Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homebest picks , worst picks - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

best picks , worst picks

Go down 
+5
kirklandrules
Stella Nation
effyou515
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

best picks , worst picks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 5:46 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
what do ya'll think of this ? i'm kinda on the fence. he hasn't been bad , just not great. i think he has improved every year. he just aint been a big play guy. his ball skills are a little lacking. we could do better but we could also do worse ... best picks , worst picks - Page 2 2087824411

Quote :
Steelers decline fifth-year option on former first-round pick
Sports

NFL Network is reporting that the Steelers are declining the fifth-year option on Safety Terrell Edmunds

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (WKBN) – NFL Network is reporting that the Steelers are declining the fifth-year option on safety Terrell Edmunds.

The contract option was reportedly worth $6.753 million.

Edmunds has been average, and sometimes good, but never great. I haven't been overly impressed with him, and I don't think the Steelers are either. He needs to step up to the plate this season if he wants to remain in Pittsburgh and get a new contract, otherwise he's going to be a FA and while I'm sure another team will sign him, it won't be for top $$$.

I mean I like the guy, seems to have a genuinely good attitude and wants to do well, and his teammates seem to really like him, but in this business you've got to produce and I feel as though his play is too inconsistent. He should be better, especially when he's been paired with a guy as talented as Fitzpatrick.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 3:02 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
what do ya'll think of this ? i'm kinda on the fence. he hasn't been bad , just not great. i think he has improved every year. he just aint been a big play guy. his ball skills are a little lacking. we could do better but we could also do worse ... best picks , worst picks - Page 2 2087824411

Quote :
Sports

NFL Network is reporting that the Steelers are declining the fifth-year option on Safety Terrell Edmunds

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (WKBN) – NFL Network is reporting that the Steelers are declining the fifth-year option on safety Terrell Edmunds.

Edmunds has been average, and sometimes good, but never great. I haven't been overly impressed with him, and I don't think the Steelers are either. He needs to step up to the plate this season if he wants to remain in Pittsburgh and get a new contract, otherwise he's going to be a FA and while I'm sure another team will sign him, it won't be for top $$$.

I mean I like the guy, seems to have a genuinely good attitude and wants to do well, and his teammates seem to really like him, but in this business you've got to produce and I feel as though his play is too inconsistent. He should be better, especially when he's been paired with a guy as talented as Fitzpatrick.

I take this move as a challenge by the Steelers. The same thing worked for Dupree. If he made more big plays (INTs, forced fumbles, etc) they would have pulled that trigger. But he does provide value. Arthur Moats mentioned his sure tackling as a huge plus especially given the run dominate teams in the division. I see this as the Steelers asking Edmunds to prove his worth. Maybe he plays his way out of Pittsburgh. Maybe we are seeing the current version of Polamalu and Clark (but in the reverse).
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 11:29 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Quote :
Sports

I take this move as a challenge by the Steelers. The same thing worked for Dupree. If he made more big plays (INTs, forced fumbles, etc) they would have pulled that trigger. But he does provide value. Arthur Moats mentioned his sure tackling as a huge plus especially given the run dominate teams in the division. I see this as the Steelers asking Edmunds to prove his worth. Maybe he plays his way out of Pittsburgh. Maybe we are seeing the current version of Polamalu and Clark (but in the reverse).

I'm not saying they should have signed him for the 5th year. Maybe as Kirkland says they are getting him to show his worth. However it plays out things are shaping out for a crisis in the secondary next off season. Haden is getting older, the other CB is unsettled/unproven, they may need to replace a safety as well by next offseason and draft. That doesn't bode well for a team that drafts secondary so poorly. Maybe more cap money next year so maybe free agency is an option.

kirklandrules likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 2:05 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Quote :
Sports

I'm not saying they should have signed him for the 5th year. Maybe as Kirkland says they are getting him to show his worth. However it plays out things are shaping out for a crisis in the secondary next off season. Haden is getting older, the other CB is unsettled/unproven, they may need to replace a safety as well by next offseason and draft. That doesn't bode well for a team that drafts secondary so poorly. Maybe more cap money next year so maybe free agency is an option.

I don't think Cam Sutton is unproven by any means, unsettled though I can agree with because he's going to be asked to step up and fill Steven Nelson's shoes which is no small task. I really wish they'd of tried harder to keep Nelson around. He was a very solid player in our secondary, and younger than Haden. I think Sutton could've filled Mike Hilton's shoes nicely in that nickle corner spot. The secondary is definitely the biggest question mark for me. Defense was definitely the strength of this team, but we lost some pretty good players whose shoes are going to be tough to fill.

kirklandrules likes this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 8:56 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Quote :
Sports

I don't think Cam Sutton is unproven by any means, unsettled though I can agree with because he's going to be asked to step up and fill Steven Nelson's shoes which is no small task. I really wish they'd of tried harder to keep Nelson around. He was a very solid player in our secondary, and younger than Haden. I think Sutton could've filled Mike Hilton's shoes nicely in that nickle corner spot. The secondary is definitely the biggest question mark for me. Defense was definitely the strength of this team, but we lost some pretty good players whose shoes are going to be tough to fill.

I heard an interesting point from Matt Williamson on SNR yesterday regarding the Edmunds 5th year option. He speculated that declining the option wasn't necessarily a shot at Edmunds. However, they may feel he hasn't played to the $6.25M/year level yet. So if the Steelers feel he's worth $5.5M, they wouldn't extend that 5th year because Edmunds' agent will start the next contract negotiation at $6.25M. They could offer him 2 years for $10M, which might be a good deal (although I don't think I'd take that if I were him).

Good points that the secondary seems unsettled compared to last year. The Nelson issue was interesting and I think there's a story behind it. Especially knowing the Steelers didn't need to cut him due to the cap. There's a handful of scenarios that could explain that departure including Nelson not liking the idea that Sutton might compete for his job.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 9:23 am

waiting to see safety Tre Norwood and the UDFA's shake out duting camp.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 11:42 am

I think Tomlin sees something in Pierre and is going to utilize both him and Sutton more. Sutton to take over for Nelson (which I think should have been given an extension) and Pierre waiting in the wings to take over for Haden. With some of the UDFAs we took they may fill back up rolls. Pierre looked pretty good last year filling in for Haden he didn't make any mistakes and played well both in man coverage and zone. Sutton would have been good in the slot wish they would have worked something out with Nelson he was a steal and played solid CB for us.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 6:10 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at with this. Generally, I see questionable picks and think "someone who spends far more time looking at all the various players at each position in college football saw something in this guy .... meanwhile, I sit at my desk working for the man." Yes, I've been confused on occasion best picks , worst picks - Page 2 2829330259 but usually like to see how they pan out. Hell, you get to rounds 5+ and they may be drafting for ST positions and be happy if they crack the starting lineup. Danny Smith needs guys too. But part of being a fan is to have those second guess moments. Afterall, we earn it with our sacrifice agonizing over our favorite team (and yes, the end of last season involved great personal sacrifice and agony  best picks , worst picks - Page 2 3096553220 ).

Another point. All of this garbage about RBs don't have 1st round draft value. Who do you think started that trend .... the Steelers! But when you have a chance to upgrade from Connor (Lexus) to a Harris (Lambo) what fool would pass that up?! The Cheaters took Sony Michel in the 1st round of the 2018 draft. Did that pick suck? I'm all fired up now! Can't wait to see Harris in the Black and Gold!

To be honest, Sony Michel isn't a worldbeater. He isn't a bust because he was vital in New England's play-off run in 2018, but his regular season stats are underwhelming for a first round pick. And he's injury prone just like James Conner.

https://www.nfl.com/players/sony-michel/stats/
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 6:19 pm

question : what CB makes the 53.

my prediction Shakur Brown

That's a safe bet best picks , worst picks - Page 2 2981382511

I think Shakur Brown is the only CB we have who can play in the slot besides Sutton. I read in a lot of posts here that Sutton will take Nelson's spot, but he needs to play as the nickel CB in most formations. We really have a poor CB group. An older Haden and Sutton are the only quality CB's we have, all others are unproven. We lack both quality and depth, that doesn't bode well. Nelson is still available, I wouldn't hesitate to make him an offer. You never know we can have him cheap this year.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 6:28 pm

i REALLY am high on this guy. i think he at the least will be on highsmiths level as a pass rusher. he should have stayed at temple ,going to miami didnt work in his favor. as he put it he was 2nd fiddle there.
you guys need to hop on this band wagon quick...i'll be watching... best picks , worst picks - Page 2 2097682944

Ravens fans really hate it that we took him so that's already a plus best picks , worst picks - Page 2 1797695198
He's local from there and was watching the draft with only Ravens fans. Once he got drafted by us he asked to bring in a terrible towel, that's the way to do it best picks , worst picks - Page 2 1647293567

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 8:09 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
i REALLY am high on this guy. i think he at the least will be on highsmiths level as a pass rusher. he should have stayed at temple ,going to miami didnt work in his favor. as he put it he was 2nd fiddle there.
you guys need to hop on this band wagon quick...i'll be watching... best picks , worst picks - Page 2 2097682944

Ravens fans really hate it that we took him so that's already a plus best picks , worst picks - Page 2 1797695198
He's local from there and was watching the draft with only Ravens fans. Once he got drafted by us he asked to bring in a terrible towel, that's the way to do it best picks , worst picks - Page 2 1647293567

and read he said "no purple in this house" best picks , worst picks - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 6:51 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

and read he said "no purple in this house" best picks , worst picks - Page 2 1797695198

Hell yeah! I like this kid already! best picks , worst picks - Page 2 792589548 best picks , worst picks - Page 2 792589548 best picks , worst picks - Page 2 792589548

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2021 4:36 pm

Steelers' rookie Tre Norwood used to playing multiple positions — often in same game

Norwood didn’t just play multiple positions in the secondary during his redshirt junior season at Oklahoma.

“He did it throughout the same game,” Oklahoma defensive coordinator Alex Grinch said. “Over the course of a Saturday night, he would play all of those spots.”

"don't know if he makes the team but that is impressive, read somewhere steelers going back to drafting DBs that have good zone coverage instincts over man coverage DBs."

Those included outside corner, nickel corner, free safety and strong safety.

Swiss Army knife, indeed.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-rookie-tre-norwood-used-to-playing-multiple-positions-often-in-same-game/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

best picks , worst picks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: