Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) Empty
PostSubject: OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close)   OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 12:00 pm

I started to type this in the Mock Draft thread, then thought it best to not change the subject of that solid thread.

Can we draft an OC in the first round? This offense brings back memories of the Joe Walton days. For those too young to really appreciate this reference, consider yourselves lucky ...

OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) Aftermath-of-the-battle-of-antietam-during-the-american-civil-war-on-picture-id151182138

Hopefully you guys know I tend to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt. But this offense is a turd circling the toilet. Heard a stat that since week 9, the Steelers have been outscored 101 - 23 (or something close to this) in the first half of their games. It takes this team 3 quarters to figure out how to move the ball. The 168 yards of offense against the Titans is the lowest output in a win in Ben's career.

I think we should all wait to see if a miracle occurs in the next three games before we call for Canada's firing. But a good practice fire might be helpful.

OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) 5-posada-firing-squad-granger

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close)   OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 2:33 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
I started to type this in the Mock Draft thread, then thought it best to not change the subject of that solid thread.

Can we draft an OC in the first round? This offense brings back memories of the Joe Walton days. For those too young to really appreciate this reference, consider yourselves lucky ...

OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) Aftermath-of-the-battle-of-antietam-during-the-american-civil-war-on-picture-id151182138

Hopefully you guys know I tend to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt. But this offense is a turd circling the toilet. Heard a stat that since week 9, the Steelers have been outscored 101 - 23 (or something close to this) in the first half of their games. It takes this team 3 quarters to figure out how to move the ball. The 168 yards of offense against the Titans is the lowest output in a win in Ben's career.

I think we should all wait to see if a miracle occurs in the next three games before we call for Canada's firing. But a good practice fire might be helpful.

As Larry the Cable Guy said: I'm witchu man!

OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) 5-posada-firing-squad-granger
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close)   OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 10:01 pm

Man. Its hard. I WANT to like Canada. I WANT to believe in Canada. But we are just NOT seeing the results.

I can't disagree with you, Kirkland. I continue to hope in vain that Canada turns it around. Just not seeing it at this point though.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close)   OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 5:15 am

I want to give Canada a break because of the offensive line he's dealing with, and the fact he's missing key players like Juju... But man, this offense just stinks. I feel like the offense never picks up any momentum until they go up-tempo and Ben starts calling the plays. Otherwise the offense is stale, the playcalling seems to lack creativity, and nothing seems to have improved at all from the Randy Fichtner years.

With how poor this offensive line is playing though, I kind of want to see what Canada could do if he had a proper o-line, and a younger more mobile QB running his system. In a way I feel like Canada is calling plays with with a handicap, but I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the same lack of production week in and week out. Three quarters of a whole lot of nothing most of the time, followed by a quarter of playing catch-up. Why can't we come out and go up-tempo from the get-go?

I guess I'm not on the fire him bandwagon quite yet, but I'm getting there. OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) 1797695198

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close)   OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 5:22 pm

I'd like to see him get one more year. Like you, Iowa, I feel like he's handicapped. Get a good young mobile QB and beef up the line. Let him run his true system. Then if it stinks, wellllllll......
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close)   OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 3:02 am

I'm of the mindset that NFL caliber coaches including OCs make the most of what they have to work with.
IMO Canada hasn't figured out how to do that.Sure it's his first season but I go back to my first statement. Isn't it the OCs job to formulate a game plan that will exploit the opposing Ds weaknesses?
If you become aware your plan isn't working you adjust at halftime.The only adjustment we've seen is him letting Ben call plays and go up tempo in the 4th quarter.
I  said when they promoted him my concern was that he never stayed anywhere for long. Maybe we're seeing the reason for that.

Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close)   OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close) Empty

Back to top Go down

OOOOh Caaanadaaa! (Not Yet the Fire Him Thread, But Close)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: