Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBroncos @ Steelers - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Broncos @ Steelers

Go down 
+6
SteelerFreak58
IowaSteeler927
Shalieve5090
Master_Of_Puppets
solardave
Great Randino
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broncos @ Steelers   Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 7:59 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Yeah, really sick of the same old build a lead/dominate, then hang on at the end to win. I mean not that we've won a lot this year but we've all seen this pattern for a long time.

Imagine watching the Hawkeyes on Saturdays and the Steelers on Sundays...

Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 Giphy

I DVR'd and watched the game, was pulling for Iowa to win. Congrats. Iowa's uniforms confused my wife...she couldn't figure out how I was watching Steelers on Saturday.

Thanks man! Definitely a good feeling. Penn State usually gives us a lot of a trouble, gone are the years when we just had PSU's number (the Paterno years). I think we may have lucked out a bit when their QB got knocked out of the game, but the Hawks stayed the course and won mostly with defense. Offense still worries me though, much like our Steelers.

I don't know that we have the overall firepower to compete with teams like Georgia, Alabama, or even Ohio State but it's still nice to see the Hawks ranked this high. Haven't had a season this good since we went 12-0 back when CJ Beathard was our QB, and prior to that it was back in the days of Ricky Stanzi when we won the Orange Bowl. I just know that every time they get my hopes up this high, they usually lose against the giant programs with rosters full of five star recruits.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Broncos @ Steelers   Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2021 4:10 pm

A little honest reflection on Ben's game last Sunday against the Broncos...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stillcurtain.com/2021/10/13/ben-roethlisbergers-performance-steelers-wasnt-good-think/amp/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Broncos @ Steelers   Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2021 6:01 pm

I don't disagree with that analysis. Ben is just not very good anymore. However, he was able to throw down the field effectively, which is huge for the offense.

If he can do that now and then, and keep them from loading the box, and be a game manager with Najee being the workhorse, then the offense can have some success.

Oh, and for crying out loud, target the Tight End (Pat, mainly, instead of the other guys) more often.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Broncos @ Steelers   Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2021 7:15 pm

Quote :
However, he was still just 3 of 8 when passing beyond 10 air yards.
Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 3964572787

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Broncos @ Steelers   Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 11:44 am

@Great Randino wrote:
I don't disagree with that analysis.  Ben is just not very good anymore.  However, he was able to throw down the field effectively, which is huge for the offense.

If he can do that now and then, and keep them from loading the box, and be a game manager with Najee being the workhorse, then the offense can have some success.

Oh, and for crying out loud, target the Tight End (Pat, mainly, instead of the other guys) more often.

Agreed. I really liked the TD down the middle of the endzone to Claypool. That pass was in a great location. No coincidence Ben is able to throw down field and the run game produces it's first 100 yard games. Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 1401235891

How about that punter?!?!? 59.5 yard average? I know it was just 2 punts, but he boomed them both. What I liked about his punts is that they just didn't go far, they had the hang time needed to get decent coverage under them. Now he needs to do it consistently.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Broncos @ Steelers   Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 1:20 pm

Pressley was well worth the draft pick. What a powerful leg. The hang time is a HUGE factor in the kicking game, too.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broncos @ Steelers   Broncos @ Steelers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Broncos @ Steelers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: