Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeDraft day 2021 - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Draft day 2021

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2011-04-08

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 7:46 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
is this ok to post or does it give a false reality? Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1664291743

looks like a quick guy that has some good basic moves and might develop into a good edge rusher.


A good case study of a transfer portal victim. He should have stayed at Temple and been the man. Instead, he went to Miami where he became one of three starting OLBs. He admits he was "lost in the shuffle" at the U. He's got potential for sure and knowing he was a later pick at a position without much depth, they better coach him up.
he definitely made the wrong choice. had he stayed at temple and ripped off another 10-12 sacks , that would have helped him more. i guess he thought he would get more exposure at miami. the coach probably lied to him about playing time. buffalo's malcom koonce went to the raiders in the 3rd. i just dont see how he was any better of a prospect than the Q from the U. ,...but it was the raiders so... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1797695198 selfishly i'm glad it worked out the way it did. i can see him getting a lot of playing time this year. at the very least he is an arthur moats and makes highsmith look over his shoulder.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1723
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 11:37 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
is this ok to post or does it give a false reality? Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1664291743

looks like a quick guy that has some good basic moves and might develop into a good edge rusher.


A good case study of a transfer portal victim. He should have stayed at Temple and been the man. Instead, he went to Miami where he became one of three starting OLBs. He admits he was "lost in the shuffle" at the U. He's got potential for sure and knowing he was a later pick at a position without much depth, they better coach him up.
he definitely made the wrong choice. had he stayed at temple and ripped off another 10-12 sacks , that would have helped him more. i guess he thought he would get more exposure at miami. the coach probably lied to him about playing time. buffalo's malcom koonce went to the raiders in the 3rd. i just dont see how he was any better of a prospect than the Q from the U. ,...but it was the raiders so... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1797695198 selfishly i'm glad it worked out the way it did. i can see him getting a lot of playing time this year. at the very least he is an arthur moats and makes highsmith look over his shoulder.

I saw somewhere that he was expected to be a potential 3rd round draft choice prior to the 2020 season. Then he splits time, production decreases, and the Steelers get him in the 6th. Yep, as a Steelers fan I'm glad it worked out the way it did.


Last edited by kirklandrules on Fri May 07, 2021 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4498
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 4:31 pm

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1664291743


_________________
The female players "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her. coach "hit her in the dick" Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1392824647  

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2011-04-08

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 7:30 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
is this ok to post or does it give a false reality? Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1664291743

looks like a quick guy that has some good basic moves and might develop into a good edge rusher.


A good case study of a transfer portal victim. He should have stayed at Temple and been the man. Instead, he went to Miami where he became one of three starting OLBs. He admits he was "lost in the shuffle" at the U. He's got potential for sure and knowing he was a later pick at a position without much depth, they better coach him up.
he definitely made the wrong choice. had he stayed at temple and ripped off another 10-12 sacks , that would have helped him more. i guess he thought he would get more exposure at miami. the coach probably lied to him about playing time. buffalo's malcom koonce went to the raiders in the 3rd. i just dont see how he was any better of a prospect than the Q from the U. ,...but it was the raiders so... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1797695198 selfishly i'm glad it worked out the way it did. i can see him getting a lot of playing time this year. at the very least he is an arthur moats and makes highsmith look over his shoulder.

I saw somewhere that he was expected to be a potential 3rd round draft choice prior to the 2020 season. Then he splits time, production decreases, and the Steelers get him in the 6th. Yep, as a Steelers fan I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

watching his interview it is clear he has a chip on his shoulder and motivated to prove his detractors wrong. unless they make a surprise move and dip in to free agency for one of the high pedigree vet edge guys like melvin ingram , he is going to get his opportunity. god forbid they bring chikillo back and stunt his growth without actually upgrading the depth. that just reeks of a steelers move.
Roche should hit that weight room and transform into james harrison. he looks like he could stand to get a little thicker. i recommend roids Draft day 2021 - Page 3 2087824411
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4498
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2021 10:08 am

the best take on dan more jr so far

[b]2021 NFL Draft: Breaking down Dan Moore Jr. Part 1, Pass protection/b]

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/5/7/22418254/pittsburgh-steelers-2021-nfl-draft-breaking-down-dan-moore-jrs-college-film-part-1-pass-protection

_________________
The female players "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her. coach "hit her in the dick" Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1392824647  
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4498
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2021 10:28 am

2021 NFL Draft: Is Buddy Johnson a future starter at Buck linebacker for the Steelers?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/5/6/22416565/2021-nfl-draft-is-buddy-johnson-a-future-starter-at-buck-linebacker-for-the-steelers-film-room

_________________
The female players "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her. coach "hit her in the dick" Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1392824647  

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1723
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2021 2:18 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
the best take on dan more jr so far

[b]2021 NFL Draft: Breaking down Dan Moore Jr. Part 1, Pass protection/b]

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/5/7/22418254/pittsburgh-steelers-2021-nfl-draft-breaking-down-dan-moore-jrs-college-film-part-1-pass-protection

Nice clips. There's a reason he wasn't taken in the 1st round. But he has the physical tools to do the job with proper coaching.

One disagreement I have with the film review is on the last clip in the Facing Power Rushers section. Although the author's comments are accurate as far as what happens to Moore's position and body, the analysis is off. Pre-snap, Moore faces an opponent who present a potential outside rush. However, it's a delayed blitz, meaning the outside guy steps upfield like an outside rush, then moves inside. At that point an OLB rushes the outside. Moore adjusts and absorbs the OLB's bull-rush well enough. It's a win because the QB wasn't sacked during a blitz to Moore's side and completes the pass to the hot route. Have to imagine most O-line coaches would be happy with the blitz pickup (when it was disguised). Draft day 2021 - Page 3 2087824411
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1723
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2021 2:25 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
2021 NFL Draft: Is Buddy Johnson a future starter at Buck linebacker for the Steelers?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/5/6/22416565/2021-nfl-draft-is-buddy-johnson-a-future-starter-at-buck-linebacker-for-the-steelers-film-room

Another good set of clips, thanks for posting Eff. One thing that stood out to me on top of what Jerry Olsavasky states in his post draft press conference is that Johnson overcomes failures by his teammates. Watch those clips and notice on the outside runs how the OLBs were either beat, blocked or took the wrong angles .... Johnson gets out there and makes the plays. Imagine going from that to having Watt out there and not getting beat, blocked, taking the wrong angles!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5236
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptySun May 09, 2021 5:51 am

All in all I think they did a good job this year. Johnson may be the "diamond in the rough" and I like what Green brings.
Freiermuth can block and is a versatile TE while Moore looks like he plays angry and I like that. Maybe we get back to smash mouth football again with a heavy dose of Najee.
I have to admit though I'm concerned about our DBs. It may be a long shot but I sure hope Norwood pans out.
If Harvin can place punts we may have an upgrade over Berry. The bars not set too high there.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4498
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 7:53 pm

2021 NFL Draft: Breaking down Dan Moore Jr. Part 2, Run blocking

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/5/10/22421275/2021-nfl-draft-breaking-down-pittsburgh-steelers-tackle-dan-moore-jr-part-2-run-blocking-steelers

_________________
The female players "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her. coach "hit her in the dick" Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1392824647  
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4498
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2021 7:00 pm

Wisconsin coach thinks Isaiahh Loudermilk can scale new heights on Steelers defensive line
https://triblive.com/sports/wisconsin-coach-thinks-isaiahh-loudermilk-can-scale-new-heights-on-steelers-defensive-line/

Quote :
Of the 34 players who attended rookie minicamp, Loudermilk was the second tallest, standing 6-foot-7. Only fellow defensive end Calvin Taylor, a former undrafted free agent, was taller, at 6-9.

got a couple of tall young DE.

Quote :
Loudermilk’s size was one of the traits that enticed the Steelers to swing a trade on the third day of the NFL Draft, sending a fourth-round pick in 2022 to the Miami Dolphins

“In terms of athleticism and length, that is what makes him an intriguing prospect,”

One of our assistants in the weight room, who was an All-American here, thinks he could be one of the best offensive tackles, too.

Also intriguing to us is that he’s got a lot of experience in a very similar scheme, defensively.”

The Steelers, remember, drafted outside linebacker T.J. Watt out of Wisconsin four years earlier based on his ability to excel in a 3-4 front.


l remember people questioning the T.J. Watt pick maybe Loudermilk in time can do the same.


this milk is louder then then the other milk.

_________________
The female players "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her. coach "hit her in the dick" Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1392824647  
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2011-04-08

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:36 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
Wisconsin coach thinks Isaiahh Loudermilk can scale new heights on Steelers defensive line
https://triblive.com/sports/wisconsin-coach-thinks-isaiahh-loudermilk-can-scale-new-heights-on-steelers-defensive-line/

Quote :
Of the 34 players who attended rookie minicamp, Loudermilk was the second tallest, standing 6-foot-7. Only fellow defensive end Calvin Taylor, a former undrafted free agent, was taller, at 6-9.

got a couple of tall young DE.

Quote :
Loudermilk’s size was one of the traits that enticed the Steelers to swing a trade on the third day of the NFL Draft, sending a fourth-round pick in 2022 to the Miami Dolphins

“In terms of athleticism and length, that is what makes him an intriguing prospect,”

One of our assistants in the weight room, who was an All-American here, thinks he could be one of the best offensive tackles, too.

Also intriguing to us is that he’s got a lot of experience in a very similar scheme, defensively.”

The Steelers, remember, drafted outside linebacker T.J. Watt out of Wisconsin four years earlier based on his ability to excel in a 3-4 front.


l remember people questioning the T.J. Watt pick maybe Loudermilk in time can do the same.


this milk is louder then then the other milk.

i believe what has gotten peoples panties in a twists was giving up a 4th for a fifth round pick for a player many suspect would have been available for their 6th round pick.
i noticed quite awhile ago that there weren't many people in this draft that had the body type they like for their 3-4 DE's. i also suspect they did a sneak peak at the 2022 class and see a shortage there as well.
people need to stop taking these self appointed draft guru's word as gospel. none of them are , or have ever coached an NFL 3-4 defense. the fans , myself included use these online draft simulators and think these things should somehow be close to accurate. so when a guy gets picked in a higher round than what they get that player in on the simulator they somehow think the team is wrong ...i mean no way the schmuck sitting in his basement that made the big board and programmed the simulator could be wrong ... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1549491426
and god forbid dipshits like kiper should say the pick was a REEEEEACH ... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1645253483 ...I mean with kipers playing ,scouting , coaching, and GM experience, how could he be wrong ... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 2829330259

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4422
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 5:46 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Wisconsin coach thinks Isaiahh Loudermilk can scale new heights on Steelers defensive line
https://triblive.com/sports/wisconsin-coach-thinks-isaiahh-loudermilk-can-scale-new-heights-on-steelers-defensive-line/

Quote :
Of the 34 players who attended rookie minicamp, Loudermilk was the second tallest, standing 6-foot-7. Only fellow defensive end Calvin Taylor, a former undrafted free agent, was taller, at 6-9.

got a couple of tall young DE.

Quote :
Loudermilk’s size was one of the traits that enticed the Steelers to swing a trade on the third day of the NFL Draft, sending a fourth-round pick in 2022 to the Miami Dolphins

“In terms of athleticism and length, that is what makes him an intriguing prospect,”

One of our assistants in the weight room, who was an All-American here, thinks he could be one of the best offensive tackles, too.

Also intriguing to us is that he’s got a lot of experience in a very similar scheme, defensively.”

The Steelers, remember, drafted outside linebacker T.J. Watt out of Wisconsin four years earlier based on his ability to excel in a 3-4 front.


l remember people questioning the T.J. Watt pick maybe Loudermilk in time can do the same.


this milk is louder then then the other milk.

i believe what has gotten peoples panties in a twists was giving up a 4th for a fifth round pick for a player many suspect would have been available for their 6th round pick.
i noticed quite awhile ago that there weren't many people in this draft that had the body type they like for their 3-4 DE's. i also suspect they did a sneak peak at the 2022 class and see a shortage there as well.
people need to stop taking these self appointed draft guru's word as gospel. none of them are , or have ever coached an NFL 3-4 defense. the fans , myself included use these online draft simulators and think these things should somehow be close to accurate. so when a guy gets picked in a higher round than what they get that player in on the simulator they somehow think the team is wrong ...i mean no way the schmuck sitting in his basement that made the big board and programmed the simulator could be wrong ... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1549491426
and god forbid dipshits like kiper should say the pick was a REEEEEACH ... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1645253483 ...I mean with kipers playing ,scouting , coaching, and GM experience, how could he be wrong ... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 2829330259

Ah good ole Mel Kiper. The guy that claimed JaMarcus Russell was going to be the next John Elway... He's just as qualified as I am in regards to opinions about NFL drafting/scouting. Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1797695198

_________________
Draft day 2021 - Page 3 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino



Posts : 933
Join date : 2018-08-31

Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 2:35 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Wisconsin coach thinks Isaiahh Loudermilk can scale new heights on Steelers defensive line
https://triblive.com/sports/wisconsin-coach-thinks-isaiahh-loudermilk-can-scale-new-heights-on-steelers-defensive-line/

Quote :
Of the 34 players who attended rookie minicamp, Loudermilk was the second tallest, standing 6-foot-7. Only fellow defensive end Calvin Taylor, a former undrafted free agent, was taller, at 6-9.

got a couple of tall young DE.

Quote :
Loudermilk’s size was one of the traits that enticed the Steelers to swing a trade on the third day of the NFL Draft, sending a fourth-round pick in 2022 to the Miami Dolphins

“In terms of athleticism and length, that is what makes him an intriguing prospect,”

One of our assistants in the weight room, who was an All-American here, thinks he could be one of the best offensive tackles, too.

Also intriguing to us is that he’s got a lot of experience in a very similar scheme, defensively.”

The Steelers, remember, drafted outside linebacker T.J. Watt out of Wisconsin four years earlier based on his ability to excel in a 3-4 front.


l remember people questioning the T.J. Watt pick maybe Loudermilk in time can do the same.


this milk is louder then then the other milk.

i believe what has gotten peoples panties in a twists was giving up a 4th for a fifth round pick for a player many suspect would have been available for their 6th round pick.
i noticed quite awhile ago that there weren't many people in this draft that had the body type they like for their 3-4 DE's. i also suspect they did a sneak peak at the 2022 class and see a shortage there as well.
people need to stop taking these self appointed draft guru's word as gospel. none of them are , or have ever coached an NFL 3-4 defense. the fans , myself included use these online draft simulators and think these things should somehow be close to accurate. so when a guy gets picked in a higher round than what they get that player in on the simulator they somehow think the team is wrong ...i mean no way the schmuck sitting in his basement that made the big board and programmed the simulator could be wrong ... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1549491426
and god forbid dipshits like kiper should say the pick was a REEEEEACH ... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1645253483 ...I mean with kipers playing ,scouting , coaching, and GM experience, how could he be wrong ... Draft day 2021 - Page 3 2829330259

Ah good ole Mel Kiper. The guy that claimed JaMarcus Russell was going to be the next John Elway... He's just as qualified as I am in regards to opinions about NFL drafting/scouting. Draft day 2021 - Page 3 1797695198

Oh no, that's where you're wrong, Iowa. He is LESS qualified than you in regards to NFL drafting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft day 2021   Draft day 2021 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Draft day 2021
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: