Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeseahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm

Go down 
+6
solardave
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
effyou515
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 4:28 pm

@solardave wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I think that ACL tear really took something out of him... he hasn't been playing like he was before the injury. Hopefully as the season progresses he will get faster and trust that leg more if that is the issue. Sometimes after those type of injuries players are never the same. We take for granted that recovery and rehabilitation may be pretty high for a lot of players but for some it's a career killer. Not everyone is the same.

Do you mean psychologically? Because with state of the art rehab available to these guys and the Dr. clearing him should have him good to go.  

still got to build them muscles back up, also didn't tweak a groin or a hammy?

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 6:09 pm

@solardave wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I think that ACL tear really took something out of him... he hasn't been playing like he was before the injury. Hopefully as the season progresses he will get faster and trust that leg more if that is the issue. Sometimes after those type of injuries players are never the same. We take for granted that recovery and rehabilitation may be pretty high for a lot of players but for some it's a career killer. Not everyone is the same.

Do you mean psychologically? Because with state of the art rehab available to these guys and the Dr. clearing him should have him good to go.  

Psychological and just being out of football for a whole year after the injury. Sometimes the surgery goes great but they don't trust the knee or it doesn't feel the same.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:23 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Psychological and just being out of football for a whole year after the injury. Sometimes the surgery goes great but they don't trust the knee or it doesn't feel the same.
footbal PTSD ?  rub some dirt on it and play like you gotta a pair cupcake... seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 889237850

effyou515 and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 2:47 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

footbal PTSD ?  rub some dirt on it and play like you gotta a pair cupcake... seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 889237850

seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 3964572787
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 3:59 pm

@solardave wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 3964572787

seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 552320175 seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 445499957 seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 2432665661 seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 4275664633 seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 1620455514 seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 1650858226

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 7:58 pm

Really think that the team with that boast over the Seahawks needed a win to boast morale.

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 1:25 am

@JPPT1974 wrote:
Really think that the team with that boast over the Seahawks needed a win to boast morale.

Agree!

Hard to believe, but after that Bengals beatdown of the Ravens, the Steelers are only 1 game (in the loss column that is) out of first place. Of course beating Cincy the next time would be crucial, to say nothing of beating the Brown Stains next week.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 8:01 am

@Great Randino wrote:
@JPPT1974 wrote:

Agree!

Hard to believe, but after that Bengals beatdown of the Ravens,  the Steelers are only 1 game (in the loss column that is) out of first place.  Of course beating Cincy the next time would be crucial, to say nothing of beating the Brown Stains next week.

If I'm being honest I have little to no faith in this team. We were lucky to come away with a W at home against a team with a career backup QB and a backup RB who averaged 5.1 YPC against us. That same backup QB completed just shy of 72% of his passes.
I'm always the one pointing out the poor officiating but good teams find a way to win in spite of the refs. We don't. We seem to be 1 bad call away from losing the game. Even in games like this one where we dominated the entire first half.
The coach (Tomlin) says we didn't execute. Fine. Sit their ass or asses down and consider trimming the fat at season's end. Instead we keep dead cap Denny on the roster for 4 or 5 seasons because why? He made 1 great play 3 years ago or he's a great guy off of the field.
I'm guilty of defending Ben up until recently but I now believe in hindsight his elbow injury should have ended his career. At least in Pittsburgh. The truth is he is a shell of what he was in the past. All good things must come to an end and it is past time to move on.
We won't beat the Browns on Sunday and honestly Ben may suffer a career ending injury at the hands of Miles Garrett. He is probably salivating right now at the thought of facing our Oline.
I hope I'm proven wrong.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 1:03 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@JPPT1974 wrote:

Agree!

Hard to believe, but after that Bengals beatdown of the Ravens,  the Steelers are only 1 game (in the loss column that is) out of first place.  Of course beating Cincy the next time would be crucial, to say nothing of beating the Brown Stains next week.

If I'm being honest I have little to no faith in this team. We were lucky to come away with a W at home against a team with a career backup QB and a backup RB who averaged 5.1 YPC against us. That same backup QB completed just shy of 72% of his passes.
I'm always the one pointing out the poor officiating but good teams find a way to win in spite of the refs. We don't. We seem to be 1 bad call away from losing the game. Even in games like this one where we dominated the entire first half.
The coach (Tomlin) says we didn't execute. Fine. Sit their ass or asses down and consider trimming the fat at season's end. Instead we keep dead cap Denny seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 131212936 on the roster for 4 or 5 seasons because why? He made 1 great play 3 years ago or he's a great guy off of the field.
I'm guilty of defending Ben up until recently but I now believe in hindsight his elbow injury should have ended his career. At least in Pittsburgh. The truth is he is a shell of what he was in the past. All good things must come to an end and it is past time to move on.
We won't beat the Browns on Sunday and honestly Ben may suffer a career ending injury at the hands of Miles Garrett. He is probably salivating right now at the thought of facing our Oline.
I hope I'm proven wrong.

fact check - there is no one on the roster with the name denny...there...i proved you wrong.. :

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 1:47 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@JPPT1974 wrote:

Agree!

The coach (Tomlin) says we didn't execute. Fine. Sit their ass or asses down and consider trimming the fat at season's end. Instead we keep dead cap Denny seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 131212936 on the roster for 4 or 5 seasons because why? He made 1 great play 3 years ago or he's a great guy off of the field.
I hope I'm proven wrong.

fact check - there is no one on the roster with the name denny...there...i proved you wrong.. :

I was just searching the roster myself....

I'm actually not thinking we're a playoff team. Surprise?

I'm just amazed we're only a game out of first. The other teams in the division look so much better than us. But I refuse to count this team out. I've seen Tomlin do more with worse teams, and he always seems to have us in the mix.

I see Ben going on IR at some point - its more a matter of "when" than "if". At that point, all bets are off. We might either completely tank (again - unlikely. I mean, we won games with Duck) - or, sharply shoot upward (yes, seems unlikely, but what if our next starter really embraces Canada's offense and unleashes it?).

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 3:48 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@JPPT1974 wrote:

Agree!

I hope I'm proven wrong.

I was just searching the roster myself....

I'm actually not thinking we're a playoff team.  Surprise?

I'm just amazed we're only a game out of first.  The other teams in the division look so much better than us.  But I refuse to count this team out.  I've seen Tomlin do more with worse teams, and he always seems to have us in the mix.

I see Ben going on IR at some point - its more a matter of "when" than "if".  At that point, all bets are off.  We might either completely tank (again - unlikely.  I mean, we won games with Duck) - or, sharply shoot upward (yes, seems unlikely, but what if our next starter really embraces Canada's offense and unleashes it?).

tomlins shitty teams always consisted of a shitty offense and a pretty decent defense to keep them in games. with this team the defense is pretty inconsistent. they weren't winning games with duck. they won in spite of duck. coulda had something to do with the defense forcing turnovers and sacks. remember when a reporter asked tomlin about duck and he said..."well he didnt kill us." seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 1797695198

Pittsburgh Steelers | 2019 Season Highlights ᴴᴰ

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 4:29 pm

Potatoes tomatoes. Point being, Steelers won games with Duck playing quarterback.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 4:43 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Potatoes tomatoes.  Point being, Steelers won games with Duck playing quarterback.

how'd they do in the playoffs ? seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 2981382511
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 1:48 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Potatoes tomatoes.  Point being, Steelers won games with Duck playing quarterback.

I agree with you that this year's defense isn't on par with the Duck year's defense. Having said that, I think they are two components away from getting there.

1) Bush needs to up his game. I see a guy who is consistently over-pursuing or just catching offense linemen in the run game. His poor play could be injury related, but I think he needs to start with playing more disciplined and covering his lane.
2) They need Tuitt back in the worst way. Right now they have Heyward, followed by a bunch of guys. Don't get me wrong, I root for those guys and want them to do well. But they aren't on the level of Tuitt. Unfortunately, having just one good D-lineman allows opposing offenses to double Heyward and still have the bodies to block the LBs. People failed to realize how good Alualu is, but his injury in week 2 has caused a defensive slide. I think Tuitt's return can push this defense into an elite category.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:42 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

I agree with you that this year's defense isn't on par with the Duck year's defense. Having said that, I think they are two components away from getting there.

1) Bush needs to up his game. I see a guy who is consistently over-pursuing or just catching offense linemen in the run game. His poor play could be injury related, but I think he needs to start with playing more disciplined and covering his lane.
2) They need Tuitt back in the worst way. Right now they have Heyward, followed by a bunch of guys. Don't get me wrong, I root for those guys and want them to do well. But they aren't on the level of Tuitt. Unfortunately, having just one good D-lineman allows opposing offenses to double Heyward and still have the bodies to block the LBs. People failed to realize how good Alualu is, but his injury in week 2 has caused a defensive slide. I think Tuitt's return can push this defense into an elite category.
2 ? at least 3. remember the year minkah had ? well he aint having that kinda of year. PFF has him graded  83 out of 86 safeties. think about it. there are only 64 starting safeties. so he is graded lower than backups, nickle and dime safeties.
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/10/26/22745489/checking-the-pro-football-focus-grades-for-the-steelers-defense-so-far-this-season-heyward-watt-news
Top 5 (regardless of position)
DT Cam Heyward: 92.3 (314 snaps); 1st of 119
OLB T.J. Watt: 86.5 (252 snaps); 5th of 110
DT Chris Wormley: 77.1 (273 snaps); 14th of 119
CB Arthur Maulet: 76.8 (127 snaps); 9th of 120
OLB Melvin Ingram III: 73.6 (246 snaps); 34th of 110

Bottom 5 (regardless of position)

*OLB Jamir Jones: 47.9 (36 snaps)
CB Justin Layne: 44.4 (9 snaps)
DT Henry Mondeaux: 41.2 (54 snaps)
S Minkah Fitzpatrick: 37.0 (395 snaps); 83rd of 86
CB Ahkello Witherspoon: 34.8 (4 snaps)

Defensive Front Seven

DT Cam Heyward: 92.3 (314 snaps); 1st of 119
OLB T.J. Watt: 86.5 (252 snaps); 5th of 110
DT Chris Wormley: 77.1 (273 snaps); 14th of 119
OLB Melvin Ingram III: 73.6 (246 snaps); 34th of 110
DT Isaiah Buggs: 69.5 (107 snaps); 31st of 119
OLB Alex Highsmith: 62.9 (235 snaps); 65th of 110
OLB Derrek Tuszka: 62.8 (37 snaps)
DT Isaiahh Loudermilk: 60.6 (61 snaps)
+DT Tyson Alualu: 59.7 (57 snaps)
DT Carlos Davis: 58.7 (17 snaps)
*OLB Jamir Jones: 47.9 (36 snaps)
DT Henry Mondeaux: 41.2 (54 snaps)

Inside Linebackers
ILB Joe Schobert: 63.2 (342 snaps); 22nd of 87
ILB Robert Spillane: 56.8 (87 snaps)
ILB Devin Bush: 54.0 (256 snaps); 49th of 87

Defensive Backs

CB Arthur Maulet: 76.8 (127 snaps); 9th of 120
CB James Pierre: 64.4 (212 snaps); 53rd of 120
CB Tre Norwood: 64.2 (179 snaps); 55th of 120
S Miles Killebrew: 60.6 (1 snap)
CB Joe Haden: 60.0 (329 snaps); 70th of 120
S Karl Joseph: 59.7 (2 snaps)
S Terrell Edmunds: 58.0 (385 snaps); 57th of 86
CB Cam Sutton: 57.5 (327 snaps); 82nd of 120
CB Justin Layne: 44.4 (9 snaps)
S Minkah Fitzpatrick: 37.0 (395 snaps); 83rd of 86
CB Ahkello Witherspoon: 34.8 (4 snaps)
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Pro Football Focus grades for the Steelers offense so far this season

Overall

Top 5 (regardless of position)

TE Pat Freiermuth: 73.8 (201 snaps); 15th of 67
WR Diontae Johnson: 73.7 (277 snaps); 30th of 119
RB Najee Harris: 67.8 (343 snaps); 33rd of 65
OT Joe Haeg: 67.2 (109 snaps)
WR Chase Claypool: 67.0 (257 snaps); 65th of 119

Bottom 5 (regardless of position)

OT Chuks Okorafor: 55.2 (304 snaps); 62nd of 77
WR Ray-Ray McCloud: 49.7 (141 snaps); 116th of 119
FB Derek Watt: 48.3 (28 snaps)
TE Eric Ebron: 44.7 (185 snaps); 66th of 67
RB Benny Snell Jr.: 43.1 (28 snaps)

Quarterback

QB Ben Roethlisberger: 58.8 (397 snaps); 29th of 34

Running Backs

RB Najee Harris: 67.8 (343 snaps); 33rd of 65
RB Kalen Ballage: 57.0 (26 snaps)
FB Derek Watt: 48.3 (28 snaps)
RB Benny Snell Jr.: 43.1 (28 snaps)

Receivers

TE Pat Freiermuth: 73.8 (201 snaps); 15th of 68
WR Diontae Johnson: 73.7 (277 snaps); 30th of 121
WR Chase Claypool: 67.0 (257 snaps); 65th of 121
TE Zach Gentry: 63.4 (97 snaps)
WR Cody White: 60.1 (27 snaps)
WR James Washington: 59.9 (150 snaps); 90th of 121
+WR JuJu Smith-Schuster: 59.2 (222 snaps); 94th of 121
WR Ray-Ray McCloud: 49.7 (141 snaps); 118th of 121
TE Eric Ebron: 44.7 (185 snaps); 66th of 68

Offensive Line

OT Joe Haeg: 67.2 (109 snaps)
C J.C. Hasenauer: 63.4 (12 snaps)
G Trai Turner: 62.1 (386 snaps); 40th of 74
G B.J. Finney: 61.5 (22 snaps)
G Kevin Dotson: 61.2 (386 snaps); 43rd of 74
OT Dan Moore Jr.: 60.6 (381 snaps); 54th of 78
C Kendrick Green: 57.7 (385 snaps); 27th of 36
OT Chuks Okorafor: 55.2 (304 snaps); 63rd of 78

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm   seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

seahawks vs steelers 8:20pm
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: