Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIngram to be traded? - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ingram to be traded?

Go down 
+4
LambertWardSteel
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 1:42 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Traded to the Chiefs for a 6th round pick.

well it is better than nothing. cant have a butt hurt dude in the locker room killing the vibe wit negative energy ... Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 1335507402
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 6:48 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

well it is better than nothing. cant have a butt hurt dude in the locker room killing the vibe wit negative energy ... Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 1335507402

True but Ingram could have been used more so he would have been happy. Highsmith and Ingrams numbers were very similar. Ingram could have been  used to spell and rest both Watt and Highsmith more and it would have kept Ingram content. Tomlin has a weird way of wearing his best players out and running the wheels off them. This is now an 18 week season with an extra game involved Ingram should have been utilized better. I put that on Tomlin and Butler.

Now we are without Ingrams services and got a measley 6th rounder. Better then nothing but I would have just used the guy more and given him more snaps. Why spend the 4 million on him to just have him sit and then be surprised when he wasn't happy about getting no play time?

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 7:30 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

True but Ingram could have been used more so he would have been happy. Highsmith and Ingrams numbers were very similar. Ingram could have been  used to spell and rest both Watt and Highsmith more and it would have kept Ingram content. Tomlin has a weird way of wearing his best players out and running the wheels off them. This is now an 18 week season with an extra game involved Ingram should have been utilized better. I put that on Tomlin and Butler.

Now we are without Ingrams services and got a measley 6th rounder. Better then nothing but I would have just used the guy more and given him more snaps. Why spend the 4 million on him to just have him sit and then be surprised when he wasn't happy about getting no play time?

I agree with this. The outside LBs are so important to this D. Now we have a hole here that could have been filled by a capable vet. We don't know what was said to him when he was signed, or how he expected to be used. You'd think there would be enough playing time to spell Watt and Highsmith now and then and keep Ingram happy.

Tomlin does exactly what you say and seems to overuse players at time. I think that was Blount's issue, Steelers would be leading by a couple scores 4th quarter and he'd still be running Bell. Harris is getting used a tremendous amount too right now, although there isn't much behind him at RB.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 7:44 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

i aint gonna pretend to know tomlins thought process, but mine is ingram doesnt have a future in pittsburg, but highsmith does. highsmith isnt going to get better by being on the bench 50% of the time. also tomlin said he is happy with the progress of taco. he said that factored in to his decision. taco has been moved to the 53.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 1:46 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

i aint gonna pretend to know tomlins thought process, but mine is ingram doesnt have a future in pittsburg, but highsmith does. highsmith isnt going to get better by being on the bench 50% of the time.  also tomlin said he is happy with the progress of taco. he said that factored in to his decision. taco has been moved to the 53.

Here's to hoping Highsmith and Watt stay healthy and to Taco coming in and showing the NFL he isn't a bust and can help the team. I am hoping Tomlin is right about us wanting "volunteers instead of hostages."

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 5:00 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

i aint gonna pretend to know tomlins thought process, but mine is ingram doesnt have a future in pittsburg, but highsmith does. highsmith isnt going to get better by being on the bench 50% of the time.  also tomlin said he is happy with the progress of taco. he said that factored in to his decision. taco has been moved to the 53.

Here's to hoping Highsmith and Watt stay healthy and to Taco coming in and showing the NFL he isn't a bust and can help the team. I am hoping Tomlin is right about us wanting "volunteers instead of hostages."

maybe tomlin has excepted the reality that this team is not a legit contender and he is looking towards the future. melvin may have some limited value now but how about next year ? the year after ? melvin played ok ball, but he didnt look like TJ out there. he was on par with highsmith. so why stunt highsmiths growth by giving him a big chunk of highsmiths reps ? melvin wasnt happy being the 4 million dollar relief man. he probably thought he would come in and take the starting spot from highsmith. if you got 2 guys on even footing you go with the cheaper option with lower miles. had he proved to be the better player, i got no problem with him being the starter. im sure tomlin felt the same. i honestly just dont think that the chances of making the superbowl changes that much because of the OLB position regardless of who is playing.. Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 2087824411

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 7:41 pm

hey if he didn't want to be in Pittsburgh any longer let him go.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 4:53 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

maybe tomlin has excepted the reality that this team is not a legit contender and he is looking towards the future. melvin may have some limited value now but how about next year ? the year after ? melvin played ok ball, but he didnt look like TJ out there. he was on par with highsmith. so why stunt highsmiths growth by giving him a big chunk of highsmiths reps ? melvin wasnt happy being the 4 million dollar relief man. he probably thought he would come in and take the starting spot from highsmith. if you got 2 guys on even footing you go with the cheaper option with lower miles. had he proved to be the better player, i got no problem with him being the starter. im sure tomlin felt the same. i honestly just dont think that the chances of  making the superbowl changes that much because of the OLB position regardless of who is playing.. Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 2087824411

SUPERBOWL? YOU WANNA TALK SUPERBOWL? Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 1797695198

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 7:22 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

Tomlin used Ingram a lot. These are his snap percentages with the Steelers: 64, 86, 100, 49, 60 and 26. In week 6 he was used less because Watt and Highsmith were both healthy and both performing better, but even then he played more than a quarter of the snaps. What did he want? Being a starter? He clearly is the lesser player of the three. Pass rush win rate at edge: Watt 28% (2nd in the league), Highsmith 23% (9th), Ingram 8% (55th). He's a clear drop off from Watt and Highsmith, getting a lot of playing time and he still finds a way to complain? I'm glad we got rid of his sorry ass. Decent player, but a bad teamplayer.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 7:42 am

To add the snap count percentage this week: Taco 17% and Tuszka 8%. Those 25% would have been Ingram's if he showed up and didn't behave like a douche.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 7:49 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

Tomlin used Ingram a lot. These are his snap percentages with the Steelers: 64, 86, 100, 49, 60 and 26. In week 6 he was used less because Watt and Highsmith were both healthy and both performing better, but even then he played more than a quarter of the snaps. What did he want? Being a starter? He clearly is the lesser player of the three. Pass rush win rate at edge: Watt 28% (2nd in the league), Highsmith 23% (9th), Ingram 8% (55th). He's a clear drop off from Watt and Highsmith, getting a lot of playing time and he still finds a way to complain? I'm glad we got rid of his sorry ass. Decent player, but a bad teamplayer.

Thanks for posting. These numbers show Watt and Highsmith very favorably which is awesome. Ingram unfavorably. He was being used more than I thought. This was a question I wanted to ask in a earlier post on this thread is what was Ingram expecting. If it were to be a starter then he needed to go. I wasn't sure how much he was being used, though. Until the last game he was getting 50% or better which seems to be decent for a 32 year old back up. He must have wanted to start in Pittsburgh....I wonder if he expects to, or will, start in KC.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 8:28 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

Thanks for posting. These numbers show Watt and Highsmith very favorably which is awesome. Ingram unfavorably. He was being used more than I thought. This was a question I wanted to ask in a earlier post on this thread is what was Ingram expecting. If it were to be a starter then he needed to go. I wasn't sure how much he was being used, though. Until the last game he was getting 50% or better which seems to be decent for a 32 year old back up. He must have wanted to start in Pittsburgh....I wonder if he expects to, or will, start in KC.

He certainly will become a starter in KC, they have no outstanding edge rushers. He was competing here with Highsmith for the starting job, they were 2A and 2B to start preseason. But in training camp several local reporters already noted that Highsmith made a great leap from last year and after an injury he ultimately beat out Ingram during the season. It already took a long time for Ingram to find a team, he signed with the Steelers somewhere end of July for a one year proven deal, so he should know that most teams aren't eager for him anymore. He was a great pass rusher a couple of years ago and he's still decent and clearly better than Taco and Tuszka, but there's no reason at all for him to complain about his playing time he was getting here. It's a shame for us, because he's a great #3, but there's no need to keep a malcontent.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 10:38 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:

He certainly will become a starter in KC, they have no outstanding edge rushers. He was competing here with Highsmith for the starting job, they were 2A and 2B to start preseason. But in training camp several local reporters already noted that Highsmith made a great leap from last year and after an injury he ultimately beat out Ingram during the season. It already took a long time for Ingram to find a team, he signed with the Steelers somewhere end of July for a one year proven deal, so he should know that most teams aren't eager for him anymore. He was a great pass rusher a couple of years ago and he's still decent and clearly better than Taco and Tuszka, but there's no reason at all for him to complain about his playing time he was getting here. It's a shame for us, because he's a great #3, but there's no need to keep a malcontent.

imho, l'm betting he thought he would beat out Highsmith for a starting spot.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 2:19 pm

Highsmith has turned into a great draft pick, super value in the 3rd round. He's young and emerging - would make no sense to sit him down for an over the hill, lesser player (or even same-level player if that were the case, which it clearly isn't).

I'm fine with the trade. Would have been nice to get more than a 6th rounder, but I'll take it. I think the Chefs are going to be disappointed with what they got out of it.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 9:04 pm

Chiefs hoping Ingram can provide spark to sluggish pass rush

https://triblive.com/sports/chiefs-hoping-ingram-can-provide-spark-to-sluggish-pass-rush/

Quote :
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs had seen enough of Melvin Ingram dragging down their quarterbacks over the years that it made sense to chase the three-time Pro Bowl defensive end when he became a free agent last offseason.

They didn’t manage to land him then — Ingram ultimately chose to sign with Pittsburgh.

They finally got him in a trade on Tuesday.

looks like the Chiefs are happy.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 10:23 pm

what it boils down to is the steelers paid about paid 3.5 million for 6 games of his service and a 6th round draft pick ... Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 12:25 am

We shall see how "happy" they are once they get him.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 3:56 am

If he starts in KC and it sure looks like he will he'll probably be a good gap fit for them. I agree with what was said about him thinking he could beat out Highsmith and when that didn't happen he became disgruntled. So we move on and take the hit as usual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ingram to be traded?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: