Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBungles @ Steelers - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bungles @ Steelers

Go down 
+7
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
effyou515
Great Randino
LambertWardSteel
kirklandrules
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 5:44 pm

won't be able to run the ball if Ben can't prove to defenses that he can push the ball down field just put the defense within the first 15 yards.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Glad I missed this one today. Looks like epic garbage. Why is a 39 year old Ben throwing the ball 58 times still?? Also saw Juju got hurt. Players keep dropping like flies
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 6:24 pm

@Shalieve5090 wrote:
Glad I missed this one today. Looks like epic garbage. Why is a 39 year old Ben throwing the ball 58 times still?? Also saw Juju got hurt. Players keep dropping like flies

Because these guys used a 1st Round pick on a skill player and didn't do nearly enough to solidify this offensive line in the offseason. The o-line is swiss cheese, I read a stat that each lineman had a penalty today. On top of that Matt Canada is no better than Randy Fichtner. The scheme is atrocious, and the playcalling laughable. 4th and 10 on the Bengals 12yd line and they throw a screen to Najee Harris... I shut the game off after that.

Embarrassed two weeks in a row now at home by the f#%&#@$ Raiders and the Bungles. We out-Bungled the Bungles.

You could hear the fans at the stadium booing the team numerous times today and rightfully so. The Ravens are the walking wounded, still winning games. We lose one or two guys and this team is helpless. It's pretty pathetic to be completely honest.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 7:18 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
won't be able to run the ball if Ben can't prove to defenses that he can push the ball down field just put the defense within the first 15 yards.

and to push the ball downfield you need more than 1.5 seconds of blocking. see how it all comes back to the oline ? Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 469886443 chicken vs egg
whats Ben going to do when defenses take the najee check down away from him ?   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 2829330259

i am adjusting my prediction of 8 wins to 6 , i have no faith the players or coaches will right this ship this season.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 8:55 pm

Top 6 Steelers in Cap Hit (Total Salary = $96M)

Active Players (85)
Ben Roethlisberger $25,910,000
Joe Haden CB $15,575,000
T.J. Watt OLB $10,089,000
Stephon Tuitt DE $8,600,750
Cameron Heyward DT $7,481,250 -
Devin Bush ILB $5,146,845

6 players eating up 76% of the salary cap. Imagine if we had an extra $25M somewhere, and could have signed 5 good linemen for $5M each in the off-season.

I wonder where we could possibly have found $25M?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 10:29 pm

Hot flaming garbage as expected. Went cheap on the Oline and they will pay for it for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 11:39 pm

My $$$ might have been off regarding O-line money, but even 2 very good linemen added to the mix could have made a world of difference.

The problem isn't drafting Najee. The problem was not picking up some good linemen in free agency. But again, when your 39 year old immobile, inaccurate QB is eating up $25M, there's not a lot left over.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 1:50 am

This is tough to watch. Hopefully not as bad as years like 1988, 1999, or 2003.

1989 we started 4-6, including losing something like 90-7 to Clev and Cincy 1st 2games, ended up going 5-1 the rest of season, making Wild Card, and getting within a field goal of the AFC Championship game. I don't know where I'm going with this just maybe hoping and wishing for some kind of miracle.

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 2:51 am

the bad part is they borrowed against next years cap to put / keep this pile of shit team together and thought adding some tier two free agents would actually make them competitive. Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 1883569342

i have heard people speculating that tomlin might take over GM duties. i hope to hell he doesnt.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 5:37 am

If we stay true to form we'll probably go into Green Bay and win next week but I think Rogers will light us up like Christmas eve. It's gonna be a long season.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 6:19 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

and to push the ball downfield you need more than 1.5 seconds of blocking. see how it all comes back to the oline ? Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 469886443 chicken vs egg
whats Ben going to do when defenses take the najee check down away from him ?   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 2829330259

i am adjusting my prediction of 8 wins to 6 , i have no faith the players or coaches will right this ship this season.

no shit if the offense and Ben can't push those defenses out of the box it's going to be a long season.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 10:50 am

Let's sum it up:

- a QB who's done (just take a look at his second interception)
- an atrocious OL
- receivers dropping balls like hot potatoes, 7 yesterday
- and then there's the guy calling the plays on offense, read this article on Steelers Depot where Tomlin said in a pregame interview that it would be stupid to run the ball out of heavy sets against the Bengals. And what did Canada? Leading to 2 succesful runs on 14 attempts  Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 1505004552
https://steelersdepot.com/2021/09/the-steelers-rushing-gameplan-sunday-was-stupid-and-those-are-mike-tomlins-words/

What could possibly go wrong?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 12:57 pm

Ben has been done for the last 4 years. The FO and Tomlin made a huge mistake not going out and getting proven O-Linemen in FA and drafting them in the 1st and 2nd round.

Some of us have been saying it since the draft. Harris and Frieremuth were items the team could use SURE. HOWEVER when your Oline is in complete rebuild mode you simply cannot go cheap and roll dice like the organization did. This season is a wash. Hopefully the Oline can get some experience and gel but even if it does. BEN IS THROWING LIKE DOG SHIT. His passes and his decision making are absolutely terrible and have been for a while some folks just refuse to see it for what it is. Father time wins all the battles.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 4:12 pm

the next Steelers QB is going to have a great RB and QB friendly TE, o-line this offseason maybe the Steelers get a top 15 pick and draft a LT.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 4:29 pm

here is the side effects for 2022 of  putting  this shit show  on the field this year
these are the players that likely , or shouldnt be on the roster next year and shouldnt be on the roster this year.

dead cap hits

Ben - 10.34 million
schobert - 1.77
juju - 5.6
D Watt - 1.96
ebron - 3.9
alualu - .96
haeg - .5
wormly -.6
ingram - 2.34
layne - .23

thats $ 28.2 million that could have been used in free agency for the rebuild in 2022. being able to add 2 or 3 quality players with that 28.2  next year would have done a lot  to right this ship in the future. for example  it would have been more beneficial to give another TE extended playing time than watching ebron drop balls.

not only is there financially sacrifice, there is roster sacrifice. having these 10 kept 10 others from auditioning for 2022
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 5:22 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
the next Steelers QB is going to have a great RB and QB friendly TE, o-line this offseason maybe the Steelers get a top 15 pick and draft a LT.

i think that top 15 pick is in the bag. but im thinking maybe a QB might be on the wish list. im anxious to which college qb's shake rise to the top this year. the crop this year looks like a bunch of baker mayfields.  most around 6"1 ft... 205-215 lbs ,and questionable to average arm strength.  with the exeption of a few. i'll be keeping an eye on desmond ridder.

Matt Corral
QB, Ole Miss
Class RS Junior
 HT6'1"
 WT205 lbs

Malik Willis
QB, Liberty
Class RS Senior
HT6'1"
WT215 lbs

Sam Howell
QB, North Carolina
HT6'1"
WT220 lbs

Spencer Rattler
QB, Oklahoma
HT6'1"
WT205 lbs

Desmond Ridder
QB, Cincinnati
HT6'4"
WT215 lbs

Carson Strong
QB, Nevada
HT6'4"
   WT215 lbs

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 5:25 pm

Good article at Post Gazette by Joe Starkey about the game yesterday. He breaks down the most disturbing plays f the game. Below is #1 from the article. You have to wonder what Tomlin was thinking or what he meant by making a comment like this:

Joe Starkey: A truly pathetic day for a proud NFL franchise

Quote :
1 Yes, that really happened: I literally had to replay this one 10 times to make sure it happened. On 4th-and-10 from the Bengals 11, with time winding down, Ben dumped the ball to Najee Harris 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

What did he expect would happen?

What did Matt Canada expect would happen?

What did ANYBODY ON EARTH expect would happen?

Tomlin’s mind-blowing explanation of the play, which was called after a timeout and resulted in a 1-yard loss, seemed to indicate the Steelers were out of plays. Like, they just didn’t have any more.

“We had fired all our bullets at that juncture,” Tomlin said.

How about firing one more toward the end zone? Like something that at least had a chance of getting the first down.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2021/09/26/pittsburgh-steelers-cincinnati-bengals-najee-harris-ben-roethlisberger-matt-canada-mike-tomlin/stories/202109260199

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 5:26 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

i think that top 15 pick is in the bag. but im thinking maybe a QB might be on the wish list. im anxious to which college qb's shake rise to the top this year. the crop this year looks like a bunch of baker mayfields.  most around 6"1 ft... 205-215 lbs ,and questionable to average arm strength.  with the exeption of a few.

Matt Corral
QB, Ole Miss
Class RS Junior
 HT6'1"
 WT205 lbs

Malik Willis
QB, Liberty
Class RS Senior
HT6'1"
WT215 lbs

Sam Howell
QB, North Carolina
HT6'1"
WT220 lbs

Spencer Rattler
QB, Oklahoma
HT6'1"
WT205 lbs

Desmond Ridder
QB, Cincinnati
HT6'4"
WT215 lbs

Carson Strong
QB, Nevada
HT6'4"
   WT215 lbs

I'm not so sure we don't crack the top 10 next year's draft

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 5:28 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Good article at Post Gazette by Joe Starkey about the game yesterday. He breaks down the most disturbing plays f the game. Below is #1 from the article. You have to wonder what Tomlin was thinking or what he meant by making a comment like this:

Joe Starkey: A truly pathetic day for a proud NFL franchise

Quote :
1 Yes, that really happened: I literally had to replay this one 10 times to make sure it happened. On 4th-and-10 from the Bengals 11, with time winding down, Ben dumped the ball to Najee Harris 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

What did he expect would happen?

What did Matt Canada expect would happen?

What did ANYBODY ON EARTH expect would happen?

Tomlin’s mind-blowing explanation of the play, which was called after a timeout and resulted in a 1-yard loss, seemed to indicate the Steelers were out of plays. Like, they just didn’t have any more.

“We had fired all our bullets at that juncture,” Tomlin said.

How about firing one more toward the end zone? Like something that at least had a chance of getting the first down.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2021/09/26/pittsburgh-steelers-cincinnati-bengals-najee-harris-ben-roethlisberger-matt-canada-mike-tomlin/stories/202109260199

that excuse is as lame as one from the government on why they need to trample the constitution. out of plays ? fired all our bullets ? WTF ? Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 1505004552

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 4:04 am

Maybe Tomlin should of said "at that point we'd fired all of our BLANKS". I'll throw this out here. If you FIRED all of your bullets in any 60 minute game you shouldn't be coaching at any level.

Master_Of_Puppets, LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:44 am

Tomlinism... living in his fears....lol

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 4:59 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:

I'm not so sure we don't crack the top 10 next year's draft

yep. i predicted they would be even worse than last year , but they exceeded my expectations of sucktitude. i think they win 6 games at most , so that should get them in the top 10.
im seeing a lot of people putting this on Canada. if you watch any game Canada has coached in you would know what we have seen so far is not the offense he runs. he might not be the fix, but considering the problems were here before he got here , logic dictates you look at who was already here to find the problem. tomlin,colbert,ben.

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 5:58 pm

I also recently raised questions about Canada's offense and why we weren't seeing it.

Someone is handcuffing him. Wonder who it could be? You wouldn't have to be a very good guesser to figure it out.

On another note, I'll bet Joshua Dobbs could run Canada's offense to a tee.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 6:23 pm

Put Dobbs in tell him to read his #1 and #2 reads if it's not there take off and get a 1st down. That will make it easier on the Oline since they can't pass block for shit right now. Takes pressure off Dobbs to hold on to the ball for too long.

Ben is holding everything back. He definitely is holding back Canada from using his offense if you know what he likes doing.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 9:27 pm

I couldn't agree more with SteelerFreak. Love to see Dobbs run the Canada offense and see what he can do. Its not likely to happen, but they should consider it.

I think Ben will be on IR before long, and done for the season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bungles @ Steelers   Bungles @ Steelers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bungles @ Steelers
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: