Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game

Go down 
+6
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
Scottish Steeler
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
Great Randino
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 4:31 pm

Being a Steelers fan should qualify for hazard pay.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 4:31 pm

This is ridiculous... this team should have to pay for a lot of folks heart issues...

Shalieve5090 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 4:34 pm

Well by some miracle were in and Big Ben gets one more playoff game. Still don't have a good feeling about our chances unless this team drastically turns things around. But a playoff game is a playoff game

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Scottish Steeler
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 4:37 pm

My tv has survived another week. This later game better not be a tie. I haven’t sat down the whole second half and not sure my old ticker would take much more.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 5:26 pm

@Shalieve5090 wrote:
Well by some miracle were in and Big Ben gets one more playoff game. Still don't have a good feeling about our chances unless this team drastically turns things around. But a playoff game is a playoff game
As long as the Raiders/Chargers don't tie.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 5:38 pm

Looks like we will most likely draw the Chiefs too. Lovely
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 6:00 pm

I figured Baltimore would be a tough win as always, but it seemed an extremely small chance Jax won, even smaller both happened. It's hard to get a good feeling about them playing KC. That being said it's just the type of game everyone will figure them to lose, and they pull something stunning off.

Of course, we still need Chargers-Raiders to not end in tie Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 2981382511

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 6:03 pm

Did anyone else think that TJ should've been credited a sack in the first half on that play where Huntley bobbled the snap? Huntley had clearly regained possession of the ball, and I believe it was a passing play. Watt ended up hitting him and stripping the ball. For some reason they said it wasn't a sack?

And f#$% the refs for that BS roughing call because that was another potential half sack for Watt and if not for their BS call he could be the sole holder of the sack record. Funny TJ had 3.5 sacks the first time we beat these clowns and yet I don't recall the refs calling a single holding on Baltimore in this game, unless I missed one. Suddenly their offensive line got good?

Kind of feel like TJ got robbed but would like to hear other opinions here. I'm hoping for a stat correction to give Watt his due.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 9:06 pm

He got totally screwed on that deal.

Definitely should have been a sack in the 1st half that got taken off.

Also the half sack.

Combined with the way that Strahan got his final sack...

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 11:21 pm

We should have opened a Chargers vs Raiders Don't-Tie Watch Party.

Now its back to a 7 point game. 4 minutes to go.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 11:47 pm

Going OVERTIME.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 12:17 am

Lol well ashamed we have to go to KC to get embarrassed on Sunday night...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 12:34 am

And the OT game came down to the LAST second field goal.

Of course.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 3:12 am

Looks like we get KC in the Playoffs. Tough luck there. I just don't think we've got the firepower to compete with them offensively, and they have more than enough firepower to beat our defense especially with our suspect d-line. I hope they can work some kind of magic and find an offense but I'm not getting my hopes up.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 11:00 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Looks like we get KC in the Playoffs. Tough luck there. I just don't think we've got the firepower to compete with them offensively, and they have more than enough firepower to beat our defense especially with our suspect d-line. I hope they can work some kind of magic and find an offense but I'm not getting my hopes up.
And they are getting hot at the right time. Very tough draw. We'll see how it goes though.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 12:41 pm

Gonna get spanked against KC... it's that simple. Andy Reid has put it to the Steelers even back when he was in Philly...
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 9:36 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Gonna get spanked against KC... it's that simple. Andy Reid has put it to the Steelers even back when he was in Philly...

don't think you'll need your heart meds. for this game.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 9:56 pm

Yeah, I'm not very confident this game. I just hope we put up a good fight.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 2:40 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Did anyone else think that TJ should've been credited a sack in the first half on that play where Huntley bobbled the snap? Huntley had clearly regained possession of the ball, and I believe it was a passing play. Watt ended up hitting him and stripping the ball. For some reason they said it wasn't a sack?

And f#$% the refs for that BS roughing call because that was another potential half sack for Watt and if not for their BS call he could be the sole holder of the sack record. Funny TJ had 3.5 sacks the first time we beat these clowns and yet I don't recall the refs calling a single holding on Baltimore in this game, unless I missed one. Suddenly their offensive line got good?

Kind of feel like TJ got robbed but would like to hear other opinions here. I'm hoping for a stat correction to give Watt his due.

By rule, I would disagree. In the situation of a busted play, there's no way to tell if the original play was a designed run (with a running back or QB draw). I have no clue if that particular play was a designed pass play or a designed run play. Additionally, with a busted play, there's no way to tell if the QB, after a loss of possession of the ball, actually intends to throw the ball at that point.

HOWEVER, I think Watt was screwed and the league should give him credit for a sack on that play. The reason being is that Strahan got the record on an obvious QB bootleg with no designed pass routes on that play. In fact, that play was a designed run to go left and Favre was in the process of "bootlegging" to the right (but in reality he was running to give the sack record to Strahan). Basically, he failed to hand the ball off and took it upon himself to fall at the feet of Strahan. No pass was intended on that play, yet the NFL recorded it as a sack.

I am a little miffed the Steelers didn't try to help Watt get that record a little more. The Ravens were using the tackle and guard to double-team Watt. Why not blitz someone inside the guard so Watt would have a 1x1 with the tackle? Or stunt the DT into that guard to free Watt up. With Butler out for that game, I will give a bit of a pass, but I thought they could have tried a little harder.

Guess he'll have to get 23+ sacks next year.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 5:51 pm

Agree with Kirkland. I think he should have the record too but if not getting means he has to get 23 sacks next year, I'm good with that.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 12:32 pm

"This game has me so stressed that I'm going to visit Betty White soon"...classic!!!

solardave, SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 1:44 pm

Ha ha, I've been waiting for this edition. I knew he'd have to cover the Raiders/Chargers' near-fiasco.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 5:56 am

I couldn't watch the game. It sounds like it was really exciting. Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 2217377625 I'm glad Ben gets 1 more playoff game. I give them a snowball's chance in hell while I'd love to see us make a run like in 05. Yeah...not gonna happen. We'd actually have to show up prepared and play like we were the 3rd pig on the ramp to Noah's arc.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 6:14 am

Chiefs are 12.5 favorite this one might be over by halftime.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 11:04 am

@effyou515 wrote:
Chiefs are 12.5 favorite this one might be over by halftime.
Effn A but I'm looking forward to watching it anyway!

That latest PGHDad was a classic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game   Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Ravens aka Ben's farewell game
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: