Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers

Go down 
+4
IowaSteeler927
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
kirklandrules
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 10:39 am

Gameballs:

Cam Heyward: This guy is a complete boss on the field. His play is amazing each and every week. Unfortunately, he was a 1 man army ... would have been nice if someone joined him.

Ben: I was on the fence listing Ben here. He did not look good for 3 quarters. But I decided to list him for 2 reasons: 1) He looked great in the 4th quarter and did his best to win that game after coming off COVID the day before; 2) He gets the game ball for facing the sideline and giving one of the best exasperated expressions I've seen a QB give his coaching staff after they ran a very poor jet reach inside the 10 yardline.

Goats:

Matt Canada: Hopefully, everyone here knows I tend to give coaches the benefit of doubt when it comes to what we see on the field. But the play calling this year has been poor and the past 2 weeks it was complete garbage. On one hand I sympathize with his dealing with multiple rookies and a rebuild of the O-line. On the other hand, it's really the playcalls that are killer and there are so many examples we should keep that to the Outsmart thread ... just know he gets the goat because it wasn't worth the vomit fans had to choke down last night Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 2744185472

Devon Bush: It's obvious opposing offenses have a gameplan against the Steelers defense ... run right at Bush. On one of those touchdown runs last night, where the RB didn't even get touched, Bush just stood there watching. The offensive linemen doubled Cam Heyward and blocked him right back into a statue Bush who didn't recognize the play that was occurring right in front of him. I was a huge supporter of his draft choice, although I think it was a bit rich to move up. But he's very much in bust mode at this point. I'll give him a bit of a pass with his injury, however, he had the green dot taken from him, which has nothing to do with injury. And he wasn't exactly living up to his 1st round pick prior to his injury. Spillane didn't play well last year and now Bush is just as bad, if not worse. Maybe Colbert is asking around for Tyler Matakevich's phone number ... maybe give up a 2nd rounder to get him back.

Note: I'm not going to bash backups and young players for their performance. Although Tomlin has a standard for everyone on the field, which is well and good, it's reasonable to expect mistakes by those guys. I'm not going to bash Haeg for letting up two sacks when he's a Tackle and not a Guard. When you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for players to step on the field, expect some sludge to show up.

Wallace108, Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 4:16 pm

I've been hopeful that Canada's offense would start to shine. But I'm definitely disappointed. Someone explain to me why we aren't playing the fullback in the red zone, pulling a guard, bringing a tackle in and pounding the shit out of it in there. Watt is a Good Player. They could be doing so much more with him.

For example, the one series they put him in and he led Najee right into the end zone.

Its not rocket science. And its weird to me because Canada used a fullback a LOT in his college schemes.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 5:28 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
I've been hopeful that Canada's offense would start to shine.  But I'm definitely disappointed.  Someone explain to me why we aren't playing the fullback in the red zone, pulling a guard, bringing a tackle in and pounding the shit out of it in there.  Watt is a Good Player.  They could be doing so much more with him.

For example, the one series they put him in and he led Najee right into the end zone.  

Its not rocket science.  And its weird to me because Canada used a fullback a LOT in his college schemes.
well putting watt on the field just wouldnt seem very clever now would it. Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 131212936   if you put the fullback in then you have to run and the defense would know your going to run negating the element of surprise. that just wont do  ... Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 2672159185
question - why isnt Zach Banner starting ?  Chuks and moore have been horrendous , why would you not try something else , like the guy you just gave a big raise too ... Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 2625562446

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 5:32 pm

speaking of devin bush. i didnt like the move because of the cost not because of bush. i wanted noah fant out of that draft. denver took him at 20 with the pick we swapped them... Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 1505004552
they could of had fant and DK metcalf out of that draft. Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 2744185472
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 5:57 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
speaking of devin bush. i didnt like the move because of the cost not because of bush. i wanted noah fant out of that draft. denver took him at 20 with the pick we swapped them... Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 1505004552
they could of had fant and DK metcalf out of that draft.  Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 2744185472

Well, the thing that just boggles my mind is that his performance issue appears to be his slow reaction time (or maybe it's his recognition time). He doesn't look like a good college LB right now. I've heard several commentators suggest it's his injury ... maybe. But his injury doesn't prevent him from taking a step forward. I mean, just attack, man!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 6:28 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
they could of had fant and DK metcalf out of that draft.  Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 2744185472

Well, the thing that just boggles my mind is that his performance issue appears to be his slow reaction time (or maybe it's his recognition time). He doesn't look like a good college LB right now.  I've heard several commentators suggest it's his injury ... maybe. But his injury doesn't prevent him from taking a step forward.   I mean, just attack, man!
i cant think of one instance where i remember seeing him shed a block and make a play. thats the difference between good LBers and shitty ones. once a linemen gets to him he is done. as you pointed out he stays in place until the blocker gets to him. the way he has looked this year, he not only shouldnt be starting, he shouldnt be on the roster.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 8:47 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:

Well, the thing that just boggles my mind is that his performance issue appears to be his slow reaction time (or maybe it's his recognition time). He doesn't look like a good college LB right now.  I've heard several commentators suggest it's his injury ... maybe. But his injury doesn't prevent him from taking a step forward.   I mean, just attack, man!
i cant think of one instance where i remember seeing him shed a block and make a play. thats the difference between good LBers and shitty ones. once a linemen gets to him he is done. as you pointed out he stays in place until the blocker gets to him. the way he has looked this year, he not only shouldnt be starting, he shouldnt be on the roster.

Maybe that's why I had to look up who #50 was during the 2nd half of the game. Delontae Scott?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 7:44 pm

Devin Bush is the biggest goat, as Pittsburgh Dad put it in his recent video. If the Steelers were a movie Devin Bush would be played by John Cena because you can't see him.

Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers Giphy

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 11:08 pm

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 3:44 am

Shazier saying similar things as Moats did in the video...

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/23/ryan-shazier-devin-bush-struggling-advice-playbook/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 3:48 am

@kirklandrules wrote:

I think the injury he had is more head than knee. The NFL is physical and mental and he appears to either have no sense of where the play is flowing or is afraid to get hurt. He hasn't been able to shed blockers yet,even when he was healthy. Wasn't that a knock on him coming out?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 3:57 am

so what does this say about tomlin and butler that they just keep letting him stink it up ? he should have been benched at least 4 games ago. he not only shouldnt be starting he shouldnt be on the active roster .
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 5:36 am

so what does this say about tomlin and butler that they just keep letting him stink it up ? he should have been benched at least 4 games ago. he not only shouldnt be starting he shouldnt be on the active roster .

I think it says they will continue to play mediocre players because they are unwilling to risk change even though replacing Bush in the lineup couldn't produce any worse results. If Tomlin honestly believed in the "standard"Bush would be riding the bench along with Chuks and possibly a few others.

Maybe he has a secret standard. Something like..... has a pulse at game time. Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 2:43 pm

@solardave wrote:

I think it says they will continue to play mediocre players because they are unwilling to risk change even though replacing Bush in the lineup couldn't produce any worse results. If Tomlin honestly believed in the "standard"Bush would be riding the bench along with Chuks  and possibly a few others.

Maybe he has a secret standard. Something like..... has a pulse at game time. Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 2829330259

to bench him would be admitting they made a HUGE mistake on top of their other mistakes the last 10 years . thats the reason why they have so many players that should be backups as starters and why the backups suck ass. it is like using a generator as your main source of power for your house. you can run a few lamps , but forget about using the fridge or oven.
. obviously you cant have starter quality at every backup position, but that should be the goal. backups are developmental players. you cant expect them to play like probowlers but it is fair to not expect them to flat out suck. if they suck in real games, then they probably sucked in practice as well. if they look good in practice yet suck in the game, then you gotta question the effort from the players they are practicing against in practice. for example ... if chuks aint getting beat like a rented mule by TJ watt on a daily basis then TJ is loafing in practice.

last decade wiffs
1st - bush, edmunds, burns , jones ,
2nd - washington , davis , golson , adams

3rd - layne , chuks , coates , archer , wheaton, spence , brown
4th - mcfarland , snell, dobbs , hawkins , grant , thomas , ta'amu allen.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 2:53 pm

Perhaps what it means is they are at practice every day with these guys, and even though Bush underperforms, what the coaches see in practice is him still being the best option at that position.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 3:38 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Perhaps what it means is they are at practice every day with these guys, and even though Bush underperforms, what the coaches see in practice is him still being the best option at that position.

well practice doesnt award a W or L. bush has consistently contributed more to earning an L then a W. he hasnt looked good in a single game this year. i mean if he gave a few splash plays a game i can somewhat understand it, but he has done literally nothing. no tackles for loss , no strip sacks, no interceptions, not even a pass defended.
sometimes you just need to throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks. they have 3 more ILB's on the roster to throw at the proverbial wall. at least by giving them a shot you know if they are worth a roster spot for next year. Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 2087824411 backups arent just for injury insurance. remember tomlin said "they are starters in waiting" ? .... Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 3:54 am

so what does this say about tomlin and butler that they just keep letting him stink it up ?

This reminds me of something a former co-worker said to me years ago. I was complaining about a move cowher refused to make. I can't remember what I was complaining about, but I've always remembered my former co-worker's response.

He said most coaches are stubborn and don't like to admit when they're wrong. Making a change is an admission that they were wrong. So they tend to stick with a decision even when it's painfully clear to everyone else that the decision was wrong. That's obviously a generalization, but I've always felt there was a certain amount of truth to it. A lot of coaches do tend to be stubborn and are slow to make changes.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 2:02 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
so what does this say about tomlin and butler that they just keep letting him stink it up ?

This reminds me of something a former co-worker said to me years ago. I was complaining about a move cowher refused to make. I can't remember what I was complaining about, but I've always remembered my former co-worker's response.

He said most coaches are stubborn and don't like to admit when they're wrong. Making a change is an admission that they were wrong. So they tend to stick with a decision even when it's painfully clear to everyone else that the decision was wrong. That's obviously a generalization, but I've always felt there was a certain amount of truth to it. A lot of coaches do tend to be stubborn and are slow to make changes.

i 100% agree with that. stubborn and arrogant. thats why they try to recycle shitty players that other coaches give up on. they think they're the ones that can unlock the potential. for the redskins to give up on haskins so quick, means they felt what ever his problems were, there wasnt a coaching solution.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 4:32 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

i 100% agree with that. stubborn and arrogant. thats why they try to recycle shitty players that other coaches give up on. they think they're the ones that can unlock the potential. for the redskins to give up on haskins so quick, means they felt what ever his problems were, there wasnt a coaching solution.

Washington, new headcoach get rid last coaching staffs QB that they didn't coach up much bring in a QB we want. if the Steelers QB coach can coach Haskins up to be a solid #2 QB they still got a good deal on a QB.

l'll wait and see this coming off season then we should see the truth.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 11:37 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

Washington, new headcoach get rid last coaching staffs QB that they didn't coach up much bring in a QB we want. if the Steelers QB coach can coach Haskins up to be a solid #2 QB they still got a good deal on a QB.

l'll wait and see this coming off season then we should see the truth.
well he hasnt passed rudolf on the depth chart yet . we and they know what rudolf brings to the table. if haskins is bringing something less ... Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers 294855916
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers   Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameballs and Goats Steelers @ Chargers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: