Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBengals Game Goats Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bengals Game Goats

Go down 
+3
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
solardave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 9:59 am

Goats:
Anyone not named Heyward or Watt.

I'm not saying every player deserves a goat but other than Watt/Heyward there was little effort with the possible exception of Harris and Boz.

The coaches earned a solid GOAT across the board.

It's sure lookin' like we'll be pickin' in the top 10 next year.

Master_Of_Puppets, effyou515 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 12:18 pm

Ball- Harris and Heyward.
Watt was irrelevant he was hurt still and shouldn't have played. Definitely should have not been in during the second half when it was clearly a blow out. Again bad choices by Coaches.

GOATS: EVERYONE else. In particular the Oline and Dline besides Heyward. This team is in need of a complete over haul.

Ben your done buddy. It's been good to have you but your propensity to throw like dog shit has increased exponentially the last 4 years. Hang it up big guy your an HOF QB holding on way to tight.

Biggest Goats = Coaches. This team comes in unprepared and unable to adjust week in and week out. They are getting out coached in every aspect of the game. Butler is just hot flaming dog shit as a DC DADGUMIT whatever the fuck that means... lol
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 1:24 pm

devin bush is going to go down in steeler history as their biggest draft bust of all time + their worst starting LB of all time.

this is how he started the game.

this time he actually does read the play and gets himself into position to make the tackle.
Bengals Game Goats Bush110
he engages with the blocker and stays squared up and holds his ground ok and is in nice position to make the tackle
Bengals Game Goats Bush210
buuuuuut he doesnt. if he just falls down in front of mixon he would trip over him. instead he tries to arm tackle him by grabbing up high. when i was in high school my coach would go ballistic if you tried to make a tackle like this.
Bengals Game Goats Bush310

schillah and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 1:34 pm

The results of this game would dictate the lack of game balls given out. I know some players still put it on the line, but when your team is beat this bad, it's a team effort.

Therefore, my Goats are everyone on the team, coaches included. I'll exclude the training staff, ball boys, and transportation staff.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 1:35 pm

It's mind numbing how awful he is... I don't remember him being this terrible prior to his injury but game after game he is just making the same basic mistakes over and over.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 1:46 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
It's mind numbing how awful he is... I don't remember him being this terrible prior to his injury but game after game he is just making the same basic mistakes over and over.

he not only doesnt make the plays, i have seen several times where he actually gets in the way of his teammates keeping them from making the tackle. they might be better off playing with just 10 guys... Bengals Game Goats 294855916

if he has to be on the field they should put him at deep deep safety away from everyone else. Bengals Game Goats 1797695198

Wallace108 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 2:11 pm

lol I was thinking during the game yesterday if one of these threads came up here this week it would have to just be a 'game goats' thread.

My goats would start with the entire coaching staff and go down. Include the bungles fans who think they just won the SB when in reality it was a poorly coached team with bad draft choices and an aging QB.

kirklandrules

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 2:29 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

he not only doesnt make the plays, i have seen several times where he actually gets in the way of his teammates keeping them from making the tackle. they might be better off playing with just 10 guys... Bengals Game Goats 294855916

if he has to be on the field they should put him at deep deep safety away from everyone else. Bengals Game Goats 1797695198

He may very well be a bust. I'm not sure I'd give up on the guy yet, only because he wasn't doing this last year prior to his injury. Not saying his poor play is a direct result of his injury, nor is he old and slow and needs to be put out to pasture. The things that I saw as Bushs issues are very similar to what I complained about Spillane last season (not recognizing the plays, slow to react, getting blocked 5 yards off the line of scrimmage, etc).

Also, with the passing of Olsavsky's wife, the ILB coaching role was being handled by Butler. Not sure if coach O is back with the team, but I'm sure there are some extenuating circumstances involved in all this.

I'm not the coach, but think we should see some Buddy Johnson real soon.!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 7:40 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

He may very well be a bust. I'm not sure I'd give up on the guy yet, only because he wasn't doing this last year prior to his injury. Not saying his poor play is a direct result of his injury, nor is he old and slow and needs to be put out to pasture. The things that I saw as Bushs issues are very similar to what I complained about Spillane last season (not recognizing the plays, slow to react, getting blocked 5 yards off the line of scrimmage, etc).

Also, with the passing of Olsavsky's wife, the ILB coaching role was being handled by Butler. Not sure if coach O is back with the team, but I'm sure there are some extenuating circumstances involved in all this.

none of that explains him not making the play right in front of him like in the pics above. him missing what appears to be a routine tackle that most high school kids would make is not an islolated incident. i have posted pics of him before wiffing tackles. im sure if i took the time to go through the this limited game highlights i could find another example or 2. i wish some of the reporters would grow a pair and ask tomlin point blank about some of the shitty individual efforts givin by a lot of these guys and ask him why it is being tolerated for so long rather than exploring other options. if bush is having lingering mental or physical difficulties due to his injury, then he should be working it out at practice not in games.
arthur moats generally doesnt speak to harsh about players, but this week he went hard on kendrick green and devin bush.Bengals Game Goats 1797695198
BJ finney was our backup center for a few years. we have seen him play at an acceptable level. we havent seen that from green. green may be a good player in the future , but he is not good now and should not be starting. im thinking he should be tried at guard. show he can be a good guard then revisit him at center.

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 7:51 pm

My issue is with Green he never really played center he was the backup center. So he is having to learn it on the fly at the Pro Level. Put him back at guard and let's see if we didn't waste a fucking pick.

Same thing kind of happened to Artie Burns. He was supposed to be really good at man bump and run coverage and never played zone in college. What did we do? We took him in the 1st round and said hey we play zone so learn it and we expect you to excel at it even though you never really played it. Now Burns was a reach for sure but the team gave him a raw deal expecting him to make the switch.

Doesn't make sense to me and never did.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 8:22 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
My issue is with Green he never really played center he was the backup center. So he is having to learn it on the fly at the Pro Level. Put him back at guard and let's see if we didn't waste a fucking pick.

Same thing kind of happened to Artie Burns. He was supposed to be really good at man bump and run coverage and never played zone in college. What did we do? We took him in the 1st round and said hey we play zone so learn it and we expect you to excel at it even though you never really played it. Now Burns was a reach for sure but the team gave him a raw deal expecting him to make the switch.

Doesn't make sense to me and never did.
i believe green started 4 games at center in college. i just find it difficult to believe that before his first start at center that he displayed enough ability for them to think he was good enough to start . before someone says well who on the roster is a better option? ...well who put this roster together ? how many centers did they bring in ?  i'm not opposed to baptism by fire, but when a guy goes week in and week out and doesnt put enough positives on tape, it's time to try something different. the guy just doesnt have enough ass to anchor or get any movement against the big NFL tackle bull rush. i dont recall seeing BJ finney consistently looking like he is on roller skates. if he was, seattle wouldnt have lured him away.

his draft report was pretty accurate

Weaknesses

Too straight-legged up to second level.
Inaccurate radar landing on pull and climb targets.
Unable to neutralize power when heads up.
Defenders are able to separate and play off his blocks.
Shorter arms make block sustain a challenge.
Struggled to dissect gaming fronts in 2019.
Gets glued to twist action and misses incoming rusher.
Overextends, allowing edge to soften.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 8:53 pm

stunk it up today ? someone needs to remind mike they been stinkin it up for the last few years. Bengals Game Goats 512807920 look at your play off record mikey.
they have been getting beat on both sides of the ball for years. thats what happens when your starters get old and worn out and you dont seriously put in an effort to find their replacements.  Bengals Game Goats 124247948

Quote :
Head coach Mike Tomlin was understandably not pleased after the game.

“We didn’t play nearly well enough in any of the phases. We got beat up front on both sides of the ball,” Tomlin said, via Brooke Pryor of ESPN. “We stunk it up today.”

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 3:45 am

stunk it up today ? someone needs to remind mike they been stinkin it up for the last few years.   Bengals Game Goats 512807920  look at your play off record mikey.
they have been getting beat on both sides of the ball for years. thats what happens when your starters get old and worn out and you dont seriously put in an effort to find their replacements.  Bengals Game Goats 124247948

Quote :
Head coach Mike Tomlin was understandably not pleased after the game.

“We didn’t play nearly well enough in any of the phases. We got beat up front on both sides of the ball,” Tomlin said, via Brooke Pryor of ESPN. “We stunk it up today.”

I agree this type of poor play didn't happen over night. Ben's been in decline for at least 3 years but because of his
new contract they blew up any chance of doing things necessary to rebuild the Oline and secondary. Instead they go to the scrap Heep in hopes of making silk purses. Now we will most probably pick in the top 10 and even possibly the top 5 because our next 6 games will maybe yield 1 win.

This is going to be the 80s revisited.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 9:56 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

none of that explains him not making the play right in front of him like in the pics above. him missing what appears to be a routine tackle that most high school kids would make is not an islolated incident. i have posted pics of him before wiffing tackles. im sure if i took the time to go through the this limited game highlights i could find another example or 2. i wish some of the reporters would grow a pair and ask tomlin point blank about some of the shitty individual efforts givin by a lot of these guys and ask him why it is being tolerated for so long rather than exploring other options. if bush is having lingering mental or physical difficulties due to his injury, then he should be working it out at practice not in games.
arthur moats generally doesnt speak to harsh about players, but this week he went hard on kendrick green and devin bush.Bengals Game Goats 1797695198
BJ finney was our backup center for a few years. we have seen him play at an acceptable level. we havent seen that from green. green may be a good player in the future , but he is not good now and should not be starting. im thinking he should be tried at guard. show he can be a good guard then revisit him at center.

My comments on Bush were not a root cause analysis of why he's playing poorly, because frankly I don't know what's wrong with the guy. I'd say it's his injury if we saw him getting from A to B slowly. But that's not the case. He doesn't even take the first step until well into a play. Playing slow is a symptom of either inexperience (shouldn't be the case for a guy who played ILB in college and 2 years of NFL ball), failure to recognize (read) the play quick enough, or a lack of confidence in general.

On the play that you provided pics, there was no way Bush could make that tackle. That guard was locked on Bush's breast plate, allowing Bush only one arm to reach out and attempt to make the tackle ... which won't happen against Mixon. MoP, you were a former O-lineman. You know that's not holding and if you watch that play you can probably see how well that guard executed on that play. The issue with Bush on that play is that he should have already been in the hole by the time the guard gets his hands on Bush ... and Bush should have used his hands to prevent the guard from locking onto him. There was a more damning play later in the game where a hug hole opened right in front of Bush, who didn't move at all. A TE pulled, came through the hole and blocked Bush. This play should have been blown up in the backfield by a decent ILB, let alone a top 10 pick. Bengals Game Goats 1505004552 Right now, Bush is playing punching bag and just standing there waiting to get blocked.

You know this part, but thought I'd provide context for those that might not know: on run plays, each defender in the box has responsibility for a gap. If each defender fills their gap, there is no place for a RB to go. I've mentioned this before, opposing offenses have discovered they can run right at the gap that is Bush's responsibility. The Steelers are very aware of this issue and seemed to turn to Spillane, until he was injured. Fixing Bush's issues isn't as easy to do these days with very limited hitting allowed in practices. I'm sure they are running non-contact drills where Bush has to read and step toward the play. But getting tackling to improve can't be done by practicing real tackling in practice.  If I'm not mistaken, the NFLPA pushed for a handful of hitting practices for the entire season (once they break camp). So it's not like our high school or college days where you hit 3 times per week between games. They might have contact practices once a month during the season.

I saw good potential in Bush in his rookie year and saw growth in year 2 before his injury. What we are seeing today is far below what we've seen in his short career. Until he can figure it out ... I'd like to see what Buddy Johnson can do.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 3:27 pm

Bengals Game Goats 1945926454   your honor i would like to submit photographic evidence ..
the defense contends that mr bush could not have made the tackle due to excellent hand placement by the blocker.
in these photos you will not only see that the blocker did not have a controlling hold , but with a little more effort mr bush could and SHOULD have made the tackle.  Bengals Game Goats 1797695198
in photo 4 you see the contact , note that bush's helmet is on the outside of mixons helmet  and his right shoulder is lined up with mixons chest. also note where bush's right hand is.zoom in for a better view. in photo 5 you will see mr bush is completely clear from the block and only mere inches from the runner but makes no attempt to stop him.
Quote :

“Your tape is going to tell me everything I need to know so don’t tell me you want to make plays when I cut the tape on you, you’re not showing that effort,” Moats said.

Bengals Game Goats Bush0010
Bengals Game Goats Bush210
Bengals Game Goats Bush_311
Bengals Game Goats Contac10

Bengals Game Goats Bush410

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:13 am; edited 6 times in total

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 4:00 pm

GUILTY!

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 4:13 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
GUILTY!
bush is playing like a lazy little bitch who is afraid of contact. you see this from some DB's not linebackers... Bengals Game Goats 1505004552

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 2:15 am

@Great Randino wrote:
GUILTY!
bush is playing like a lazy little bitch who is afraid of contact. you see this from some  DB's not linebackers... Bengals Game Goats 1505004552

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. This dude has been a bum all season long. He's consistently been one the worst PFF rated players on our defense, and time and time again we've seen him taking plays off, not giving full effort, taking poor angles, over-running plays, whiffing on tackles, losing his gap discipline or failing to properly fill and attack gaps, etc... They traded up for this? Devin White looks like a worthy first rounder, Devin Bush looks like a dude that couldn't hack it in Arena Football.

Vince Williams has been trying to defend him, citing possible mental health issues from his injury... Dude c'mon. You're getting paid to play football and you're going to let an injury suffered a year ago effect you to the point you just start completely and totally sucking at your job and then expect everyone to just ignore that and accept it as an excuse for poor performances? I am a huge proponent of mental health, if you're suffering that bad that it's keeping you from doing your job you probably shouldn't be playing. Just my .02 cents regarding that.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 3:33 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
GUILTY!
bush is playing like a lazy little bitch who is afraid of contact. you see this from some  DB's not linebackers... Bengals Game Goats 1505004552

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. This dude has been a bum all season long. He's consistently been one the worst PFF rated players on our defense, and time and time again we've seen him taking plays off, not giving full effort, taking poor angles, over-running plays, whiffing on tackles, losing his gap discipline or failing to properly fill and attack gaps, etc... They traded up for this? Devin White looks like a worthy first rounder, Devin Bush looks like a dude that couldn't hack it in Arena Football.

Vince Williams has been trying to defend him, citing possible mental health issues from his injury... Dude c'mon. You're getting paid to play football and you're going to let an injury suffered a year ago effect you to the point you just start completely and totally sucking at your job and then expect everyone to just ignore that and accept it as an excuse for poor performances? I am a huge proponent of mental health, if you're suffering that bad that it's keeping you from doing your job you probably shouldn't be playing. Just my .02 cents regarding that.

Exactly. I played pickup ball when I was younger and now have 7 different surgeries as a result. I loved playing football. I can honestly say that if I would have been good enough to make it to the NFL I would have played for rent money so I don't understand the assertion that it could be mental.To be able to play at that level AND be paid millions for it. Injury is part of the equation and if your heart isn't in it hang it up because as MOP said Tomlin will continue to play him so he doesn't have to admit he might of been a bad pick. Bengals Game Goats 2913999526

Master_Of_Puppets and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 5:07 am

i'm actually more pissed off at tomlin and butler for ALLOWING him to suck and still play. its no wonder almost everyone else plays like shit when there is no accountability.
i mean why should i bust my ass at work when i have a coworker who doesnt do dick and the boss knows it , yet dont say shit about it. do you think his teammates hasnt noticed how bad he has been ? what do you think an intense guy like TJ who busts his ass every is thinking when he see's bush whiff a tackle on a half ass effort ? you could see his frustration against bungles when he roughed up burrow on the interception.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 5:54 am

i'm actually more pissed off at tomlin and butler for ALLOWING him to suck and still play. its no wonder almost everyone else plays like shit when there is no accountability.
i mean why should i bust my ass at work when i have a coworker who doesnt do dick and the boss knows it , yet dont say shit about it. do you think his teammates hasnt noticed how bad he has been ? what do you think an intense guy like TJ who busts his ass every is thinking when he see's bush whiff a tackle on a half ass effort ? you could see his frustration against bungles when he roughed up burrow on the interception.

I'm more upset with Tomlin over this "Days of our Steelers Lives" BS that goes on every week. He needs to put his foot down and tell these guys to stop running their suckholes to the media every chance they get. Same with the social media stuff. All these distractions are not good for a football team, we saw it on display with Antonio Brown when he filmed Coach addressing the team in he locker room and posted it up for the world to see. Tomlin has been way too lax and these guys just spit out stupid shit every week and the media has a field day with all the ammunition they're given.

Though I agree with you in regards to letting Bush still play at this point, that dude should've been riding the pine weeks ago. Anything would be better than what he's putting on the field right now. Pretty sure we could bring Farrior or Foote out of retirement and get better production than what we're getting from Bush.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 8:23 am

In the beginning there was the word and the word was Tomlin. He dazzled us all with brilliance. Now all he does is baffle with bullshit and 0 discipline. We haven't unleashed hell since before he claimed we would and WTF is this so-called standard? Mediocrity?
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 9:46 am

Bengals Game Goats 1945926454   your honor i would like to submit photographic evidence ..
the defense contends that mr bush could not have made the tackle due to excellent hand placement by the blocker.
in these photos you will not only see that the blocker did not have a controlling hold , but with a little more effort mr bush could and SHOULD have made the tackle.  Bengals Game Goats 1797695198
in photo 4 you see the contact , note that bush's helmet is on the outside of mixons helmet  and his right shoulder is lined up with mixons chest. also note where bush's right hand is.zoom in for a better view.  in photo 5 you will see mr bush is completely clear from the block and only mere inches from the runner but makes no attempt to stop him.
Quote :

“Your tape is going to tell me everything I need to know so don’t tell me you want to make plays when I cut the tape on you, you’re not showing that effort,” Moats said.

Your honor, I object. MoP is over here airdropping compressed files in the middle of the night all Rittenhouse prosecution like. Bengals Game Goats 3798349058

In the grand scheme of things, you and I are saying the same thing, but definitely read that play differently. Having not seen the play since the live game, you forced me to go back and watch it again, damn you!

But first, thanks for posting those pics. Pics 2 and 3 clearly show the center (thought it was the guard during the live game) with his left hand on Bush's right shoulder (minor holding that will never get called because it happened so fast). I disagree with your assessment of how close Bush was to making that tackle and still maintain it was nothing more than an arm tackle. I was surprised to see Bush start the play well enough and take the correct steps. He recognizes where he has to be and heads that way. And then he makes the mistake of not getting to his gap. It's all right there for him to close that gap, but he fronts up the center (who is obviously coming to block him) and battles with him. Keep in mind, that center is 315+ lbs (I think it's Trey Hopkins) and when Bush decides to slide off him, the center isn't just going to stop. So Bush is trying to reach out to Mixon while Hopkins is still pushing him back.

Having been out of the game far longer than I played it, I turned to get a 2nd opinion from the active LB in the household. The response was "He engages the offensive lineman instead of getting to his gap and never makes it there.". When I pose the idea that before Mixon gets to the hole, there's really not a hole there, I get another good response: "That doesn't matter, you put your helmet in there and push.". Then I suggest Bush is worried the center will push him past and Mixon will run through the gap to Bush's left. Again, the correct response comes back: "That's not his gap, that's Heyward's gap and Heyward is there to make the play if Mixon makes that cut. Bush needs to make the read and own his gap. He doesn't and they failed on that down.".

I've posted the highlights from that game below. No worries, this play is the first highlight, so you don't have to search for it (special note, the 2nd cut of the highlight has Spillane in for Bush). But I'm glad I went back and watched the rest of the highlights. I ask anyone on here to watch Bush on every play he's in and let me know which play you see him fly towards the ball. I'll give a hint, there isn't one. I don't think it's laziness at all. It's obvious watching him that Bush is either not 100% in that knee or he's worried he's not 100% in that knee. He runs like a guy who's not confident. Watch carefully at the end of plays where Bush is pulling up and you can see he's gingerly stepping like he's going to blow that thing out again. Total guess here, but might explain why he's stopping to take on linemen, when he can set both feet and not get hit while in stride and his bad leg is planted.  Bengals Game Goats 2087824411

So I don't know if he's working through a knee that's not 100% or if he's just way to worried about that knee, but he's a liability and the Steelers should turn to someone else until Bush is able to produce.

I don't get the hate on the guy. I've never had a knee injury like that, but have played with and coached athletes who have. The common theme that hit me from speaking with these guys is that the knee doesn't feel "right" (strong enough) for a few years. Bush is trying to earn his money and doesn't want to just quit. He's acting like an NFL LB would. Who wants a LB who decides he should just move over and let the next guy in front of him no matter how bad things are? I want to blame the coaches for not making the call and maybe they are making a mistake.  Or maybe they know the alternative isn't better and Bush will improve through the season (based on input from the trainers). Spillane was in early and often, until he went down.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 2:58 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:

I disagree with your assessment of how close Bush was to making that tackle and still maintain it was nothing more than an arm tackle. I was surprised to see Bush start the play well enough and take the correct steps.

i didnt say he was close to making the tackle, i said he was close enough and in a good position that he should have made the tackle. note where his helmet and right shoulder are located in the picture. try zooming in if need be. he has his helmet on the outside of mixons which means he was pretty squared up for the contact. not 100% , but not bad either. i think the problem was he stopped moving his feet instead of continuing to go lateral and stay in front of mixon. i will say the tackle likely has hold of his left arm.

Bengals Game Goats Contac11
Bengals Game Goats Contac12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bengals Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Game Goats   Bengals Game Goats Empty

Back to top Go down

Bengals Game Goats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: