the old man had to quit the railroad ... Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  1797695198
*disclaimer * - i am paraphrasing , but the sentiment is the same.

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 1:12 am

@Great Randino wrote:

Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  1549491426 ..... Shocked  hey i was born in cleveland. i spent the first 2 years of my life there. my father worked for the railroad and was transferred there. after 2 years my mother told him outta here , you can stay, but i'm done with this shithole.  so the old man had to quit the railroad ... Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  1797695198
Ha ha, good stuff!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 9:35 am

@Great Randino wrote:

Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  1549491426 ..... Shocked  hey i was born in cleveland. i spent the first 2 years of my life there. my father worked for the railroad and was transferred there. after 2 years my mother told him i'm outta here , you can stay, but i'm done with this shithole.  so the old man had to quit the railroad ... Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  1797695198

So basically you're saying when your father was transferred to Cleveland, he was railroaded? Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  1549491426

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 2:25 pm

seen a lot of great Rock concerts in Cleveland and the surrounding area 3 in the old Cleveland Stadium 1979 World Series of Rock, Paul McCartney and Pink Floyd. was there when Turkey Jones planted Bradshaw head first in the turf the fans were about 50 /50 lot of fights broke out a lot of people went to jail that day.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract    Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomlin Resigned To A 3 Year Contract
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: