Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sign Melvin Ingram Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sign Melvin Ingram

Go down 
+4
LambertWardSteel
effyou515
solardave
Shalieve5090
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Steelers sign Melvin Ingram Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 5:08 pm

One year deal. Fantastic signing
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 5:35 am

It's a great move if he can stay on the field. He only played 7 games last year due to a knee injury. I know it's a 1 year deal but for how much?
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 12:11 pm

@solardave wrote:
It's a great move if he can stay on the field. He only played 7 games last year due to a knee injury. I know it's a 1 year deal but for how much?

4 million. Yeah hopefully he can stay healthy, it'll be a huge signing
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 1:09 pm

@Shalieve5090 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

be nice if he could be off the bench player spelling Highsmith or Watt when needed.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 11:25 pm

I'm glad they signed him.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 2:53 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@Shalieve5090 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

be nice if he could be off the bench player spelling Highsmith or Watt when needed.

I have a feeling they brought him in to compete with Highsmith.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 6:44 pm

Good signing if he stays healthy he can contribute at a very high level. He will demand attention away from Watt and that matters.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 11:11 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@Shalieve5090 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

im not so sure he wont beat highsmith out and start.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyFri Jul 23, 2021 4:14 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Shalieve5090 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

im not so sure he wont beat highsmith out and start.

1 year deal to make it as a starter and mentor Highsmith? This could be one of our better signings.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 9:53 pm

could be a special group of LBers,

we know both OLBers Watt and Ingram can set the edge, pressure and sack quarterbacks.

the ILBers, Spillane cleaning up the running game making Bush free to be more active in pass defense.

plus the steelers have the 3 down linemen who can keep these LBs clean.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 5:59 am

@effyou515 wrote:

we know both OLBers Watt and Ingram can set the edge, pressure and sack quarterbacks.

the ILBers, Spillane cleaning up the running game making Bush free to be more active in pass defense.

I agree mostly Eff but last year Spillane wasn't very good against the run. Hopefully he improves this year.
I get the impression you believe Ingram will start opposite T.J.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 2:07 am

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Shalieve5090 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

I have a feeling they brought him in to compete with Highsmith.

I think Highsmith is going to be special. Reading the camp notes from yesterday it sounded like he was giving guys fits. It's said he's looking bigger and stronger coming into camp. I don't think Ingram will be taking his spot, I think he's intended to be another piece in a rotation of pass rushers.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 3:04 pm

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

I agree mostly Eff but last year Spillane wasn't very good against the run. Hopefully he improves this year.
I get the impression you  believe Ingram will start opposite T.J.

don't know who will start highsmith or ingram but adding ingram will help the rotation and l think having bush next to spillane should help elevate spillane's play. wondering if buddy johnson can step up and become a starter like his size.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 8:49 pm

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

most people when thinking of spillane and how he played against the run ,only think of that 1 big hit. that doesnt sum up his body of work. he is defintely willing to lower the boom, but first one needs to be in the right position to lower said boom ... Steelers sign Melvin Ingram 469886443

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 1:37 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

most people when thinking of spillane and how he played against the run ,only think of that 1 big hit. that doesnt sum up his body of work. he is defintely willing to lower the boom, but first one needs to be in the right position to lower said boom ... Steelers sign Melvin Ingram 469886443

Totally agree. Spillane was too easily blocked by O-linemen on run plays (because he tended to get blocked 3-5 yards from the line of scrimmage, not at the point of attack of the ball carrier). He seemed to not read/react quick enough to avoid those blocks. I'll keep rooting for the guy to get better and make the plays a championship team needs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Melvin Ingram   Steelers sign Melvin Ingram Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers sign Melvin Ingram
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: