Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAdios Vince! Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Adios Vince!

Go down 
+3
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Adios Vince! Empty
PostSubject: Adios Vince!   Adios Vince! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 6:45 pm

Thank you Mr. Williams! Great Steeler wish him the best!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/longtime-steelers-linebacker-vince-williams-announces-his-retirement-from-the-nfl/amp/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Adios Vince! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adios Vince!   Adios Vince! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 7:44 pm

to be honest i wanted to see him replaced years ago. his skill set just did not translate to todays NFL. im not hating on the guy , i would have loved having him 25 years ago playing alongside of a levon kirkland. he was just born in the wrong era.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Adios Vince! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adios Vince!   Adios Vince! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 11:53 pm

I always liked Vince despite shortcomings because he always seemed respectful and I don't recall any media sensations with him. Are they a little short at LB again now?

solardave

Adios Vince! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adios Vince!   Adios Vince! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2021 4:22 am

It looks like Ulysses Gilbert III's chances just got better but he has to stay healthy. Let me also say that I liked VW as a leader..... last year showed us what it's like without Bush. Soft against the run.
We need Devon back healthy and for someone else to step up.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Adios Vince! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adios Vince!   Adios Vince! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 12:00 pm

@solardave wrote:
It looks like Ulysses Gilbert III's chances just got better but he has to stay healthy. Let me also say that I liked VW as a leader..... last year showed us what it's like without Bush. Soft against the run.

I'm with you. Gilbert has very strong physical capabilities, he just didn't put them to full use in his college career (hence the 6th round draft). He needs to: 1) prevent injury, otherwise I believe the Steelers begin to think about cutting bait; 2) produce to a level given his capabilities - the NFL is not a business you don't live up to your potential and stay employed very long.

I was really hoping Gilbert would be a hidden gem for the Steelers. 2 versatile middle linebackers could really help this team.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Adios Vince! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adios Vince!   Adios Vince! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 12:47 pm

Always liked him as a person. As a football player not so much.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Adios Vince! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adios Vince!   Adios Vince! EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 2:13 am

I love Vince, just a throwback kind of MLB. Unfortunately in the modern NFL you have to be athletic enough, especially playing in a 3-4 to get out there and cover RBs and TEs and that's where Vince was a liability. Getting after the run though, and even rushing the passer he was pretty solid. Hate to see him go, I think he'd of still been good depth, and still could've helped with some snaps defending the run in situations where opponents would obviously be running the ball. He was definitely an entertaining and physical guy. I wish him the best.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Adios Vince! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adios Vince!   Adios Vince! EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 7:37 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:

I'm with you. Gilbert has very strong physical capabilities, he just didn't put them to full use in his college career (hence the 6th round draft). He needs to: 1) prevent injury, otherwise I believe the Steelers begin to think about cutting bait; 2) produce to a level given his capabilities - the NFL is not a business you don't live up to your potential and stay employed very long.

I was really hoping Gilbert would be a hidden gem for the Steelers. 2 versatile middle linebackers could really help this team.
I had high hopes for him too. Maybe this is his breakout year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adios Vince! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adios Vince!   Adios Vince! Empty

Back to top Go down

Adios Vince!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: