Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs Packers 4:25

Go down 
+6
SteelerFreak58
solardave
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
effyou515
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:14 am

I disagree that he was less than impressive. He made a lot more precision passes than Ben. In short, he still has it. Ben is not even remotely close.

Whether Rodgers can continue next year is up for debate. But right now he's not showing his age.

The rest, I'd be in agreement with you on.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:55 am

@Great Randino wrote:
I disagree that he was less than impressive.  He made a lot more precision passes than Ben.  In short, he still has it.  Ben is not even remotely close.

Whether Rodgers can continue next year is up for debate.  But right now he's not showing his age.

The rest, I'd be in agreement with you on.
but i wasnt comparing  their talent. i just said neither had a good game. a 55% completion percentage and taking 3 sacks is not a good day. was it better than bens ? sure. he didnt throw a pick or blow as many opportunity's as ben did. plus he got the W. his arm, legs and decision making are certainly far more superior to bens at this stage. ben has got a lot more mileage on his body than rodgers does. ben was getting the shit knocked out of him while rodgers was holding a clipboard.

Quote :
Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady is set to break the NFL’s all-time record for passing yards on Sunday Night Football, but last week he broke a record he’d prefer not to have.

Brady was sacked three times on Sunday against the Rams, meaning he has now been sacked an NFL-record 527 times in his career. The previous record of 525 times sacked was owned by Brett Favre.

As PFT noted before the season, Brady and Ben Roethlisberger were both sure to break Favre’s record for times sacked this season. Roethlisberger is currently at 524 times sacked in his career, so if he takes four sacks on Sunday afternoon against the Packers he would break Brady’s record. Brady could then take the record back on Sunday night against the Patriots***.

Unlike sacks for defensive players, which the NFL only began officially recognizing in 1982, times sacked for quarterbacks has been an official NFL statistic since 1963. And before then, quarterbacks just didn’t pass enough to rack up the kinds of sack numbers of quarterbacks today. So it’s fair to say Brady has been sacked more times than anyone else in NFL history.

rodgers has been sacked 476 times...he is 8th on the list.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_career.htm
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 3:41 am

Sad to say, but right now Ben is the 4th best QB on the roster. I would never bench him though as I don't want the Steelers to do the same as the Giants did with Eli Manning. IR probably would be the most humane decision, but Art II, KC and MT should first have an extensive talk with Ben about how he sees it. It could very well be that Ben doesn't want to admit to himself that he's done.

solardave, LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:32 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
Sad to say, but right now Ben is the 4th best QB on the roster. I would never bench him though as I don't want the Steelers to do the same as the Giants did with Eli Manning. IR probably would be the most humane decision, but Art II, KC and MT should first have an extensive talk with Ben about how he sees it. It could very well be that Ben doesn't want to admit to himself that he's done.

I said earlier in a thread that it's hard to tell if it's Ben or the line but I'll point to the 2 missed almost certain TDs to JuJu that he flat out missed. Also his poor decision making on the 4th & 4 when he had Freirmuth open for a first down with time to make the throw but he panicked and dumped it off to Harris. I think when we are 1-9 or 2-10 we may see a change. It would be stupid not to see what we have with the other 3. That way if we find out we don't have to draft a QB we can go after a couple stud o-lineman.

Master_Of_Puppets and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:13 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

I said earlier in a thread that it's hard to tell if it's Ben or the line but I'll point to the 2 missed almost certain TDs to JuJu that he flat out missed. Also his poor decision making on the 4th & 4 when he had Freirmuth open for a first down with time to make the throw but he panicked and dumped it off to Harris. I think when we are 1-9 or 2-10 we may see a change. It would be stupid not to see what we have with the other 3. That way if we find out we don't have to draft a QB we can go after a couple stud o-lineman.

How about the fumble on 3rd and 8 that led to points for the Packers? The play before Ben throws it 4 feet behind Juju on 2nd and 8. If he is anywhere near Juju's hands it's either a 3rd and about 1 or a first down. Instead Ben throws a terrible pass no where close to Juju and it set Ben up for 3rd and long. The defense pins it's ears back and goes after Ben and blam a fumble.... leading to Packers getting awesome field position and putting points on the board.

Ben isn't making easy throws that should be made. PERIOD. He is and hasn't been accurate for years now and it puts him in really tough situational downs. His time is long past and the fan base is finally catching on to one of the major problems. He is immobile, he is making poor decisions, he is in accurate, he is a liability. He no longer has what it takes to win football games in the NFL. He should have retired 2 years ago but his pride and ego wouldn't let him.

Is the Oline part of the problem? Yup it sure is but EVERYONE knew it would take at least 4to 8 games for the line to gel if it ever does. Blaming the line is a scapegoat for the terrible QBing that is going on and is now pretty evident.

Ben is creating his own problems by not making the easy passes when they are there. It has a direct effect on how defenses are preparing and reacting in game situations.

Master_Of_Puppets and kirklandrules like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:41 pm

Post Gazette reporting Ben has hip injury and his practice could be limited this week. Tomlin says he's confident in Rudolph if Ben can't play Sunday. He goes onto say there's nothing wrong with Ben other than he doesn't have mobility he used to:

Quote :
Tomlin was asked if Roethlisberger was still the best quarterback for this team.

“Absolutely,” he said. “What he does and what he’s done makes me really comfortable saying that.”

Tomlin said most of the issues Roethlisberger is encountering are fixable: “Everything except mobility. I don’t have an answer for that. Ben used to be able to run really good when he was young. Those days are behind him. Other than that, I don’t see much in terms of technical, alterations or quality of play that can’t be improved.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/10/05/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-hip-injury-mike-tomlin-mason-rudolph/stories/202110050118

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 $_35
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 2:11 pm

Well its kind of a no-brainer. Tomlin is not going to throw his QB under the bus, he's got far too much class for that.

But, ladies (if any are present here) and gentlemen....

It has BEGUN.

The groundwork has been set. That Hip injury opens the door for them to play Mason this week. Then, "Oh - its worse than we originally thought" - one step away from IR.

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 2:27 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Post Gazette reporting Ben has hip injury and his practice could be limited this week. Tomlin says he's confident in Rudolph if Ben can't play Sunday. He goes onto say there's nothing wrong with Ben other than he doesn't have mobility he used to:

Quote :
Tomlin was asked if Roethlisberger was still the best quarterback for this team.

“Absolutely,” he said. “What he does and what he’s done makes me really comfortable saying that.”

Tomlin said most of the issues Roethlisberger is encountering are fixable: “Everything except mobility. I don’t have an answer for that. Ben used to be able to run really good when he was young. Those days are behind him. Other than that, I don’t see much in terms of technical, alterations or quality of play that can’t be improved.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/10/05/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-hip-injury-mike-tomlin-mason-rudolph/stories/202110050118

A little fan prepping for the IR call for Ben? Dude is 2-8 the last 10 games... he can't or won't implement Canada's offense.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 2:33 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:

Quote :

A little fan prepping for the IR call for Ben? Dude is 2-8 the last 10 games... he can't or won't implement Canada's offense.
YES.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 3:50 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Kirkland, to your point....it is possible, and even probable, that all these plays have multiple options.  The plays where the pass is made behind the line of scrimmage....one possibility, and the QB is supposed to make the right read and throw the ball to the right place accordingly.  But Ben checked down, that was his decision to throw to the outlet.  Other options were very likely part of that play.

Apologies for the late response, been busy these days.

Any receiver running a route is an option for Ben. The issue I'm seeing is that's he's willing to immediately go to the final safety value route (dump off to the RB) without looking at other receivers. I have to imagine he's not confident in his O-line, maybe for good reason ... however, the 4th down against the Raiders and that 4th down check down to Najee against the Packers, he had time. When a QB is pressured, hit, sacked, they get a case of PTSD and tend to rush their plays.

This is my guess, but I think the combined lack of faith in his O-line as well as maybe not being 100% comfortable with the playbook, he's going to the check down pass too quickly. And this seems to be an issue any time he feels the heat, not just 4th and short.

And as SteelerFreak points out, he's missing plenty of easy throws. I'm not sure why, maybe it's his mechanics or maybe he's just lost it.

Rudolph might provide a better chance for success than Ben at this point. However, I don't think he would have been able to change the outcome of all 3 losses, maybe 1 (Raiders game). The Steelers won't toss Ben out at this point, especially since he's really not injured. In an earlier post I mentioned the coaches had to assume the O-line would take a handful of games to come together. The same must apply to a brand new offense.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 4:37 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
Kirkland, to your point....it is possible, and even probable, that all these plays have multiple options.  The plays where the pass is made behind the line of scrimmage....one possibility, and the QB is supposed to make the right read and throw the ball to the right place accordingly.  But Ben checked down, that was his decision to throw to the outlet.  Other options were very likely part of that play.

Apologies for the late response, been busy these days.

Any receiver running a route is an option for Ben. The issue I'm seeing is that's he's willing to immediately go to the final safety value route (dump off to the RB) without looking at other receivers. I have to imagine he's not confident in his O-line, maybe for good reason ... however, the 4th down against the Raiders and that 4th down check down to Najee against the Packers, he had time. When a QB is pressured, hit, sacked, they get a case of PTSD and tend to rush their plays.

This is my guess, but I think the combined lack of faith in his O-line as well as maybe not being 100% comfortable with the playbook, he's going to the check down pass too quickly. And this seems to be an issue any time he feels the heat, not just 4th and short.

And as SteelerFreak points out, he's missing plenty of easy throws. I'm not sure why, maybe it's his mechanics or maybe he's just lost it.

Rudolph might provide a better chance for success than Ben at this point. However, I don't think he would have been able to change the outcome of all 3 losses, maybe 1 (Raiders game). The Steelers won't toss Ben out at this point, especially since he's really not injured. In an earlier post I mentioned the coaches had to assume the O-line would take a handful of games to come together. The same must apply to a brand new offense.

All good.

I agree with you regarding Ben and his decision making. I do wonder how much his lack of practicing plays into it. He's obviously not on the same page with receivers - and we know he hardly practices during the week. There was a time he could pull that off, but at this point, its gotta be a factor.

I don't really think Mason is the answer. I hope I'm wrong though, and I think the Steelers need to find that out, one way or the other, especially in this, his contract year. I think, most likely, a few weeks in, the fan base might be calling for another QB again. I reiterate, I hope I'm wrong about that and that he makes a huge difference.

I honestly think the Green Bay game was a winnable game. I think the line played well enough to win and the D played well enough to win. Let's just say Ben makes 3 of those passes that he missed - the two TD passes to Ju Ju, and the easy 4th down completion to Freiermuth. Those three plays right there get us in the thick of it. Not even counting the bogus offsides call, either, which we have no control over. I definitely think Mason could have made those plays.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 5:05 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Ben got out played by Rodgers, Rodgers completed the tight window passes, Ben well his passes were high or behind a few times.
i see people are lobbying to pick up rodgers next year. dude will be 38 yrs old. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 1505004552  father time is catching up to him as well.he is better than ben but for how long ? seems like to risky of an investment. GB isnt gonna let him go for free and his current contract has him making 27 mill next year. .   he was 20 for 36 ? ben was 26 /40. , i'd say they both were less than impressive.

nope Rodgers looking like the better QB

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 5:11 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:

Quote :

the pathway to IR.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 5:13 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

How about the fumble on 3rd and 8 that led to points for the Packers? The play before Ben throws it 4 feet behind Juju on 2nd and 8. If he is anywhere near Juju's hands it's either a 3rd and about 1 or a first down. Instead Ben throws a terrible pass no where close to Juju and it set Ben up for 3rd and long. The defense pins it's ears back and goes after Ben and blam a fumble.... leading to Packers getting awesome field position and putting points on the board.

Ben isn't making easy throws that should be made. PERIOD. He is and hasn't been accurate for years now and it puts him in really tough situational downs. His time is long past and the fan base is finally catching on to one of the major problems. He is immobile, he is making poor decisions, he is in accurate, he is a liability. He no longer has what it takes to win football games in the NFL. He should have retired 2 years ago but his pride and ego wouldn't let him.

Is the Oline part of the problem? Yup it sure is but EVERYONE knew it would take at least 4to 8 games for the line to gel if it ever does. Blaming the line is a scapegoat for the terrible QBing that is going on and is now pretty evident.

Ben is creating his own problems by not making the easy passes when they are there. It has a direct effect on how defenses are preparing and reacting in game situations.

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 3964572787 ....nice summary. if you aint part of the solution you are part of the problem. ben is not part of the solution. he wasnt last year either and it should have been obvious to EVERYONE. after watching ben this year im beginning to wonder if maybe he should have taken A LOT more of the blame we put on fichtners offense. that dink and dunk, check down shit show may have been as much as bens brain child as fichtners. he is obviously shell shocked and has PTSD. HE feels pressure that isnt there.
as a cautionary tale , when you get to the point that you feel it best to give uninjured players an extra day off of practice, it may be time to give serious consideration to finding a legit future starter. be proactive instead of reactive. dont keep backups on the roster for 4-5 years that you dont feel have legit starter potential. i think 3 years should be plenty of time for a player to shit or get off the pot. Chris Hoke > Dan McCullers ...see a difference ?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 5:20 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Ben got out played by Rodgers, Rodgers completed the tight window passes, Ben well his passes were high or behind a few times.
i see people are lobbying to pick up rodgers next year. dude will be 38 yrs old. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 1505004552  father time is catching up to him as well.he is better than ben but for how long ? seems like to risky of an investment. GB isnt gonna let him go for free and his current contract has him making 27 mill next year. .   he was 20 for 36 ? ben was 26 /40. , i'd say they both were less than impressive.

nope Rodgers looking like the better QB
but what would you give up to have him on the roster next year ? a first round pick ? 2 first ? noway im giving up a 1st for a player who could decide to retire after a year.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 6:41 pm

go to the 6:02 mark on this video. click settings and put playback speed at .25...THEY WERE NOT OFFSIDES on that block. the center was moving the ball before any steeler moved. the packers were just late in moving.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 6:53 pm

here is a bonehead play by dionte nobody has mentioned. he CLEARLY could have gotten the 1st down by just falling forward. instead he runs sideways and doesnt get the 1st. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 2913999526 there's 3 guys right infront of him so why is he still trying to juke them ? in that situation you put your damn head down and run forward.

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 Johnso10
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 7:13 pm

here is a bonehead play by dionte nobody has mentioned. he CLEARLY could have gotten the 1st down by just falling forward. instead he runs sideways and doesnt get the 1st. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 2913999526  there's 3 guys right infront of him so why is he still trying to juke them ? in that situation you put your damn head down and run forward.

Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 Johnso10
I'm not much of a fan of Diontae. I'd much prefer having ju Ju and James Washington. Those guys play hard and give their all. I just don't see that with Diontae.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 7:43 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
here is a bonehead play by dionte nobody has mentioned. he CLEARLY could have gotten the 1st down by just falling forward. instead he runs sideways and doesnt get the 1st. Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 2913999526  there's 3 guys right infront of him so why is he still trying to juke them ? in that situation you put your damn head down and run forward.
I'm not much of a fan of Diontae.  I'd much prefer having ju Ju and James Washington.  Those guys play hard and give their all.  I just don't see that with Diontae.

he is a talented guy and could have an AB like impact. his problems are mental lapses. he drops balls because he is looking for where he is going instead of catching it. this play right here supports that. instead of taking a sure 1st down on 3rd he is looking for a way to get more yards. tomlin likes to throw out the term situational football. apparently he never explains what it means to his players. guys run routes on the wrong side of the sticks, ben throws the ball backwards on 4th down. running backs running towards the sidelines in short yardage situations instead of lowering the head and shoulders . i guess they think they are being clever. i mean nobody expects that kind of stupidity so it should work...right  Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 2829330259 i mean common sense is over rated .  Shocked

i think when canada calls the plays in to ben he needs to say things like
1. we are in field goal position. whatever you do dont take a sack. throw it away if its not there
2. ben we need 5 yards. tell the recievers to run their routes PAST the 1st down marker.
3. ben its 4th down. dont throw it behind the line of scrimmage. throw up a prayer towards someone. it has a better chance of success than throwing it 8 yards behind the 1st down.
4 theres 30 seconds on the clock. make sure the receiver gets out of bounds instead of fighting for a few extra yards.
5 we need half a yard. tell the RB to pick a hole and commit to it. dont run sideways.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:04 pm

And sometimes players don't listen when the coach tells them things.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 12:19 am

@Great Randino wrote:
And sometimes players don't listen when the coach tells them things.
then that means they are not a good coach .
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 1:03 am

Or they are not a good player.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 1:17 am

@Great Randino wrote:
Or they are not a good player.
and who decides who plays ?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 1:23 am

So, what you're saying, in effect, is whenever a player doesn't listen to his coach, its the coach's fault. Okay, got it.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 1:40 am

@Great Randino wrote:
So, what you're saying, in effect, is whenever a player doesn't listen to his coach, its the coach's fault.  Okay, got it.
its the coaches fault if they dont correct it. thats their job.
i have never had a job that wouldnt have resulted in me be firing if i didnt do what the boss said or was unable to do what the boss said. have you ?  head coaches ARE the boss. the team manager. it is their job to weed out bad employees who cant follow instructions or perform their job at an acceptable level. personally i have never thought tomlin was very good at managing the roster. here we are 4 games into the season and 3 backup RB's  have a combined 2 carries. WTF was the point of keeping so many RB's ? Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 2829330259

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Packers 4:25   Steelers vs Packers 4:25 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs Packers 4:25
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: