Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious

Go down 
+3
IowaSteeler927
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious Empty
PostSubject: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 6:53 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-steelers-coordinator-matt-canada-is-outsmarting-himself-even-when-facing-the-obvious/

i cant stand mark madden but i wont disagree here.
to sum the article up, he is just saying they should have ran the ball more against the 4th worst run defense in the league.
i mean it rained all day and you have a backup QB making his first start on short notice.  never should your backup be throwing the ball 50 times in a close game unless he  was in the zone and crushing it on  his first 25 throws. which he wasn't . i thought they spent a 1st round pick on a RB because they wanted to run the ball more.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 7:41 pm

Yeah gotta agree but Rudolph did put up not 1 but 2 winning drives together in overtime and Johnson and Friermuth fumbled both away. Not saying Rudolph is the "guy" he fucked shit up in the game... but when it came down to it he did his job in OT others fucked it all off...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 9:45 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Yeah gotta agree but Rudolph did put up not 1 but 2 winning drives together in overtime and Johnson and Friermuth fumbled both away. Not saying Rudolph is the "guy" he fucked shit up in the game... but when it came down to it he did his job in OT others fucked it all off...
did you miss the easy throw in the endzone he managed to fuck up ?
the game should have NEVER went to overtime. perhaps you missed a few rudolf fails that helped facilitate a tie rather than a W. like the horrible pass behind the wide open receiver that resulted in a pick and changed field position. or the 6 yd  bounce pass to a wide open receiver in the endzone that resulted in 3 points instead of 7 which would have have given them 17 points so there would not have been a 16-16 tie.  

then there was this SHORT pass he over threw on 3rd down. this would have been at minimum a first down near field goal range, it most  likely would have even been a huge gainer or a touchdown.

fixing something you fucked up doesnt earn a pat on the back. a high school qb would have been embarrassed to make throws as bad as the 3 i pointed out. you can argue the weather and slippery ball effected the throws, but then that was part of the point about throwing it 50 times.

Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious Mr310
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-steelers-coordinator-matt-canada-is-outsmarting-himself-even-when-facing-the-obvious/

to sum the article up, he is just saying they should have ran the ball more against the 4th worst run defense in the league.
i mean it rained all day and you have a backup QB making his first start on short notice.  never should your backup be throwing the ball 50 times in a close game unless he  was in the zone and crushing it on  his first 25 throws. which he wasn't .  i thought they spent a 1st round pick on a RB because they wanted to run the ball more.

I think the issue with the run game against the Lions was that the o-line wasn't exactly playing great. On top of that we lost our two starting guards at different points in the game. On top of that Najee is gimpy, he's a tough dude and he played through it, but I don't think he's 100% by any means, and on top of all of that we have no depth behind Najee. Ballage and Snail aren't scaring anybody so Najee pretty much has to shoulder the load and he's been doing that all season as a rookie.

If Najee gets hurt this already pretty mediocre run game will be non-existent and it's going to be more of the 1-3yd "extension of the run game" passes that Canada and Fichtner are so obsessed with.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:08 pm

The issue I have with this offense is the same issue I had with last year's offense. The inability to throw beyond 8 yards allows the front 7 to play tighter to the line of scrimmage and shut down the run game. Once an offense becomes one dimensional, they will struggle to win an NFL game. Last year, I blamed the receivers for not running good routes and dropping passes. I also blamed Ben for not playing well when his receivers eventually did their jobs. Then you'd have AV giving up that sack or two each game when Ben and the receivers were finally on the same page.

Rudolph appeared to try to get the ball down the field. Unfortunately, the down field throws isolated 1-on-1s on the outside and I didn't see the receivers beating the CBs (CBs who are near the bottom of the league). It looked like Rudolph tried several back-shoulder throws, but the timing/spacing appeared off.

Totally agree that a backup QB throwing the ball 50 times in a cold rain is not a winning game plan. But it seemed the Lions became the more physical team after the first quarter (hence the Steelers lengthy post game injury list) and the O-line seemed shaky. IMO, after Q1, the Lions were basically telling the Steelers to try to beat them throwing the ball.

The Steelers lost this game (tied, but it's a loss in my book), not because Rudolph failed them (he played poorly for sure), but because the Lions ran for over 200 yards when the Steelers were selling out against the run ... and the Lions were able to force the Steelers to throw the ball on a cold, rainy day. The real knife in the heart for the Steelers, and has been all season, is the ILBs inability to make stops in the run game. Bush just looks awful. What's surprising to me is that, although he lead the team in tackles, Schobert was often out of position. He was a solid ILB prior to joining the Steelers and now looks out of place on run plays. This leads me to believe it's a coaching issue. A solid vet shouldn't look out of place at this point in the season.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 3:21 pm

sure they gave up a shit load of rushing yards..but look at the SCORE. mason had an easy opportunity to put more points on the board and he failed. that one shitty throw alone in the endzone cost them 4 points. 20-16 GAME OVER

that short pass he missed in the picture i posted , if he hits the receiver in stride its a foot race to the end zone. Of course we can only speculate on what might have happened after the catch, but we do know at the very least the drive continues. odd's are very good it results in a FG attempt or a TD if the catch is made. IMO at the very minimum after the play the ball is inside the 35.

so yes in hindsight and with evidence that at least one bad throw resulted in a minimum of 4 less points i think it is fair to say mason cost them the game.  Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious 2087824411

been watching the Rittenhouse case so im feeling lawyerly. the poor kids lawyers left a lot to be desired.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 5:55 pm

Well it appears that Mason is going to get a chance to redeem himself this weekend (unless Ben passed a Covid test and I missed it).

What do you guys think? Does he play better or does he play the same, or worse?

I actually think he will have a better game. Yes, wearing the rose colored glasses today.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 6:59 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Well it appears that Mason is going to get a chance to redeem himself this weekend (unless Ben passed a Covid test and I missed it).

What do you guys think?  Does he play better or does he play the same, or worse?

I actually think he will have a better game.  Yes, wearing the rose colored glasses today.
playing in that kind of weather just sucks ass. i know he gets a lot of reps in practice anyway, but this time they can tailor the game plan specific for him. i think he plays a bit better. i wanna see nothing less than the game he had against the browns.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 9:00 pm

My guess is, he plays well enough that at least one person says "maybe he's the next franchise QB after all."
 Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious 1f607
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 3:24 am

@Great Randino wrote:
My guess is, he plays well enough that at least one person says "maybe he's the next franchise QB after all."
 Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious 1f607
oh i doubt that ...lol
he would have to have a game of like 38-40 450 yds and 5 tds , to make me wonder.  he has what ? 10-11 starts ? out of those i would say he had 1 really good game (CINN 2019) 1 good game (cleveland 2020) and maybe 2 or 3 not bad but not good games either . the rest rate from subpar to bad. for a letter grade for all his starts its probably like a C-

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 2:24 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
oh i doubt that ...lol
he would have to have a game of like 38-40 450 yds and 5 tds , to make me wonder.  he has what ? 10-11 starts ? out of those i would say he had 1 really good game (CINN 2019) 1 good game (cleveland 2020) and maybe 2 or 3 not bad but not good games either . the rest rate from subpar to bad. for a letter game for all his starts its probably like a C-
C'mon Man, keep the faith! Its gonna happen!

No, actually, it isn't. Covid-Ben just got cleared. Another bright spot, maybe Ben will remember that Pat is on the field and ramp up my fantasy points (I don't think Mason realized that you can throw to tight ends...)
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 4:11 pm

You know you're fucked when your choices are Covid Ben and Rudolph...  Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious 3562723908

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 2:11 am

Can we look behind Door #3?

Dwayne! Get Off Your Phone!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 4:45 am

@Great Randino wrote:
Can we look behind Door #3?

Dwayne!  Get Off Your Phone!

In his defense he was ordering Pappa Johns. I read Tomlin's lips and he asked if he ordered enough for everybody?  Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious 1797695198

Maybe Ben will be delirious and revert back to throwing the long ball accurately.

Seriously without Minkah , TJ ,Haden,Dotson,Moe,Larry and Curly this game could be a good one....said no one ever.

Keith Butler quote: "What we'll do, I'm not going to say,"

Man I feel better after reading that. I thought maybe we wouldn't be able to adjust.

Then he went on to say: "They'll have to figure that out when we get in the game. Hopefully, the guys will step up. They understand how good of players those guys are. We're just going to have to give it our best shot and see what happens.

"You want to do what's best for everybody and try to put your best players on the field as much as you can. That's what we're gonna do. We're gonna put who we feel like are our best players on the field and make them comfortable in terms of what we're doing so they can put their best game out there. That's what it's gonna take from us.

"The people we play, it's a good offensive team. Quarterback who's a very good, young quarterback. They can run the football too. They do both. Our group's gonna have to step up and the guys who are gonna be in there for the guys that we have missing are gonna have to step up also. If they do that, then we'll see what happens."

Full report here:https://www.steelers.com/news/week-11-injury-report-chargers

I just hope we don't lose Butler to a HC job after we win the SB this year.

(no sarcasm alert needed)
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 12:06 pm

Lamar Jackson is out for the Ravens and that's great news. Not so much because that lowers the Ravens chances to win, but I really want to see Tyler Huntley play. He's a FA at the end of the season and what I've seen so far from him looked really promising. He would be a perfect fit for Canada's offense. It's his first career start in a real game so I'll know now if he has some potential or not.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 7:35 pm

I can tell you exactly what Keith Butler is gonna do. He is going to play soft zone cover 2 defense. He won't do anything or ask too much for whichever safety he has up top all he is going to ask is for him not to get beat deep.

Charges are gonna take Butlers lunch and lunch money and slap his silly ass like a chump. Butler plays Vanilla and has done very little to show any kind of real defensive wizardry. Shit it took him 3 quarters to figure out he needed to stack the box to stuff the run on the Lions who were gashing the D for 8 to 10 yards a carry play after play...

At some points it isn't rocket science it's just some basic football schemes...
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 7:47 am

i mean it rained all day and you have a backup QB making his first start on short notice.  never should your backup be throwing the ball 50 times in a close game unless he  was in the zone and crushing it on  his first 25 throws. which he wasn't .  i thought they spent a 1st round pick on a RB because they wanted to run the ball more.

I don't like Madden but I can't disagree either. I said when Canada was promoted my biggest concern was his employment history. I don't know of many if any coaches with a history like his who last long in the NFL. We can blame the FO for keeping Ben past his expiration date or not addressing the Oline enough. We can blame it on key injuries to WRs and lineman. At the end of the day IMO you can look at the other 31 teams that at some point have the same issues and manage a game plan designed to win. I would rather win ugly with an OC who can think out of the box than lose/tie with one trying to not look stupid. Not attempting to run the ball when you're on the 5 yard line against the 4th worst run defense makes you look like a MORON.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 8:33 pm

@solardave wrote:

I don't like Madden but I can't disagree either. I said when Canada was promoted my biggest concern was his employment history. I don't know of many if any coaches with a history like his who last long in the NFL. We can blame the FO for keeping Ben past his expiration date or not addressing the Oline enough. We can blame it on key injuries to WRs and lineman. At the end of the day IMO you can look at the other 31 teams that at some point have the same issues and manage a game plan designed to win. I would rather win ugly with an OC who can think out of the box than lose/tie with one trying to not look stupid. Not attempting to run the ball when you're on the 5 yard line against the 4th worst run defense makes you look like a MORON.
well i guess when your one of the worst rushing offenses in the league you might look at the 4th worst rushing defense as formidable ...  Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 8:51 pm

I remember last night's game, getting inside the 5, running it several times in a row and getting nowhere. If you were the OC, what would you do after that?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 9:12 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
I remember last night's game, getting inside the 5, running it several times in a row and getting nowhere.  If you were the OC, what would you do after that?
call a timeout, go out to the huddle and kick every offensive linemen right in the nuts.   Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious 1788976989

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 9:19 pm

anyone have a theory on WHY haeg played at guard instead of banner ?

Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious Sc110
 Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious Sc210
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 9:40 pm

at this point i dont understand why you wouldnt  try anything and everything.  even when the line played better they still were not good. if a player sucks at his position, then try him at a different position.  haeg sucked more than hassenhauer at guard. where the fuck was BJ finney ? why didnt they try banner at guard ? they could have tried chuks at guard and moved banner to right tackle. for god sakes do something different since there isnt much to lose by trying.

October 26, 2021 6:39 pm ET

This week the Pittsburgh Steelers could finally have offensive tackle Zach Banner back on the field. Head coach Mike Tomlin spoke to the media on Tuesday and indicated Banner is all the way back.

Tomlin wasn’t willing to commit to what Banner’s role would be on the team but he didn’t rule out some sort of offensive tackle rotation including Banner in addition to Dan Moore Jr. and Chuks Okorafor.

Banner was supposed to be the starting right tackle to start the season. Unfortunately, Banner wasn’t fully recovered from his torn ACL and was forced to start the season on the IR, designated to return. This pushed Chuks Okorafor to the right side and rookie Dan Moore Jr. became the team’s starting left tackle.

Worst-case scenario, Banner could temporarily return to his role as the team’s sixth offensive lineman and we could get No. 72 reporting eligible to help add some punch to the run game.

Eventually, we look for Banner to take over one of the starting tackle spots. Moore and Okorafor have both had their ups and downs so this week’s road divisional game against the Cleveland Browns could go a long way toward sorting out the division of labor and Tomlin often puts it.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 10:20 am

@Great Randino wrote:
I remember last night's game, getting inside the 5, running it several times in a row and getting nowhere.  If you were the OC, what would you do after that?

Run it some more! Funny, I was thinking the game happened the exact opposite. So I did some homework.

Here's a breakdown of plays inside the Chargers 30:
Passes: 20
Runs: 5
1st Drive:

• 23 yard line - 1 & 10 Pass Incomplete (defense offsides)
  • 18 yard line - 2 & 5 Pass Incomplete
  • 18 yard line - 3 & 5 Pass Incomplete
  • 18 yard line -  4 & 5 FG

2nd Drive:

• 5 yard line - 1 & Goal Jet Reach (Claypool 3 yards)
  • 2 yard line - 2 & Goal Run (Harris no gain)
  • 2 yard line - 3 & Goal Pass Incomplete
  • 2 yard line - 4 & Goal Pass Complete (Freiermuth no gain)

3rd Drive:

• 30 yard line - 1 & 10 Pass 7 yards
  • 23 yard line - 2 & 3 Run 4 yards
  • 19 yard line - 1 & 10 Pass Complete 9 yards
  • 10 yard line - 2 & 1 Pass Complete TD

Drive 4 end of half (kneel); Drive 5 3 & Out

6th Drive:

• 24 yard line - 1 & 10 Pass 1 yard
  • 23 yard line - 2 & 9 Pass Complete 5 yards
  • 18 yard line - 3 & 4 Pass Incomplete
  • 18 yard line - 4 & 4 FG

7th Drive:

• 3 yard line - 1 & Goal Pass Incomplete
  • 3 yard line - 2 & Goal Run (Claypool Jet Reach -2)
  • 5 yard line - 3 & Goal Pass Incomplete
  • 5 yard line - 4 & Goal Pass Incomplete (Def PI)
  • 1 yard line - 1 & Goal Run (Harris TD)

8th Drive:

• 27 yard line - 1 & 10 Pass Complete 18 yards
  • 9 yard line - 1 & Goal Pass Complete 4 yards
  • 5 yard line - 2 & Goal Pass Complete (Ebron TD)

9th Drive:

• 11 yard line - 1 & 10 Pass Incomplete
  • 11 yard line - 2 & 10 Pass Complete 7 yards
  • 6 yard line - 3 & 3 Pass Incomplete
  • 6 yard line - 4 & 3 FG

10th Drive 4 plays and game ends.

The biggest frustrations I had were on the 1st and 2nd drives. On Drive 1 they have 2nd & 5 and didn't try to run the ball to convert. You set the tone for the game and they threw incomplete twice. So the tone was set that the Steelers are going to throw tonight. That allowed the defensive line to pin their ears back and pass rush.

Drive 2 was even worse. 4 shots inside the 5. If you're going to go for it on 4th down, how about just run the ball 4 times. With 3rd down from the 2 they throw and then shovel pass it.

Master_Of_Puppets and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 11:27 am

Yeah I guess I was looking at Drive #2.

Again, I think putting the FB in and running behind him, while possibly motioning the TE and sending him through, or pulling guard - meat and potatoes run. Beef on Beef with extra beef. In the olden days, everyone used a fullback in these situations. Amazing how many running TD's there were.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 1:28 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Yeah I guess I was looking at Drive #2.

Again, I think putting the FB in and running behind him, while possibly motioning the TE and sending him through, or pulling guard - meat and potatoes run.  Beef on Beef with extra beef.  In the olden days, everyone used a fullback in these situations.  Amazing how many running TD's there were.

I like a FB on the goal line. Even if you pass, you can use the FB to chip or pick up a blitz while still using PA or sneaking the HB into a route. If it were me, on those goal line plays, I would have put in FB Watt, Banner as a TE (there you go MoP), Feiermuth, and Gentry. I'm just pissed that against the worst run defense in the league, the OC decided they couldn't run, especially in situations that call for a run. Queue Art Rooney II acting like Darth Vador and telling Canada that he's failed him for the last time ... he facetimes him from his skybox and replaces him with Sullivan.  Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious 2087824411

Master_Of_Puppets and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious    Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers coordinator Matt Canada is outsmarting himself, even when facing the obvious
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: