Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeStephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?

Go down 
+2
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:02 pm

reading the chat with Ray Fittipaldo. so tuitt is medically cleared to play but is choosing not to because he is still grieving his brother who was killed back in june ? Shocked
i remember hearing about this a few months ago, but this is the first i heard that is what is keeping him off the field.

Quote :

Ben: Ray. This tuitt situation is bonkers. How can these men even accept him back. He’s healthy and choosing not to play. He isn’t the first pro athlete to suffer a family loss. This team is just not good enough to have 15 mill salary cap sit out
Ray Fittipaldo: Every time we ask a player or coach about Tuitt they are very supportive of his situation.

Quote :
David: I've been back and forth on this Tuitt situation but the fact is at my employer, even if my son (the most important person in the world to me) dies, I get 3 days of bereavement leave. 3 days. Fans like me are considered insensitive for expecting Tuitt back on the field despite the loss of his brother but the reality is for the rest of the world we would get a few days from our employer to grieve and then we're expected back to work. And we don't make $12 million a year. Are we being unreasonable?
Ray Fittipaldo: The world is changing.

Quote :
Guest: For the "fans" that complain about Tuitt not playing....the Steelers stand by their players...we don't know everything about Tuitt's situation, but the team seems okay with him not playing. Remember, this is the team that kept Ryan Shazier on the team so he could get medical treatments and physical therapy at the team facility. They didn't have to do that.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 1599
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:11 pm

Steelers are taking the high road allowing him to grieve his families loss. They could take the "business" approach but I think from the very inception this organization prides itself on Family and community first. Tuitt playing I am not sure would have changed much of the awful play we are seeing across the board. He may have helped stabilize the Defense a little but no run stuffing Nose tackle and Bush being a complete bust is our biggest problem on D at this point.

Steelers are just living up to their commitment to Family and community. They mean it and the walk the walk instead of being all talk. It's kind of refreshing considering how cut throat modern day business can be.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:46 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Steelers are taking the high road allowing him to grieve his families loss. They could take the "business" approach but I think from the very inception this organization prides itself on Family and community first. Tuitt playing I am not sure would have changed much of the awful play we are seeing across the board. He may have helped stabilize the Defense a little but no run stuffing Nose tackle and Bush being a complete bust is our biggest problem on D at this point.

Steelers are just living up to their commitment to Family and community. They mean it and the walk the walk instead of being all talk. It's kind of refreshing considering how cut throat modern day business can be.
dude your missing the point..this happened back around the beginning of june. 5 and a half months ago. of course you never get over the loss of a loved one but if you cant get back to being able to function in your everyday life you should probably be in a mental health facility sitting around in a white robe and slippers. as the 2nd guy said , we plebs dont get that kind of leeway from our employers and we dont get paid a fortune.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1454
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 6:00 pm

I read all these chats at Post Gazette and Tuitt has been a constant topic this year with questions and comments like are posted here. I am a veterinarian and was called out of a hospital ER when my dad had just passed to an animal emergency. From that perspective I can understand people in the everyday world not agreeing with someone taking this much time over a family loss. But, I don't know what the Steelers really would be gaining to force him on the field. He likely will not be up to the task of NFL football. Hopefully he is getting grief counselling/mental health help and can work his way thru this on a human level and get back to his job. It would seem the Rooneys have no plan to change course with him this year and it really seems he will sit out all season, but you have to think they don't allow it to carry over beyond this season.

_________________
Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  $_35
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 1599
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 6:24 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Steelers are taking the high road allowing him to grieve his families loss. They could take the "business" approach but I think from the very inception this organization prides itself on Family and community first. Tuitt playing I am not sure would have changed much of the awful play we are seeing across the board. He may have helped stabilize the Defense a little but no run stuffing Nose tackle and Bush being a complete bust is our biggest problem on D at this point.

Steelers are just living up to their commitment to Family and community. They mean it and the walk the walk instead of being all talk. It's kind of refreshing considering how cut throat modern day business can be.
dude your missing the point..this happened back around the beginning of june. 5 and a half months ago. of course you never get over the loss of a loved one but if you cant get back to being able to function in your everyday life you should probably be in a mental health facility sitting around in a white robe and slippers. as the 2nd guy said , we plebs dont get that kind of leeway from our employers and we dont get paid a fortune
.

I am not disagreeing with you but just saying the Steelers are caught between a rock and a hard place. They have always promoted Family and Community first so they can't back out of that now its a corner stone of the franchise.

The mental health issue is tricky. Sure he needs to see professionals but you can't force him back on to the field if he isn't ready. It's a shitty situation for sure.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 6:37 pm

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  3135543967 ...could be a strategy to get a better team friendly deal for the  next contract.
steelers - we gonna suck with or without him, might as well use it to our advantage.

steelers - remember we supported AND PAID  you while you had your mental breakdown..you owe us one Stephon. Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  755331329
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515


Posts : 4672
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:50 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  3135543967 ...could be a strategy to get a better team friendly deal for the  next contract.
steelers - we gonna suck with or without him, might as well use it to our advantage.

steelers - remember we supported AND PAID  you while you had your mental breakdown..you owe us one Stephon. Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  755331329

ain't nothin' free Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  1797695198

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 4610
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:18 am

I don't know if Tuitt's issues are medical in nature, or related to his mental health. My opinion as someone that has dealt with my own personal mental health struggles, and someone who works around the mentally ill for a living is that he should take as much time as he feels he needs to get better (if it is in fact a mental health issue). That timeframe is not the same between person to person, everyone handles things differently. Tuitt's brother was killed, I am not in his head, I don't know how he feels, and I'm sure he's having to support other family members who are also struggling with such a loss.

I am a member of the Peer Support Team at my job, I joined because I feel that our Mental Health is incredibly important. I think as a society we're starting to recognize that more, but there's always been a stigma attached to mental health, people saying you just need to "suck it up" or "tough it out". Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. Our jobs and responsibilities often get in the way of getting proper care, or taking enough time to get better. That's an unfortunate fact of life for those of us in the working class. That being said we can't try to lessen the impact of a traumatic event in someone else's life because of our own life circumstances. If Tuitt is struggling with his mental health, and he has the ability to afford to take as much time off as he needs, more power to him. I would rather he get himself right mentally, than force himself back to appease football fans.

I'd love to see him back on the field just as much as any other Steelers fan. We definitely need his talent, and production. He is one of the best 3-4 DEs in the entire NFL. However, Mental Health/Wellness > Football.

_________________
Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

solardave, LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1454
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 12:37 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I don't know if Tuitt's issues are medical in nature, or related to his mental health. My opinion as someone that has dealt with my own personal mental health struggles, and someone who works around the mentally ill for a living is that he should take as much time as he feels he needs to get better (if it is in fact a mental health issue). That timeframe is not the same between person to person, everyone handles things differently. Tuitt's brother was killed, I am not in his head, I don't know how he feels, and I'm sure he's having to support other family members who are also struggling with such a loss.

I am a member of the Peer Support Team at my job, I joined because I feel that our Mental Health is incredibly important. I think as a society we're starting to recognize that more, but there's always been a stigma attached to mental health, people saying you just need to "suck it up" or "tough it out". Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. Our jobs and responsibilities often get in the way of getting proper care, or taking enough time to get better. That's an unfortunate fact of life for those of us in the working class. That being said we can't try to lessen the impact of a traumatic event in someone else's life because of our own life circumstances. If Tuitt is struggling with his mental health, and he has the ability to afford to take as much time off as he needs, more power to him. I would rather he get himself right mentally, than force himself back to appease football fans.

I'd love to see him back on the field just as much as any other Steelers fan. We definitely need his talent, and production. He is one of the best 3-4 DEs in the entire NFL. However, Mental Health/Wellness > Football.

Good post. I hope all is going well for you now.

_________________
Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  $_35
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 4610
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 2:31 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I don't know if Tuitt's issues are medical in nature, or related to his mental health. My opinion as someone that has dealt with my own personal mental health struggles, and someone who works around the mentally ill for a living is that he should take as much time as he feels he needs to get better (if it is in fact a mental health issue). That timeframe is not the same between person to person, everyone handles things differently. Tuitt's brother was killed, I am not in his head, I don't know how he feels, and I'm sure he's having to support other family members who are also struggling with such a loss.

I am a member of the Peer Support Team at my job, I joined because I feel that our Mental Health is incredibly important. I think as a society we're starting to recognize that more, but there's always been a stigma attached to mental health, people saying you just need to "suck it up" or "tough it out". Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. Our jobs and responsibilities often get in the way of getting proper care, or taking enough time to get better. That's an unfortunate fact of life for those of us in the working class. That being said we can't try to lessen the impact of a traumatic event in someone else's life because of our own life circumstances. If Tuitt is struggling with his mental health, and he has the ability to afford to take as much time off as he needs, more power to him. I would rather he get himself right mentally, than force himself back to appease football fans.

I'd love to see him back on the field just as much as any other Steelers fan. We definitely need his talent, and production. He is one of the best 3-4 DEs in the entire NFL. However, Mental Health/Wellness > Football.

Good post. I hope all is going well for you now.

Thanks brother. I'm good, this year's just been a bit of a rough ride. My Grandpa passed away late in September, and my youngest brother can't seem to stay out of trouble. Been stressful but just have to push through it.

Hope all is well with you and yours too!

_________________
Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave


Posts : 5437
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 6:14 am

Last year a good friend of mine died in a house fire. I was surprised at how hard it hit me. Even though I hadn't seen him in over 40 years he treated me like a little brother growing up. This year my best friend from grade school jumped off of a bridge in my hometown. I inherited my Dad's heart and I get emotional writing this stuff. Sure life goes on but these things take their toll. I understand both sides here. I also agree with you Iowa that we don't know the extent of a man's grief. I'm still wrestling with the why in regard to my friend and the bridge.
And I see your point MOP about the possible business side and that everything has a price. Even with the family first Steeler FO. We don't know what is going on in the background.
I didn't watch the game last night. It's not that I have no faith in the Steelers. I have no faith in the NFL. I'm convinced they've sold out to the "State of the Union". I've never liked Goodell. I think he's the worst commissioner ever in any sport. Can anyone here honestly say that the officiating is anything less than suspicious? Don't get me started. One last thing.
I predict the Bucs play the Cheats in the SB because that's where the money is.
Like MOP does Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  1797695198 I'll be back to remind you guys later.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2297
Join date : 2011-04-08

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 8:57 pm

Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  4fdb3b3adf2c040cfcf50f31e6f600db

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?    Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?  Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Stephon Tuitt can play, but ain't ?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: