Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeJuju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Juju possibly done for the year

Go down 
+6
IowaSteeler927
solardave
Lokki
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
Shalieve5090
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Great Randino




Posts : 1223
Join date : 2018-08-31

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 4:45 pm

C'mon man, nobody gets a franchise QB in round 3 or 7 Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 1f601

I hath added just a bit o' snark to me comments.

Ridder, Picket, Carson, Willis. That's 4 possibilities and we're not even halfway through the season yet.

I do think there will be QB choices and I would go QB 1 in all honesty if there are good enough ones (I think there will be).

But imagine the line you could assemble with top 3 picks O-line. Why, you could put a statue back there (Mason) and still win.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 1599
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 6:42 pm

Invest in the Oline with 1 and 2, go Dline on 3. Pick up a FA QB like Wilson who is up on the market next year. A good Oline with Wilson at QB and our Defense will be scary. With Harris running the ball. Damn hard to beat especially with Wilson's mobility in Canada's full blown offense unleashed. Right now he has to work with Ben's inability to move Wilson is an immediate upgrade and proven winner.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 10:47 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Invest in the Oline with 1 and 2, go Dline on 3. Pick up a FA QB like Wilson who is up on the market next year. A good Oline with Wilson at QB and our Defense will be scary. With Harris running the ball. Damn hard to beat especially with Wilson's mobility in Canada's full blown offense unleashed. Right now he has to work with Ben's inability to move Wilson is an immediate upgrade and proven winner.
Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 2829330259 russell wilsons contract runs out after 2023.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 11:07 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
C'mon man, nobody gets a franchise QB in round 3 or 7  Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 1f601

I hath added just a bit o' snark to me comments.

Ridder, Picket, Carson, Willis.  That's 4 possibilities and we're not even halfway through the season yet.

I do think there will be QB choices and I would go QB 1 in all honesty if there are good enough ones (I think there will be).

But imagine the line you could assemble with top 3 picks O-line.  Why, you could put a statue back there (Mason) and still win.
ridder is not going in the first round. maybe not even the 2nd. he would have had to have a spectacular season to work himself in to the first.
today against UCF he went 13/23 140 yds and 1 td. ...3 out of his 5 games this season he is under 60% completion. keep in mind he aint playing against elite college defenses. small school prospects need to look like a man playing against boys to get in the 1st round.
Spencer Rattler has destroyed his draft stock. he got benched today for a freshmen QB who had a come from behind win. i think he transfers and plays his senior season. he is a talented guy but tries to force it to much. if someone can convince him to throw it away and live for the next down he could be a star.
sam howell was expected to have a first round kinda season...aint happening. dude was sacked 8 times by georgia tech. 5 times by duke and took 4 sacks today at miami  Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 1797695198 not a good look for a qb thats supposed to be mobile.
carson strong is having an OK season, but not 1st round worthy

there will be 3 1st rounders tops, depending on how teams are looking at pickett. remember kyle trask ? he had some monster games last year. wasnt enough to get him in the 1st though.
as i said in another post. college teams schedule their cupcake tuneup games in the first half of the season. now they are in to the meat and potatoes. the scout scrutiny is amplified for these games.  these games are make or break for guys on the bubble of draft rounds.

now look at some of the teams who might be picking before the steelers. detroit , houston, miami, atlanta, washington.... teams that need a QB
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 2:20 pm

matt coral, malik willis, and kenny pickett all had their worst game of the season saturday. any other year and none of these guys would even be in consideration for a top 20 pick. willis has thrown 3 picks in each of the last 2 games.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 1223
Join date : 2018-08-31

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 2:49 pm

In a thin QB class, we are not likely to pick early enough to get anyone worth picking (unless, you know, the Russell Wilson type pick that luckily works out). It is possible that a sleeper - mid-rounder - outperforms any first rounders this year.

Again, unless we have enough quality first round options to pick one up and get the franchise guy, it would be better to load up on OL.

Perhaps the Jets will be ready to part with Zach Wilson by then and we can steal him on the cheap.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 4:18 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
In a thin QB class, we are not likely to pick early enough to get anyone worth picking (unless, you know, the Russell Wilson type pick that luckily works out).  It is possible that a sleeper - mid-rounder - outperforms any first rounders this year.

Again, unless we have enough quality first round options to pick one up and get the franchise guy, it would be better to load up on OL.

Perhaps the Jets will be ready to part with Zach Wilson by then and we can steal him on the cheap.
EXACTLY.  thats why you still take that chance outside of the 1st.   without actually watching an entire college game this year, just looking at players game stats and videos on youtube  it screams inconsistent QB class. they all have flaws in their game. there is no trevor lawrences in this draft. of course the stats dont tell you what the skill level of their teammates is. i think there is some intriguing prospects and / or developmental QB's.  even among the guys we dont hear anything about. its like the lottery slogan...you gotta play to win.
anyway it is way too early in the season to have a serious debate about what direction to go in. our oline could improve to the point where they give us hope for the future. rudolf could start some games and look like a competent QB that can win games. Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 2087824411  we might be screaming for defensive picks by draft time.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 1223
Join date : 2018-08-31

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 8:58 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
In a thin QB class, we are not likely to pick early enough to get anyone worth picking (unless, you know, the Russell Wilson type pick that luckily works out).  It is possible that a sleeper - mid-rounder - outperforms any first rounders this year.

Again, unless we have enough quality first round options to pick one up and get the franchise guy, it would be better to load up on OL.

Perhaps the Jets will be ready to part with Zach Wilson by then and we can steal him on the cheap.
EXACTLY.  thats why you still take that chance outside of the 1st.   without actually watching an entire college game this year, just looking at players game stats and videos on youtube  it screams inconsistent QB class. they all have flaws in their game. there is no trevor lawrences in this draft. of course the stats dont tell you what the skill level of their teammates is. i think there is some intriguing prospects and / or developmental QB's.  even among the guys we dont hear anything about. its like the lottery slogan...you gotta play to win.
anyway it is way too early in the season to have a serious debate about what direction to go in. our oline could improve to the point where they give us hope for the future. rudolf could start some games and look like a competent QB that can win games. Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 2087824411  we might be screaming for defensive picks by draft time.

Right you are, MoP. The O-line is young - and they will improve. I think the draft needs will still shake out. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 am

@Great Randino wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
In a thin QB class, we are not likely to pick early enough to get anyone worth picking (unless, you know, the Russell Wilson type pick that luckily works out).  It is possible that a sleeper - mid-rounder - outperforms any first rounders this year.

Again, unless we have enough quality first round options to pick one up and get the franchise guy, it would be better to load up on OL.

Perhaps the Jets will be ready to part with Zach Wilson by then and we can steal him on the cheap.
EXACTLY.  thats why you still take that chance outside of the 1st.   without actually watching an entire college game this year, just looking at players game stats and videos on youtube  it screams inconsistent QB class. they all have flaws in their game. there is no trevor lawrences in this draft. of course the stats dont tell you what the skill level of their teammates is. i think there is some intriguing prospects and / or developmental QB's.  even among the guys we dont hear anything about. its like the lottery slogan...you gotta play to win.
anyway it is way too early in the season to have a serious debate about what direction to go in. our oline could improve to the point where they give us hope for the future. rudolf could start some games and look like a competent QB that can win games. Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 2087824411  we might be screaming for defensive picks by draft time.

Right you are, MoP.  The O-line is young - and they will improve.  I think the draft needs will still shake out.  Time will tell.
after todays run defensive shit show, im surprised you didnt acknowledge my prophecy ... Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 1797695198

Quote :
we might be screaming for defensive picks by draft time

NT, ILB, SS.

does anyone really think considering the cost, is schobert that much of an improvement over spillane ? Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 2087824411
i mean has he made any worth while plays ? tackles for loss ? passes defended ? sacks ? picks ?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 1223
Join date : 2018-08-31

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 3:17 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
In a thin QB class, we are not likely to pick early enough to get anyone worth picking (unless, you know, the Russell Wilson type pick that luckily works out).  It is possible that a sleeper - mid-rounder - outperforms any first rounders this year.

Again, unless we have enough quality first round options to pick one up and get the franchise guy, it would be better to load up on OL.

Perhaps the Jets will be ready to part with Zach Wilson by then and we can steal him on the cheap.
EXACTLY.  thats why you still take that chance outside of the 1st.   without actually watching an entire college game this year, just looking at players game stats and videos on youtube  it screams inconsistent QB class. they all have flaws in their game. there is no trevor lawrences in this draft. of course the stats dont tell you what the skill level of their teammates is. i think there is some intriguing prospects and / or developmental QB's.  even among the guys we dont hear anything about. its like the lottery slogan...you gotta play to win.
anyway it is way too early in the season to have a serious debate about what direction to go in. our oline could improve to the point where they give us hope for the future. rudolf could start some games and look like a competent QB that can win games. Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 2087824411  we might be screaming for defensive picks by draft time.

Right you are, MoP.  The O-line is young - and they will improve.  I think the draft needs will still shake out.  Time will tell.
after todays run defensive shit show, im surprised you didnt acknowledge my prophecy ... Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 1797695198

Quote :
we might be screaming for defensive picks by draft time

NT, ILB, SS.

does anyone really think considering the cost,  is schobert that much of an improvement over spillane ?  Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 2087824411
i mean has he made any worth while plays ? tackles for loss ? passes defended ? sacks ? picks ?

I acknowledge your prophecy. Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 4250924620
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 3:46 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
In a thin QB class, we are not likely to pick early enough to get anyone worth picking (unless, you know, the Russell Wilson type pick that luckily works out).  It is possible that a sleeper - mid-rounder - outperforms any first rounders this year.

Again, unless we have enough quality first round options to pick one up and get the franchise guy, it would be better to load up on OL.

Perhaps the Jets will be ready to part with Zach Wilson by then and we can steal him on the cheap.
EXACTLY.  thats why you still take that chance outside of the 1st.   without actually watching an entire college game this year, just looking at players game stats and videos on youtube  it screams inconsistent QB class. they all have flaws in their game. there is no trevor lawrences in this draft. of course the stats dont tell you what the skill level of their teammates is. i think there is some intriguing prospects and / or developmental QB's.  even among the guys we dont hear anything about. its like the lottery slogan...you gotta play to win.
anyway it is way too early in the season to have a serious debate about what direction to go in. our oline could improve to the point where they give us hope for the future. rudolf could start some games and look like a competent QB that can win games. Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 2087824411  we might be screaming for defensive picks by draft time.

Right you are, MoP.  The O-line is young - and they will improve.  I think the draft needs will still shake out.  Time will tell.
after todays run defensive shit show, im surprised you didnt acknowledge my prophecy ... Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 1797695198

Quote :
we might be screaming for defensive picks by draft time

NT, ILB, SS.

does anyone really think considering the cost,  is schobert that much of an improvement over spillane ?  Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 2087824411
i mean has he made any worth while plays ? tackles for loss ? passes defended ? sacks ? picks ?

I acknowledge your prophecy.  Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 4250924620

Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 1549491426 .... Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 616424297

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Juju possibly done for the year
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: