Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeSteelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Steelers vs Packers 4:25

Go down 
+6
SteelerFreak58
solardave
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
effyou515
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 2023
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 9:53 pm

its another lose, but the good news is WE ON THE RIGHT TRACK ... Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 1549491426
WE ON THE TOP 10 PICK EXPRESS .. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 1372836603
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 2023
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 10:05 pm

anyone think juju regrets coming back ? 8 targets 2 catches for 11 yards. ben is reeking havoc on his future earnings ... Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 3029611895
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 2023
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 10:07 pm

i didnt watch the game. decided doing some car exhaust work was a better use of my time. but judging by the highlight it looked like the oline played better. am i right to think so ? looks to me like ben was just throwing shitty passes .. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2087824411

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 10:20 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i didnt watch the game. decided doing some car exhaust work was a better use of my time. but judging by the highlight it looked like the oline played better. am i right to think so ? looks to me like ben was just throwing shitty passes .. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2087824411

Oline wasn't that good. Ben missed a lot of passes his accuracy is awful. Once again the play calling and or QB decision making is pretty suspect. There were open receivers Ben just had a hard time passing catchable balls to them.

Harris did the best he could he is a strong runner put in a great effort with little support.


The problem is if we end up in the top 10 for drafting they are going to take a QB and will ruin him because they will leave him with a garbage Oline... a shame really...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 2023
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 10:47 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i didnt watch the game. decided doing some car exhaust work was a better use of my time. but judging by the highlight it looked like the oline played better. am i right to think so ? looks to me like ben was just throwing shitty passes .. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2087824411

Oline wasn't that good. Ben missed a lot of passes his accuracy is awful. Once again the play calling and or QB decision making is pretty suspect. There were open receivers Ben just had a hard time passing catchable balls to them.

Harris did the best he could he is a strong runner put in a great effort with little support.


The problem is if we end up in the top 10 for drafting they are going to take a QB and will ruin him because they will leave him with a garbage Oline... a shame really...

well the highlights were pretty extensive. they showed completions and some incompletions. looked like overall he had more time to get the ball out. najee had 60 yards, so at least he found some running room. it had to be better than the last 3 games ? Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 1059
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 2:26 am

I hope someone in the Steelers org listened to Tony Romo's comments on pass protection. He absolutely nailed it, explained how to help the line out and give Ben more time. And, they actually did it a few times down the stretch and it worked. Chip with the RB, chip with the TE, the Center can help the Guard, etc. It was very simple and very effective. The O-line personnel isn't terrible. There are a few young guys in there who shouldn't have had to start for another year - but the blocking scheme has to help - and too many times, it doesn't.

Najee is a freaking beast. He gets a lot of extra yards. He grinds hard. And he was able to run the ball same, and there were some openings.

Ben missed throws that should have been easy TD's to Ju Ju. At least twice. If he connects on those, its a completely different ballgame. Ju's Ju did his part, he got wide open - repeatedly. He's the best receiver we have.

Ben and his receivers are NOT on the same page - a lot of the time. I suspect it is partly because Ben practices so little during the week. I get it, he's nearly 40, and he's beat to hell every week after games. I cannot even imagine going through that and then trying to practice. But that's what it is. They need more time together, and they probably aren't going to get it because his body just can't hold up anymore.

James Washington is ridiculously underrated. That dude can ball out. He's open a LOT and he catches it and makes things happen. I'd keep him on the field as much as possible.

Need to get Freiermuth involved more.

The weapons are there. They just aren't getting the ball.

My 2 cents.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1400
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 7:37 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i didnt watch the game. decided doing some car exhaust work was a better use of my time. but judging by the highlight it looked like the oline played better. am i right to think so ? looks to me like ben was just throwing shitty passes .. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2087824411

Oline wasn't that good. Ben missed a lot of passes his accuracy is awful. Once again the play calling and or QB decision making is pretty suspect. There were open receivers Ben just had a hard time passing catchable balls to them.

Harris did the best he could he is a strong runner put in a great effort with little support.


The problem is if we end up in the top 10 for drafting they are going to take a QB and will ruin him because they will leave him with a garbage Oline... a shame really...

well the highlights were pretty extensive. they showed completions and some incompletions. looked like overall he had more time to get the ball out. najee had 60 yards, so at least he found some running room. it had to be better than the last 3 games ? Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2087824411

I thought this was Harris best game running. At one point he had 40 yds on 7 carries. He seemed to move the pile a few times. I don't think the blocked kick was offsides at all. It should have stood and it was a 10 point swing in the game. That and Ben's missed passes, especially to JuJu, were the game.

_________________
Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 $_35
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5371
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 7:40 am

@Great Randino wrote:
I hope someone in the Steelers org listened to Tony Romo's comments on pass protection.  He absolutely nailed it, explained how to help the line out and give Ben more time.  And, they actually did it a few times down the stretch and it worked.  Chip with the RB, chip with the TE, the Center can help the Guard, etc.  It was very simple and very effective.  The O-line personnel isn't terrible.  There are a few young guys in there who shouldn't have had to start for another year - but the blocking scheme has to help - and too many times, it doesn't.

Najee is a freaking beast.  He gets a lot of extra yards.  He grinds hard.  And he was able to run the ball same, and there were some openings.

Ben missed throws that should have been easy TD's to Ju Ju.  At least twice.  If he connects on those, its a completely different ballgame.    Ju's Ju did his part, he got wide open - repeatedly.  He's the best receiver we have.

Ben and his receivers are NOT on the same page - a lot of the time.  I suspect it is partly because Ben practices so little during the week.  I get it, he's nearly 40, and he's beat to hell every week after games.  I cannot even imagine going through that and then trying to practice.  But that's what it is.  They need more time together, and they probably aren't going to get it because his body just can't hold up anymore.  

James Washington is ridiculously underrated.  That dude can ball out.  He's open a LOT and he catches it and makes things happen.  I'd keep him on the field as much as possible.

Need to get Freiermuth involved more.

The weapons are there.  They just aren't getting the ball.

My 2 cents.

My 2 cents.

Our oline although they seem to be improving it is still pathetic. Constantly getting pushed back.

Ben probably won't last the season before being injured and if he does he isn't getting done what we need. His accuracy is gone. Sure we can blame it on the line but if you have enough time for JuJu to get open twice and you miss him both times...I rest my case.
The defense is not attacking the ball. More than once I saw Bush,Minkah and others on short yardage situations let the RB run up to them instead of attacking and even then missing tackles.

In the secondary the theme of the day was blown coverage. The middle was wide open all day AGAIN.
The blocked FG for a td was a great played called back by idiots refs. The fact that TJ got hooked by the RT,poked in the eye by the RT and Romo never mentioned it leads me to believe some calls are predestined.
I won't say this caused us to lose the game. It didn't but how many bad calls non calls have to happen before we say "the fix is on"?

This isn't just happening to us. I watch other games and there's a clear penalty that can effect the outcome and the announcers don't even mention it.

Bottom line. We have to play a lot better than we have to offset bad officiating and I don't see that happening.

I told my wife the way they're playing right now I don't know if we'll win another game this year. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2913999526
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1270
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 10:55 am



Master_Of_Puppets, kirklandrules, solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1771
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 12:40 pm

Good post Stella. If you watch the video, Freiermuth is open and could easily pick up the 1st down on that play. In fact, the middle of the field was open all day. Was stunned that they weren't throwing to the TE more. Gotta say that I'm extremely underwhelmed with Canada's offense and play calling thus far. They had 3 attempts on 4th down and I don't think a single attempt had a pass beyond the sticks. And it's not like it was 4th and 20 or anything ... I believe the longest was 4th and 5 ... and they threw a 2 yarder to JuJu. They also mentioned how Ben has never had an OC in the booth, they've always been on the sideline. Near the end of the game it was the offensive players (Ben and WRs) talking and sharing frustration .. no Canada to be seen to help inject something to his players.  Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2744185472

I'll post back more, but thought Ben had some decent time yesterday and didn't make the most of it.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 1059
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 3:22 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
Good post Stella. If you watch the video, Freiermuth is open and could easily pick up the 1st down on that play. In fact, the middle of the field was open all day. Was stunned that they weren't throwing to the TE more. Gotta say that I'm extremely underwhelmed with Canada's offense and play calling thus far. They had 3 attempts on 4th down and I don't think a single attempt had a pass beyond the sticks. And it's not like it was 4th and 20 or anything ... I believe the longest was 4th and 5 ... and they threw a 2 yarder to JuJu. They also mentioned how Ben has never had an OC in the booth, they've always been on the sideline. Near the end of the game it was the offensive players (Ben and WRs) talking and sharing frustration .. no Canada to be seen to help inject something to his players.  Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2744185472

I'll post back more, but thought Ben had some decent time yesterday and didn't make the most of it.
That was a great demonstration of the biggest issue with the Offense. Ben.

I hate to even post that, he's done so much for the Steelers through the years. But at this point, he cannot run the offense.

Hard to blame Canada's play calling when you see things like that. The play call was fine. TE was open for an easy first down.

Great job by Stella in posting that. It illustrates what the real situation is.

Kirkland, to your point....it is possible, and even probable, that all these plays have multiple options. The plays where the pass is made behind the line of scrimmage....one possibility, and the QB is supposed to make the right read and throw the ball to the right place accordingly. But Ben checked down, that was his decision to throw to the outlet. Other options were very likely part of that play.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 1059
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 3:27 pm

Another thought, and this dates back to preseason. I was worried early on. Winning pre-season games is really irrelevant. What was concerning is this: When our starting O was in, early in the game, we weren't moving the ball. That was a bad omen. it makes no difference if the 4th string can score 2 TD's in the 4th quarter.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Mason - but I do believe that he's the next man up, and should be given the opportunity to run the offense. If he can't do it, then Dwayne. Then Dobbs (of course, you all know that if I had my way, Dobbs would get the shot right now to be the starter. But realistically, that's not going to happen).

Ben to IR, call it a career, go with the 3 the rest of the season, find out what we have so we know whether to draft QB early next spring (answer is probably yes though, despite all those good O-linemen available).

Another note: some of the current linemen will likely mature into good linemen. Its just too early for them. Don't give up on the young ones long-term.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 2023
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 4:34 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Another thought, and this dates back to preseason.  I was worried early on.  Winning pre-season games is really irrelevant.  What was concerning is this:  When our starting O was in, early in the game, we weren't moving the ball.  That was a bad omen.  it makes no difference if the 4th string can score 2 TD's in the 4th quarter.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Mason - but I do believe that he's the next man up, and should be given the opportunity to run the offense.  If he can't do it, then Dwayne.  Then Dobbs (of course, you all know that if I had my way, Dobbs would get the shot right now to be the starter.  But realistically, that's not going to happen).

Ben to IR, call it a career, go with the 3 the rest of the season, find out what we have so we know whether to draft QB early next spring (answer is probably yes though, despite all those good O-linemen available).

Another note:  some of the current linemen will likely mature into good linemen.  Its just too early for them.  Don't give up on the young ones long-term.
well the saying is, you're only as good as your last game. mason played respectably in his last game against the browns. unlike ben he at least can throw a deep ball.
that browns game was the first time mason seemed to have the handcuffs off and was allowed to play his game. he actually looked confident.



SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 1059
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 4:51 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
Another thought, and this dates back to preseason.  I was worried early on.  Winning pre-season games is really irrelevant.  What was concerning is this:  When our starting O was in, early in the game, we weren't moving the ball.  That was a bad omen.  it makes no difference if the 4th string can score 2 TD's in the 4th quarter.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Mason - but I do believe that he's the next man up, and should be given the opportunity to run the offense.  If he can't do it, then Dwayne.  Then Dobbs (of course, you all know that if I had my way, Dobbs would get the shot right now to be the starter.  But realistically, that's not going to happen).

Ben to IR, call it a career, go with the 3 the rest of the season, find out what we have so we know whether to draft QB early next spring (answer is probably yes though, despite all those good O-linemen available).

Another note:  some of the current linemen will likely mature into good linemen.  Its just too early for them.  Don't give up on the young ones long-term.
well the saying is, you're only as good as your last game. mason played respectably in his last game against the browns. unlike ben he at least can throw a deep ball.
that browns game was the first time mason seemed to have the handcuffs off and was allowed to play his game. he actually looked confident.




Agreed.

At this point he's earned the chance to give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4596
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 4:54 pm

Ben got out played by Rodgers, Rodgers completed the tight window passes, Ben well his passes were high or behind a few times.

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4596
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 5:00 pm

Steelers notebook: Special teams penalty on blocked field goal 'momentum swinger'
https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-notebook-special-teams-penalty-on-blocked-field-goal-momentum-swinger/


Quote :
With the Green Bay Packers trying to build on a four-point lead late in the first half, the Pittsburgh Steelers were intent on blunting the momentum heading into intermission.

They thought they accomplished it, too, when Joe Haden and Minkah Fitzpatrick broke through the line and blocked Mason Crosby’s 31-yard field goal attempt. Fitzpatrick picked up the loose ball and ran all the way to the end zone for an apparent 75-yard touchdown.

A flag back at the line of scrimmage killed a score that would have given the Steelers a 17-14 advantage. Haden was called for being offside.



l'm not a whiner but this didn't help.

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1400
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 5:06 pm

Paul Zeise at Post Gazette has an article about Ben today: Paul Zeise: Ben Roethlisberger is killing the Steelers' chances of winning football games

In the article he quotes former Steeler Chris Hoke who is now an analyst:

Quote :
“Ben is putting them in a very difficult situation,” said Hoke, who was a teammate of Roethlisberger’s early in his career. “He is in the same spot 90%-95% of the time. They’re not moving the pocket. They’re not doing play action. They’re not doing any kind of rolling out. Ben can’t move. … He can’t step up in the pocket. There are times he’s getting hit, and there is a pocket he can step up into — and he’s still not doing it”


https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/paul-zeise/2021/10/04/Ben-Roethlisberger-is-killing-the-Steelers-mason-rudolph-dwayne-haskins-mike-tomlin-backup-quarterback-packers/stories/202110030243

Cowher made a similar comment on the halftime show saying age had caught up to him and he wasn't able to scramble like before. I don't think Ben is the only problem but he is a key variable in the equation. It is hard to believe the Steelers would bench Ben. But an "injury" and move to IR may come up.

_________________
Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 $_35

effyou515, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1400
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 5:11 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
Steelers notebook: Special teams penalty on blocked field goal 'momentum swinger'
https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-notebook-special-teams-penalty-on-blocked-field-goal-momentum-swinger/


Quote :
With the Green Bay Packers trying to build on a four-point lead late in the first half, the Pittsburgh Steelers were intent on blunting the momentum heading into intermission.

They thought they accomplished it, too, when Joe Haden and Minkah Fitzpatrick broke through the line and blocked Mason Crosby’s 31-yard field goal attempt. Fitzpatrick picked up the loose ball and ran all the way to the end zone for an apparent 75-yard touchdown.

A flag back at the line of scrimmage killed a score that would have given the Steelers a 17-14 advantage. Haden was called for being offside.



l'm not a whiner but this didn't help.

I really don't think they were offsides on the block. It really looked like they left right as the ball was snapped. In the end Rodgers likely would have done what was needed to overcome it anyhow, but that play was a 10 point swing...which is how much they lost the game by.

_________________
Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 $_35

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 2023
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 6:01 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
That punt was hot garbage, wtf Harvin...

Arm strength definitely not an issue for Ben, accuracy though... Dude stop trying to hit home runs and just get the ball to the receiver.
arm strength and accuracy go hand in hand. the more effort you have to make a ball travel the the desired distance and speed the less accurate you will be. i guarantee 40 year old ben struggles a lot more to throw the ball 40,50 60 yds than 20 year old ben did. you have to change your mechanics and motion when throwing a fast ball compared  to lobbing the ball or putting a light touch on it. throw a rock, ball or whatever at a tree or something from from 10 or 20 yards away. just try to hit the tree. then throw a fastball at the tree. see how your accuracy changes.
when i was 20 i could throw a ball probably 45-50 yards without moving my feet. now at 53 if i tried to throw that far i'd have to do a big wind up and get a running start.  Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 1505004552
its the same with kickers. the longer the distance the less accurate they are. you dont see 30 yard kicks going 5 yards outside the goal post. concentrating on swinging that leg harder instead of where your foot connects with the ball.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 1059
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 6:19 pm

They really need to be able to review plays like the blocked punt. If you can review scoring plays, then that should come under the same category. In short, you shouldn't be penalized for timing it perfectly, which Joe and Minkah did.

It was a 10 point swing and it would have completely changed the game. Would we have ended up winning? We'll never know, but the game would have unfolded quite differently.

That said - when you're done you're done. And Ben is DONE.

Do the right thing, Ben. Go on IR and call it a career. We will always cherish what you did for our Steelers, but your time is up.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 2023
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 6:36 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
Ben got out played by Rodgers, Rodgers completed the tight window passes, Ben well his passes were high or behind a few times.
i see people are lobbying to pick up rodgers next year. dude will be 38 yrs old. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 1505004552 father time is catching up to him as well.he is better than ben but for how long ? seems like to risky of an investment. GB isnt gonna let him go for free and his current contract has him making 27 mill next year. . he was 20 for 36 ? ben was 26 /40. , i'd say they both were less than impressive.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 6:56 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Paul Zeise at Post Gazette has an article about Ben today: Paul Zeise: Ben Roethlisberger is killing the Steelers' chances of winning football games

In the article he quotes former Steeler Chris Hoke who is now an analyst:

Quote :
“Ben is putting them in a very difficult situation,” said Hoke, who was a teammate of Roethlisberger’s early in his career. “He is in the same spot 90%-95% of the time. They’re not moving the pocket. They’re not doing play action. They’re not doing any kind of rolling out. Ben can’t move. … He can’t step up in the pocket. There are times he’s getting hit, and there is a pocket he can step up into — and he’s still not doing it”


https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/paul-zeise/2021/10/04/Ben-Roethlisberger-is-killing-the-Steelers-mason-rudolph-dwayne-haskins-mike-tomlin-backup-quarterback-packers/stories/202110030243

Cowher made a similar comment on the halftime show saying age had caught up to him and he wasn't able to scramble like before. I don't think Ben is the only problem but he is a key variable in the equation. It is hard to believe the Steelers would bench Ben. But an "injury" and move to IR may come up.

Zeise pretty much summed it up...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 1059
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 8:47 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Ben got out played by Rodgers, Rodgers completed the tight window passes, Ben well his passes were high or behind a few times.
i see people are lobbying to pick up rodgers next year. dude will be 38 yrs old. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 1505004552  father time is catching up to him as well.he is better than ben but for how long ? seems like to risky of an investment. GB isnt gonna let him go for free and his current contract has him making 27 mill next year. .   he was 20 for 36 ? ben was 26 /40. , i'd say they both were less than impressive.
I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. I watched the game. I don't know what the stats ended up being ,but Rodgers still has mobility ,vision down the field, and can fit a ball in tight spaces, and did so numerous times. Rodgers is so much better than Ben right now that it doesn't even warrant a comparison.

That said, Rodgers ain't coming here. And if he did, we wouldn't have the cap space to surround him with championship talent anyway.

Next year we need a lot less $$$ spent on QB position, say goodbye to Haden, probably a few others, and have some $$ to rebuild.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 11:42 pm

Matt Feiler tearing it up for the Chargers tonight at LG pass blocking and run blocking.... sigh...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 2023
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 12:50 am

@Great Randino wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Ben got out played by Rodgers, Rodgers completed the tight window passes, Ben well his passes were high or behind a few times.
i see people are lobbying to pick up rodgers next year. dude will be 38 yrs old. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 1505004552  father time is catching up to him as well.he is better than ben but for how long ? seems like to risky of an investment. GB isnt gonna let him go for free and his current contract has him making 27 mill next year. .   he was 20 for 36 ? ben was 26 /40. , i'd say they both were less than impressive.
I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.  I watched the game.  I don't know what the stats ended up being ,but Rodgers still has mobility ,vision down the field, and can fit a ball in tight spaces, and did so numerous times.  Rodgers is so much better than Ben right now that it doesn't even warrant a comparison.

That said, Rodgers ain't coming here.  And if he did, we wouldn't have the cap space to surround him with championship talent anyway.

Next year we need a lot less $$$ spent on QB position, say goodbye to Haden, probably a few others, and have some $$ to rebuild.
so what are you disagreeing with me about ?
i gave his stats 20/36-(55%) 248 yds-2tds -sacked 3 times ( not really worthy of game MVP stats )
i said he is better than ben , in fact i think he has always been better than ben. i would also say he is and has suffered  from lack of talent around him.
i also alluded to the cost in draft capital, which i imagine will be a 1st round + ,  and his contract if they pursued his services.
Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2087824411

edit: dont underestimate the steelers odds for future stupid roster / cap moves in the future. after all they did think bringing ben back for another year and pushing more of his cap in to 2022 was a good move. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 2893009358


Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total

solardave, LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers vs Packers 4:25
Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: